Home Tours

A Pretty Home in Norway

May 11, 2011

Don’t you love how spoiled we are? We can sit before our screens and travel to faraway places in seconds, free of charge, to peek in on the life and decorating styles of others. I mean, it’s amazing and whenever I start feeling sick of the internet I remind myself of how valuable it really is and how I really couldn’t live or work without it.

A Pretty Home in Norway

I’m fascinated by trends in other parts of the world and love to see how people decorate and thanks to blogs, there is no end to the inspiration that exists online. In fact, I spend most of my time on blogs that I cannot even read because they are in French, Swedish and Danish for example. Today I came across a beautiful blog called Rosaliga (which seems to translate into English to mean Pink League) in Norway and wow, it’s so pretty!

A Pretty Home in Norway

Blogger, passionate decorator and jewelry designer Randi Andreassen (her things are sold in her Epla shop — Epla is like a Scandinavia Etsy.) created her inspiring blog and on it, she shows many photos from her home, travels and of her interests from the magazines that she reads to the decorating projects she undertakes.

A Pretty Home in Norway

A Pretty Home in Norway

A Pretty Home in Norway

Love this wall color and these trees-as-coat hangers designed by Swedish design firm Swedese.

A Pretty Home in Norway

A Pretty Home in Norway

Randi has such a great eye and I spot lots of things in her home from some of my favorite designers like Tine K Home and Rie Elise Larsen.

Amazing, right!? So many ideas to use from this gorgeous home from the handmade wooden headboard to the wooden coffee table on wheels and the hints of pink here and there to be girly and still grown up. She has many of the same things that I have – like the IKEA natural rug in her dining room and the white metal chairs around her table, so it’s fun to see how she is using them differently in her space vs. how I use them in mine. Do you do that? Look for similar pieces in your favorite rooms to see if you could try taking something from one room to use in another to create a new “inspired by” look based on your favorite image? Try it sometime, it’s fun!

(images: randi andreassen)

You Might Also Like

45 Comments

• Reply Peony and Thistle May 11, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Gorgeous! I love everything about it!

• Reply Luciane at Home Bunch May 11, 2011 at 3:33 pm

Yes! We’re lucky!!!

Thank you for sharing this beautiful place today!

xo

Luciane

• Reply Miss Walker May 11, 2011 at 3:35 pm

This is so pretty, loving the dining space with the fire and that amazing silver light fitting! I am giving away a copy of your gorgeous book Decorate, some of your readers might love to come and be in it to win it here! Miss Walker xoxo

• Reply keishua May 11, 2011 at 3:39 pm

That couch is amazing! I want it. Lovely.

• Reply keishua May 11, 2011 at 3:40 pm

Such a lovely house. I really like the couch.

• Reply Dawanna Young May 11, 2011 at 3:43 pm

Beautiful~ Her color palette is lovely!

• Reply Amy - pride of place May 11, 2011 at 3:50 pm

I have found a lot of inspiring Norwegian blogs recently. Have you ever been on Fryd + Design http://frydogdesign.blogspot.com/ every image makes me smile on that blog.

• Reply Alicia May 11, 2011 at 3:53 pm

I love this coffee table – any idea where i is from?

• Reply Julia May 11, 2011 at 3:58 pm

Lovely, thanks for the tip!

For scandinavian home inspiration I keep an eye on http://scandinavianretreat.blogspot.com/ which unfortunately doesn’t post very often, but its edition is flawless.

• Reply Annika May 11, 2011 at 4:01 pm

Recommending http://vitaranunkler.blogspot.com/
    Unfortunately she writes in Swedish but her photos of her home are really nice.

• Reply Barbara May 11, 2011 at 4:04 pm

Hello Holly,

I am just like you, I love to discover new and beautiful things and sometimes I can stay in front of my computer for hours. For example now I was trying to help my friend that has just bought a new house in France. She asked me something like “Marie Antoinette style”. I found a fantastic door (The Collector – white and gold) and I was thinking of mixing it with a Baccarat chandelier and a very modern dinner table. As you have a great eye, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for me. :)
    Thank you for your patience and help,
    Ciao,
    Barbara

• Reply decor8 May 11, 2011 at 4:07 pm

@Barbara – I think that sounds great, I like that idea!

• Reply Becky D@KingsDownRoad May 11, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Really beautiful!! I love the headboard.

• Reply Charlotta - ohlovely.se May 11, 2011 at 4:20 pm

Gorgeous home! Love the details. :)

• Reply Rumisu May 11, 2011 at 4:24 pm

I love that coffee table with the wheels. i will be keeping an eye open for antique handcarved doors, i think the same idea could be applied to them as well :)

• Reply Pinar May 11, 2011 at 4:26 pm

I love that coffee table with the giant wheels. I will be keeping an eye open for an antique handcarved door. the same idea could be applied to that as well :)

• Reply anne May 11, 2011 at 4:46 pm

I am very inspired .. would love my house like that too .. I came here via a RT on twitter :-)

• Reply Angie May 11, 2011 at 6:30 pm

I really love the touches of natural wood in each room… gives it a warm touch but retains the clean feel. I want to go there :)

• Reply Lizet May 11, 2011 at 8:02 pm

Love this place! I want that coffee table.

• Reply Eva @ Four Leaf Clover May 11, 2011 at 8:09 pm

Beautiful, as always! Just when I think I’ve gotten my fill of home inspirations.. you toss a whole bagfull of more amazingness!

• Reply Katie Truelove May 11, 2011 at 8:35 pm

I love those tree coat hangers too!

• Reply Iris May 11, 2011 at 8:40 pm

What a sparkling home. Great mixture of materials.
    x Iris

• Reply Winter May 11, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Gorgeous- I love the idea of hanging my coat on that hook every day- it would take me hours- hmm which twig shall I decorate todat?…!

Hey Holly, I hope you are going to have a signing of your book in Portsmouth, NH it is such a cool little town and I bet you would get a nice turnout. I will happily travel to Boston however!

• Reply sécia May 11, 2011 at 9:27 pm

Wow. I love it all! Thanks for sharing.

sécia

• Reply Katie May 11, 2011 at 9:43 pm

I love those trees used as coat hangers. Wouldn’t that be lovely in a child’s room?

Who am I kidding? I’d like it in my own room. Trees are such a lovely motif.

• Reply Shannon May 11, 2011 at 10:35 pm

I’m coveting those Peace pillows. Awesome. ps Holly – I got your book in the mail today. It is just gorgeous!!

• Reply decor8 May 12, 2011 at 2:12 pm

@Shannon – Thank you!!! I hope that you enjoy it. :)

• Reply hena tayeb May 11, 2011 at 11:30 pm

I love the coat racks!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 12, 2011 at 1:18 am

Love this home! So very much….beautiful palette, love that chair/pink pillow/chandy combo and love those coat trees! Just love it….and am so with you. I find myself so often recently feeling sick of the internet for different reasons and then….I am dazzled by something so lovely, I feel so lucky to be able to see it, know about it or share it. Thanks for the beautiful reminder hun!
    xo
    Melis

• Reply Andreia May 12, 2011 at 1:35 am

Wow! I love those coat hangers! It would fit well at my home too! I love this home’s atmosphere!

• Reply deborah May 12, 2011 at 2:24 am

Thanks, Holly. Tonight, I just wanted to sign on and look at pretty interiors – and here they are. Lovely.

• Reply Silvia May 12, 2011 at 5:44 am

LOVE the tree coat hangers! Functional art … beautiful! Are they available in the US?

• Reply ArticulateArt May 12, 2011 at 5:48 am

I love the coffee table with wheels! and the butterfly light fixture and the tree branches are awesome!!!!

• Reply Jenny May 12, 2011 at 10:02 am

I just love this site – Rosaliga – beautiful interiors – the way I would go if I didn’t need colour so much. Love her earrings too but couldn’t quite navigate in Norwegian. I’ll have to try google translater.

• Reply linden May 12, 2011 at 8:51 pm

I really like these white metal chairs…everytime I see the aluminum color in that style I want a whole set. Thanks for sharing these pretty photos.

• Reply Amelia@ Wind Chimes May 12, 2011 at 11:01 pm

I’ve been to Norway a couple of years ago and my first impression of the country was that it was all cold. But I was wrong. The place is full of warm people. The houses we’ve been in to almost all have white-colored walls and ceilings just like the ones posted here. I think it’s there fashion to match all the snows outside. I looks good.

Is the black carpet/rug made of pure animal skin? I love to have one.

• Reply marilyn May 13, 2011 at 2:25 am

I just love these colors. I have been a fan of your blog for so long!

• Reply R Kyle May 13, 2011 at 8:08 am

I love the native chair. It gives great design and masterpiece if polished properly. And also the center table in the living room is very creative. Great job!

R. Kyle
    product design company

• Reply Fleur May 13, 2011 at 3:38 pm

I love the delicate colour of the fabrics on the cushions, beautiful shades of pastel. The Norwegians definitely have it right. Their furnishings and decor looks so effortless and cosy as well!

• Reply Jac Bishop May 13, 2011 at 11:54 pm

There is something remarkable simple and elegant about this home. It is stunning. I love it.

• Reply desiree - Vosgesparis May 14, 2011 at 8:50 pm

Really great home.. I love the coat rack!

• Reply Suzanne May 15, 2011 at 9:21 am

Love it too! So inspiring! I also enjoy reading these blogs of other countries.

• Reply meagan May 15, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Ohhhh I adore the dining room table area – so beautiful! I love Scandinavian style homes, maybe I should have been born in that part of the world,
    Cheers,
    Meagan

• Reply Ada @ New York May 16, 2011 at 4:25 pm

Great photo selection. You are such an inspiration Holly … curating beautiful photos to display on ur blog and letting ur authenticity shine with ur words. Thank u!

• Reply decor8 May 16, 2011 at 4:44 pm

@Ada – And I add lots of my own now thanks to my new camera! :)