Rooms

Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

June 1, 2011

Oh do I love me some vintage wallpaper, don’t you? It’s so pretty and whenever I see it I think of all of the great patterns out there still laying around waiting for us to buy and do something amazing at home. Vintage wallpaper can be used for anything – to make cards, frame, make napkin rings for the table, line a drawer, put on an accent wall, use on a wooden headboard, cut a piece to size and paste to the top of a table, I mean the list goes on and on and on… It’s insanely beautiful and I’ve found a few great patterns today over at Retro Villa in Denmark. To add a little fun to this post, please click on each image for a little musical surprise. :)

Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

Hope you enjoyed a little fun with patterns and music – and that they made you smile today. xo

(images: retro villa)

You Might Also Like

23 Comments

• Reply susan June 1, 2011 at 10:40 pm

i collect old wallpaper and i love when i find it at estate sales it makes me so happy!! love the post! susan

• Reply Tanya June 1, 2011 at 10:48 pm

I am loving Sunny Days

• Reply meenal @ maison marigold June 1, 2011 at 11:12 pm

these are so pretty and what a lovely concept to connect them to music..absolutely loved it!! thanks for sharing, holly..have a wonderful day..xx meenal

• Reply Heather June 1, 2011 at 11:21 pm

I think we were separated at birth since we seem to be on the same wavelength most days. Check out my post from earlier today!
    I love your idea though so spunky and summery! You rock my world!

• Reply Heather June 1, 2011 at 11:24 pm

Ok. that YUM YUM tree song and video is pure joy! What a way to put a smile on my face and a spring in my step today! :) i always wanted to be in a musical…….

• Reply Katie Truelove June 1, 2011 at 11:57 pm

I’m not usually a fan of wallpaper but these are just too adorable to resist!

• Reply Concha June 2, 2011 at 12:21 am

I adore these patterns, especially the ones similar to the image on the top left-hand corner. they make me think of the whole Scandinavian folk aesthetics from the 60s. I just can’t get enough of that!

• Reply Michele at modmissy.com June 2, 2011 at 1:38 am

Those patterns make me smile and think of days gone by. Vintage wallpaper always has such a groovy vibe to it. I had this fabulous ‘painted-on’ wallpaper in my bedroom in the 1960’s. Check it out at my blog, May 5th post – Memories

• Reply Patti June 2, 2011 at 1:40 am

Love this post – such cute pairings!

• Reply Amy Vanpool June 2, 2011 at 3:14 am

So much fun! I smiled at all of the songs! Thanks! :)

• Reply Nadia June 2, 2011 at 6:15 am

The vintage wallpapers are lovely! An accent wall with them would look nice :)

• Reply Zsa Zsa June 2, 2011 at 8:58 am

These sure did make me smile, Holly! Would love these pretty wallpapers on my wall…particularly the yumyum and rockme wallpapers! Thanks for sharing these. :)

• Reply Sorcha Fitzmaurice June 2, 2011 at 1:58 pm

These wallpapers sure are so lovely and sweet and also a bit different from what you would usually think of when ‘vintage’ is mentioned. Makes a bit of a change from the usual vintage wallpapers.

• Reply Lauren June 2, 2011 at 5:51 pm

So pretty and colorful! I love vintage wallpaper too!

The cute songs are adorable and they did make me smile :)

• Reply belinda/gretchenmist June 3, 2011 at 2:03 am

this did make me smile!! love the green patterns and the others are pretty gogeous too!

• Reply ArticulateArt June 3, 2011 at 10:04 pm

these patterns are awesomely beautiful!!!

• Reply Shell June 4, 2011 at 3:25 am

Really cute post with pretty wallpaper. Love the songs attached to them too.

• Reply becky June 4, 2011 at 8:00 pm

Too funny, I heard “Oh Sheila” last night in the car and rocked out my car dance. Then, shamefully, when “MmmmBop” came on, I turned it up even louder. There needs to be an MmmmBop print, dontchathink?

• Reply tina June 5, 2011 at 1:45 pm

i love it all

• Reply Leanne June 5, 2011 at 10:44 pm

Oh Wow!
    I just love these designs!! This has brightened up my day! Thanks!

• Reply Valérie June 6, 2011 at 9:44 pm

The problem is that there are too many beautiful patterns and not enough rooms in my house. But it’s true there are many other ways to use wallpapers such as cards. I regret to receive more emails than letters on beautiful papers.
    And also, what a great idea to associate a music with an image. On my blog I associate a song with a painting – a song in the mood of the painting or that gave me the inspiration (I’m a painter) but only the lyrics. Perhaps, I should link with an audio file. You’re giving me the idea… Thank you :-)))

• Reply Tiffany June 13, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Scrolling back thru your blog, I came across this post I must have missed! So glad I found it, because I am a vintage wallpaper horder! I love the stuff!! I am proud (or ashamed to ) admit that I have probably over 75 rolls of the stuff! I use it for anything I can think of It makes me smile.
    So did you music.
    Thanks!
    Tiffany

• Reply VueFinder June 21, 2011 at 5:17 am

Love this blog and the many gorgeous designs! Sunny Days is my favorite.

I think you will love my Etsy page. I’m finding it hard to part with some of these wallpaper samples, but alas-I must :)