Cotton Love Home

Would you like to go shopping with me for a moment today? We can… c’mon — let’s go visit Susan Sheller from Cotton Love Home in Woollahra, Sydney, Australia. This lovely shop is both chic and casual and specializes in Belgian interiors with an infusion of the Hamptons and a dash of ethnic chic. I love eclectic style – taking this from that corner of the world and combining it with something else from another favorite culture and boom – you have created a look of your own. How do you make it work? The common thread is usually the color palette that holds everything together.

In the case of Cotton Love Home, it’s color (mostly neutrals), patterns (subtle graphic prints) and texture (objects that are very tactile from nubby linens to woodgrains and wools. And like me, Susan loves products from Flamant, a leading decoration and furniture brand in Europe, which she carries in her Australian store.

Cotton Love Home

Cotton Love Home

I have to shout out Australian photographer Jillian Leiboff who shot all of the above photos for Susan and offered to share them with decor8 readers – beautiful work, Jillian – thank you!

(images: jillian leiboff)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours on March 04, 2011

1. Laura@JourneyChic commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 4:28pm

As if I needed another reason to visit Australia! The shop looks just as pretty as what’s being sold in it.

Also, just wanted to tell you that I’ve really enjoyed week 1 of BYW. I’ve learned so much already and am looking forward to completing my homework assignment this weekend!
    Laura@JourneyChic´s last blog post ..Room On Sale- Traveler’s Living Room

2. Luciane commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 4:38pm

Holly,

Can we afford the whole store? :-)

I’d be lost there, because I love everything I see! :-)

Have a great weekend!

xo

Luciane

3. hearttypat commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 5:04pm

awesome stuff! i wish there’s a store like this in singapore!
    hearttypat´s last blog post ..kate spade book clutch

4. Cristina commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 5:35pm

What a nice and unique shop!! :-)
    Cristina´s last blog post ..K Studio

5. janis - pinecone camp commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 5:53pm

Happy Friday!
    Very cute shop – thanks for taking me shopping! I love that basket hanging lamp. Perfect for my office. ;)
    janis – pinecone camp´s last blog post ..Its a Good Friday for a little DIY

6. Giulia commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 6:13pm

I want to buy all of that! Thank goodness she’s so far away from me. BTW my husband is not at all pleased that I follow your blog…you show so many beautiful things that I want for our house that I keep bugging him with new ideas ;)
    Giulia´s last blog post ..Thanks!

7. Alice commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 6:14pm

Awesome store! I can see why it so fun to visit – the color’s, the texture’s! I would certainly be lost shopping in this store! Beautiful!
    Alice´s last blog post ..MIXED MEDIA HAPPINESS

8. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 6:18pm

A must visit during my next OZ trip…what gorgeous stuff…i love the casual non fussy look of all the wares here…fabulous taste!! thanks for sharing, Holly…i hope to see you on my little blog sometime soon!! have a great weekend!! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..a moroccan jewel

9. Tara commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 6:47pm

Mmmm! I just want to spend all day strolling around!
    Tara´s last blog post ..Introducing- Tara

10. laura trevey commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 7:02pm

I would love to visit in person ~ great photos btw!
    laura trevey´s last blog post ..Feel Good Friday – What I Am Song

11. Christine commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 8:08pm

Looks like a lovely shop!! I love those chairs hanging from the ceiling.
    Christine´s last blog post ..My House- Guest Room- Wallpaper Headboard

12. Mrs Bok commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 8:44pm

That’s my kinda store! Love the chopping boards/cheese boards made from wine barrel lids.
    Mrs Bok´s last blog post ..Very odd behaviour by The Bok Flock

13. Renee commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 8:48pm

I think I could spend a week just in the shop! Thanks Holly & have a fab weekend!
    Renee´s last blog post ..a sparkling Thursday

14. Shari commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 9:44pm

What a lovely shop! I had to reread where it was at because it reminded me of a store I walked into in Paris. Very nice things… I’m glad there isn’t one nearby. I would need to be very rich because I’d want one or two of everything!
    Shari´s last blog post ..Day of Art

15. Helena Lindberg commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 10:22pm

Very nice stor, and i like the armchair.

Goodby Helena.

16. Niki @ World In a Paper Cup commented
    March 4th, 2011 at 10:36pm

That basket-ish light is AMAZING! I wanna stroll around that shop so bad!

17. Jane commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 12:21am

Ah, a shop to hunt down when I’m next in Sydney – thanks for the heads-up! J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Running on empty

18. Sheila Zeller commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 1:22am

I love this! Everything! And I especially like the last photograph. It sparkles in a very understated way. Beautiful.

19. Amanda {Mocking Bird} commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 2:43am

Ooh, another new store for me to check out when I’m back home in Sydney. Thanks for the link, Holly!
    Amanda {Mocking Bird}´s last blog post ..The Idea Cloud

20. ARTiculateART commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 4:07am

Absolutely adore the glassware!!! Especially the ones with the vertical lines!
    ARTiculateART´s last blog post ..Handmade Iphone Cases

21. Rebecca commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 12:40pm

I think I would like one of everything, the first photograph is particularly inspiring, the blues, greys and white of the ceramics are dreamy and make me want to add to my own collection.

22. jenn commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 1:41pm

Ooo lovely! Just down the road Ill have to go check it out!

23. Glenda Childers commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 1:52pm

Thanks for letting us go shopping with you, Holly. Now . . . where shall we have lunch?

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..More Snow means More Soup

24. Justine commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 2:54pm

LOVE this store! WOW, wish we had more like it in Toronto. Great photographs and cool finds, thanks for sharing

25. kalanicut commented
    March 5th, 2011 at 7:52pm

Wow! That is a dream of a store. I love all the weathered wood and the beautiful glass. It is a store full of magic. I can see many things that would help me fill in those spots in my home where I feel I need something decorative. Delish. Thanks for sharing!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Spring Fashion Update – Cape Clogs

26. isavirtue commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 12:45am

i’m sorry, are those chairs hanging from the ceiling?? cause that is AMAZING.

27. Afi commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 3:06am

What a pretty shop! I love those sea urchin glass vases :)
    Afi´s last blog post ..Giveaway- Love is giving print

28. Mallory commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 6:16am

The whole shop looks lovely, but the suspended chairs from the ceiling is what really caught my eye! Way to save precious floor space for other displays! Hah!

29. Lisbeth commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 10:24am

Love, like, love, like… and on we go! Beautiful shop!
    Lisbeth´s last blog post ..KUL STUE

30. julian commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 10:27am

Great blog ! I’m interior designer
    hardly find store like that in Singapore. I like the products they carry.

31. fee commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 2:10pm

my bf sara is swapping manchester for sydney (for good!) on tuesday – gonna point her in this direction….thanks! fee x
    fee´s last blog post ..Our lovely friends swap Manchester for Sydney

32. Diane commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 9:11pm

Beautiful store and beautiful photos. I love the peaceful “feel” to the store. Stunning! Drooling over all the goodies.
    Diane´s last blog post ..Embracing Change

33. Anita commented
    March 6th, 2011 at 11:04pm

Wow, this shop is gorgeous!! I would love to visit someday. Thanks for sharing! :)
    Anita´s last blog post ..Moroccan Home Tour

34. Karrie @ CovetLiving.com commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 4:18am

The design aesthetic coming out of australia is just so perfect!
    Karrie @ CovetLiving.com´s last blog post ..Tile Lust

35. BODIE and FOU commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 1:19pm

Beautiful shop! I really like the wooden chopping boards! I’m trying to find a few for my kitchen in London.

36. linden commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 2:27pm

Just Beautiful….
    linden´s last blog post ..Yellow Rose Love

37. Radostina commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 5:22pm

Ah… gorgeous shop with million interesting things in it :) Thank you, Holly and have a great day.
    Radostina´s last blog post ..Amazing Letters by Victoria Hoke Lane ♥ Красиви букви от Виктория Хоук Лейн

38. A CASA DA VÁ commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 6:16pm

Love love love it! Everything looks so precious, wish there was a store like that in Brazil!
    A CASA DA VÁ´s last blog post ..Experiencing Carnaval in Rio de Janeiro

39. Margarida commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 6:28pm

Oh, this shop is so beautiful and so peaceful.

Love it!!

Have a nice week, Holly

40. Rose commented
    March 7th, 2011 at 11:20pm

it is so cool to be able to visit shops across the globe. Thanks so much.

41. cecilia commented
    March 8th, 2011 at 8:10am

Everything in this shop is what I love! The last photo with the glass vases on the extra long dining table is very cool. Love how the shelves are organized within the store! Thank you for introducing this awesome shop to us!

42. Marie Nichols commented
    March 11th, 2011 at 8:13pm

This was one of my fave propping shops when I was in Sydney. You’re making me feel “Sydney Sick” x

43. Brugge Restaurant commented
    March 14th, 2011 at 6:48am

this is a Very nice stor, and i like the armchair …..