A Delightfully Danish Home

I thought I’d introduce you to my new online friend, Anita Schytte, who is the Tine K Home sales and brand manager in Denmark. She lives in the port town of Korsør which is not far from Odense so she’s close to the sea and lots of lush, green forests. Anita also write articles about interior decorating for Danish financial newspaper Borsen in their Friday magazine about glamorous villas, castles and manor houses. She also speaks Danish, English, Hungarian and German! It really is true about Europeans, most over here do speak several languages fluently. Yes, it’s intimidating as I’m still learning German!

danish

Anita is such a sweetheart, I’m sure if I met her I’d love her. I’m sure you’ve had that experience with different people that you’ve met online – you just click! I really like Anita and after she sent in some photos of her home I thought showing a glimpse of it would be such a treat for those who love a clean, simple home that is well edited and fresh. It’s a delightfully Danish home I think. But I’ll let you decide…

Pretty Danish Home

I love her white Tine K Home lamp. Pretty Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

I like the sofas, chairs, pillows and lighting in her living room, don’t you? They’re all from Danish brand Tine K Home and I find them just so lovely! I want two of those chairs for my own living room and the lamps too! I have to put in an order soon, I have a bit of a procrastination problem at the moment I think!

Pretty Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

I love the shelving in her kitchen to the right and those huge windows. What a nice spot for cooking. If you look over to the left you can see her living room so you can see that it’s very accessible to the living space.

Pretty Danish Home

Okay that dog is too sweet, right? Look at that cutie on the Fatboy with the bone motif on the side. My goodness, what a show stealer that little dog is.

Pretty Danish Home

Gorgeous Tine K Home glasses also work nicely as tea light candle holders.

Pretty Danish Home

I love that table to the right of her sofa in green. I have this mild obsession for Thai furniture at the moment painted in fun colors like turquoise but I also love certain pieces in lacquered white or striking black. I’ve actually been into it since I saw a few pieces in Tine’s house last year when I was visiting her to style her home. She had a lovely low bookcase that I couldn’t take my eyes off of in white and to this day, I’ve been unable to find anything like it.

Pretty Danish Home

Pretty Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

This bathroom is so modern and lovely, it reminds me of bathroom styles in Germany that are very common. Clean, modern, high end gorgeous bathrooms Love the skylight and that deep tub. Imagine taking a bath there by candlelight in the evening as you sip champagne and look at the stars? Oh yes.

Pretty Danish Home

Here’s another angle of the gorgeous master bathroom. I love the shower stall – it’s perfect. I dream of having a shower stall completely free of of tile – just a stone shower. That would suit me very well – I love how natural and simple it is.

I thought I’d ask Anita a few quick questions about her home to wrap up because seeing photos isn’t always enough for me, I like to know a little bit more about the person who occupies the space – their passions, favorites, inspirations… So let’s learn a little about Anita.

What do you love about living in Denmark? Both of my parents came from Hungary back in the 50′s and found their new home in Denmark. It is close to their homeland and I’m close to all other European countries which are just around the corner. I have always felt home no matter where I am, and I could quite easily move, except that my family and all my beloved friends would not move along… so the best part of living here is my relationships with so many dear people! I also live next to the sea and the forest and enjoy the northern light from all windows in my house.

What do you love about your home? The size – I love the space and all the possibilities! I get to live out my crazy decorating ideas (I’m an interiors freak!) day and night and my house is constantly evolving.

What makes a house a home? Collections of personal things – constantly changing things around and welcoming new possibilities within the borders of money of course! Also to have your kids tell you never, never even think of moving anywhere else – then you have the right place, that is what makes a house a home so I think I stay where I am.

What do you like to do the most at home? On Sundays I’m constantly walking along the kitchen table – all day long – making and serving everything from roasts to baked goods. All day I’m cooking, baking, blending, mixing and lining all of the ingredients up in beautiful bowls. After having cleaned and redecorated my house that is – I cannot relax and enjoy a Sunday meal  until housework and decorating is finished!

What inspires the way that you decorate? I have a long time passion for design, preferably Northern style such as Arne Jacobsen and Poul Kjærholm but I mix many designers and periods with eclectic accessories in my home. One day I’m interested in pink acrylic and another, loads of natural materials – or soft dark velvets. Then perhaps I’m interested in Tricia Guild and lots of color… I could go on and on because I have no particular references as I consider myself to be quite open. Right now I am dreaming of Dutch style and chalky matte paint on walls (I wish I had an old manor house to paint!).
What are your favorite Danish interiors blogs? Danes have no tradition of blogging – like the way the rest of Europe does.

What is one dream item for your home on your wish list? I would love to have an old big greish cabinet in my dining room to contain my plates, dishes and all of my favorite glassware.
What is your favorite thing in your home and why? I love the design of my Thomas Pedersen Sting Ray chair. That will never leave the house – but also the lamps of Danish designer Birgit Østergaard that look like pillows (you can see them in the kitchen). Also my XL TineKHome lamp is an absolute favorite and the table made of old Balinese teak wood (from a hut) to the because it looks like a tremendous piece of driftwood and I love to pile all my interior design books on top  of it.

(images: Anita Schytte)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on May 18, 2011

1. Amber commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:10am

absolutely beautiful. I would live there, haha:)

2. Katie {La Plus Petite} commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:18am

Lovely! The more I research and come up with ideas for our home, the more I love Danish and Scandinavian design — There’s just something about it … Thanks so much, Anita, for sharing your spaces!
    Katie {La Plus Petite}´s last blog post ..Katies Kitchen- Best New Chocolate Chip Cookies

3. sécia commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:39am

Great use of space!

sécia

4. Becky D@KingsDownRoad commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:21am

It’s all completely lovely. The wall behind her sofa (blue? black?) is stunning.
    Becky D@KingsDownRoad´s last blog post ..Outdoor Living

5. Zsa Zsa commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 4:24am

Oh.My.God. Absolutely beautiful! I’ve always had the weakness for clean, simple, stylish homes and this definitely gets two thumbs up. Wood flooring and white walls? Always a winner. And that kitchen, wow! :) Thanks for sharing this Holly, and it’s so great of Anita open her home to your readers. Love, love every single thing about this house.

6. Sigrid commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 4:54am

i am smitten with that black wall.
    Sigrid´s last blog post ..just me

7. tina slocum commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 6:06am

This is my new favorite home,Holly. Amazing!
    Tina
    tina slocum´s last blog post ..Vintage Bing and Grondahl Copanhagen Amalienborg Porcelain Plate

8. Fiona commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 7:42am

I spent several years living in Norway and just love the ‘clean’ Scandinavian lines – so simple and totally elegant. These photographs are beautiful! I’m currently struggling to furnish and decorate my current home – it’s a style completely new to me: 1830 French. The building is stunning and has a host of original features and I’m seeking vision, doing nothing for fear of getting it wrong!!

9. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 7:57am

It is indeed delightful..love all the lamps around the house..those black glossy cabinets for glassware are really striking!! love them and the coffee table on casters is just the thing i need for my lounge!! thanks for sharing, holly..have a lovely day! xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Decor for decorum

10. Dorthe commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 8:04am

Even with all the steel fixtures in the kitchen, it doesn’t really look heavy and industrial. And that center table on wheels is love. :D
    Dorthe´s last blog post ..Vi starter med et forum om Kør Selv Ferie

11. Nina Lamb commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:11am

Thank you for sharing this stunning home with us. The combination of black, white and rustic wood works perfectly and allows the personal treasures and accessories to shine.
    Nina Lamb´s last blog post ..Dressing up your Outdoors

12. aseismanos commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 11:12am

Amazing!! I love the “clean” decoration. The spaces are so bright, simple and yet clever. Love it!
    aseismanos´s last blog post ..Flower power

13. Traveling Mama commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:42pm

I am going to make every attempt not to babble on because every bit of this post inspires me and makes my heart beat a little faster! Thank you so much to Anita for opening her home up to us and sharing her inspiration! I think my favorite thing in the interview was learning that she too has an openness to design and cannot choose just one thing. Sometimes I think I must have decorating ADHD or something because I love so many different things and could easily see myself living in many different kinds of designs! Seeing someone pull it off so effortlessly is such an encouragement!
    Traveling Mama´s last blog post ..color theory- white on white

14. Mrs Bok commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:43pm

Such a lovely calm home, simplicity and sophistication. Love that master bathroom…

15. Frida at Trendenser.se commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 12:58pm

Such an inspiring home, thanks for sharing all these wonderful images! Love it.
    Frida at Trendenser.se´s last blog post ..Från apelsin till syrén

16. A Plum By Any Other Name commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 1:26pm

The mirror and black wall behind it is stunning. And these wonderful pictures remind me of the importance of texture!
    A Plum By Any Other Name´s last blog post ..Tamarind-Glazed Chicken That’s Like a Samba

17. Hella commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 2:23pm

What a beautifull home! I adore the darkgrey glass cabinets, and the leather bag is gorgeous! I could absolutely live in this house – with the dog, of course! ;-)

18. Andreia commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 2:51pm

Wow! i love it so much! Specially that floor, the wooden benchs, that kitchen and the bathroom without tiles and love the whites in this house!

19. Lizet commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 7:06pm

Simple white linens and dark wood look so beautiful!!!
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Lemon Drop Yellow Bottle

20. anita schytte commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 7:13pm

Oh my gosh!! I had never ever dreamt about so many superlatives and constructive comments – My checks are blushing .. but – this I have to thank Holly for.. She made the branding for my ideas and my home and I am so grateful. Cannot wait to meet you Holly – we are pals!
    Hugs from the sunny side of Denmark

21. MichelleP commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 8:45pm

I need (ok want) that shower!!!
    MichelleP´s last blog post ..A Dose of PDX

22. 3d commented
    May 19th, 2011 at 10:17pm

well decorated and not over cluttered. very nice home.

23. barbi d. commented
    May 20th, 2011 at 1:03am

I love EVERYTHING! What a gorgeous, gorgeous home!

24. sue commented
    May 20th, 2011 at 8:51am

Hi Holly… do you know if it is possible to get the lounge chairs you pointed out above outside of Denmark (i’m based in the UK)?… i’ve been searching for something like this for a long time…

25. anita schytte commented
    May 20th, 2011 at 2:44pm

Hi Sue. The lounge chairs are designed by Paula Navone – pls check the website of Italian company GERVASONI. They are called Ghost. And come in all sorts of fabric.. so you can buy more than one sexy dress for her :-) – But one thing.. they look fantastic .. but the comport..hmmm what can I say – best for a two friend talks – one in each corner of a chair – they are 130cm deep…

And for the rest of you who have asked about the color of the wall – it is midnight blue (almost black) – and paint mixed – over and over again until right – Good luck from Anita

26. Nini Kiralyfalvy commented
    May 20th, 2011 at 10:32pm

I am very proud of “our” house mom! You’re the queen of decorate!!!! Love from your daughter!

27. Cynthia@Beach Coast Style commented
    May 21st, 2011 at 12:34am

everything about this is inspiring i just love the shells on the books and the bag on the rattan ottoman.
    Cynthia@Beach Coast Style´s last blog post ..It’s Far Away Friday

28. victoria commented
    November 7th, 2011 at 7:08pm

i love that sofa in the top pic – i think i saw it mercí in paris, and just love the lines of it. been looking for one stateside ever since. so shabby, but modern at the same time. wonderful home, holly – thanks for sharing!
    victoria´s last blog post ..inspired by: the selby.

29. Josefina commented
    November 15th, 2011 at 12:05am

I love this house! Clean colours, bits of texture and pattern, carefully chosen decor ingredients. I’ll borrow the sequined lamp shade idea. Thanks so much!

30. Gareth Griffiths - Web developer in Odense commented
    July 23rd, 2012 at 12:49pm

Haha, I didn’t know fatboy made dog beds!

The house is very clean and simple. Definitely required for when you want to relax. Very inspiring.