Vintage Wallpaper + Music To Make You Smile

Oh do I love me some vintage wallpaper, don’t you? It’s so pretty and whenever I see it I think of all of the great patterns out there still laying around waiting for us to buy and do something amazing at home. Vintage wallpaper can be used for anything – to make cards, frame, make napkin rings for the table, line a drawer, put on an accent wall, use on a wooden headboard, cut a piece to size and paste to the top of a table, I mean the list goes on and on and on… It’s insanely beautiful and I’ve found a few great patterns today over at Retro Villa in Denmark. To add a little fun to this post, please click on each image for a little musical surprise. :)

Retro Villa

Retro Villa

Retro Villa

Retro Villa

Hope you enjoyed a little fun with patterns and music – and that they made you smile today. xo

(images: retro villa)

Posted by decor8 in walls on June 01, 2011

1. susan commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 10:40pm

i collect old wallpaper and i love when i find it at estate sales it makes me so happy!! love the post! susan
    susan´s last blog post ..Bath Update Refining My Style

2. Tanya commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 10:48pm

I am loving Sunny Days
    Tanya´s last blog post ..Guess Whos Back

3. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 11:12pm

these are so pretty and what a lovely concept to connect them to music..absolutely loved it!! thanks for sharing, holly..have a wonderful day..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Runway to room

4. Heather commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 11:21pm

I think we were separated at birth since we seem to be on the same wavelength most days. Check out my post from earlier today!
    I love your idea though so spunky and summery! You rock my world!
    Heather´s last blog post ..What to Do With Vintage Wallpaper

5. Heather commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 11:24pm

Ok. that YUM YUM tree song and video is pure joy! What a way to put a smile on my face and a spring in my step today! :) i always wanted to be in a musical…….
    Heather´s last blog post ..What to Do With Vintage Wallpaper

6. Katie Truelove commented
    June 1st, 2011 at 11:57pm

I’m not usually a fan of wallpaper but these are just too adorable to resist!
    Katie Truelove´s last blog post ..Fathers Day Cards!

7. Concha commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 12:21am

I adore these patterns, especially the ones similar to the image on the top left-hand corner. they make me think of the whole Scandinavian folk aesthetics from the 60s. I just can’t get enough of that!
    Concha´s last blog post ..Armário de Tecidos – Fabric Cupboard

8. Michele at modmissy.com commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 1:38am

Those patterns make me smile and think of days gone by. Vintage wallpaper always has such a groovy vibe to it. I had this fabulous ‘painted-on’ wallpaper in my bedroom in the 1960’s. Check it out at my blog, May 5th post – Memories

9. Patti commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 1:40am

Love this post – such cute pairings!

10. Amy Vanpool commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 3:14am

So much fun! I smiled at all of the songs! Thanks! :)

11. Nadia commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 6:15am

The vintage wallpapers are lovely! An accent wall with them would look nice :)
    Nadia´s last blog post ..raw &amp healthy blackberry chocolate cake

12. Zsa Zsa commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 8:58am

These sure did make me smile, Holly! Would love these pretty wallpapers on my wall…particularly the yumyum and rockme wallpapers! Thanks for sharing these. :)

13. Sorcha Fitzmaurice commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 1:58pm

These wallpapers sure are so lovely and sweet and also a bit different from what you would usually think of when ‘vintage’ is mentioned. Makes a bit of a change from the usual vintage wallpapers.

14. Lauren commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 5:51pm

So pretty and colorful! I love vintage wallpaper too!

The cute songs are adorable and they did make me smile :)
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Sprinkling in Some Glam- How Does Your Garden Grow Part II

15. belinda/gretchenmist commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 2:03am

this did make me smile!! love the green patterns and the others are pretty gogeous too!
    belinda/gretchenmist´s last blog post ..our creative space sneak peak!

16. ArticulateArt commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 10:04pm

these patterns are awesomely beautiful!!!
    ArticulateArt´s last blog post ..Decorating Artificial Nails

17. Shell commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 3:25am

Really cute post with pretty wallpaper. Love the songs attached to them too.
    Shell´s last blog post ..New Moon in Gemini

18. becky commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 8:00pm

Too funny, I heard “Oh Sheila” last night in the car and rocked out my car dance. Then, shamefully, when “MmmmBop” came on, I turned it up even louder. There needs to be an MmmmBop print, dontchathink?

19. tina commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 1:45pm

i love it all
    tina´s last blog post ..mali anđel

20. Leanne commented
    June 5th, 2011 at 10:44pm

Oh Wow!
    I just love these designs!! This has brightened up my day! Thanks!
    Leanne´s last blog post ..New Kitchen May 2011

21. Valérie commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 9:44pm

The problem is that there are too many beautiful patterns and not enough rooms in my house. But it’s true there are many other ways to use wallpapers such as cards. I regret to receive more emails than letters on beautiful papers.
    And also, what a great idea to associate a music with an image. On my blog I associate a song with a painting – a song in the mood of the painting or that gave me the inspiration (I’m a painter) but only the lyrics. Perhaps, I should link with an audio file. You’re giving me the idea… Thank you :-)))
    Valérie´s last blog post ..Partir sans rien dire

22. Tiffany commented
    June 13th, 2011 at 3:20pm

Scrolling back thru your blog, I came across this post I must have missed! So glad I found it, because I am a vintage wallpaper horder! I love the stuff!! I am proud (or ashamed to ) admit that I have probably over 75 rolls of the stuff! I use it for anything I can think of It makes me smile.
    So did you music.
    Thanks!
    Tiffany

23. VueFinder commented
    June 21st, 2011 at 5:17am

Love this blog and the many gorgeous designs! Sunny Days is my favorite.

I think you will love my Etsy page. I’m finding it hard to part with some of these wallpaper samples, but alas-I must :)