A Pretty Home in Norway

Don’t you love how spoiled we are? We can sit before our screens and travel to faraway places in seconds, free of charge, to peek in on the life and decorating styles of others. I mean, it’s amazing and whenever I start feeling sick of the internet I remind myself of how valuable it really is and how I really couldn’t live or work without it.

I’m fascinated by trends in other parts of the world and love to see how people decorate and thanks to blogs, there is no end to the inspiration that exists online. In fact, I spend most of my time on blogs that I cannot even read because they are in French, Swedish and Danish for example. Today I came across a beautiful blog called Rosaliga (which seems to translate into English to mean Pink League) in Norway and wow, it’s so pretty!

Blogger, passionate decorator and jewelry designer Randi Andreassen (her things are sold in her Epla shop — Epla is like a Scandinavia Etsy.) created her inspiring blog and on it, she shows many photos from her home, travels and of her interests from the magazines that she reads to the decorating projects she undertakes.

Love this wall color and these trees-as-coat hangers designed by Swedish design firm Swedese.

Randi has such a great eye and I spot lots of things in her home from some of my favorite designers like Tine K Home and Rie Elise Larsen.

Amazing, right!? So many ideas to use from this gorgeous home from the handmade wooden headboard to the wooden coffee table on wheels and the hints of pink here and there to be girly and still grown up. She has many of the same things that I have – like the IKEA natural rug in her dining room and the white metal chairs around her table, so it’s fun to see how she is using them differently in her space vs. how I use them in mine. Do you do that? Look for similar pieces in your favorite rooms to see if you could try taking something from one room to use in another to create a new “inspired by” look based on your favorite image? Try it sometime, it’s fun!

(images: randi andreassen)

Posted by decor8 in blogs, Decorating Tips on May 11, 2011

1. Peony and Thistle commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:28pm

Gorgeous! I love everything about it!

2. Luciane at Home Bunch commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:33pm

Yes! We’re lucky!!!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful place today!

xo

Luciane

3. Miss Walker commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:35pm

This is so pretty, loving the dining space with the fire and that amazing silver light fitting! I am giving away a copy of your gorgeous book Decorate, some of your readers might love to come and be in it to win it here! Miss Walker xoxo

4. keishua commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:39pm

That couch is amazing! I want it. Lovely.
    keishua´s last blog post ..Walking in this World

5. keishua commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:40pm

Such a lovely house. I really like the couch.
    keishua´s last blog post ..Walking in this World

6. Dawanna Young commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:43pm

Beautiful~ Her color palette is lovely!

7. Amy - pride of place commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:50pm

I have found a lot of inspiring Norwegian blogs recently. Have you ever been on Fryd + Design http://frydogdesign.blogspot.com/ every image makes me smile on that blog.
    Amy – pride of place´s last blog post ..Love the Look

8. Alicia commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:53pm

I love this coffee table – any idea where i is from?

9. Julia commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 3:58pm

Lovely, thanks for the tip!

For scandinavian home inspiration I keep an eye on http://scandinavianretreat.blogspot.com/ which unfortunately doesn’t post very often, but its edition is flawless.
    Julia´s last blog post ..Time traveling to 2006

10. Annika commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:01pm

Recommending http://vitaranunkler.blogspot.com/
    Unfortunately she writes in Swedish but her photos of her home are really nice.

11. Barbara commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:04pm

Hello Holly,

I am just like you, I love to discover new and beautiful things and sometimes I can stay in front of my computer for hours. For example now I was trying to help my friend that has just bought a new house in France. She asked me something like “Marie Antoinette style”. I found a fantastic door (The Collector – white and gold) and I was thinking of mixing it with a Baccarat chandelier and a very modern dinner table. As you have a great eye, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me. :)
    Thank you for your patience and help,
    Ciao,
    Barbara

12. decor8 commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:07pm

@Barbara – I think that sounds great, I like that idea!

13. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:08pm

Really beautiful!! I love the headboard.
    Becky D@KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Recipe Time!!

14. Charlotta - ohlovely.se commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:20pm

Gorgeous home! Love the details. :)
    Charlotta – ohlovely.se´s last blog post ..Bowl of summer

15. Rumisu commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:24pm

I love that coffee table with the wheels. i will be keeping an eye open for antique handcarved doors, i think the same idea could be applied to them as well :)
    Rumisu´s last blog post ..Post-Surgery Buzz…

16. Pinar commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:26pm

I love that coffee table with the giant wheels. I will be keeping an eye open for an antique handcarved door. the same idea could be applied to that as well :)
    Pinar´s last blog post ..Post-Surgery Buzz…

17. anne commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 4:46pm

I am very inspired .. would love my house like that too .. I came here via a RT on twitter :-)

18. Angie commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 6:30pm

I really love the touches of natural wood in each room… gives it a warm touch but retains the clean feel. I want to go there :)
    Angie´s last blog post ..What about wallpaper

19. Lizet commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:02pm

Love this place! I want that coffee table.
    Lizet´s last blog post ..White Folded Bud Vase

20. Eva @ Four Leaf Clover commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:09pm

Beautiful, as always! Just when I think I’ve gotten my fill of home inspirations.. you toss a whole bagfull of more amazingness!
    Eva @ Four Leaf Clover´s last blog post ..Quizzes galore at BlogThings

21. Katie Truelove commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:35pm

I love those tree coat hangers too!
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Tangerine Collins or something

22. Iris commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 8:40pm

What a sparkling home. Great mixture of materials.
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Contrast

23. Winter commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Gorgeous- I love the idea of hanging my coat on that hook every day- it would take me hours- hmm which twig shall I decorate todat?…!

Hey Holly, I hope you are going to have a signing of your book in Portsmouth, NH it is such a cool little town and I bet you would get a nice turnout. I will happily travel to Boston however!

24. sécia commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 9:27pm

Wow. I love it all! Thanks for sharing.

sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..shop vintage

25. Katie commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 9:43pm

I love those trees used as coat hangers. Wouldn’t that be lovely in a child’s room?

Who am I kidding? I’d like it in my own room. Trees are such a lovely motif.
    Katie´s last blog post ..where weve been

26. Shannon commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 10:35pm

I’m coveting those Peace pillows. Awesome. ps Holly – I got your book in the mail today. It is just gorgeous!!
    Shannon´s last blog post ..DIY for the kids

27. hena tayeb commented
    May 11th, 2011 at 11:30pm

I love the coat racks!
    hena tayeb´s last blog post ..Some Blossoms and Mothers Day

28. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 1:18am

Love this home! So very much….beautiful palette, love that chair/pink pillow/chandy combo and love those coat trees! Just love it….and am so with you. I find myself so often recently feeling sick of the internet for different reasons and then….I am dazzled by something so lovely, I feel so lucky to be able to see it, know about it or share it. Thanks for the beautiful reminder hun!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Brief Reunion

29. Andreia commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 1:35am

Wow! I love those coat hangers! It would fit well at my home too! I love this home’s atmosphere!

30. deborah commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:24am

Thanks, Holly. Tonight, I just wanted to sign on and look at pretty interiors – and here they are. Lovely.

31. Silvia commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:44am

LOVE the tree coat hangers! Functional art … beautiful! Are they available in the US?

32. ArticulateArt commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 5:48am

I love the coffee table with wheels! and the butterfly light fixture and the tree branches are awesome!!!!
    ArticulateArt´s last blog post ..Montreal &amp Seattle Architectures

33. Jenny commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 10:02am

I just love this site – Rosaliga – beautiful interiors – the way I would go if I didn’t need colour so much. Love her earrings too but couldn’t quite navigate in Norwegian. I’ll have to try google translater.

34. decor8 commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 2:12pm

@Shannon – Thank you!!! I hope that you enjoy it. :)

35. linden commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 8:51pm

I really like these white metal chairs…everytime I see the aluminum color in that style I want a whole set. Thanks for sharing these pretty photos.
    linden´s last blog post ..Nettle Soup

36. Amelia@ Wind Chimes commented
    May 12th, 2011 at 11:01pm

I’ve been to Norway a couple of years ago and my first impression of the country was that it was all cold. But I was wrong. The place is full of warm people. The houses we’ve been in to almost all have white-colored walls and ceilings just like the ones posted here. I think it’s there fashion to match all the snows outside. I looks good.

Is the black carpet/rug made of pure animal skin? I love to have one.
    Amelia@ Wind Chimes´s last blog post ..Create an Enchanting Evening with Garden Decors

37. marilyn commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 2:25am

I just love these colors. I have been a fan of your blog for so long!
    marilyn´s last blog post ..Organic Mania

38. R Kyle commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 8:08am

I love the native chair. It gives great design and masterpiece if polished properly. And also the center table in the living room is very creative. Great job!

R. Kyle
    product design company

39. Fleur commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 3:38pm

I love the delicate colour of the fabrics on the cushions, beautiful shades of pastel. The Norwegians definitely have it right. Their furnishings and decor looks so effortless and cosy as well!

40. Jac Bishop commented
    May 13th, 2011 at 11:54pm

There is something remarkable simple and elegant about this home. It is stunning. I love it.

41. desiree - Vosgesparis commented
    May 14th, 2011 at 8:50pm

Really great home.. I love the coat rack!
    desiree – Vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Concrete Tape

42. Suzanne commented
    May 15th, 2011 at 9:21am

Love it too! So inspiring! I also enjoy reading these blogs of other countries.
    Suzanne´s last blog post ..Twinklebird

43. meagan commented
    May 15th, 2011 at 3:19pm

Ohhhh I adore the dining room table area – so beautiful! I love Scandinavian style homes, maybe I should have been born in that part of the world,
    Cheers,
    Meagan
    meagan´s last blog post ..What Do Our Doors Say About Us

44. Ada @ New York commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 4:25pm

Great photo selection. You are such an inspiration Holly … curating beautiful photos to display on ur blog and letting ur authenticity shine with ur words. Thank u!
    Ada @ New York´s last blog post ..Monday’s Make-it … Moroccan stencil DIY by Ada

45. decor8 commented
    May 16th, 2011 at 4:44pm

@Ada – And I add lots of my own now thanks to my new camera! :)