My Little Fabric + Culinographie

I’m so happy to share with you the decor8 blog of the week, My Little Fabric, penned by the very lovely Aline Caron who is a French art director based in Paris. I know that you’ll find her photography and illustrations quite charming and so I thought I’d take a moment to interview Aline so you could get to know her before peeking in on her pretty space online.

Aline Caron

Hello Aline and welcome to decor8 today. So tell us, what are your passions as a freelance art director and blogger?
Aline: I have many passions… Perhaps too many! I I have no time to do all that I want to do. I’m interested in graphic design, of course. For work, I concentrate mainly on fashion, beauty and luxury products. I am fascinated by paper — cut, fold, paste, origami…and I love mixing mediums — collages, drawings, watercolor… I’m also fond of photography, especially food photography and food styling. I love trying to find the best light, props, fabric, it’s so exciting! I love cooking and and eating. I also make ceramic, it helps me to meditate and it clears my head. Oh, and I love contemporary dance (See? I told that you I have a lot of passions!). :)

Aline Caron

Aline Caron

I heard about your newest blogging adventure in addition to My Little Fabric… Can you tell us more?
Aline: Yes, of course! I’ve just created a new French blog with two others bloggers Parigote and Christelle called Culinographie which means “foodography” and we share cooking tips and tricks that we learn as we go. This is also a passion of mine…
Aline Caron

Your photos are beautiful! Who are some if your favorite photographers?
Aline: Ohh there are a lot! It’s the magic of the internet. Everyday I discover a new talent. The last one that I added to my bookmark is Diane Sagnier and Rus Anson. In food photography, I love the work of Katie Quinn Davies. Her lighting is so amazing. I love the contrast of her photographs, sometimes it looks like a Dutch still life painting, like a Vermeer’s painting…

Aline Caron

What kind of camera do you use?
Aline: For a long time, I used the FZ38 Panasonic Lumix bridge, perfect for novices. But 2 months ago, to improve the quality and the possibilities, I bought a Canon 5D Mark II. It’s wonderful, a revolution for me!

Outside of your favorite photographers, where else do you find inspiration?
Aline: The inspiration is all around, I find it in magazines, travels and the internet. I’m really inspired by nature, for instance flowers, woods, animals and vegetables. In my creations you’ll always find at least one of these elements. Colors really inspire me too, and the first thing that I do when I begin a project is to define a palette. It gives me direction and a graphic style.

Aline Caron
So tell me, with so many blogs online already why do you blog?
Aline: I started blogging because I wanted to show my work. I made “doudou” which are plush toys for children and that’s why I created My Little Fabric when I first began on my blog adventure. Then, step by step, post by post, I started to introduce additional topics in which I am passionate about, for instance cooking and sharing my food photos. My blog is my playground where I illustrate, cook, tell stories with food, make videos, share my pictures, the ideal place to improve and challenge myself. The most important thing to me is that I have fun in the process!

Thank you Aline for visiting us today and thank you for sharing your blogs, photographs and so many lovely links to those who inspire and motivate you to make such pretty photos and to blog! Merci beaucoup!

(photos: aline caron)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on June 02, 2011

1. Shari commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 7:53pm

Very lovely photos! Some of them are Leslie-esque. ;-)

Aline seems very charming, indeed! Thank you for sharing her and her blog!
    Shari´s last blog post ..30 Day Photography Challenge- Day 2

2. Ana commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 8:12pm

There are true happy–akers! J’adore!

3. meenal @ maison marigold commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 10:03pm

what a lovely interview and such beautiful images..fresh and clean..the shot with the cream(?) in a glass bowl and spoon. and some kind of split fruit outside,looks like a painting..i had to look very hard to make sure it was a photo! off to check out aline’s blog now..thanks for sharing, holly..have a lovely day..xx meenal
    meenal @ maison marigold´s last blog post ..Runway to room

4. Ana commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 10:41pm

These pictures are delicious. They inspired me.

5. christelle is flabbergasting commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 11:22pm

Congrats Aline!!

6. Get Campie commented
    June 2nd, 2011 at 11:27pm

Thank you for sharing bits of your blog…your photos are beautiful and the new food blog sounds delish!

7. Lizet commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 12:11am

So lovely and light!
    Lizet´s last blog post ..Fat Light Blue Bottle Vase

8. Sara commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 12:39am

Quelle bonne surprise de découvrir cette interview d’Aline Caron, ma bloggueuse française préférée!
    Je suis son blog My Little Fabric depuis le début et je suis immédiatement devenue fan de Culinographie. J’envie son talent d’illustratrice et sa créativité.
    Son association avec Parigote et Christelle est une excellente idée, Culinographie met à notre disposition, en français, les trucs et astuces de 3 supers bloggueuses. Moi, je suis ravie et visiblement, je ne suis pas la seule!
    Thank you !

9. sécia commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 1:06am

Lovely photos.

-sécia
    sécia´s last blog post ..List 2- Things you are good at

10. Amelia@ Home Decors commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 1:11am

Aline is such an inspiration for an inspiring blogger like me. I’m not trying and hoping to be the best blogger in my niche. I just want to share my thoughts and ideas to anyone who’s interested about the kind of thing I do.

I also find most of my inspirations in magazines (women, house design, and gardening magazines), my many travels, and online. The Internet has tons of ideas you can emulate.
    Amelia@ Home Decors´s last blog post ..Space Doesn’t Matter- Make Your Home Office Fabulous with Wind Chimes

11. Charlotte aux fraises commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 3:59am

OH MY GOD ! Aline I am so proud of you ! Des bisous ma belle.
    Charlotte aux fraises´s last blog post ..Quelques films « girly » version 5 !

12. Mély du Chaudron Pastel commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 8:41am

Ho, yes, I know this blog !
    I find it really pretty :-)

13. fenny setiawan commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 9:11am

Very lovely. Inspiring photos too :)
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..home project 4- Living room ideas

14. Sofie commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 10:03am

It smells very very nice – adore passion fruit!!! ))

15. Cristina commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 10:45am

oh that blog is so lovely! ..and those pictures.. oh my..
    Tks for this wonderful discover!

:-)
    Cristina´s last blog post ..Photography

16. Kristy Life n Reflection Photography commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 2:23pm

I love the little cupcake stand art!! Too cute!
    Kristy Life n Reflection Photography´s last blog post ..Before n After- Little Discovery

17. Lace and Tulle commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 2:24pm

lovely images!!! thanks for sharing!

18. Nathalie commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 2:42pm

Absolutely LOVE the pictures!

19. Nini commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 2:45pm

Oh wow! Amazing pictures. I will follow you for sure. De beaux blogues en français, c’est génial. Une réelle inspiration :)
    Nini´s last blog post ..Jardinage en famille

20. Laurent commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 3:00pm

Entièrement de ton avis ! Charming !
    Laurent´s last blog post ..Un fruit tout juste cueilli – les belles tables dAlain Milliat

21. Lisa commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 4:18pm

Thank you so much for sharing this Holly! I just spent a happy 20 minutes sitting here in the sunshine and slowly savoring my coffee and all of the beautiful photos. So very lovely.
    Lisa´s last blog post ..DIY rope bracelet from a JCrew shopping bag!

22. sally commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 5:38pm

Really pretty thank you for sharing :)
    sally´s last blog post ..Samplers

23. Enila commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 5:51pm

Thank You SO so so Much Holly for this post. It was a really pleasure for me and an honor! I’m so glad!
    Enila´s last blog post ..LaaaaaA-pin !

24. Paula Jo commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 7:02pm

What wonderful work Aline does, and the interview was remarkable. Great work on both of your part. Thanks for sharing the pictures.

25. Rachel commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 7:05pm

LOVE the fashion bunny print – so precious!
    Rachel´s last blog post ..Before &amp After- Door to Desk

26. Afi commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 9:27pm

What a talented artist! I loved her blog, full of joy and yummy pastel colors! Will follow her work :) Thanks for sharing Holly!

Have a great weekend! xo
    Afi´s last blog post ..Ribbon heaven!

27. desiree - Vosgesparis commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 10:02pm

oh my !!! these pictures are gorgeous… so tender and colorful in a soft way ;)
    Love it!
    desiree – Vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Sourced &amp Sold Industrial furniture

28. ArticulateArt commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 10:05pm

that window is so unique!!!
    ArticulateArt´s last blog post ..Decorating Artificial Nails

29. Danette commented
    June 3rd, 2011 at 11:21pm

Thanks for sharing this! I love her energy, such a spectacular and inspiring interview.

It inspired me this morning and completely turned my day into a most positive direction.

30. sharon | the teacup incident commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 12:04am

What a beautiful blog with inspiring photos. Thank you for sharing it with us.
    sharon | the teacup incident´s last blog post ..Raspberry Lemonade

31. vicki commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 8:16am

Hi Holly! This post is pure eye candy and it was so inspiring to learn read Aline’s interview. Thank you for bringing such beauty into my day, Holly and Aline. :)
    vicki´s last blog post ..Color Scheme – A Lazy Day

32. Surfcity commented
    June 4th, 2011 at 4:28pm

I’m a big fan of Aline’s blog and of Culinographie ;-)
    Surfcity´s last blog post ..Projet 365 – Mai

33. Mel Stringer commented
    June 6th, 2011 at 11:56am

That wrapping paper photo has me all warm inside.

34. Jennifer commented
    June 8th, 2011 at 8:02pm

Here pictures and artwork are amazing. Thanks so much for sharing.

35. Simone commented
    June 15th, 2011 at 12:01pm

What a beautiful post. I am alwasy interested why people blog. I got into blogging after reading millions of blogs. My mum has a shop and wanted to start one but wasn’t sure how. As I didn’t have her photo’s and don’t spend much time in the shop it was too difficult to do her blog for her. I started one to learn how to use different features and get a blog out there!
    I now love blogging and find it an easy way to be creative and think about life!
    xoxo

36. Jess commented
    July 1st, 2011 at 4:07pm

Bravo ! This is french touch ;)

37. Marie commented
    August 24th, 2011 at 10:36pm

your little fabric looks so great ! congratulation

38. JoyHey commented
    December 2nd, 2011 at 4:09am

I love this post… and I love My Little Fabric!! :) Thanks for sharing and inspiring us!