Inspired Shops: Bell’occhio in San Francisco

My book tour was amazing, surreal, an absolute dream come true BUT I had little time in each city to shop! Boo hoo! Fortunately though I did get to hit a few nice shops thanks to my friend Leslie who introduced me to this fabulous notions store in San Francisco called Bell’occhio. This store left me inspired and deliriously happy and now I have to play it forward to inspire you as well through this post. I loved the whole European vibe of it, it’s always interesting to see how an American translates their European travels and inspirations into something that feels authentic to them. I do this when I travel and bring things home as well, it’s a fascinating process with often equally interesting results.

Bell'occhio in San Francisco

(above: a gorgeous Polish paper chandelier – I blogged about these awhile back, you can read the post here for more info.)

Have you heard of Bell’occhio before? Oh dear, it’s quite the store for those who love the finer things when it comes to ribbons (imported from Switzerland and France), paper products, jewelry (made by the shop-owners husband), threads… I could go on and on.

Bell'occhio in San Francisco

(above: I love faux wall treatments done right. This faux bois is done so, so right!)

Leslie and I were in heaven, nearly getting a parking ticket since we overstayed our welcome by at least 30 minutes. I didn’t want to leave, and when I saw the adjacent studio space to the shop where she handles her online business, I was even more inspired by the sheer beauty of it all. What a gorgeous space!

Bell'occhio in San Francisco

Bell'occhio in San Francisco

(above: this looks very German to me – maybe it’s the pretzels? I also love the peek-a-boo ceiling.)

Bell'occhio in San Francisco

Bell'occhio in San Francisco (above: such a nice display idea for ribbons)

Bell'occhio in San Francisco (above: the storefront made me smile, so pretty)

I snapped some photos with my iPhone, so the quality could be better, but at least you can get a sense of this store so that if you are a lover of all things pretty you may be enticed to visit Bell’occhio in person or online.

THANK YOU LESLIE for sharing this shop with me!!!!

(images: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Shop Tours, travel on September 06, 2011

1. Rebecca commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 12:51pm

Such a beautiful store! I bet you could spend hours browsing in here! Love the way the ribbons have been displayed x
    Rebecca´s last blog post ..Etsy designs…

2. ivory commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 1:09pm

wow, what a very cool shop. It’s so unusual and original. I absolutely love it!

3. Jen Smith commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 2:36pm

I loveeee the chandelier…..

jen

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 4:42pm

omg….SO right up my alley. I would have given my left eyelashes to be there with you two! :) SO gorgeous…reminds me a little bit of the shop where I bought your prezzies…next time I will have to take you there, you would love it. :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Cheap & Chic

5. Heather commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 7:58pm

Hi Holly!. Bellochio is one of my all time favorite shops. It was a treasured spot I visited often when I lived in SF. Claudia, the owner is a very talented retail merchandiser with a unique and personal vision. Isn’t it just a magical little place?

6. Shari commented
    September 6th, 2011 at 11:22pm

I’ll have to check it out… going to Northern California soon. I’m so glad you’re having a wonderful book tour!! I’m still sad that I wasn’t able to meet you in person. I know I should be glad to be working, but it would’ve been awesome to get the job AFTER you came out to Philly!!!

If I see any other cool shops that you might like, I’ll let you know for next time. ;-)

xox

7. fenny setiawan commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 5:57am

This is so lovely shop.
    fenny setiawan´s last blog post ..Tea at home

8. Toni commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 11:54am

Not sure that it looks German but the pretzels chandelier is doing it for me x

9. Kendell commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 1:50pm

Great photos! Next time you are in San Fran you should also check out The Perish Trust (http://www.theperishtrust.com/) on Divisadero. It’s amazing.

10. Ann commented
    September 7th, 2011 at 6:43pm

I’m hoping Leslie took pictures. or bought ribbons and things that she will be taking pictures of! I would so love to see more, and can imagine the fun you two had.

11. Julie the Alkaline Sister commented
    September 9th, 2011 at 6:50am

OMG I haven’t been to this shop in 18 years, I also used to order from them for my retail store. Brings back memories to when Leslie and I used to teach classes together. Loved this inspiring and beautiful shop! Thanx for sharing, glad you loved it! Bet you broke the bank here!
    Julie the Alkaline Sister´s last blog post ..Raw Muesli of Fresh Fig, Cucumber & Gingered Buckwheat–Breakfast or Dessert? You decide!