Home Tours

A Delightfully Danish Home

May 18, 2011

I thought I’d introduce you to my new online friend, Anita Schytte, who is the Tine K Home sales and brand manager in Denmark. She lives in the port town of Korsør which is not far from Odense so she’s close to the sea and lots of lush, green forests. Anita also write articles about interior decorating for Danish financial newspaper Borsen in their Friday magazine about glamorous villas, castles and manor houses. She also speaks Danish, English, Hungarian and German! It really is true about Europeans, most over here do speak several languages fluently. Yes, it’s intimidating as I’m still learning German!

A Delightfully Danish Home

Anita is such a sweetheart, I’m sure if I met her I’d love her. I’m sure you’ve had that experience with different people that you’ve met online – you just click! I really like Anita and after she sent in some photos of her home I thought showing a glimpse of it would be such a treat for those who love a clean, simple home that is well edited and fresh. It’s a delightfully Danish home I think. But I’ll let you decide…

A Delightfully Danish Home

I love her white Tine K Home lamp.A Delightfully Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

I like the sofas, chairs, pillows and lighting in her living room, don’t you? They’re all from Danish brand Tine K Home and I find them just so lovely! I want two of those chairs for my own living room and the lamps too! I have to put in an order soon, I have a bit of a procrastination problem at the moment I think!

A Delightfully Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

I love the shelving in her kitchen to the right and those huge windows. What a nice spot for cooking. If you look over to the left you can see her living room so you can see that it’s very accessible to the living space.

A Delightfully Danish Home

Okay that dog is too sweet, right? Look at that cutie on the Fatboy with the bone motif on the side. My goodness, what a show stealer that little dog is.

A Delightfully Danish Home

Gorgeous Tine K Home glasses also work nicely as tea light candle holders.

A Delightfully Danish Home

I love that table to the right of her sofa in green. I have this mild obsession for Thai furniture at the moment painted in fun colors like turquoise but I also love certain pieces in lacquered white or striking black. I’ve actually been into it since I saw a few pieces in Tine’s house last year when I was visiting her to style her home. She had a lovely low bookcase that I couldn’t take my eyes off of in white and to this day, I’ve been unable to find anything like it.

A Delightfully Danish Home

A Delightfully Danish Home

(click on above image to enlarge)

This bathroom is so modern and lovely, it reminds me of bathroom styles in Germany that are very common. Clean, modern, high end gorgeous bathrooms Love the skylight and that deep tub. Imagine taking a bath there by candlelight in the evening as you sip champagne and look at the stars? Oh yes.

A Delightfully Danish Home

Here’s another angle of the gorgeous master bathroom. I love the shower stall – it’s perfect. I dream of having a shower stall completely free of of tile – just a stone shower. That would suit me very well – I love how natural and simple it is.

I thought I’d ask Anita a few quick questions about her home to wrap up because seeing photos isn’t always enough for me, I like to know a little bit more about the person who occupies the space – their passions, favorites, inspirations… So let’s learn a little about Anita.

What do you love about living in Denmark? Both of my parents came from Hungary back in the 50’s and found their new home in Denmark. It is close to their homeland and I’m close to all other European countries which are just around the corner. I have always felt home no matter where I am, and I could quite easily move, except that my family and all my beloved friends would not move along… so the best part of living here is my relationships with so many dear people! I also live next to the sea and the forest and enjoy the northern light from all windows in my house.

What do you love about your home? The size – I love the space and all the possibilities! I get to live out my crazy decorating ideas (I’m an interiors freak!) day and night and my house is constantly evolving.

What makes a house a home? Collections of personal things – constantly changing things around and welcoming new possibilities within the borders of money of course! Also to have your kids tell you never, never even think of moving anywhere else – then you have the right place, that is what makes a house a home so I think I stay where I am.

What do you like to do the most at home? On Sundays I’m constantly walking along the kitchen table – all day long – making and serving everything from roasts to baked goods. All day I’m cooking, baking, blending, mixing and lining all of the ingredients up in beautiful bowls. After having cleaned and redecorated my house that is – I cannot relax and enjoy a Sunday meal  until housework and decorating is finished!

What inspires the way that you decorate? I have a long time passion for design, preferably Northern style such as Arne Jacobsen and Poul Kjærholm but I mix many designers and periods with eclectic accessories in my home. One day I’m interested in pink acrylic and another, loads of natural materials – or soft dark velvets. Then perhaps I’m interested in Tricia Guild and lots of color… I could go on and on because I have no particular references as I consider myself to be quite open. Right now I am dreaming of Dutch style and chalky matte paint on walls (I wish I had an old manor house to paint!).
What are your favorite Danish interiors blogs? Danes have no tradition of blogging – like the way the rest of Europe does.

What is one dream item for your home on your wish list? I would love to have an old big greish cabinet in my dining room to contain my plates, dishes and all of my favorite glassware.
What is your favorite thing in your home and why? I love the design of my Thomas Pedersen Sting Ray chair. That will never leave the house – but also the lamps of Danish designer Birgit Østergaard that look like pillows (you can see them in the kitchen). Also my XL TineKHome lamp is an absolute favorite and the table made of old Balinese teak wood (from a hut) to the because it looks like a tremendous piece of driftwood and I love to pile all my interior design books on top  of it.

(images: Anita Schytte)

You Might Also Like

30 Comments

• Reply Amber May 19, 2011 at 12:10 am

absolutely beautiful. I would live there, haha:)

• Reply Katie {La Plus Petite} May 19, 2011 at 12:18 am

Lovely! The more I research and come up with ideas for our home, the more I love Danish and Scandinavian design — There’s just something about it … Thanks so much, Anita, for sharing your spaces!

• Reply sécia May 19, 2011 at 12:39 am

Great use of space!

sécia

• Reply Becky D@KingsDownRoad May 19, 2011 at 1:21 am

It’s all completely lovely. The wall behind her sofa (blue? black?) is stunning.

• Reply Zsa Zsa May 19, 2011 at 4:24 am

Oh.My.God. Absolutely beautiful! I’ve always had the weakness for clean, simple, stylish homes and this definitely gets two thumbs up. Wood flooring and white walls? Always a winner. And that kitchen, wow! :) Thanks for sharing this Holly, and it’s so great of Anita open her home to your readers. Love, love every single thing about this house.

• Reply Sigrid May 19, 2011 at 4:54 am

i am smitten with that black wall.

• Reply tina slocum May 19, 2011 at 6:06 am

This is my new favorite home,Holly. Amazing!
    Tina

• Reply Fiona May 19, 2011 at 7:42 am

I spent several years living in Norway and just love the ‘clean’ Scandinavian lines – so simple and totally elegant. These photographs are beautiful! I’m currently struggling to furnish and decorate my current home – it’s a style completely new to me: 1830 French. The building is stunning and has a host of original features and I’m seeking vision, doing nothing for fear of getting it wrong!!

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold May 19, 2011 at 7:57 am

It is indeed delightful..love all the lamps around the house..those black glossy cabinets for glassware are really striking!! love them and the coffee table on casters is just the thing i need for my lounge!! thanks for sharing, holly..have a lovely day! xx meenal

• Reply Dorthe May 19, 2011 at 8:04 am

Even with all the steel fixtures in the kitchen, it doesn’t really look heavy and industrial. And that center table on wheels is love. :D

• Reply Nina Lamb May 19, 2011 at 11:11 am

Thank you for sharing this stunning home with us. The combination of black, white and rustic wood works perfectly and allows the personal treasures and accessories to shine.

• Reply aseismanos May 19, 2011 at 11:12 am

Amazing!! I love the “clean” decoration. The spaces are so bright, simple and yet clever. Love it!

• Reply Traveling Mama May 19, 2011 at 12:42 pm

I am going to make every attempt not to babble on because every bit of this post inspires me and makes my heart beat a little faster! Thank you so much to Anita for opening her home up to us and sharing her inspiration! I think my favorite thing in the interview was learning that she too has an openness to design and cannot choose just one thing. Sometimes I think I must have decorating ADHD or something because I love so many different things and could easily see myself living in many different kinds of designs! Seeing someone pull it off so effortlessly is such an encouragement!

• Reply Mrs Bok May 19, 2011 at 12:43 pm

Such a lovely calm home, simplicity and sophistication. Love that master bathroom…

• Reply Frida at Trendenser.se May 19, 2011 at 12:58 pm

Such an inspiring home, thanks for sharing all these wonderful images! Love it.

• Reply A Plum By Any Other Name May 19, 2011 at 1:26 pm

The mirror and black wall behind it is stunning. And these wonderful pictures remind me of the importance of texture!

• Reply Hella May 19, 2011 at 2:23 pm

What a beautifull home! I adore the darkgrey glass cabinets, and the leather bag is gorgeous! I could absolutely live in this house – with the dog, of course! ;-)

• Reply Andreia May 19, 2011 at 2:51 pm

Wow! i love it so much! Specially that floor, the wooden benchs, that kitchen and the bathroom without tiles and love the whites in this house!

• Reply Lizet May 19, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Simple white linens and dark wood look so beautiful!!!

• Reply anita schytte May 19, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Oh my gosh!! I had never ever dreamt about so many superlatives and constructive comments – My checks are blushing .. but – this I have to thank Holly for.. She made the branding for my ideas and my home and I am so grateful. Cannot wait to meet you Holly – we are pals!
    Hugs from the sunny side of Denmark

• Reply MichelleP May 19, 2011 at 8:45 pm

I need (ok want) that shower!!!

• Reply 3d May 19, 2011 at 10:17 pm

well decorated and not over cluttered. very nice home.

• Reply barbi d. May 20, 2011 at 1:03 am

I love EVERYTHING! What a gorgeous, gorgeous home!

• Reply sue May 20, 2011 at 8:51 am

Hi Holly… do you know if it is possible to get the lounge chairs you pointed out above outside of Denmark (i’m based in the UK)?… i’ve been searching for something like this for a long time…

• Reply anita schytte May 20, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Hi Sue. The lounge chairs are designed by Paula Navone – pls check the website of Italian company GERVASONI. They are called Ghost. And come in all sorts of fabric.. so you can buy more than one sexy dress for her :-) – But one thing.. they look fantastic .. but the comport..hmmm what can I say – best for a two friend talks – one in each corner of a chair – they are 130cm deep…

And for the rest of you who have asked about the color of the wall – it is midnight blue (almost black) – and paint mixed – over and over again until right – Good luck from Anita

• Reply Nini Kiralyfalvy May 20, 2011 at 10:32 pm

I am very proud of “our” house mom! You’re the queen of decorate!!!! Love from your daughter!

• Reply Cynthia@Beach Coast Style May 21, 2011 at 12:34 am

everything about this is inspiring i just love the shells on the books and the bag on the rattan ottoman.

• Reply victoria November 7, 2011 at 7:08 pm

i love that sofa in the top pic – i think i saw it mercí in paris, and just love the lines of it. been looking for one stateside ever since. so shabby, but modern at the same time. wonderful home, holly – thanks for sharing!

• Reply Josefina November 15, 2011 at 12:05 am

I love this house! Clean colours, bits of texture and pattern, carefully chosen decor ingredients. I’ll borrow the sequined lamp shade idea. Thanks so much!

• Reply Gareth Griffiths - Web developer in Odense July 23, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Haha, I didn’t know fatboy made dog beds!

The house is very clean and simple. Definitely required for when you want to relax. Very inspiring.