uncategorized

Thank you, LA!

August 27, 2011

Last night was my book signing and mood board demo at Anthropologie at The Grove and it went so, so well. I had a really good time and loved meeting everyone so thank you for coming out despite how amazing the weather was and that it was scheduled at a rough time given LA rush hour. For those of you who couldn’t make it, the event was just great and I met lots and lots of wonderful people. I want to especially thank Betsy Burnham for speaking (she is so amazing) and sharing her mood boards and process as well as Leslie Shewring for talking about how she maintains her creative side despite being a busy mother. It was really fun to speak alongside of these very talented and creative ladies.

Thank you, LA!

NOTE: My flight to Philadelphia was canceled due to the hurricane so I’m not 100% sure that I’ll make it to Philadelphia in time for the Monday night signing, but we’ll see if the weather cooperates and I’ll definitely keep everyone posted here on decor8 so you know for sure whether or not my Philly stop is still on schedule for Monday evening. Until then, I’m going to go out and enjoy warm + sunny LA today and I wish all of my dear friends on the east coast a nice weekend, I know it’s pretty stressful over there currently with the hurricane and I hope you stay safe and sound.

(image: Lindsey Sherrod)

You Might Also Like

14 Comments

• Reply Tina August 27, 2011 at 8:16 pm

It was so lovely to meet you in person Holly! I’ve been a fan of your blog since you started and I’m so pleased for all your success! You inspire me everyday.

• Reply Danijela August 27, 2011 at 8:17 pm

Dear Holly

have a perfect time in my favourite city LA. Enjoy the Grove and if you can make it, go in the evening to the observatory, the amazing view over LA. Perfect!

I am looking forward to read more articles from you. I love this homepage which inspires me often ( I am a painter).

Wish you to have a flight on time to Philly and all the best
    regards
    Danijela

• Reply Shirley August 27, 2011 at 8:18 pm

It was nice meeting you! I am definitely inspired, thank you :)

• Reply Lindsey Sherrod August 27, 2011 at 8:59 pm

Holly – I’m glad you enjoyed the photo! Thank you again for helping others cultivate inspiring ideas through Decorate. It was lovely to see you at Anthropologie!

• Reply Kelly August 27, 2011 at 10:11 pm

Thank you for coming to L.A! I posted a bit about it on my blog. It was great to get meet you and Leslie!
    I hope that you enjoy your unexpected extra time in L.A.!

• Reply alexandra August 27, 2011 at 11:26 pm

Thank you for the fantastic mood board concepts, and for braving this heatwave to join us in LA! It was such a wonderful evening, and though I had to leave early, I left greatly inspired. Travel safely!

• Reply emma August 28, 2011 at 12:34 am

Enjoy the LA sunshine while you can, I hope all will be well on the East coast too.

• Reply Mariana August 28, 2011 at 1:12 am

I recently started reading your blog and find it incredibly useful and full of great ideas. I was wondering, however, where I can get that gorgeous ring you’re wearing in this photo?

• Reply RobinDenning August 28, 2011 at 1:32 am

Congratulations Holly on you the tremendous success of your book. It has been such fun reading your blogs and following your adventures over the last few years. I can’t wait to get my hands on a copy of my own. I am thrilled for you that it keeps selling out! I sure would love to come to the Philly event, even though it’s a little far from me. Let’s see what Mother Nature has in store for us.
    All the best!

• Reply Tristan B. August 28, 2011 at 2:05 am

Thank you Holly! It was a thrill and I can’t tell you how hard it was to wait to buy the book until your signing. I wanted to stay up ALL night going through it. Congrats, it’s amazing.

• Reply simone August 28, 2011 at 2:44 am

Oh Holly, I am so bummed I missed it! Was planning on attending but that nasty LA traffic got the best of my hubby and he didn’t make it home in time for me to leave! I debated showing up late but wasn’t sure if I would have been able to sneak in or not. Glad to hear it all went well. Wish I could have made it. Hopefully for your next book ;) Good luck on your flight to PA. xo -Simone

• Reply christina August 28, 2011 at 7:28 pm

Hi Holly! I have been monitoring the Facebook event so if its possible to change that as well, I will get the notification right away. I’ll be bummed to miss you, I’ve been really excited for the event, but totally understand the circumstances and I’ll be there when/if its rescheduled.

• Reply Kitty August 29, 2011 at 5:21 pm

I missed it :( Maybe next time??? I love your blog!

• Reply merrilee August 29, 2011 at 11:03 pm

Hi Holly! I’m so sad to have missed you in LA. We moved just a week too soon! But it sounds like it went smashingly and I’m sure I’ll be able to meet you in person another time. I’m so happy your book tour is going so well.

xo