Thank you, LA!

Last night was my book signing and mood board demo at Anthropologie at The Grove and it went so, so well. I had a really good time and loved meeting everyone so thank you for coming out despite how amazing the weather was and that it was scheduled at a rough time given LA rush hour. For those of you who couldn’t make it, the event was just great and I met lots and lots of wonderful people. I want to especially thank Betsy Burnham for speaking (she is so amazing) and sharing her mood boards and process as well as Leslie Shewring for talking about how she maintains her creative side despite being a busy mother. It was really fun to speak alongside of these very talented and creative ladies.

decoratebook2

NOTE: My flight to Philadelphia was canceled due to the hurricane so I’m not 100% sure that I’ll make it to Philadelphia in time for the Monday night signing, but we’ll see if the weather cooperates and I’ll definitely keep everyone posted here on decor8 so you know for sure whether or not my Philly stop is still on schedule for Monday evening. Until then, I’m going to go out and enjoy warm + sunny LA today and I wish all of my dear friends on the east coast a nice weekend, I know it’s pretty stressful over there currently with the hurricane and I hope you stay safe and sound.

(image: Lindsey Sherrod)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on August 27, 2011

1. Tina commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 8:16pm

It was so lovely to meet you in person Holly! I’ve been a fan of your blog since you started and I’m so pleased for all your success! You inspire me everyday.
    Tina´s last blog post ..Audrey Niffenegger’s take on Jane Austen

2. Danijela commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 8:17pm

Dear Holly

have a perfect time in my favourite city LA. Enjoy the Grove and if you can make it, go in the evening to the observatory, the amazing view over LA. Perfect!

I am looking forward to read more articles from you. I love this homepage which inspires me often ( I am a painter).

Wish you to have a flight on time to Philly and all the best
    regards
    Danijela

3. Shirley commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 8:18pm

It was nice meeting you! I am definitely inspired, thank you :)

4. Lindsey Sherrod commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 8:59pm

Holly – I’m glad you enjoyed the photo! Thank you again for helping others cultivate inspiring ideas through Decorate. It was lovely to see you at Anthropologie!

5. Kelly commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 10:11pm

Thank you for coming to L.A! I posted a bit about it on my blog. It was great to get meet you and Leslie!
    I hope that you enjoy your unexpected extra time in L.A.!
    Kelly´s last blog post ..Decor8 at Anthropologie in Los Angeles

6. alexandra commented
    August 27th, 2011 at 11:26pm

Thank you for the fantastic mood board concepts, and for braving this heatwave to join us in LA! It was such a wonderful evening, and though I had to leave early, I left greatly inspired. Travel safely!
    alexandra´s last blog post ..seasonal style

7. emma commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 12:34am

Enjoy the LA sunshine while you can, I hope all will be well on the East coast too.
    emma´s last blog post ..Pouch Petite Coin Purse – Merry Matryoshkas

8. Mariana commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 1:12am

I recently started reading your blog and find it incredibly useful and full of great ideas. I was wondering, however, where I can get that gorgeous ring you’re wearing in this photo?

9. RobinDenning commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 1:32am

Congratulations Holly on you the tremendous success of your book. It has been such fun reading your blogs and following your adventures over the last few years. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of my own. I am thrilled for you that it keeps selling out! I sure would love to come to the Philly event, even though it’s a little far from me. Let’s see what Mother Nature has in store for us.
    All the best!

10. Tristan B. commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 2:05am

Thank you Holly! It was a thrill and I can’t tell you how hard it was to wait to buy the book until your signing. I wanted to stay up ALL night going through it. Congrats, it’s amazing.
    Tristan B.´s last blog post ..HAPPY EVERYTHING!

11. simone commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 2:44am

Oh Holly, I am so bummed I missed it! Was planning on attending but that nasty LA traffic got the best of my hubby and he didn’t make it home in time for me to leave! I debated showing up late but wasn’t sure if I would have been able to sneak in or not. Glad to hear it all went well. Wish I could have made it. Hopefully for your next book ;) Good luck on your flight to PA. xo -Simone

12. christina commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 7:28pm

Hi Holly! I have been monitoring the Facebook event so if its possible to change that as well, I will get the notification right away. I’ll be bummed to miss you, I’ve been really excited for the event, but totally understand the circumstances and I’ll be there when/if its rescheduled.

13. Kitty commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 5:21pm

I missed it :( Maybe next time??? I love your blog!

14. merrilee commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 11:03pm

Hi Holly! I’m so sad to have missed you in LA. We moved just a week too soon! But it sounds like it went smashingly and I’m sure I’ll be able to meet you in person another time. I’m so happy your book tour is going so well.

xo