Handmade Home: Affordable Branch Pendant

I’m so excited to bring you Anna-Malin Lindgren, a new decor8 columnist based in Sweden, who will produce a special project for us to share on the 2nd Monday of each month. She isn’t really writing a DIY column, so all of the details will not be provided step-by-step, but she will be sharing things that she makes for her home along with how she used them to decorate a room for a little decorating inspiration. I’m going to hand the mic over to Anna-Malin now, so please, take it away and show us what you’ve made!

Pendant Light Project

Hello decor8 readers! Today I’ll show you a nice, personal lamp that I made from simple means and how I decorated my dining room around the light so that you can get a double dose of inspiration. I will do this in all of my columns because showing only what I made may not be that helpful but seeing something handmade in the home — “in-situ” — just may give you a different perspective on how you can decorate nicely on a budget by making things yourself. If you want to try to make this affordable branch pendant you’ll need only a few key ingredients: an electrician, a branch from a tree (quite large) and 4 fabric-covered cables with either plastic or porcelain white sockets (try NUD Collection for a variety of cord colors). I got the idea for this lamp when I saw a picture in a magazine a year ago (inspiration below) and I thought to  myself – I can do this! Here is my inspiration…

Pendant Light Project

I kept this tear from a magazine, I can do this! So I did!

I had the branch already for several months. It was brought home by my youngest son when we were out walking in the woods last summer. I started by hanging the lamps on the branch to figure out the perfect placement. When they had the right amount of space in between them, I used ordinary black tape to secure them in place. The next step was to measure the distance from the ceiling and then I selected a point where I gathered all of the cords and taped them together, tightly. Tip: When you finish, make sure you use clear bulbs – not frosted ones!

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Taping them into place…

Next, I cut the cords (with a few inches to spare) and called my “hubby” — he did all the electrical stuff and fixed it so that the four cords connected to only one. You can use a terminal strip for this but I suggest calling in a friend who is an electrician because you can seriously cause problems or worse, burn your house down if you do this wrong – I nor decor8 can take responsibility for your safety, so check with a trained electrician! My husband also removed the tape and secured the cords onto the wood with u-shaped nails.

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Pendant Light Project

Voilá! Not hard at all. Now I have a unique, personal lamp for not much money at all. The cords were about 10 euros each (so 40 Euros) and the branch was for free! Of course, you’ll have to pay for the time of an electrician (I was lucky to have my husband) but if you have a friend who is one, or relative, perhaps this light will be an affordable option over your dining room table, too.

Did you like this? Next month I will surprise you with something fresh and fun (and affordable) so stay tuned. If you have any questions about this project please ask in the comments section below.

See you with another project on February 14th! Anna-Malin Lindgren.

(images: anna-malin lindgren)

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on January 10, 2011

1. ChantaleP commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:04pm

What a great first post! Love this DIY, so refreshing and quite a statement maker. Welcome Anna to Decor8, I can’t wait to see more!
    ChantaleP´s last blog post ..a little bit of canadian winter

2. laura evans commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:05pm

love the variety of textures in the room … wood, metal, wool etc … & the tones are so calming. The mirror & the bench really stand out for me. gorgeous.
    laura evans´s last blog post ..from a top the hill – whimsical fine art photography 12×12

3. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:08pm

ABSOLUTLEY fantastic! I love it & love that you thought you could do it & DID! So happy to see you here at lovely Holly’s! What a treat it will be for us each month! Can’t wait to see the next one! Your home is so warm & beautiful as well. Welcome aboard!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Monday Inspiration

4. Traveling Mama commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:09pm

This is such a happy and exciting day to see you and your beautiful home here on Decor8! I love your light and the organic feel it added to your dining room. I will be looking forward to the second Monday of each month from now on!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..starting off with a chevron

5. ishtar commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:10pm

Hello Anna!!
    It´s really exciting to have you in Decor8 sharing your wonderful ideas!!! I love how modern and fresh this lamp looks! : )
    ishtar´s last blog post ..Inspiration Monday

6. Peggy commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:11pm

Very nice and easy!
    My husband could do the electrician part as well :)
    And this house, at least this corner we see here… well… are you interested in a house swap? *lol*
    Looking forward to the Mondays!
    Peggy´s last blog post ..A bit more about me

7. juliette commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:20pm

I love this! We made our own jam jar lamps after I spotted them somewhere else (and sporting astronomical price tags) and it was totally worth it. I always smile when I think we actually ate up the original contents of those jars at the table over which they now hang, lol! It’s really fun to have functional things in your home that you created.

Welcome to Decor8 and I’m really looking forward to your project ideas!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Crafty Christmas Recap

8. Ashley Jennings commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:23pm

Ok, so I think I just had a mental orgasm. I don’t think I have ever been more excited to see the work of a columnist. Her style is absolutely stunning and black, white, natural are my faves.
    Great find on this girl, dang Holly! You nailed it on this one.
    Ashley

9. rike commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:28pm

wow, i love it! thank you for sharing … and luckily meanwhile you can find some nice looking energy saving lamps too :)

all the best
    rike
    rike´s last blog post ..

10. Ellen McHale commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:30pm

I think that is such a clever idea. I like the fact that your son found the branch and that you had been saving it for the fixture. I have piles of inspirational tear sheets that I’ve been saving and now feel the need to go through them to see what I might create on my own.

Looking forward to your next post!
    ~Ellen

11. wendy of wendys hat commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:36pm

Very creative! Love it and love your kitchen!
    wendy of wendys hat´s last blog post ..Jello Salad Recipes

12. tiina { sparkling ink } commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:37pm

Oh, so perfect! I think the secret of a lovely over all atmosphere is in a couple of well thought details. What a wonderful post – great to see you writing here! x
    tiina { sparkling ink }´s last blog post .. grape salsa and goat cheese crostinis

13. Kimberly commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:37pm

This is an awesome first post! I cannot believe you were nervous :) Lovely photographs too, photos are my thing, and yours are just visually yummy!

14. theScandinavianMum commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:38pm

Dear Anna-Malin Lindgren.
    Wonderful post and tons of inspiration!
    I can’t wait until your next post.

Lots of love
    LittleScandinavian in London x
    theScandinavianMum´s last blog post ..Drappa Dot Spring Summer 2011

15. Jessika (Oh My Handmade) commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:38pm

The DIY inspiration is fabulous, I love the industrial meets rustic look of the lamp & the room. Thank you!

16. Laurie commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:40pm

Really cool lamp! I love the attitude that you saw something you liked and said, “I can make that.” and then you did!!! Great and beautiful post!!!
    Laurie´s last blog post ..Kelly Rae Roberts Taking Flight E-Book The Whole Shebang Is ON SALE

17. Jessica commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:41pm

wow, that is so striking!

18. weddingchicks commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:42pm

Welcome Anna-Malin! What a great first post and we look forward to your future posts! (:
    weddingchicks´s last blog post ..Style By Soca

19. Emma commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:43pm

I’ve always wanted to know how to make one of these and now I know. Yours look absolutely fantastic (even better than the inspiration shot!). Thanks for the tutorial. Looking forward to following your posts on Mondays.
    Emma´s last blog post ..an unexpected blanket

20. Vanessa Elizabeth @ Ruffled Rose commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:43pm

I saw something like this when I was antiquing a few weeks ago. They used fishing line and hung Christmas ornaments from the branch for Christmas decorations.
    Vanessa Elizabeth @ Ruffled Rose´s last blog post ..Local Finds – Blue Owl

21. Katherine commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:43pm

Great project (and room!)
    I’m looking forward to the next!

22. OrangeFarmhouse - Maike commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:45pm

Thank you so much for sharing this! Still having my christmasbranch in the house and with my Muuto lamps I can make it in no time! Thanks for the great idea!!
    OrangeFarmhouse – Maike´s last blog post ..TwinkleBird – Christine de Boer

23. Matthew Stinchcomb commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:45pm

fantastic post! We are actually wiring our own handmade lamps in the office today. I love your photos too!

24. Kajsa commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:45pm

Fabulous idea and gorgeous result! I already look forward to your next visit, it’s on Valentine’s Day!
    Kajsa´s last blog post ..Blog tour – may I introduce part 3

25. Suzanne commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:45pm

Great idea! I love it! I am really inspired and think I will try to make something nice too! Looking forward to your next blogpost! Good-luck!

26. caro commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:46pm

Oh, what a great idea. I’m searching for a new lamp for my dining room since months. I’m going to show it to my husband. Thank you for sharing this! I’m really looking forward for your next idea and post here on decor8! caro
    caro´s last blog post ..seventy tree

27. Sondra commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:46pm

That looks like a project I could actually manage to do on my own! Love it! I especially love the combination of textures- nature and modern electricity!
    Sondra´s last blog post ..Goal for 2011 — GET OFF MY BUTT!

28. Deena (@urbanbydesign) commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:47pm

Welcome Anna-Malin! What a great first project to showcase, and I love your creativity! I look forward to seeing more of your work. :)

29. molly commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:47pm

What a great diy project! And I love how it relates so well to the rustic bench at the table!

Looking forward to more fabulous projects!
    molly´s last blog post ..a jolly tradition!

30. jenn commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:49pm

Beautiful! And I love that you saw a picture in a magazine and went for it! I’m really looking forward to all your columns … love you style :)
    jenn´s last blog post ..inspire Organized Around the Web

31. Margot Madison commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:49pm

Super creative and I’ve been needing some inspiration to get some light into my living room. Welcome and thanks for a great post!
    Margot Madison´s last blog post ..Color Inspiration Monday-Cobalt and French Blue

32. Valentina commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:51pm

lovely project!
    i can’t wait to try this in my place…
    welcome to decor8!
    and congrats to holly for this great columnist!
    Valentina´s last blog post ..Cultivando en la casa

33. Brunkullan med mosipperotter commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:52pm

Lovely, just lovely! Like everything else you do, Anna-Malin!
    I like the lamp som much. I wish I had a few more rooms in our house, so I can have all the things I want:)
    I look forward to next month to se your work.

Susanne
    Brunkullan med mosipperotter´s last blog post ..Bygga en säng

34. april pride commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:56pm

So clever and great pics. Loves the gray, black and white with branches. Feels very appropriate for winter style.

35. ibabe commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:57pm

Love it!
    And love that boots..where are from?
    ibabe´s last blog post ..White christmas- happy new year

36. sandra lund commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:58pm

I love it, love the branch and love that it is something affordable and easy to do, thanks! Looking forward to your other posts!
    sandra lund´s last blog post ..Pompous music

37. Heather Espana commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 5:58pm

This is fantastic!

38. Gina commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:14pm

Ohhh, beautiful! And your home is lovely!
    Gina´s last blog post ..thoughts on a cloudy and tired january morning &amp a whimsical embroidered onesie

39. Chedva (Belly's Button) commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:17pm

What an amazing light fixture! Your whole dining room is so beautiful and sophisticated, and the branch adds a lot. I actually think it came out better than your inspiration tear sheet:)
    Chedva (Belly’s Button)´s last blog post ..A FEW OF MY FAVORITE THINGS

40. yahaira commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:25pm

very nice. i love this idea and the whole itself. great post.

41. Tricia McKellar commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:33pm

So wonderful and creative Anna-Malin! :) So glad you’ve joined decor8!
    Tricia McKellar´s last blog post ..Writing a Business Plan

42. STYLIZIMO commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:35pm

You are always so creative Anna – Malin! This is a lovely project and I like the fact that it´s affordable too :)
    I`m looking forward to your next project!
    -Nina
    STYLIZIMO´s last blog post .. Work in progress

43. eleonora commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:43pm

great idea! I’m just back from a day in the forest, I saw so many of this nice branches! Next time I’ll collect some… I really love DIY! looking forward for the next post! thank you! ele
    eleonora´s last blog post ..ricci blu

44. Erin - The Smallest Sparrow commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:43pm

Great project idea! Thanks for sharing!
    Erin – The Smallest Sparrow´s last blog post ..Tutorial – Fabric Covered Boxes with Ribbon Ties – Part 3

45. cris camarena commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:45pm

I love it, and it looks awesome in your house, thanks for sharing.
    cris camarena´s last blog post ..Kireei magazine primavera

46. Chloe from Love Making It commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:51pm

Love the lettering in the mirror!
    Chloe from Love Making It´s last blog post ..Interior inspiration

47. kitchen-dreams commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:52pm

Fantastic! I have a perfect spot for this that is yearning for more light!
    kitchen-dreams´s last blog post ..What I love about California

48. Suze commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 6:58pm

Ciao Anna-Malin,
    I’m already in love with your column (and your gorgeous home)!
    Looking forward for next project.
    Thanks Holly for bringing Anna-Malin to us. :)

49. Carmella commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:05pm

Looove outside the box thinking! Great idea, great photos, great instructions! Welcome! Looking forward to all 2nd Mondays!

50. Ludmila {creamylife.com} commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:21pm

brilliant! love the pics and this little, but so pretty projects. bravo, Anna-Malin! xo
    Ludmila {creamylife.com}´s last blog post ..Serbian Made- Yoladin handmade

51. Concha commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:22pm

Genius!!

So glad we can read this new column, Holly and Anna-Malin! :)
    Concha´s last blog post ..Matéria Prima – Raw Material

52. christine {bijouandboheme} commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:30pm

This was fabulous- what an amazing DIY! Very much looking forward to seeing more from you:)
    christine {bijouandboheme}´s last blog post ..Sponsor Love – Cory Renee

53. Iris commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:31pm

Yes, I like it a lot! Lovely to see you here, cannot wait until you appear again!
    Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Matchboxes

54. riye commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:35pm

Great post and such a cool lamp! And thank you for explaining how you made it as well. It’s so frustrating when people don’t provide an explanation. Can’t wait to see your next post!

55. decor8 commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:38pm

@ibabe – I was thinking the same thing because I want those boots too!!!!

56. Anna commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 7:44pm

nice! I’m impressed and inspired.

Best,

Anna
    Anna´s last blog post ..Before &amp After- A little project Part 1

57. andria commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:04pm

I love your use of the Dala horse! I have one that I’d like to start displaying in my everyday life. I’m so proud of my Swedish ancestry and traditions!

58. Victoria Bennett Beyer commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:04pm

That’s pretty darn cool. I look forward to your other great ideas.
    Victoria Bennett Beyer´s last blog post ..Downtown Charleston

59. victoria commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:08pm

awesome addition to the blog! can i steal her away from you, holly? ;)

i love this diy!
    victoria´s last blog post ..the place i call home

60. Diane @ home sweet homemade commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:14pm

Yes! I do love this. It is perfectly simply beautiful. I’ve been pining over some industrial caged pendant lamps, but the organic beauty of a lovely branch is far superior. Thank you for the wonderful inspiration!
    Diane @ home sweet homemade´s last blog post ..score

61. Mistuk commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:16pm

Absolutely love it! We were looking for a light fixture idea. Might get inspired by this on… : )
    Mistuk´s last blog post ..Day three – I spend my money!

62. Beth S commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:20pm

So lovely! Thank you for sharing! Putting it in my folder of things to try. :)
    Beth S´s last blog post ..Bites White Bean- Spinach &amp Tomato Toasts

63. knack commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:22pm

this is so amazingly fantastic! Not only is the light fixture the coolest, but your home, photography and styling are simply unbelievable! Well done!

can’t wait to see next month!

xo

64. Jan commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:31pm

This is very nice idea – wish I have space for a dinning table at my home!
    Jan´s last blog post ..Maisonette in Stockholm

65. Tracy Kunzler commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:34pm

This is SO COOL! I love how nature and technology come together and that the bulbs are hanging at varying lengths. (Great boots in the foreground, too!) Thanks for the “bright” idea! ;-)
    Tracy Kunzler´s last blog post ..Lab PERSONALIZED 8 x 10 Print – Pink Damask

66. Raina Kattelson commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:35pm

How beautiful. I only wish the cool cord was available here in the States. Can’t wait to see more of your work.
    Raina Kattelson´s last blog post ..Flea finds

67. Darla Arni commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:42pm

Branches are great to use; I am always picking them up before my husband throws them out. My favorite things however were the tiny Dala horse and your boots. The horse brought back memories of July summers spent in Sweden which is just what I needed on this snowy day!

68. Claudia commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:43pm

What a lovely collaboration, a marriage made in heaven and lucky us! So happy to see you here Anna-Malin…your style is so fresh & clean and i love your photo vibe. The fixture is so great; looking forward to all your projects!
    Claudia´s last blog post ..dandy chandi

69. Tina commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 8:59pm

Brilliant idea!!! I love your column already, looking forward to your next project!
    Tina´s last blog post ..Wednesday’s Flowers – Tulips &amp Roses

70. Holly Johnson commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:24pm

I really like this—-the joining of very contemporary and found object. I love the mirror behind too with great stuff on ledge. I will be reading your posts! Thank you!

71. Allison commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Such beautiful styling and photography! It’s wonderful to see your work on Decor8 Anna-Malin. Really looking forward to your monthly column.
    Allison´s last blog post ..Waiting

72. Tina commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:32pm

Lovely!
    Love your idea and style,
    can´t wit to see your next project, Tina
    Tina´s last blog post ..Borghotell

73. Dani commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:37pm

Really cool

I love this column *-*

Thanks

74. LIV!@home commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:43pm

Hi Anna – Malin,
    Thanks for the first DIY post on decor8!
    ‘Less is more’ you cansay about this project. Looking forward to your next one ;).

75. Anna-Malin commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:46pm

A big thanks to ALL of you!!!
    You make me feel so welcome here at decor8!

76. Monica commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 9:48pm

What a wonderful post to debut as guest writer on decor8. Looking forward to many more lovely posts.
    Monica´s last blog post ..33@12

77. Chic Done Cheap commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 10:12pm

I love the mix of industrial and natural elements!

-Chic Done Cheap
    Chic Done Cheap´s last blog post ..Crafting Chicly

78. polarite commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 10:16pm

what a great idea!:)

79. Splendid Willow commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 10:58pm

Anna-Malin, you never disappoint! Maybe I can talk my hubby into helping me with a similar project… I just bought this table: (Great price and it is GRAY and real oak!)

A unique pendant is just what I am looking for!

Well done, my friend!

ox/kram Mon
    Splendid Willow´s last blog post ..A Few New Ilse Jacobsen Items In My Store

80. Elfya commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 11:16pm

very cute! What a nice, welcoming home!! Diverse, yet very harmonious!

81. Tamara, Bella Boho commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 11:29pm

Thank you Anna! I’m thinking I might try with a couple of antlers…my brother needs a light for his dining area!

TC, Bella Boho
    Tamara, Bella Boho´s last blog post ..fab find- seriously- its a recliner

82. Sofia på Mokkasin commented
    January 10th, 2011 at 11:42pm

This is just lovely!
    Sofia på Mokkasin´s last blog post ..wish us luck

83. decor8 commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 12:11am

@Victoria – No way Jose, go find your own stylish Scandinavian blogger!!!! LOL :) Glad you like her V, she is a great lady. She’ll be in the book along with some of your great decorating advice so stay tuned!!!!

84. vera b commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 12:18am

oh my. this is just stunning.
    totally wonderful first post. x

85. MichelleP commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 12:59am

Stellar job! Very inspiring!
    MichelleP´s last blog post ..Up Close

86. City Chic - Jamie commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 1:03am

so lovely to see your post here! looking forward to more! thanks for your inspiration :)
    City Chic – Jamie´s last blog post ..Things Said in the Sewing Room

87. Laura Gaskill commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 1:51am

I love the project and Anna-Malin’s warm voice and home. What a fabulous idea to show both the project and how to style it/use it in your own home…I can tell this will be another favorite column, Welcome Anna-Malin!!! xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..The Eiffel Chair

88. Cassie commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 2:39am

OMG, I’m in love with this. I love the mix of natural with techy. Thanks for posting.

89. Marie @ etincellestudio commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 3:33am

Great post Anna-Malin! I can’t believe this is your house and that this lamp is so easy to make… looks like a photo shot for some deco magazine :) Reading the above comments I think we are all pretty much looking forward to yet another great column on Decor8.
    Vive 2011!!

{xoxo from Singapore}
    Marie @ etincellestudio´s last blog post ..Winter- winter

90. Beth commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 4:04am

I adore all things DIY. What a fantastic project!! Your home decor pics are very beautiful. Looking forward to seeing more. Thanks for sharing.

91. Gosia Maj commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 4:40am

Anna-Malin, so good to see you here on decor8. Fantastic DIY, love the stark simplicity of the project. Can’t wait for more!
    Gosia Maj´s last blog post ..Oh- Yes- I’m Cooking!

92. Sara commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 5:13am

So great!! We have a ton of cool driftwood pieces we keep collecting from Lake Erie near our home. I have them in use in various places, but was hoping to do something like this with candles…SO cool you made it a real, working, light fixture. Love it! Look forward to your future posts! :)

93. Michelle Donald commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 5:22am

I really enjoyed your first column Anna-malin. I really loved how you included the magazine tear sheet as an example of your inspiration but then put your own creative interpretation into personalising it. I really enjoyed how you showed it ‘in situ’ also, as it really made the results and atmosphere clear. Your home looks beautiful. Great english too! – well written with clear and easy to understand instructions. Congratulations, thankyou for sharing and I can’t wait for your next column!

94. yen commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 8:14am

this is so beautiful. thanks for sharing. :)

95. Katie - Coco Målé commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 10:26am

wow, so beautiful and unique!!! I wish I could make more stuff in our home, I have so many ideas but just don’t have the patience or the skill to implement them…
    Katie – Coco Målé´s last blog post ..Rob Ryan Rocks!

96. Andreia commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 10:35am

This lamp is amazing Holly! Congrats! I really love it!

97. ana commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 11:05am

that’s a very interesting idea. Fast & not expensive enough to make.

Why don’t you recommend frosted bulbs?

Would your next project have something to do with valentine’s day?

98. nancy commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 3:12pm

Very cool DIY, looks totally perfect in this room. Welcome Anna, keep them coming!
    nancy´s last blog post ..Enjoying- Artist Sandra Cohen

99. Anna commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 4:37pm

I love this!!!! great job.

100. Fresh Design Blog commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 4:45pm

This is a brilliant DIY craft guide, thank you!
    Fresh Design Blog´s last blog post ..Barbara Coupe slogan tea towel

101. Katie Bee commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 5:27pm

I love your attitude! “I can do this!”
    I don’t know any electricians, unfortunately. Perhaps one could use some sort of a strand of lights to improvise? It wouldn’t be as nice, but it could work.

P.S.
    I really love the boots:). I’m glad I’m not the only one to notice that in the middle of all the pretty interiors.
    Katie Bee´s last blog post ..dear blog world…

102. mydeco US commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 7:29pm

Just when we thought Decor8 couldn’t get any better… thank you for bringing us such loveliness from Anna-Malin. We can’t get enough do-able, beautiful, home-happy DIY projects – can’t wait to read more! x
    mydeco US´s last blog post ..mydeco’s great big January giveaway! Monday’s prize…

103. Jake commented
    January 11th, 2011 at 9:28pm

The entire design is so unique – we love the juxtaposition of the electrical element with the natural element. You can’t go wrong whenever you bring the outdoors indoors.
    Jake´s last blog post ..You Can Frame That

104. Diane @ home sweet homemade commented
    January 12th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Anna-Malin,
    I hope you don’t mind, but I just loved this so much I reblogged, along with a link to your original post here. Just too perfect not to share. Thanks so much. :) Diane
    Diane @ home sweet homemade´s last blog post ..things I love the sequel

105. vosgesparis commented
    January 13th, 2011 at 12:24am

I loved reading the post . looking at the pictures and what you did !
    It is funny because I had a similar project and copied some lamps of an expensive dsigner with cheap ones from my local basic store ;)

Well done my friend ;)
    desiree
    vosgesparis´s last blog post ..How they work

106. Sam commented
    January 13th, 2011 at 8:35pm

Yes! This is EXACTLY the look I’ve been searching for in our dining/living room. Thank you!

Sam x

107. Sania Pell commented
    January 13th, 2011 at 10:42pm

Hi Anna-Malin, I love that this project has involved your whole family – it makes it extra special. A great idea and lovely photographs. And your house looks beautiful!! I look forward to the next project.

Sania x

108. Anna commented
    January 14th, 2011 at 1:44pm

Hello Anna-Malin.

I like your lovely, Scandinavian style. So refreshing and light.
    I’m sure me and the other Decor8 readers will enjoy your ideas and beautiful pictures!

x Anna
    Anna´s last blog post ..Wonderful animation!

109. Linda P commented
    January 16th, 2011 at 5:34pm

Great first post indeed!!
    Linda P´s last blog post ..Sennerholts sanningar

110. Rose Holman commented
    January 17th, 2011 at 11:00pm

Wow! That is amazing, I have been searching for a light for ages, and I tihnk this might just be it!
    I am going to follow your attitude and say “I can make that too”!

Thank you.

111. Mitzi Curi commented
    February 1st, 2011 at 12:44pm

What a fabulous, fun and funky DIY project! And the pictures are superb. Thanks so much for the inspiration!
    Mitzi Curi´s last blog post ..Meet the Grandparents

112. Stephie Z commented
    March 8th, 2011 at 6:30pm

Your house is absolutley gorgeous. Love the lighta dn am bookmarking for future reference. I would also love to know who makes those beautiful boots???

113. Alex commented
    February 28th, 2012 at 5:14am

What a great cost effective way to make a tree branch ‘chandelier’. LOVE!

114. marousa commented
    November 15th, 2013 at 11:14pm

I LOVE IT!!!! It’s so unique!!!! Te BEST lighting I have ever seen… Congratulations for your inspiration!!!