Home Tours

May 26, 2011

I was thinking about what to blog today and all of a sudden I thought that perhaps you’d be interested in seeing a few of my favorite things that are in my work room and living room, which are two rooms near to one another, in my home. I love seeing the details in the spaces of others and know that you do to so perhaps you want to see a little glimpse into my life. These were not styled or shot very well as the lighting in here is rubbish with a storm brewing outside, but they are a genuine reflection of how I live and so I hope that you like them.

Corners of My Home

Okay so first, remember this post about looking for storage? Well, after posting that I decided to just buy the dream cabinet that I really wanted instead of settling on something that I didn’t want only because it was a few hundred dollars cheaper. In the end, I’ll end up selling or replacing the one I don’t love so it will cost me more long term so I decided to buy a piece that I will have for the rest of my life. I contacted Lys Vintage and to my surprise, they still had the vintage cabinet from France in the lovely grey-brown that I like so much and even better news – they had a driver who could deliver it the next day. Talk about good timing.

Corners of My Home

When I got it home, I put lots of our favorite things in it that my husband and I collected over time. I asked him if I could use some of his antiques to display and he was very willing to share his prized collections, including many antique books – some handwritten dating back to the early 1600’s in which he is very fond. I love all of his collections, combined with mine, and that I have some temporary space for some of my favorite design books. I’ll move my design books into a larger cabinet with all the others still boxed up, but for now at least I have access to the best of the best.

Corners of My Home

The first door that you see tilted out slightly is a door and a window leading to the balcony. The other double door leads to a second room as large as this one but I’ve shut the doors because I don’t want you to see the boxes that lurk there. I’m still furnishing my home, it’s taking me forever, but at least I have some corners of my home together while I decide on what to fill all of this space with.

Corners of My Home

I wish I could say I cleaned up for your visit today, but I didn’t. I have magazine files on the floor from a project I was working on and on the table, stacks and stacks again of paperwork and things. This room doubles as my dining room currently but we usually eat in here when we have guests, otherwise we eat in our other dining room. Yes, we have three places to eat in our home – a kitchen table in the kitchen, a dining area outside of the kitchen in our very wide hallway and then this room which is a formal dining room. I have to make roman blinds for this room shown above, and get a pendant for over the table, and get some new chairs… but you know, it is what it is and I’m not making excuses for it. I like my home. My windows are not as dirty as they look by the way, though our window cleaning guy is coming over on Monday (thankfully) so they’ll be crystal clear soon enough. :)

Corners of My Home
Stacks of magazines and stacks of Japanese craft and interiors books… on an antique Swedish bench that I want to paint, I think I may paint the top a minty green and the legs a matte gray, and then do something else but that is a surprise. When I finish I will show you. My makeshift lighting is a vintage green glass jar from the flea market filled with odd bits because I’m quirky like that… and inside are some Christmas lights because I really like how they look at night.

Corners of My Home

I showed you my first wintergarten in this post, here is my second one above. I did very little to it, I have plans… I’ll show you once I set those plans into motion. But for now, at least there is something in there so it doesn’t look lonely. I always try to put something in a room until I am able to do what I really want to do in there because at least I can enjoy it for now.

Corners of My Home

I have lots of little stacks in my house – books and ceramics mostly – things that I’m obsessed with!

Corners of My Home

Above is a piece of furniture from IKEA that I have in my work room – it’s going to have a facelift though as I’m bored with how it looks and I want to paint it and do something fun, including new “knobs” because the ropes are cute but I’m not in love with them as they are.

SO those are some imperfect corners of my home that I thought I’d share today. I love my home, I’m happy here and cannot wait to get it finished but as it is for now is okay with me until I can furnish it and do the curtains, etc. I can’t wait to show you more as I continue to work on things!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

You Might Also Like

102 Comments

• Reply la boom! May 26, 2011 at 7:59 pm

Really neat and clean spaces!
    I love the simplicity and the way light embraces every single item :)

• Reply Tina Ramchandani May 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm

You’re home is coming along wonderfully. Please keep posting pictures. I’d love to see how it turns out!

• Reply donaville May 26, 2011 at 8:01 pm

you have one of the prettiest houses ever. i love your style!

• Reply Iris May 26, 2011 at 8:11 pm

The cabinet is just perfect. And I like how you have combined all your precious items; there is so much to see in there, it looks like a tiny museum.

x Iris

• Reply Wendy from Wendys Hat May 26, 2011 at 8:13 pm

I love your books in pretty colors!

• Reply ishtar May 26, 2011 at 8:18 pm

Holly your home is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! isnpiration everywhere!!

• Reply Lisa Congdon May 26, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Gorgeous Holly! We are coming to visit Berlin next year. Can’t wait to see this place in person!

• Reply decor8 May 26, 2011 at 8:36 pm

@Lisa – Come see us, I’d love it. Maybe we can do a crafting class in my flat – I can round up some nice girls and we can do it here. :)

• Reply Lily from Birch + Bird May 26, 2011 at 8:20 pm

Loved seeing all of your little corners…everything looks so fresh and full of your personality. That cabinet is amazing, well worth the splurge! Thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Amy May 26, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I love that you have apologised entirely needlessly for these shot not being styled very well. Oh to not be able to style my home well such as this!! Lovely pictures – thanks for the insight.

• Reply Karen May 26, 2011 at 8:27 pm

I love that your place is beautiful AND functional. Too often, function is left to the wayside in favor of pretty. I really like the IKEA cabinet – about how deep is it? I am looking for something similar for my entryway.

• Reply Sally May 26, 2011 at 8:30 pm

This is lovely. I especially like the fabric board pictures and the bench with books on.

• Reply Brooke H May 26, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Beautiful! I especially love that in the cabinet you kept all the colorful books to one shelf. Such beautiful styling. . .That wooden lamp is pretty cool too. Where’s that from?

• Reply Lisa Ridgely May 26, 2011 at 8:40 pm

Thank you for sharing these – there are so many beautiful details! The cabinet is especially wonderful, and I love all the windows and light that you have.

• Reply desiree - Vosgesparis May 26, 2011 at 8:51 pm

Great to see this little corners.. I think a little corner says more about a person then an overall shot of a room ;) I am all into details ! Thanks for the little peek in your home .

• Reply Alexandra May 26, 2011 at 8:57 pm

Thank you for sharing photos of your home! It’s beautiful and it is so exciting to finally see more of it! I especially love the cute wooden table with the dala horse!

• Reply Lizet May 26, 2011 at 9:13 pm

Love all the ceramics and the beautiful chevron flooring!

• Reply mosey May 26, 2011 at 9:24 pm

It looks so beautiful and quite frankly I’m jealous as I am inspired! I can’t wait until I can make a place my very own you you’re doing!

• Reply cafenoHut May 26, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Your cabinet is really a unique thing. I also love every one corner of your home.

• Reply keishua May 26, 2011 at 9:55 pm

I love your space. Its so bright and colorful. I am really digging the color coordinated books.

• Reply kalanicut May 26, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Oh it’s so lovely. I was so pleased to hear you decided to buy what you loved instead of something you’d end up selling and be less happy with. I am trying to only buy things that I really love and actually need. It’s a challenge to discipline oneself, but I want to really enjoy what I own instead of having things that don’t mean much to me and don’t even meet my needs. Thank you for inspiring me in that direction.

Thank you for sharing your home, and the reality that it’s not always perfect every second, that it didn’t look like a design showroom the morning after you moved it. It’s so real to hear you say these things and I am sure in the end you will have a home that really means something to you as you thoughtfully put it all together over time. There’s no rush, right? As I heard Oprah say yesterday, “go with the flow”. Flow unfolds over time, beautifully just as your home is. Looking forward to seeing it continually unfold.

• Reply Ninotchka May 26, 2011 at 10:18 pm

Wonderful!

• Reply Kat May 26, 2011 at 10:27 pm

Oooh loved seeing these corners of your home – all so so pretty and Very Holly. Your personality can be felt in all your little arrangements & that’s beautiful. Too many homes are over styled & lose the energy of the person. I love the cabinet & your books in a rainbow of colours – perfect!
    And the canvas on the ikea unit, is that painted or fabric stretched onto a board? either way it’s a beautiful backdrop.
    Love Kat xox

• Reply Abi May 26, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Ah! I miss my German windows!! And your house looks lovely! thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Juliette May 26, 2011 at 11:02 pm

I really like those short shelves with your small white ceramics and books stacked sideways and just so fitting. I really am thinking the world now needs more short shelves. That can be such an easy thing to do to smarten up a boring set of shelves!

• Reply handz May 26, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Very nice corners, the little drawers unit is very cute!

• Reply Marianne May 26, 2011 at 11:07 pm

It always is nice to see photo’s of your home! Thank you for sharing! It’s lovely.

• Reply Marianne May 26, 2011 at 11:08 pm

It always is nice to see photo’s of your lovely home! Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Deb Van May 26, 2011 at 11:15 pm

Love to see your collections of your “obsessions”. Mine is depression glass (Princess pattern, green) which I have displayed in a 1930’s linen closet. Absolutely, beautifies the dining room.

• Reply Éva Csomós May 26, 2011 at 11:54 pm

Hallo Holly,

your home is beutiful! my pinboard with you! how beutiful! Liebe Grüße, Éva

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 12:01 am

@Eva – I want to come over tomorrow to buy the gray table in your window – what time are you in the shop? :)

• Reply citta design May 26, 2011 at 11:57 pm

ohhhh…. the perfect firday morning treat – a noisy around someones home! thanks for sharing :) p.s – that cabinet is beautiful!

• Reply Jen @ Lita's World May 27, 2011 at 12:02 am

WOW every are looks so precious and delightful…I bet it would be fun to just browse through it all…I love how girlie it all is…it all pulls together and is so clean and “pretty” – LOVE IT!

• Reply sécia May 27, 2011 at 12:02 am

Love your windows and those chevron floors!

sécia

• Reply Jo :) May 27, 2011 at 12:24 am

Love your rainbow of books! Thanks for sharing — your home looks so “home-y”, comfy & pretty. :)

• Reply Alex May 27, 2011 at 1:41 am

Thanks for sharing pics of your glass-front display cabinet! It’s fantastic.
    -Alex

• Reply Mitzi Curi May 27, 2011 at 1:48 am

I love the views of your new home, Holly! The little pile of chandelier crystals, Thorsten’s antique books and the lampshade skeleton caught my eye. You have a magic touch!

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:46 am

@Mitzi – Thank you, so nice that you noticed those chandelier crystals – they are very old and special to me. I use them to decorate the dinner table from time to time or I hang them on pretty velvet ribbons in the winter on the wintergarten so the sunlight catches them. They are very versatile for decorating, you can use them in so many different ways.

• Reply JEN RAMOS May 27, 2011 at 1:51 am

I always enjoy looking at pictures of your place…looks like its all coming along quite nicely! :))) The floors are so amazing!!

• Reply Erika May 27, 2011 at 2:55 am

Thanks for sharing your world! Erika LuluBoopVintage

• Reply Emma May 27, 2011 at 3:09 am

Ahhhh Holly – you’re killing me with your talk of ‘oh my messy home’, you wanna see mine?! haha You make stacks of magazines and paperwork look gorgeous, man if I took some pics of my workspace at the moment…oh my…Your style is so spot on, I am loving your apartment, very Holly which is refreshing, not trying to be anything else! Would love to see corners of your home more often, have inspired me to do the same :)

P.S. LOVE Thorsten’s books! I just re-arranged my built-in bookshelf in our living room to colour co-ordinate the spines too :)

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:44 am

@Emma – Thank you, I am a very “neat” messy, it’s how I’ve always been. I know where everything is (ask Thorsten) at all times – just like my grandmother! :)

• Reply Emma May 27, 2011 at 3:10 am

Oh and forgot to mention I grew up with parquet floors just like that in herringbone pattern, they make me very nostalgic for my childhood home, the underfloor heating we head melted the glue in parts and my sisters and I would pull them all up and put it back together. Hours of fun!

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:42 am

@Emma – These wooden floors are original to the house so they are over 100 years old. We don’t have underfloor heating though I often wish we did!

• Reply Penelope@thirdroomstudio May 27, 2011 at 3:17 am

Perfectly imperfect! I love getting to look inside your home (these are my favourite posts!). As usual, it’s so beautiful, and your attention to detail makes me want to revamp everything in my home. I’ve got some spare time… Thanks for sharing, and the cabinet is Gorgeous!

• Reply fenny setiawan May 27, 2011 at 3:54 am

Holly, I love the corner at your home. You put attention into detail. I just wondering how about the cleaning? because I love to decorate my house and put many items in my table too, in the end I am getting mad when it comes to clean the dust :(. Or may be in Germany is not too dusty like here :)

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:41 am

@Fenny – I don’t have a lot around so it’s not a problem (dust). I clean once a week and that is enough, and I vacuum every 4 days — but we don’t have children or pets, and we never wears shoes in the house, so it’s really easy to maintain for a family of two. Even though I live in the city, my home borders a forest so the air quality is great – it’s not polluted here or dusty with all of the green around. But there is pollen right now, so I’m wiping my windowsills more than usual. :)

• Reply MeAndBoo May 27, 2011 at 3:55 am

I love how you have colour co-ordinated your books. It is funny that this post appears now as I was thinking, only yesterday, “I wonder if it’s possible to colour arrange all our books?” I had been looking at one of our bookshelves and thinking it looks all messy ‘n stuff!!
    I think your photos and styling are lovely, and your house is superb.

• Reply Lill May 27, 2011 at 4:36 am

I love the almost “randomness” of your cabinet! :)

• Reply CIndy May 27, 2011 at 5:06 am

Gorgeous! The light in your place is incredible. I have a question – I have a huge book collection and love the idea of color organizing. But I keep mine organized by subject. So how do you find your books? Do you just remember the binding color and go from there?

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

@Cindy – I am very visual so I remember each book easily organizing them by color – of course, these are decorating books ONLY — so I tend to remember the covers more than the titles. If these were novels, I don’t think I could do it because with novels the covers don’t stand out as much as the titles. I hope I’m making sense! But for my brain, the color system works nicely for decorating books. If I had craft books, travel, etc. in with these I think I’d have a hard time finding them…

• Reply Lucia May 27, 2011 at 5:15 am

thanks for sharing your home, it looks that is getting beautiful. The cabinet is perfect!
    I have to say congrats for Decorate, is just amazing, not only the houses, the images but also the concepts and ideas and all the incredible information inside. I love it!!! I only read the first chapters and my house is been under serious decoration turn around since then. I can´t stop it!

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:34 am

@Lucia – Thank you, I’m happy that you like Decorate and are having fun with the ideas in the book. :) :)

• Reply leah May 27, 2011 at 6:07 am

I love that your home is beautiful and functional. The simplicity and beauty of your vignettes inspires me. Thank you…

• Reply Cecilie May 27, 2011 at 8:49 am

It all looks so beautiful and I really like that you live there – it doesn’t look like a show home but a place with people who love their home.

And on a side note: I am always happy to see some one actually managing to “ignore” the Rauchfaser on the walls. I am still dying to tear it down but I may just decorate my home around it as you’ve done.

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:32 am

@Cecilie – Oh I don’t ignore it LOL – everyday it haunts me – I wish I could learn to love it but I just can’t. I see it and I cringe. Every single rental has it and I just don’t understand the obsession with this rauchfaser here – I mean, it’s horrible, impossible to clean, gets dirty so easily, I’ve lived here since October and already need to paint my entire bedroom because the walls are getting grayish – it’s such a shame that the hardware stores and manufacturer’s here are so stuck on this horrible stuff. I could rant on and on about it because it’s so old-fashioned and ugly. I plan to wallpaper some areas of this place soon so that I can enjoy flat, smooth walls again. xo

• Reply Éva Csomós May 27, 2011 at 9:38 am

hallo holly,

the shop is closed. we are on exhibition in nörten hardenberg. (i´m starting a new shop of edenstraße. oppening 31 july) we are in the atelier. (atelier florentz) friday 16-20 clock and monday-thursday 17-21 clock.

Tel 0170 / 99 75 815 (florentz)

sorry for my english!

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:27 am

@Eva – Oh have fun! Are you moving your shop off of Podbi? I’ll miss you! When will you be back at Podbi, can you save the gray table in your window for me (the round one)? Have fun in Hardenberg!!!!

• Reply Ewelina May 27, 2011 at 10:06 am

Dear Holly, I really couldn’t help it…this afternoon I’ll be publishing a post about your work and this particular article about your home. As you’ll be able to read later on today, it’s not often we get a chance to see homes of the most successful personalities in the business. So thank you for sharing your ‘corners’ with us :o)
    Best regards,
    Ewelina

• Reply Laura May 27, 2011 at 10:14 am

Holly your home is so beautiful! Loved having a little peek! You have given me some
    good ideas too….. With lots of love Laura x x x x x

• Reply Rose May 27, 2011 at 10:50 am

Holly – one of my favourite spaces to decorate and style is a bookshelf or display storage – I have such fun doing it and by the looks of it, so do you. That grey unit is totally to die for – enjoy.

• Reply Jane May 27, 2011 at 11:03 am

I’m with Iris, Holly. That cabinet is heavenly – I loved it when you first showed it and am delighted you chose it in the end. I’d love it in a duck egg blue for our new house – the move is on next week! J x

• Reply Jeannette May 27, 2011 at 11:36 am

Hi Holly,

I really like your IKEA cabinet but I think your right about the knobs. How about changing them for these http://www.nuinterieurontwerp.bigcartel.com/product/handle-white
    I think they’re so gorgeous.

Jeannette
    p.s. Love your book :-)

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 11:38 am

@Jeannette – Can I kiss you? That is exactly what I had imagined, I was going to try to make them — it’s quite unbelievable that you shared that link – I didn’t realize something in my imagination actually WAS out there already. Genius! Thank you so much….

• Reply Janneke May 27, 2011 at 12:17 pm

What a cosy place! You styled it lovely! I like how it’s very bright and the sweet colors of the things and books scattered around. Must feel very good to come home in such a home. Since I read design and decorate blogs, I have also started to style little corners that I would otherwise have neglected. It’s so fun to do and people often comment on it. They wonder how I’ve become so stylish at home.. my secret: Decor8 :)

• Reply sandra May 27, 2011 at 12:47 pm

beautiful and so much fun to see holly! i thought of you today when i went to the supermarket to look if i could find any good german interior magazined and i didn’t even find any bad! i didn’t find any at all, hilarious! we should start one ;)

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 1:41 pm

@Sandra – I know, right? We have to meet sometime and talk about some fun ideas. I want to have craft classes, what do you think? We could team up.

• Reply A Plum By Any Other Name May 27, 2011 at 1:29 pm

Corners are the best parts … I love the flower perched on your oval mirror. The place looks lovely. You’ve out done yourself. ;)

• Reply Melissa Mercille May 27, 2011 at 1:49 pm

You have a beautiful home. Thank you for sharing. You are so brave to have all white walls. I would love to do that in my home, but am not confident I would pick the right white.

I can’t wait to see the rest of your house and the completed project you mentioned in this post.

• Reply Nat@ dear little house May 27, 2011 at 1:53 pm

That Ikea cupboard is great! I haven’t seen one at our Ikea. Make sure you post some pics once you make it over! Have you considered giving it the wallpaper treatment?

• Reply belinda May 27, 2011 at 2:27 pm

perfection! of course! x

• Reply Marcy May 27, 2011 at 2:39 pm

Holly, I love this look into your home with the colorful stacks of decorating books and items that you love. I featured your site at stylesson.com today.

• Reply Lace and Tulle May 27, 2011 at 2:43 pm

I love all of the bookcases.

• Reply opera glass May 27, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Your place is super lovely, thanks so much for sharing it with us! I would love to see more posts like this as I think both your style and your apartment are amazing. xx

• Reply Cecilie May 27, 2011 at 3:30 pm

Holly, if and when you decide to take down the Rauchfaser I would love to hear about the process. I am very close to tearing ours down and put up wallpaper etc.

• Reply decor8 May 27, 2011 at 4:00 pm

@Carrie – My husband tells me it’s easy to remove but I think I’ll hire out because my ceilings are over 3 meters high!

• Reply Midwest Magnolia - Melissa Lewis May 27, 2011 at 3:47 pm

Seriously, so calming and relaxing, but still full of color and even better – your personal style. It looks like you! Of course, I know your home would be nothing less. Thank you for sharing with us all. I love your book library!

• Reply Gosia Maj May 27, 2011 at 4:15 pm

Your home is tremendously inspiring; I loved to park my prying eyes on so many interesting details. The bookshelf is the piece I’m especially partial to. I think you’ve made the best choice possible. I would love it to sit in my dining/living area housing the multitude of my food styling props. For the time being, however, I’ll just feast my eyes on your gorgeous setup.

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 27, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Gah…I know I sound like a broken record but, I just love your home so much dear Holly. It exudes warmth, beauty, attention to detail & style. It is welcoming and gorgeous to look at….in short, it makes me very, very happy & something to aspire to. I could move right in & wish I lived close by so, I could come over and appreciate all the detail in person. :) Thank you for sharing hunnie….have a beautiful weekend.
    xo
    Melis

• Reply samantha May 27, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Thank you for sharing pictures of your home, I simply love looking at other peoples homes and how they live!
    Like me you have a fair few books and magazines around the place, what is your favourite homes and interiors book at the moment besides your very own that is?

• Reply Lauren May 27, 2011 at 7:46 pm

I love your home! So pretty!

I am dying over those greige doors…they’re amazing! And I also love that gorgeous tall glass door cabinet piece with the tassel hanging from the knob.

• Reply Genelle May 27, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Love your style! Feels so bright and airy!

• Reply Éva Csomós May 27, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Yes we can save the gray table for you. Nice weekend, Éva

• Reply Jenni May 27, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I LOVE that chest of drawers from IKEA. Do you know if they sell it? I wasn’t able to find it on their website. But I’ve been looking for something exactly like that! Thanks :)

• Reply Erica Cooper May 28, 2011 at 1:27 am

Thanks for sharing your space with us. It is warm, personal and stylish. (Just like you appear to be!) It is fun to see corners of our worlds. I think we should definitely glimpse at our own homes in smaller bits to just remember and appreciate all of our special belongings- not just our spaces as a whole.
    Enjoy making your new home your own… be best homes are collected and decorated over time. ;)
    Thanks for sharing your “corners”!

• Reply Mikkili.com May 28, 2011 at 2:10 pm

wauw, what a beautiful home. Just perfect. I especially love the bookcases. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Kira May 28, 2011 at 5:05 pm

I love all the corners of your home, but I specially like what you do with books. I couldn´t do that, I have a two year old…
    Lovely blog!

• Reply pixie May 29, 2011 at 4:24 pm

Love that shelf! The glass doors are beautiful and all the pretty things inside. Wow. I want to get home from work and “merchandise” my place…lol

• Reply JT May 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I love the way you have pretty books in every space in your house. It’s great to see someone else stack them up. Decorating books come in such pretty colors (including yours) that they make a terrific display.

I too couldn’t stand it and had to include your vintage French cabinet in my blog. Just looking at it makes me happy.

• Reply Olivia May 30, 2011 at 11:48 pm

It’s so pretty!
    All that clutter would drive me mad though, hehe.

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo May 31, 2011 at 12:32 pm

ahh I want your apartment haha…it has got such a nice airy feel, woman you like collecting, I do the same, really like how you have put all your lovely things inside the cover and the old table by the window, I am looking for a similar one to go on my hallway and the knoll chair I am after a original one in black, they are so expensive…nice mix of old, vintage and more modern pieces.

• Reply Paula June 1, 2011 at 1:16 am

Lovely! Can I asked where you got gorgeous lovely butterfly paperweight? I’ve been looking for one just like it :)

• Reply decor8 June 1, 2011 at 11:56 am

@Paula – I bought it at Liberty in London. :)

• Reply Katie Truelove June 4, 2011 at 1:16 am

I really enjoyed seeing these little corners of your home! I love that we can just take it one corner at a time and have little creative projects going throughout:) I’m also jealous of your three eating spaces;)! I’m in a little NYC apt and we’ve only got to couch for now!

• Reply Paulette June 5, 2011 at 11:13 pm

So cool–wish I could come visit. And now I’m completely inspired to head back to my bedroom and continue with my massive clearing up/decorating project. p.s. I hope to borrow your lights in a jar idea–it’s absolutely luv-er-ly!

• Reply whorange June 8, 2011 at 9:07 am

gasp! so beautiful, holly!

• Reply Joanna June 21, 2011 at 1:19 pm

Hi Holly
    I’ve just bought your book and I just love your site so much, it’s my favourite!!! I’m just about to move home so your pictures are my inspiration. Thank you so much! xxx

• Reply Louisa Blackmore July 18, 2011 at 11:00 pm

The french cabinet is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you’ve colour-coded the books on the second from bottom shelf, so simple but effective!! It’s a real behind-the-scenes peak and so inspiring. X

• Reply Criola May 13, 2013 at 6:10 pm

Dear Holly!

Thanks so much for the inspiration and joy you bring to me through your books, pics and blog posts! If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask you for some advice. I moved into a gorgeous apartment in Berlin Schöneberg a while ago and face lots of challenges to decorate and find furnitures. Today, I just had to ship back an (expensive) teak table for the living room as the quality was bad and I couldn’t even set it up properly :(

I therefore wondered where you got your white table in the workspace corner shown in your book “Wunderbare Wohnideen” from – the light, clean atmosphere and the pink accent with the rug is very very nice. Thanks!

Warmly,
    Kat

• Reply decor8 May 13, 2013 at 6:53 pm

@Criola – Do you mean my work desk along the wall or the table in the center of the room? The work desk was something my husband and I custom made using a single work surface we ordered and then, picked up the bottom cabinets from IKEA, added wheels and put brackets on the back since the desktop is deeper than the actual cabinet depth. So it was a bit of a hack job and worked out great. The table in the center of the room is about 230 long and was from HAY in Denmark. They have a showroom in Berlin, you should definitely check them out.

• Reply Criola May 14, 2013 at 11:45 am

Thanks Holly! I meant the white table in the center of the room ;) Will check out HAY and their furnitures, and will stop by often on your blog. I love your work! xx

• Reply Gustav June 24, 2013 at 11:17 pm

Your place is super lovely, thanks so much for sharing it with us! I would love to stay there for a while. :)