Maartje van dem Noort + SWAH

Oh my, you’ll love this shop and the things in it…Amsterdam is a direct train ride from where I live, only 4 hours away, and yet I rarely make the time to go there. This year I only visited once and stayed only 3 days — clearly more time is needed in such a diverse and lovely city. Since discovering recently the lighting of Maartje van dem Noort sold in a shop called Store Without a Home or SWAH), I have vowed that next year I will definitely make time in my schedule to visit Amsterdam a few times and linger a bit more… There are so many creative people who live there and some have the sweetest ateliers and shops. I think I’ll show you one now called Store Without a Home.

SWAH

Maartje van dem Noort

SWAH

SWAH

Store Without a Home is located at IJburglaan 354 in case you are currently in Amsterdam and want to catch a peek, though they are moving locations in January so check their blog for updates next year. I love how quirky and creative it looks – their products are whimsical and I imagine in person, a real delight to behold. I especially love the Hang Me Lightly pendant, Cloud stools, and the Paper Alarm Clock.

(images: store with a home)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours, travel on December 22, 2010

1. yvet commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:34pm

Thanks for you sweet comments about Amsterdam.
    I’ve been living in Amsterdam for 6 years and absolutely love it.
    This store is amazing!

Bye, Yvet

2. juliette commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 12:55pm

wow, those fabric paper lantern covers look pretty amazing as well! So many clever ideas!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Advent Blog Calendar- Projects and Freebies 22

3. Ellen Vesters commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 1:14pm

Hi Holly,
    I love SWAH. Did you also know about the store RESTORED? Same concept, but existing for a longer period. Very lovely people too.
    X Ellen

4. my best friend jules commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 1:18pm

This shop is divine! I lived in Amsterdam for a while, and it was one of my favorite shops! Miss it so much! I love those lanterns! Well, I’m love with all of it! :)

Xo Mervi

my best friend jules´s last blog post ..Blog of the week – HEL LOOKS

5. decor8 commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 1:29pm

@Ellen — I’ve heard of Restored but never been… I have to visit!

6. Brooke H commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 3:01pm

I so need to visit these stores! LOVE everything but those cloud stools in particular need to live with me. More reason to visit Amsterdam soon.
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..Bookmark- Halle

7. Raina Kattelson commented
    December 22nd, 2010 at 3:20pm

OH, wish I had known about it when I was in Amsterdam- well a good reason to go back.
    Raina Kattelson´s last blog post ..In The Moment