Etsy Take Five Tuesday: Gift List

I thought it may be fun to pull together a little gift list of sorts, not really MY personal gift list but one based on what lots of my dear readers (you!) have responded to in the past when I’ve shared some of these shops on my blog. To have a little fun, I’ve created an imaginary recipient for each grouping for a good laugh. Here are 24 Etsy Finds for this week, have fun!

Etsy Gift List

For the fun, social type who can’t be bothered with negativity, this girl is frequently called a Pollyanna, loves pastels, puts stickers on her $2K iMac and still enjoys sending handwritten cards: 1. Let It Go print, 2. Soundless Symphony print, 3. Mini fabric stickers for the computer and 4. Clocks, cakes and keys card.

Etsy Gift List

For the organized girl who hasn’t changed her haircut since middle school, she enjoys strong tea and graphic patterns in two-tone colors only. She’s really into the mustache-as-motif trend and adores her pug, Rufus Winkledink who secretly wishes she’d get a boyfriend because he feels like, so smothered. 5. Summer print, 6. 2011 Chevron Monthly Planner, 7. Blue Vintage French tea cups and 8. Custom oil painting of your pet (love this!).

Etsy Gift List

For the cute couple who hold hands constantly while the rest of us gag,  she “deals” with his two cats, Frisky and Whimpers, who enjoy swinging from the drapes and turning her Room & Board sofa into a scratching post while he “deals” with her love of affordable Etsy art that is on every.single.wall of their home. The nude Native American, however, wasn’t an issue and no eye rolling ensued when she popped that fine female into a frame. Go figure. 9. New Mexico print, 10. Fox and Hens Chase limited edition print, 11. 2011 wall calendar and 12. Custom family portrait, just send photos!

Etsy Gift List

For the dreamy, spaced-out friend who lives in her own little bubble floating on feathers all day (she annoys you, face it), her favorite childhood book was anything by Beatrix Potter and Mad Libs was her passion while everyone else was playing Spin The Bottle. Graceful and sweet, she is addicted to Glee and loves ballet, still displaying her pink shoes proudly from the 8th grade over her bedroom mirror. 13. How to set a table print, 14. Tulip Bib Shirt, 15. Ballerina print and 16. Feathered ceramic cup.

Etsy Gift List

For the mid century modern fan who likes to add a little quirk to the mix, this guy has 15 Eames chairs, only eats organic, works in an art gallery, and is crazy about Mad Men, Depeche Mode, walks on the beach, and romantic poetry. 17. Funky Diamonds print, 18. Doll print, 19. Our Little Friends print and 20. Pomegranate tree cushion.

Etsy Gift List

For the sensitive, sweet crafty friend — her idea of the best night ever is to stay home writing, crafting, cuddling and chowing down on amazing cookies with a tall glass of icy cold milk. Hey wait, isn’t that most of us? 21. Little Bear original painting, 22. Felt Wool Petit Mascots Japanese craft book, 23. Earl Grey Sandwich Cookies (I’ve ordered these many times and love them!) and 24. Color Keys print.

Ha ha, aren’t my descriptions lame!? I think so, and I’m giving you the permission to agree. So, did you see anything? What did you fave from my finds above? Care to share?

(images: linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in etsy, Etsy Take 5 Tuesday on December 07, 2010

1. Ele commented
    December 7th, 2010 at 11:48pm

Actually, the descriptions are pretty much my favourite part of this post- I know at least three of these people! I like the finds for the “organized girl” best, a bit strange considering how much like dislike moustache motifs. I saw that pug painting on Etsy earlier today, I LOVE it! I’d like him, please.
    Ele´s last blog post ..Holiday Gift Guide 2010… Something Practical

2. Lisa Manuels commented
    December 7th, 2010 at 11:53pm

I loved reading your descriptions, they aren’t lame at all! :D
    I liked 3, 4, 10, 11, 13 and 21 the most. But I kinda like them all! What kind of type makes me that? ;D

Have a lovely night/day (depends on where you are)!

xx, Lisa
    Lisa Manuels´s last blog post ..My furniture friends print

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 12:34am

These are fantastic picks hun! I don’t think your descripitons are lame! I love the direction they steer you in. I am in love with that feather cup…just gorgeous. Thanks for this round up hun!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap &amp Chic

4. Danielle commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 12:47am

I love this post. Funny thing is I have friends who fall into every category. You described them pretty spot on! Great suggestions.

5. Torrie @ a place to share... commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 1:09am

Thank you for these ideas! I just ordered 2 prints from Nan Lawson for my son’s room.
    Torrie @ a place to share…´s last blog post ..Holiday blur

6. Alison commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 1:23am

I was totally able to identify a real life person from each description, so good job! And I want everything from everyone. Even the naked Native American girl. Blue Teacups! Earl Grey Sandwich cookies! Let it Go print! damn. damn.

7. Collette commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 1:34am

Not lame at all! Completely crackin’ up here. “Rufus Winkledink” – love that. Would it be lame to say I think I found a little bit of me in a few of those descriptions? Well, at least I can laugh at myself.
    Seriously funny. Cheers!
    Collette´s last blog post ..Fabric Scraps Note Cards

8. laura trevey commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 1:34am

Love that “color keys” print… so cool!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Monday Inspiration

9. Shanon{MyFineGarden} commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 3:03am

Hey! I’m the sweet crafty friend type. I never knew! =) The description in the 2nd set really sounds like me, but I’m drawn most to the gifts in the last set. This was a really fun Take Five, Holly. Congrats!
    Shanon{MyFineGarden}´s last blog post ..I had a merry little weekend

10. Dirty Girl Gardening commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 3:19am

The earl gray cookies are to die for!

11. Shell commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 3:56am

Holly, I love your descriptions of the gifts to a specific type. It is really sweet, I actually saw a bit of myself in two of them!
    Shell´s last blog post ..Sex and Mrs X

12. Cindy commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 4:32am

These are all awesome. But, is there something wrong with me if every one of your descriptions sounded like me? Do I have multiple personality disorder? Or do I just love everything you picked. Hopefully the latter.
    Cindy´s last blog post ..Silly Stocking Stuffers

13. kalanicut commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 5:57am

Holly, thanks for the fabulous laughs. Fantastic sense of humor! I liked the pomegranate tree cushions, french tea cups, mascots and who would pass up those cookies.
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Upcycled Gift Wrapping

14. Studio Danale commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 6:43am

Gorgeous collection! I love the tulip bib shirt… wow!
    I invite you to my shop:
    Dana

15. Bhavna commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 7:21am

Very cute! And apt. :-)
    Bhavna´s last blog post ..David Strauss Interiors

16. mijk commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 8:40am

I ordered the let it go print before I even finished the post. I so need that message!
    mijk´s last blog post ..Be sweet

17. Ylva commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 8:47am

thanks for sharing! Will check out 1 and 17 as potential gifts för myself :)
    Ylva´s last blog post ..Julkalender

18. decor8 commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 9:49am

@Cindy – ha ha ha You made me smile. :)

19. Inga commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 10:28am

I can totally see myself sitting on my coach, sipping hot chocolate from that feathered cup, reclining on the pomegranate tree cushion and eating those oh so tasty looking cookies.

20. Bieb commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 10:46am

I like your “type” (s)!

Haha, greatly put together!
    Bieb´s last blog post ..Made in Zeeland

21. Kat commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 12:56pm

Oh such a refreshing way of posting gift ideas Holly!
    I’m drawn to the dreamy set & the crafty girl set :)
    So many links to explore, thank you
    Kat xx

22. Misako Mimoko commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 5:17pm

Hello Holly!
    Thank you so much for including my calendar on this super lovely selection of pretty beauties, and I really enojoyed your descriptions!
    hehe! you had a lot of fun while writting them!

love all the gifts, but maybe the Tush Tush doll print is my favorite one, a gorgeous painting.
    Hope you have a wonderful day :)
    Misako Mimoko´s last blog post ..2011 Dolis y Dolos Calendar!!

23. Stacey commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 6:25pm

What are you talking about?! Your descriptions are adorable! They made me smile. They also made me say, “Hey, that sounds like my aunt Lynn! And that one sounds like Lizzie! Ooh, and that one sounds like me!”
    Stacey´s last blog post ..Etsy Photography Love- Raceytay

24. Kim B. commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 7:11pm

Lame? Are you kidding me!! That was so witty and fun! And even better, a Take 24 Tuesday!

I just received my year of flowers calendar from Emily Gallardo (GallardoWorks) — I believe I picked it up from your highlights. I adore it, and it’s going to make me happy all year. So thanks for that too!

25. Dee commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 9:32pm

What a fun post! The last person you describe is definitely me :) I also recognize several of the other people! Thank you for making me smile this afternoon..
    Dee´s last blog post ..Imagine 8×10 Print

26. hena tayeb commented
    December 8th, 2010 at 10:50pm

great finds.. love all the art
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..The Favorite List 1

27. Renee commented
    December 9th, 2010 at 2:39am

Great finds and I loved the descriptions – so cute!
    Renee´s last blog post ..Holiday Recipe Swap- Kate from The Goodie Life

28. Zime commented
    December 9th, 2010 at 12:52pm

I love everything you picked! Many favorites here!
    Christmas is the best season of the year :D
    Zime´s last blog post ..Huele a Navidad – Smell like Christmas

29. Jane @ The Borrowed Abode commented
    December 15th, 2010 at 9:26pm

I loved your descriptions, and those last two totally fit me to a tee!

30. rebecca commented
    January 8th, 2011 at 9:12pm

great picks…wish i’d seen this before x-mas shopping…

those earl grey cookies look delish!

cheers!
    rebecca´s last blog post ..vintage SCOTTISH PLAID family crest shield plaque oak wall hanging decor – sword dragon coat of arms – so classic