Etsy Faves

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

January 26, 2011

Hello everyone! It’s time for Etsy Take Five Tuesday so today I’ll share five etsy sellers who rock my world. From fashion illustration to poufs for the living room floor, perhaps you will find a few favorite things of your own. Enjoy!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

If you love fashion illustration in dreamy watercolor pastels, then Cate Parr is the artist for you. Her work drips with gorgeousness and oozes with style. Original art, mini paintings and prints — she offers many choices and they are all breathtaking. You can also request a custom piece, wow, imagine that!

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

F2 Images has touching photography that I’m sure you’ll like. I especially love this antique oval framed pink walking stick with the green velvet ribbon. It would be perfect displayed on an art wall.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

If you adore tiny stuffed little bits of cuteness then Stitchface is for you. Based in Toronto, these one-of-a-kind animals are lovely to adorn a shelf or to place in something like this.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

If you love gorgeous, handmade and super affordable poufs then lacasadecoto in Barcelona is definitely the shop for you. She is really into color but also makes poufs in light gray and does custom work if you want something more sophisticated for your home. But if it’s playful you love, then you have a rainbow to choose from. I can’t believe how stunning they are for the price — wow, you can scoop up several and support an artist while simultaneously sticking to your budget.

Etsy Take Five Tuesday

It’s been awhile since I wrote about my talented friend Marisa from Creative Thursday. I’m always amazed by how quickly she can paint the whimsical little characters in her head and how they radiant such joy. I love how she uploads what is in her heart onto paper…

(images: linked to their sources above)

• Reply Jeanne January 26, 2011 at 1:18 am

Great picks! I just met Marissa this past weekend at Alt…just as sweet in person! I am in love with the art of Cate Parr. Stunning.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente January 26, 2011 at 1:21 am

sigh…so much good stuff here! I love these picks hun, all so lovely & dreamy and sweet. Off to make some new favorites! :)

• Reply Kristan January 26, 2011 at 1:26 am

Love Cate Parr’s watercolors! That dreamy style has really been hitting the spot for me lately.

I’m also a big fan of Marisa’s illustrative style, and her message (“hold on to your dreams”). :)

• Reply jenn January 26, 2011 at 1:31 am

F2 images look amazing! So beautiful. And, those cute little stuffed animals would be perfect adornments for the crazy amount of baby gifts I’ll be buying in the next couple months.

I love Etsy Tuesdays :)

• Reply Deanna January 26, 2011 at 2:15 am

Oooh, so many of my favourites here! Lovely post!

• Reply Vanessa Elizabeth @ Ruffled Rose January 26, 2011 at 3:00 am

Oh l love those Cate Parr illustrations! Just beautiful. It almost reminds me of paintings done on silk.

• Reply n January 26, 2011 at 3:35 am

sorry, but I think you should not draw the conclusion that neutrals (grey) are more sophisticated than color.

• Reply Brooke H January 26, 2011 at 3:48 am

Great finds, as always. I especially love Cate Parr and those poufs have been calling my name for months! Love them. =)

• Reply Franziska San Pedro January 26, 2011 at 5:15 am

Cate Parr is also my no 1! So beautiful -nice you do the pick 5 Tuesday, quite some nice stuff,

• Reply Amanda January 26, 2011 at 5:44 am

All amazing picks! I’ve been looking for a pouf, so I’m definitely shopping there and those little stuffed animals are absolutely adorable.

Thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Kylie Loy January 26, 2011 at 6:20 am

Absolutely love creative Thursday, a new shop now added to my favourites.
    It find it so dreamy.

• Reply Monica January 26, 2011 at 8:32 am

Thank you (in all caps)! Just a few weeks ago I was looking at some poufs on Etsy and the Pouf + shipping costs to Germany made it quit an investment. Did you see she also makes a grey cover for the IKEA Alseda stool? Cute!

• Reply Ele January 26, 2011 at 10:16 am

LOVE the Stitchface animals and the pouffes. The silver is gorgeous and they really are wonderfully affordable… if only the shipping wasn’t so much to me :(

• Reply ana January 26, 2011 at 11:02 am

the poufs are gorgeous.

• Reply Mariela January 26, 2011 at 1:13 pm

Everything look great, love the poufs and the Stitchface animals, very cute.

• Reply caro January 26, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Kate’s Illustrations are so beautiful. I have a passion for water colors. Really really great! Thank you so much for sharing.

• Reply Christina January 26, 2011 at 4:23 pm

I just started following this blog and this is the first Tuesday I’v read and let me tell you, I am SUPER excited about a weekly batch of Etsy finds. Thank you!

• Reply Erin Fickert-Rowland January 26, 2011 at 6:11 pm

The color in Cate Parr’s illustrations are phenomenal! The fluidity of the images displays an impressive amount of control! Thank you for highlighting this artist!

• Reply Hilary Boyd January 26, 2011 at 11:35 pm

Wow i love Cate Parrs work..fab!

• Reply danielle January 27, 2011 at 12:27 am

LOVE the logs! All are so beautiful:)

• Reply Artstormer January 27, 2011 at 3:26 am

I like all of your choices. For more great art by YOUNG emerging artist, do check out my website and keep up the great curation! I’m going to subscribe!

• Reply Ruth January 27, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Fantastic choices! I really like the fashion illustrations by Cate Parr, they are beautiful. :)

• Reply Cookie Cutter January 28, 2011 at 3:15 am

This series has been going on for a while but I always enjoy it! It brings me to know of all the wonderful talents out there who are a constant source of inspiration!

• Reply jennifer ramos January 28, 2011 at 4:45 am

That V-O-G-U-E print is so eye catching. Would look amazing as a huge print…say 30×40 I bet. :))))

• Reply Marisa and Creative Thursday January 30, 2011 at 7:50 pm

Holly! thanks so much for including me among these wonderful artists! Am happy to report that I will soon be the proud owner of a stitchface! just love them!!