Handmade Home: Lovely Table Setting

Hello everyone! This is Anna-Malin Lindgren from Helt Enkelt visiting decor8 today for my once monthly column, Handmade Home! Thank you for all your wonderful comments on my first post! You made me really glad to be here and I feel so welcome. Yesterday was Valentine’s Day so I thought I’ll share a romantic project for the dinner table that you can try for any celebration in your life really – maybe an upcoming anniversary? My inspiration began with a photo I took a couple of weeks ago of a flower and I liked it so much that I used that as my base to inspire a table setting.

Handmade Home Column

After taking the photo, I uploaded it to my computer and made some edits to it, then I decided to trim the photo and use it as part of the place setting. I made a few cards by hand and used the photo on the front of them. For this occasion I worked with soft romantic colors. I set the table nicely, always use your best plates and fabric napkins on Valentine’s Day! I made some fabric hearts and applied my flower photo to each heart using t-shirt transfer paper and a color printer. This was a very easy project and a nice way to personalize my table decor. I bought cherry blossom branches to hang the hearts on and that was the centerpiece on the table.

Handmade Home Column

Handmade Home Column

Handmade Home Column

Handmade Home Column

Handmade Home Column

Handmade Home Column

I also made a box using paper and filled it with chocolate hearts, placing them on the table. Again, very simple ideas but your family and friends appreciate such kind gestures — your thoughtfulness is always appreciated!

As you can see, I used things that I already had around the house to pull together something nice. Antique linens found at flea markets, a photograph that I took, t-shirt transfer paper, pretty papers, heart-shaped chocolates, wooden clips, rubber stamps and other crafty things created a special table setting.

Handmade Home Column

Remember: Have fun and use your imagination. You can’t go wrong. Maybe you can use this idea for a wedding? An anniversary party? Next Valentine’s day? Or  you can work with brighter colors and use it for a children’s party!

(images: anna-malin lindgren)

Posted by decor8 in guest bloggers on February 15, 2011

1. Marlene commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 5:45pm

SO sweet :-) I adore it!
    Marlene´s last blog post ..Kaffee Den Dreh hab ich raus!

2. Claudia commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 5:52pm

This is gorgeous, thank you for sharing with us! Love the original photo as well!
    Claudia´s last blog post ..I know what I did last weekend

3. Anette Linnea commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 6:03pm

What a wonderful positing. So delicious and inspiring! Thanks.
    Anette Linnea´s last blog post ..Fantastisk mosaik-program

4. Kathi commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 6:18pm

lovely!!! thanks for all of the creative inspiration, so glad you are part of decor8
    Kathi´s last blog post ..Vintage Restaurant Cups

5. Nuit commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 7:07pm

OMG this is GORGEOUS!!! beautiful work :)

6. Tanya commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 7:36pm

I just started following! I love this guest post – the photos are so gorgeous. That table setting is so bright and spring-y somehow. I want spring to arrive even more now!

7. juliette commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 7:52pm

I just want to say I am loving this series! Hooray!

One of these days it will be my turn to do the decorations for a monthly breakfast for a bunch of girlfriends, so I will be coming back to this post for sure!
    juliette´s last blog post ..Wrapping paper storage

8. manvi @ mochatini commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 7:59pm

Pretty! I love this DIY. And your idea can be adapted for so many occasions, dinner parties, birthdays etc.
    Holly, so looking forward to more in this series.
    manvi @ mochatini´s last blog post ..Happy Valentines Day

9. jenn commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:54pm

So sweet! Your inspiration photo is beautiful! And, I love the hearts with the photo transferred on.
    jenn´s last blog post ..renovate back entry

10. City Chic - Jamie commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:55pm

Lovely table setting! It’s wonderful to see what can be done with things that you have around the house. Thanks for the inspiration!

11. Julie the Alkaline Sister commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 8:58pm

This is so delicate and lovely! I did a Valentines Table setting but nothing homemade besides yummy food made it to the table! I am now inspired to include something handmade and make time for creating it cuz that’s often the most enjoyable part of entertaining! Thanx for sharing:)
    Julie the Alkaline Sister´s last blog post ..Red Valentine Traditions

12. Anna commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 9:47pm

Beautiful and such a fun idea – a flower guests can take with them and keep forever!
    Anna´s last blog post ..paperfeltfabric Garland Giveaway

13. Traveling Mama commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 9:50pm

I love everything you did! It’s completely amazing to see how you pulled together such a beautiful table with things from around your house. How inspiring!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..your ad here

14. Karin A commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 10:01pm

Oh so sweet and romantic this is! Such a lovely and inspiring idea…would be perfect for a wedding but the ideas could easily be used for a party or dinner as well. :) Thank you for sharing Anna-Malin! xo
    Karin A´s last blog post ..Orange-Lemon curd

15. Shari commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 10:10pm

It’s a beautiful table setting… so softly sweet and romantic! I love the simplicity in materials and how much thought went into it. Thank you!
    Shari´s last blog post ..Chocolaty Brownies!

16. Amy Peters commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 10:24pm

Oh my, how sweet is that??!?!? My favorite flowers even. I’m filing this under my to do list for a Sunday brunch!
    Amy Peters´s last blog post ..How to Tuesday- Grandmas Biscuits

17. Ivy commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 10:40pm

Simply gorgeous and so inspiring! Just pinned some of your beautiful photos to my Pinterest boards…Thank you so much!
    Ivy´s last blog post ..Hints of Spring by Suzanne Kasler

18. Christine commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 11:14pm

That photo is absolutely gorgeous, I could see how you were inspired. Such a lovely setting and I, too, love this series!
    Christine´s last blog post ..The Little Things- Fun Mail!

19. Simple Dwellings commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 11:22pm

Beautiful table setting! It’s simple, elegant, rustic and chic- all in one!
    Simple Dwellings´s last blog post ..What if there was only one store

20. Brigitte commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 11:24pm

This is so beautiful, and I love the mood you’ve set.
    Brigitte´s last blog post ..Loves Imperative

21. Michelle Donald commented
    February 15th, 2011 at 11:47pm

Exquisitely your style anna-malin – made with love and kindness.

22. janis - pinecone camp commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 12:01am

so dainty and pretty. Love the washed out colours. Really a beautiful table setting.
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..A Rainy Weekend with Books

23. Lisa's Creative Home commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 1:49am

So pretty! I love the photo of the flower and what unique ways to put it to use. Thanks for the inspiration on the wonderful table scape. I love playing with images I will have to keep these in mind.
    Lisa’s Creative Home´s last blog post ..A Lamp Makeover…Creating Faux Mercury Glass

24. Jen commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 2:07am

So cool how you made one pretty flower keep on blooming…didja see what I did there, clever eh? :D

25. Ashley {Indie Pretty Projects} commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 3:23am

This is such a beautiful setting – wonderful job! I think what I love most is how versatile it is – it could be brunch, but like you said, it could also be a DIY wedding! It’s posts like these that make me want to throw another wedding reception…
    Ashley {Indie Pretty Projects}´s last blog post ..Papercut Valentine for a Man – DIY tutorial

26. Eyechartprints commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 5:54am

Lovely ideas. I was looking for ideas for my sisters wedding. thanks!
    Eyechartprints´s last blog post ..You Make Happy When Skies are Gray Eye chart Poster Print

27. hearttypat commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 8:07am

absolutely stunning images! soo inspiring….
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..honeymoon day 5- born a monkey- always a monkey

28. Mrs Bok commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 9:55am

This is so very gorgeous!! Thank you for the inspiration! Beautiful photos too.

29. ARTiculateART commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 10:20am

This is so pretty!!! Really neat idea!
    ARTiculateART´s last blog post ..Scarce Silver

30. Catherine LES VIGNETTES commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 10:37am

Fantastique !
    Catherine LES VIGNETTES´s last blog post ..Edible flower

31. Ann Gorman commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 11:51am

Very Pretty! :)

32. Heather @ Post Road commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 2:22pm

Hello! LOVE your touch! Beautiful photography too! Inspiring me to plan a party.. hmm..
    Heather @ Post Road´s last blog post ..Antique Skis and Blustery Days

33. corinne commented
    February 16th, 2011 at 5:51pm

welcome Anna Malin ! and thank you for this beautiful presentation which will inspire us :)

34. Therese commented
    February 17th, 2011 at 8:17pm

Heja, heja Anna-Malin! Du är BÄST!

Från en trogen läsare!

//T

35. Patricia commented
    March 3rd, 2011 at 1:39pm

Hi !!! I just love it, very beutifull
    Where can i get some brids like that ones???
    Thanks :)

36. linden commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 1:35pm

The litte vintage hearts are so perfect….that worn look of vintage updated with style! So pretty Holly!
    linden´s last blog post ..Yellow Rose Love

37. KaRi commented
    June 17th, 2011 at 1:18pm

Am loving it! Now really in the mood to have some friends over to spoil!