Corners of My Home

I was thinking about what to blog today and all of a sudden I thought that perhaps you’d be interested in seeing a few of my favorite things that are in my work room and living room, which are two rooms near to one another, in my home. I love seeing the details in the spaces of others and know that you do to so perhaps you want to see a little glimpse into my life. These were not styled or shot very well as the lighting in here is rubbish with a storm brewing outside, but they are a genuine reflection of how I live and so I hope that you like them.

Corners of my home

Okay so first, remember this post about looking for storage? Well, after posting that I decided to just buy the dream cabinet that I really wanted instead of settling on something that I didn’t want only because it was a few hundred dollars cheaper. In the end, I’ll end up selling or replacing the one I don’t love so it will cost me more long term so I decided to buy a piece that I will have for the rest of my life. I contacted Lys Vintage and to my surprise, they still had the vintage cabinet from France in the lovely grey-brown that I like so much and even better news – they had a driver who could deliver it the next day. Talk about good timing.

Corners of my home

Corners of my home

Corners of my home

Corners of my home

When I got it home, I put lots of our favorite things in it that my husband and I collected over time. I asked him if I could use some of his antiques to display and he was very willing to share his prized collections, including many antique books – some handwritten dating back to the early 1600′s in which he is very fond. I love all of his collections, combined with mine, and that I have some temporary space for some of my favorite design books. I’ll move my design books into a larger cabinet with all the others still boxed up, but for now at least I have access to the best of the best.

Corners of my home

The first door that you see tilted out slightly is a door and a window leading to the balcony. The other double door leads to a second room as large as this one but I’ve shut the doors because I don’t want you to see the boxes that lurk there. I’m still furnishing my home, it’s taking me forever, but at least I have some corners of my home together while I decide on what to fill all of this space with.

Corners of my home

I wish I could say I cleaned up for your visit today, but I didn’t. I have magazine files on the floor from a project I was working on and on the table, stacks and stacks again of paperwork and things. This room doubles as my dining room currently but we usually eat in here when we have guests, otherwise we eat in our other dining room. Yes, we have three places to eat in our home – a kitchen table in the kitchen, a dining area outside of the kitchen in our very wide hallway and then this room which is a formal dining room. I have to make roman blinds for this room shown above, and get a pendant for over the table, and get some new chairs… but you know, it is what it is and I’m not making excuses for it. I like my home. My windows are not as dirty as they look by the way, though our window cleaning guy is coming over on Monday (thankfully) so they’ll be crystal clear soon enough. :)

Corners of my home
Stacks of magazines and stacks of Japanese craft and interiors books… on an antique Swedish bench that I want to paint, I think I may paint the top a minty green and the legs a matte gray, and then do something else but that is a surprise. When I finish I will show you. My makeshift lighting is a vintage green glass jar from the flea market filled with odd bits because I’m quirky like that… and inside are some Christmas lights because I really like how they look at night.

Corners of my home

I showed you my first wintergarten in this post, here is my second one above. I did very little to it, I have plans… I’ll show you once I set those plans into motion. But for now, at least there is something in there so it doesn’t look lonely. I always try to put something in a room until I am able to do what I really want to do in there because at least I can enjoy it for now.

Corners of my home

I have lots of little stacks in my house – books and ceramics mostly – things that I’m obsessed with!

Corners of my home

Above is a piece of furniture from IKEA that I have in my work room – it’s going to have a facelift though as I’m bored with how it looks and I want to paint it and do something fun, including new “knobs” because the ropes are cute but I’m not in love with them as they are.

SO those are some imperfect corners of my home that I thought I’d share today. I love my home, I’m happy here and cannot wait to get it finished but as it is for now is okay with me until I can furnish it and do the curtains, etc. I can’t wait to show you more as I continue to work on things!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on May 26, 2011

1. la boom! commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 7:59pm

Really neat and clean spaces!
    I love the simplicity and the way light embraces every single item :)
    la boom!´s last blog post ..Handmade shadow box frame -Philberta-

2. Tina Ramchandani commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:01pm

You’re home is coming along wonderfully. Please keep posting pictures. I’d love to see how it turns out!
    Tina Ramchandani´s last blog post ..Design Spotlights

3. donaville commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:01pm

you have one of the prettiest houses ever. i love your style!
    donaville´s last blog post ..Two New Dribbblers

4. Iris commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:11pm

The cabinet is just perfect. And I like how you have combined all your precious items; there is so much to see in there, it looks like a tiny museum.

x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Coca Cola

5. Wendy from Wendys Hat commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:13pm

I love your books in pretty colors!

6. ishtar commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:18pm

Holly your home is ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL!!! isnpiration everywhere!!
    ishtar´s last blog post ..A walk through the woods ♥ Un paseo por el bosque

7. Lisa Congdon commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:19pm

Gorgeous Holly! We are coming to visit Berlin next year. Can’t wait to see this place in person!

8. Lily from Birch + Bird commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:20pm

Loved seeing all of your little corners…everything looks so fresh and full of your personality. That cabinet is amazing, well worth the splurge! Thanks for sharing :)
    Lily from Birch + Bird´s last blog post ..Budget Friendly Decorating

9. Amy commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:23pm

I love that you have apologised entirely needlessly for these shot not being styled very well. Oh to not be able to style my home well such as this!! Lovely pictures – thanks for the insight.

10. Karen commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:27pm

I love that your place is beautiful AND functional. Too often, function is left to the wayside in favor of pretty. I really like the IKEA cabinet – about how deep is it? I am looking for something similar for my entryway.

11. Sally commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:30pm

This is lovely. I especially like the fabric board pictures and the bench with books on.

12. Brooke H commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:33pm

Beautiful! I especially love that in the cabinet you kept all the colorful books to one shelf. Such beautiful styling. . .That wooden lamp is pretty cool too. Where’s that from?
    Brooke H´s last blog post ..New to the shop- Bride Note Cards

13. decor8 commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:36pm

@Lisa – Come see us, I’d love it. Maybe we can do a crafting class in my flat – I can round up some nice girls and we can do it here. :)

14. Lisa Ridgely commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:40pm

Thank you for sharing these – there are so many beautiful details! The cabinet is especially wonderful, and I love all the windows and light that you have.

15. desiree - Vosgesparis commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:51pm

Great to see this little corners.. I think a little corner says more about a person then an overall shot of a room ;) I am all into details ! Thanks for the little peek in your home .
    desiree – Vosgesparis´s last blog post ..DIY Industrial coatrack

16. Alexandra commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 8:57pm

Thank you for sharing photos of your home! It’s beautiful and it is so exciting to finally see more of it! I especially love the cute wooden table with the dala horse!

17. Lizet commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 9:13pm

Love all the ceramics and the beautiful chevron flooring!
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Spotted Honey Pot

18. mosey commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 9:24pm

It looks so beautiful and quite frankly I’m jealous as I am inspired! I can’t wait until I can make a place my very own you you’re doing!
    mosey´s last blog post ..windows to the sky

19. cafenoHut commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 9:25pm

Your cabinet is really a unique thing. I also love every one corner of your home.

20. keishua commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 9:55pm

I love your space. Its so bright and colorful. I am really digging the color coordinated books.
    keishua´s last blog post ..Small Pleasures-My Blue Yoga Mat

21. kalanicut commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 10:00pm

Oh it’s so lovely. I was so pleased to hear you decided to buy what you loved instead of something you’d end up selling and be less happy with. I am trying to only buy things that I really love and actually need. It’s a challenge to discipline oneself, but I want to really enjoy what I own instead of having things that don’t mean much to me and don’t even meet my needs. Thank you for inspiring me in that direction.

Thank you for sharing your home, and the reality that it’s not always perfect every second, that it didn’t look like a design showroom the morning after you moved it. It’s so real to hear you say these things and I am sure in the end you will have a home that really means something to you as you thoughtfully put it all together over time. There’s no rush, right? As I heard Oprah say yesterday, “go with the flow”. Flow unfolds over time, beautifully just as your home is. Looking forward to seeing it continually unfold.
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..How Little Do We Really Need To Be Happy

22. Ninotchka commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 10:18pm

Wonderful!

23. Kat commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 10:27pm

Oooh loved seeing these corners of your home – all so so pretty and Very Holly. Your personality can be felt in all your little arrangements & that’s beautiful. Too many homes are over styled & lose the energy of the person. I love the cabinet & your books in a rainbow of colours – perfect!
    And the canvas on the ikea unit, is that painted or fabric stretched onto a board? either way it’s a beautiful backdrop.
    Love Kat xox
    Kat´s last blog post ..Once upon a time

24. Abi commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 10:58pm

Ah! I miss my German windows!! And your house looks lovely! thanks for sharing!!

25. Juliette commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:02pm

I really like those short shelves with your small white ceramics and books stacked sideways and just so fitting. I really am thinking the world now needs more short shelves. That can be such an easy thing to do to smarten up a boring set of shelves!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Shop Peek- Mohren Haus in Bamberg

26. handz commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:03pm

Very nice corners, the little drawers unit is very cute!
    handz´s last blog post ..1 Giveway – ReStyle

27. Marianne commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:07pm

It always is nice to see photo’s of your home! Thank you for sharing! It’s lovely.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..garden close-up

28. Marianne commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:08pm

It always is nice to see photo’s of your lovely home! Thank you for sharing!
    Marianne´s last blog post ..garden close-up

29. Deb Van commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:15pm

Love to see your collections of your “obsessions”. Mine is depression glass (Princess pattern, green) which I have displayed in a 1930′s linen closet. Absolutely, beautifies the dining room.
    Deb Van´s last blog post ..Bathroom Lighting

30. Éva Csomós commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:54pm

Hallo Holly,

your home is beutiful! my pinboard with you! how beutiful! Liebe Grüße, Éva

31. citta design commented
    May 26th, 2011 at 11:57pm

ohhhh…. the perfect firday morning treat – a noisy around someones home! thanks for sharing :) p.s – that cabinet is beautiful!
    citta design´s last blog post ..never have a bad day ever again

32. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:01am

@Eva – I want to come over tomorrow to buy the gray table in your window – what time are you in the shop? :)

33. Jen @ Lita's World commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:02am

WOW every are looks so precious and delightful…I bet it would be fun to just browse through it all…I love how girlie it all is…it all pulls together and is so clean and “pretty” – LOVE IT!
    Jen @ Lita’s World´s last blog post ..Banana Coconut Cream Pie

34. sécia commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:02am

Love your windows and those chevron floors!

sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..to Pin or Not to Pin

35. Jo :) commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:24am

Love your rainbow of books! Thanks for sharing — your home looks so “home-y”, comfy & pretty. :)

36. Alex commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:41am

Thanks for sharing pics of your glass-front display cabinet! It’s fantastic.
    -Alex

37. Mitzi Curi commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:48am

I love the views of your new home, Holly! The little pile of chandelier crystals, Thorsten’s antique books and the lampshade skeleton caught my eye. You have a magic touch!
    Mitzi Curi´s last blog post ..Mitzis Favorite Old-Timey Tunes- Louis Jordan

38. JEN RAMOS commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:51am

I always enjoy looking at pictures of your place…looks like its all coming along quite nicely! :))) The floors are so amazing!!
    JEN RAMOS´s last blog post ..More of my NYC Trip

39. Erika commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 2:55am

Thanks for sharing your world! Erika LuluBoopVintage
    Erika´s last blog post ..ANTIQUE SATIN NIGHTGOWN – Super glamourous

40. Emma commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:09am

Ahhhh Holly – you’re killing me with your talk of ‘oh my messy home’, you wanna see mine?! haha You make stacks of magazines and paperwork look gorgeous, man if I took some pics of my workspace at the moment…oh my…Your style is so spot on, I am loving your apartment, very Holly which is refreshing, not trying to be anything else! Would love to see corners of your home more often, have inspired me to do the same :)

P.S. LOVE Thorsten’s books! I just re-arranged my built-in bookshelf in our living room to colour co-ordinate the spines too :)
    Emma´s last blog post ..the organised bride

41. Emma commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:10am

Oh and forgot to mention I grew up with parquet floors just like that in herringbone pattern, they make me very nostalgic for my childhood home, the underfloor heating we head melted the glue in parts and my sisters and I would pull them all up and put it back together. Hours of fun!
    Emma´s last blog post ..the organised bride

42. Penelope@thirdroomstudio commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:17am

Perfectly imperfect! I love getting to look inside your home (these are my favourite posts!). As usual, it’s so beautiful, and your attention to detail makes me want to revamp everything in my home. I’ve got some spare time… Thanks for sharing, and the cabinet is Gorgeous!
    Penelope@thirdroomstudio´s last blog post ..in progress

43. fenny setiawan commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:54am

Holly, I love the corner at your home. You put attention into detail. I just wondering how about the cleaning? because I love to decorate my house and put many items in my table too, in the end I am getting mad when it comes to clean the dust :(. Or may be in Germany is not too dusty like here :)
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..Decoration hoops and accesories by Yali Paz

44. MeAndBoo commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:55am

I love how you have colour co-ordinated your books. It is funny that this post appears now as I was thinking, only yesterday, “I wonder if it’s possible to colour arrange all our books?” I had been looking at one of our bookshelves and thinking it looks all messy ‘n stuff!!
    I think your photos and styling are lovely, and your house is superb.

45. Lill commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:36am

I love the almost “randomness” of your cabinet! :)
    Lill´s last blog post ..Billigste rejseforsikring til Israel

46. CIndy commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 5:06am

Gorgeous! The light in your place is incredible. I have a question – I have a huge book collection and love the idea of color organizing. But I keep mine organized by subject. So how do you find your books? Do you just remember the binding color and go from there?

47. Lucia commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 5:15am

thanks for sharing your home, it looks that is getting beautiful. The cabinet is perfect!
    I have to say congrats for Decorate, is just amazing, not only the houses, the images but also the concepts and ideas and all the incredible information inside. I love it!!! I only read the first chapters and my house is been under serious decoration turn around since then. I can´t stop it!

48. leah commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 6:07am

I love that your home is beautiful and functional. The simplicity and beauty of your vignettes inspires me. Thank you…

49. Cecilie commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 8:49am

It all looks so beautiful and I really like that you live there – it doesn’t look like a show home but a place with people who love their home.

And on a side note: I am always happy to see some one actually managing to “ignore” the Rauchfaser on the walls. I am still dying to tear it down but I may just decorate my home around it as you’ve done.

50. Éva Csomós commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 9:38am

hallo holly,

the shop is closed. we are on exhibition in nörten hardenberg. (i´m starting a new shop of edenstraße. oppening 31 july) we are in the atelier. (atelier florentz) friday 16-20 clock and monday-thursday 17-21 clock.

Tel 0170 / 99 75 815 (florentz)

sorry for my english!

51. Ewelina commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 10:06am

Dear Holly, I really couldn’t help it…this afternoon I’ll be publishing a post about your work and this particular article about your home. As you’ll be able to read later on today, it’s not often we get a chance to see homes of the most successful personalities in the business. So thank you for sharing your ‘corners’ with us :o)
    Best regards,
    Ewelina

52. Laura commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 10:14am

Holly your home is so beautiful! Loved having a little peek! You have given me some
    good ideas too….. With lots of love Laura x x x x x

53. Rose commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 10:50am

Holly – one of my favourite spaces to decorate and style is a bookshelf or display storage – I have such fun doing it and by the looks of it, so do you. That grey unit is totally to die for – enjoy.

54. Jane commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:03am

I’m with Iris, Holly. That cabinet is heavenly – I loved it when you first showed it and am delighted you chose it in the end. I’d love it in a duck egg blue for our new house – the move is on next week! J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..The anatomy of a stressful day on Planet Baby

55. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:27am

@Eva – Oh have fun! Are you moving your shop off of Podbi? I’ll miss you! When will you be back at Podbi, can you save the gray table in your window for me (the round one)? Have fun in Hardenberg!!!!

56. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:32am

@Cecilie – Oh I don’t ignore it LOL – everyday it haunts me – I wish I could learn to love it but I just can’t. I see it and I cringe. Every single rental has it and I just don’t understand the obsession with this rauchfaser here – I mean, it’s horrible, impossible to clean, gets dirty so easily, I’ve lived here since October and already need to paint my entire bedroom because the walls are getting grayish – it’s such a shame that the hardware stores and manufacturer’s here are so stuck on this horrible stuff. I could rant on and on about it because it’s so old-fashioned and ugly. I plan to wallpaper some areas of this place soon so that I can enjoy flat, smooth walls again. xo

57. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:34am

@Lucia – Thank you, I’m happy that you like Decorate and are having fun with the ideas in the book. :) :)

58. Jeannette commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:36am

Hi Holly,

I really like your IKEA cabinet but I think your right about the knobs. How about changing them for these http://www.nuinterieurontwerp.bigcartel.com/product/handle-white
    I think they’re so gorgeous.

Jeannette
    p.s. Love your book :-)

59. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:36am

@Cindy – I am very visual so I remember each book easily organizing them by color – of course, these are decorating books ONLY — so I tend to remember the covers more than the titles. If these were novels, I don’t think I could do it because with novels the covers don’t stand out as much as the titles. I hope I’m making sense! But for my brain, the color system works nicely for decorating books. If I had craft books, travel, etc. in with these I think I’d have a hard time finding them…

60. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:38am

@Jeannette – Can I kiss you? That is exactly what I had imagined, I was going to try to make them — it’s quite unbelievable that you shared that link – I didn’t realize something in my imagination actually WAS out there already. Genius! Thank you so much….

61. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:41am

@Fenny – I don’t have a lot around so it’s not a problem (dust). I clean once a week and that is enough, and I vacuum every 4 days — but we don’t have children or pets, and we never wears shoes in the house, so it’s really easy to maintain for a family of two. Even though I live in the city, my home borders a forest so the air quality is great – it’s not polluted here or dusty with all of the green around. But there is pollen right now, so I’m wiping my windowsills more than usual. :)

62. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:42am

@Emma – These wooden floors are original to the house so they are over 100 years old. We don’t have underfloor heating though I often wish we did!

63. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:44am

@Emma – Thank you, I am a very “neat” messy, it’s how I’ve always been. I know where everything is (ask Thorsten) at all times – just like my grandmother! :)

64. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 11:46am

@Mitzi – Thank you, so nice that you noticed those chandelier crystals – they are very old and special to me. I use them to decorate the dinner table from time to time or I hang them on pretty velvet ribbons in the winter on the wintergarten so the sunlight catches them. They are very versatile for decorating, you can use them in so many different ways.

65. Janneke commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:17pm

What a cosy place! You styled it lovely! I like how it’s very bright and the sweet colors of the things and books scattered around. Must feel very good to come home in such a home. Since I read design and decorate blogs, I have also started to style little corners that I would otherwise have neglected. It’s so fun to do and people often comment on it. They wonder how I’ve become so stylish at home.. my secret: Decor8 :)
    Janneke´s last blog post ..Fijn weekend!

66. sandra commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 12:47pm

beautiful and so much fun to see holly! i thought of you today when i went to the supermarket to look if i could find any good german interior magazined and i didn’t even find any bad! i didn’t find any at all, hilarious! we should start one ;)
    sandra´s last blog post ..A typical Sunday in Berlin

67. A Plum By Any Other Name commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:29pm

Corners are the best parts … I love the flower perched on your oval mirror. The place looks lovely. You’ve out done yourself. ;)
    A Plum By Any Other Name´s last blog post ..In Rhubarb Kumquat Jam We Trust

68. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:41pm

@Sandra – I know, right? We have to meet sometime and talk about some fun ideas. I want to have craft classes, what do you think? We could team up.

69. Melissa Mercille commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:49pm

You have a beautiful home. Thank you for sharing. You are so brave to have all white walls. I would love to do that in my home, but am not confident I would pick the right white.

I can’t wait to see the rest of your house and the completed project you mentioned in this post.

70. Nat@ dear little house commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 1:53pm

That Ikea cupboard is great! I haven’t seen one at our Ikea. Make sure you post some pics once you make it over! Have you considered giving it the wallpaper treatment?
    Nat@ dear little house´s last blog post ..100th post celebratory giveaway!

71. belinda commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 2:27pm

perfection! of course! x
    belinda´s last blog post ..Small-town girl in the big city

72. Marcy commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 2:39pm

Holly, I love this look into your home with the colorful stacks of decorating books and items that you love. I featured your site at stylesson.com today.
    Marcy´s last blog post ..decor8

73. Lace and Tulle commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 2:43pm

I love all of the bookcases.

74. opera glass commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:19pm

Your place is super lovely, thanks so much for sharing it with us! I would love to see more posts like this as I think both your style and your apartment are amazing. xx

75. Cecilie commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:30pm

Holly, if and when you decide to take down the Rauchfaser I would love to hear about the process. I am very close to tearing ours down and put up wallpaper etc.

76. Midwest Magnolia - Melissa Lewis commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 3:47pm

Seriously, so calming and relaxing, but still full of color and even better – your personal style. It looks like you! Of course, I know your home would be nothing less. Thank you for sharing with us all. I love your book library!
    Midwest Magnolia – Melissa Lewis´s last blog post ..Friday Vintage Jewelry Giveaway

77. decor8 commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:00pm

@Carrie – My husband tells me it’s easy to remove but I think I’ll hire out because my ceilings are over 3 meters high!

78. Gosia Maj commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:15pm

Your home is tremendously inspiring; I loved to park my prying eyes on so many interesting details. The bookshelf is the piece I’m especially partial to. I think you’ve made the best choice possible. I would love it to sit in my dining/living area housing the multitude of my food styling props. For the time being, however, I’ll just feast my eyes on your gorgeous setup.
    Gosia Maj´s last blog post ..Collections- Seashells

79. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:36pm

Gah…I know I sound like a broken record but, I just love your home so much dear Holly. It exudes warmth, beauty, attention to detail & style. It is welcoming and gorgeous to look at….in short, it makes me very, very happy & something to aspire to. I could move right in & wish I lived close by so, I could come over and appreciate all the detail in person. :) Thank you for sharing hunnie….have a beautiful weekend.
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Closer to home

80. samantha commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 4:38pm

Thank you for sharing pictures of your home, I simply love looking at other peoples homes and how they live!
    Like me you have a fair few books and magazines around the place, what is your favourite homes and interiors book at the moment besides your very own that is?

81. Lauren commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 7:46pm

I love your home! So pretty!

I am dying over those greige doors…they’re amazing! And I also love that gorgeous tall glass door cabinet piece with the tassel hanging from the knob.
    Lauren´s last blog post ..My humble little garden

82. Genelle commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 8:53pm

Love your style! Feels so bright and airy!
    Genelle´s last blog post ..Lunchbags DESTASH

83. Éva Csomós commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 9:03pm

Yes we can save the gray table for you. Nice weekend, Éva

84. Jenni commented
    May 27th, 2011 at 9:18pm

I LOVE that chest of drawers from IKEA. Do you know if they sell it? I wasn’t able to find it on their website. But I’ve been looking for something exactly like that! Thanks :)
    Jenni´s last blog post ..A Warm Welcome to our Newest Vendors

85. Erica Cooper commented
    May 28th, 2011 at 1:27am

Thanks for sharing your space with us. It is warm, personal and stylish. (Just like you appear to be!) It is fun to see corners of our worlds. I think we should definitely glimpse at our own homes in smaller bits to just remember and appreciate all of our special belongings- not just our spaces as a whole.
    Enjoy making your new home your own… be best homes are collected and decorated over time. ;)
    Thanks for sharing your “corners”!
    Erica Cooper´s last blog post ..Thank you- Thank you!

86. Mikkili.com commented
    May 28th, 2011 at 2:10pm

wauw, what a beautiful home. Just perfect. I especially love the bookcases. Thanks for sharing.

87. Kira commented
    May 28th, 2011 at 5:05pm

I love all the corners of your home, but I specially like what you do with books. I couldn´t do that, I have a two year old…
    Lovely blog!
    Kira´s last blog post ..Misión cumplida – Mission accomplished

88. pixie commented
    May 29th, 2011 at 4:24pm

Love that shelf! The glass doors are beautiful and all the pretty things inside. Wow. I want to get home from work and “merchandise” my place…lol

89. JT commented
    May 29th, 2011 at 7:55pm

I love the way you have pretty books in every space in your house. It’s great to see someone else stack them up. Decorating books come in such pretty colors (including yours) that they make a terrific display.

I too couldn’t stand it and had to include your vintage French cabinet in my blog. Just looking at it makes me happy.
    JT´s last blog post ..Howards End is on the Landing by Susan Hill

90. Olivia commented
    May 30th, 2011 at 11:48pm

It’s so pretty!
    All that clutter would drive me mad though, hehe.

91. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    May 31st, 2011 at 12:32pm

ahh I want your apartment haha…it has got such a nice airy feel, woman you like collecting, I do the same, really like how you have put all your lovely things inside the cover and the old table by the window, I am looking for a similar one to go on my hallway and the knoll chair I am after a original one in black, they are so expensive…nice mix of old, vintage and more modern pieces.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..NEW printed tea light holders

92. Paula commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 1:16am

Lovely! Can I asked where you got gorgeous lovely butterfly paperweight? I’ve been looking for one just like it :)

93. decor8 commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 11:56am

@Paula – I bought it at Liberty in London. :)

94. Katie Truelove commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 1:16am

I really enjoyed seeing these little corners of your home! I love that we can just take it one corner at a time and have little creative projects going throughout:) I’m also jealous of your three eating spaces;)! I’m in a little NYC apt and we’ve only got to couch for now!
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Travel Photo Friday- Moscow

95. Paulette commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 11:13pm

So cool–wish I could come visit. And now I’m completely inspired to head back to my bedroom and continue with my massive clearing up/decorating project. p.s. I hope to borrow your lights in a jar idea–it’s absolutely luv-er-ly!
    Paulette´s last blog post ..30 Days of Creativity…In My Bedroom

96. whorange commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 9:07am

gasp! so beautiful, holly!
    whorange´s last blog post ..plexiglas polaroid plexiroid

97. Joanna commented
    June 21st, 2011 at 1:19pm

Hi Holly
    I’ve just bought your book and I just love your site so much, it’s my favourite!!! I’m just about to move home so your pictures are my inspiration. Thank you so much! xxx

98. Louisa Blackmore commented
    July 18th, 2011 at 11:00pm

The french cabinet is absolutely STUNNING! I love how you’ve colour-coded the books on the second from bottom shelf, so simple but effective!! It’s a real behind-the-scenes peak and so inspiring. X

99. Criola commented
    May 13th, 2013 at 6:10pm

Dear Holly!

Thanks so much for the inspiration and joy you bring to me through your books, pics and blog posts! If you don’t mind, I’d like to ask you for some advice. I moved into a gorgeous apartment in Berlin Schöneberg a while ago and face lots of challenges to decorate and find furnitures. Today, I just had to ship back an (expensive) teak table for the living room as the quality was bad and I couldn’t even set it up properly :(

I therefore wondered where you got your white table in the workspace corner shown in your book “Wunderbare Wohnideen” from – the light, clean atmosphere and the pink accent with the rug is very very nice. Thanks!

Warmly,
    Kat

100. decor8 commented
    May 13th, 2013 at 6:53pm

@Criola – Do you mean my work desk along the wall or the table in the center of the room? The work desk was something my husband and I custom made using a single work surface we ordered and then, picked up the bottom cabinets from IKEA, added wheels and put brackets on the back since the desktop is deeper than the actual cabinet depth. So it was a bit of a hack job and worked out great. The table in the center of the room is about 230 long and was from HAY in Denmark. They have a showroom in Berlin, you should definitely check them out.

101. Criola commented
    May 14th, 2013 at 11:45am

Thanks Holly! I meant the white table in the center of the room ;) Will check out HAY and their furnitures, and will stop by often on your blog. I love your work! xx

102. Gustav commented
    June 24th, 2013 at 11:17pm

Your place is super lovely, thanks so much for sharing it with us! I would love to stay there for a while. :)
    Gustav´s last blog post ..Tag til Sverige og få en på opleveren