Next Stop, Philadelphia!

Hello everyone! The LA event was excellent – I had so much fun! I want to thank my two special guests, interior design extraordinaire Betsy Burnham of Betsy Burnham Design and Instant Space along with stylist/photographer Leslie Shrewing for being such great speakers – they did such a great job and to meet Betsy was a total dream come true for me as I’ve followed her for years. A big thanks to all who came out to meet me – it was great and I loved all of the warmth and enthusiasm in the room. An extra big thanks to the ladies who took me out afterwards too —  you know who you are, and it was totally sweet of you.

Book Signing Event Only

Okay, so! I thought I was stranded in Los Angeles since my flight to Philadelphia this morning had been canceled and I couldn’t get another flight over to the east coast or even Chicago until September 1st. This scared me so I kept talking to the airlines (United) and they were THE BEST – I am forever a United Airlines fan after this experience… I explained that I was on a book tour, I just had taken multiple flights with them, and to pretty please help me get to the east coast. After at least an hour on the phone, the manager told me he could get me to Washington, D.C. because there was one open seat and that they wouldn’t charge me a dime extra. Thrilled, I took the flight, and was seated in Economy Plus which was such a huge seat and extra comfy… and I  found a hotel in D.C., bought an Amtrak ticket and here I am! I’m on the east coast and I’m READY to finish my book tour on schedule. YAY!

Tomorrow I’ll be on a train to Philadelphia in the afternoon and though I’m cutting it close, I’ll be ready for all those coming to the event in Philly! I have a special guest who I know you’ll love and lots of people are coming from Anthropologie headquarters so I’m very excited to meet everyone and be a part of such a fun event. After Philadelphia I’ll be taking the train to NYC to wrap up my book tour, flying home on August 31st. I can’t believe it’s almost over — I’ve had SO MUCH FUN.

See you in Philadelphia – the details are shown above, I can’t wait to meet you guys!

(image: anthropologie)

Posted by decor8 in travel on August 28, 2011

1. Jules commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 11:44pm

You are awesome to move heaven and earth (or at least travel through it) to get to your Philly fans. Have a fun and safe final leg of your book tour!
    Jules´s last blog post ..Decorate Book Signing!

2. Susan commented
    August 28th, 2011 at 11:49pm

So glad you made it to the east coast safely Holly, see you in Philly!
    Susan´s last blog post ..irene…

3. Angelia commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 12:34am

That is a beautiful Anthrolopologie Building in Downtown. I am too far in Virginia. Goo Luck.
    Angelia´s last blog post ..Irene

4. Tina in Boston commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 1:17am

Wow! That’s great, Holly! Welcome back to the East Coast. I wish I could be in Philly, but I look forward to reading all about it.
    Tina in Boston´s last blog post ..Pitch Slam!

5. Fiffiga Systrar commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 8:41am

Wow! You really take good care of your fans! We wish we were in Philly…or anywhere you’ve been on your tour. But, we live in Sweden så the distance is way to far. We love to follow your blog thoug, it’s awsome!

Keep on the good work!

Love
    Elin & Emelie
    Fiffiga Systrar´s last blog post ..Färgsprakande tygpyssel

6. Judie in Australia commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 3:40pm

Holly, I’d love to buy your book but it’s not available here. I found one on an English bookstore site, but it looks like it has a different cover than the US edition. Do you know if that’s all that is different? Thanks.

7. Heather commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 4:29pm

Glad you made it safely to the EC, hope your enjoyed your short stay in DC post Irene! She left us with some beautiful weather yesterday and today. Too bad you couldn’t have snuck in an event while here in DC though:( The train ride to Philly should be fun. Good luck on the rest of your tour:)
    Heather´s last blog post ..Mismatched Monday::The Fig Thief and the Owl

8. decor8 commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 4:31pm

@Judie – yes just the cover is different from the US version, and of course, the English is American in the US version, British for the UK.

9. Lindsey (aka modchik) commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 5:20pm

Oh you are so lucky my mom is trying to get on a flight from OC to FL via Chicago and she probably will have to take several fights to get home after Irene I am happy to hear you are making it to your next stop! Sick to my stomach I missed LA. So close.
    Lindsey (aka modchik)´s last blog post ..Watermelon Gazpacho

10. Tamara commented
    August 29th, 2011 at 10:22pm

So excited! I just called the Anthro store in Philly and bought a book for you to sign at your signing tonight!!! I am a HUGE fan of your blog and have truly enjoyed following you along on your tour-though I’d be happier if your tour stopped in Atlanta!
    Best of luck!!!
    Tamara

11. decor8 commented
    August 30th, 2011 at 4:29am

@Tamara – THIS IS SO NICE! I signed your book tonight for you – hope you love it! xoxoxo

12. Kristin Johnsen commented
    August 30th, 2011 at 4:35am

So glad it all worked out – hardly hear of good travel stories so glad United came through for you!!!

I was bummed to not get to see you on your WEst Coast tour – but I found a store that you would approve of in little old Bellingham, WA, that I wrote about today in my blog – so felt like I was in your world for a bit and now I’m an excited new owner of a tiny Jonathan Adler vase! Thanks, Holly for your inspiration!!!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..A trip up North….

13. Judie in Australia commented
    August 30th, 2011 at 2:10pm

Thank you Holly. I’ve ordered it and can’t wait to get it.

14. Jane @ The Borrowed Abode commented
    August 30th, 2011 at 8:04pm

Oh man, I wondered how the hurricane would affect you! I was finishing up a business trip in San Diego and came up to LA for the book signing, but was bummed because I had to change my flight b/c of the storm…and because of the change I had to leave my hotel room in LA the next morning at 3 am to drive back to San Diego and fly home pre-hurricane! BUT it was totally worth it – you were as fabulous in person as I thought you’d be after listening to your podcasts in the BYW course!!

15. kathy weller commented
    August 31st, 2011 at 10:56pm

Whoa, talk about a close call! YOu made it through!! No broken bones, and everything worked out! So glad!! I’m going to think about United next time now too! You are a good evangelist! :)

16. Ryan Murphy commented
    September 2nd, 2011 at 1:53pm

Wow, all the way to the east coast, good job! Great travel story, sent here by a friend, glad I came. Sad Im not near you, so I cant get a signed copy.

17. Julie commented
    September 10th, 2011 at 2:58pm

What an absolutely breathtaking amazingly beautiful and inspiring blog.
    Julie