Gatherings e-Magazine

Hello everyone and happy Friday to you! How are you? I’m excited to see a weekend on the horizon because the past few days have been positively jam-packed with work and I can’t wait to bask in the glory of a free Saturday. Next week, I’ll be in Frankfurt, Germany for the Frankfurter Buchmesse which is a mega event that is focused on print and digital publishing for mainly books. My publishers will be there so I’ll have a meeting with them and also I’ll be meeting with the press and mingling with my German publisher, Callwey, since they just released my decorating book in Germany called, “Lust Auf Wohnen“. In addition to Frankfurt, I’m teaching Blogging Your Way again until November 7th, so I have lots to do but I love it — my work is my fuel — it keeps me going. So! That’s my update… And speaking of digital publishing, have you heard of Gatherings e-mag produced by blogger Heather Spriggs? Here’s a glimpse if you haven’t…

Gatherings e-mag

Gatherings e-mag

Gatherings e-mag

Gatherings e-mag

Gatherings e-mag

As you can see, I focused primarily on the gift wrapping section because I believe in the idea of using what you have at home to create unique presentations like the many shown above. Heather’s ideas are very much in line with the current, “Granny Chic” trend so the doilies, mismatched fabrics, vintage papers, buttons, etc. are all things that you can easily find at craft stores, fabric shops, flea markets or your grandmother’s attic! The idea is to get clever and be creative – use your imagination to re-purpose things you may have long tucked away into a drawer. Heather’s ideas definitely tuned me in to some things that I’ve not used that I should pull out and apply to some gifts.

I want to add that I had the honor of meeting Heather over the summer in Chicago since she came to my book signing event there at Anthropologie and after, she was part of the group that took me out for a fabulous celebratory dinner hosted by Nicole from Making It Lovely. That was such a nice evening – I really enjoyed being with those ladies and thank you again Heather for your warmth and enthusiasm, it was very nice to meet you. All the best on Gatherings, too! You’re off to a great start.

(images: heather spriggs)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on October 07, 2011

1. Amanda commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 12:41pm

Have fun in Frankfurt! The only time I ever seem to go there is to the airport (& back). Are you planning on coming to the Rheinland-Pfalz area (Trier/Kaiserslautern) at all? There is a HUGE American (& British/Irish/Scottish) community in K-town… although I don’t know anything about the bookstores in town (as I live about 45 minutes from there). If you are in my area, let me know… we can have drinks (some of our regional wine) or coffee!

2. decor8 commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:01pm

@Amanda – how far is Trier from Frankfurt?

3. Heather Davulcu commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:03pm

love the granny chic~
    Heather Davulcu´s last blog post ..Good Ol Yardley

4. Ted & Agnes commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:08pm

I loved this magazine Holly it’s just fab & the others popping up on issuu too…so when are we going to have a wonderful decor8 mag???? Rachellex

5. Ted & Agnes commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:11pm

I love this magazine & the others popping up at Issuu….so when are we going to have a wonderful decor8 magazine Holly??? Rachellex
    Ted & Agnes´s last blog post ..ALL GOING ON AT ISSUU

6. Allison Egan commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 3:04pm

What a fantastic e-mag – such beautiful styling and photography too. I so agree – being busy is the best fuel and it also makes the days off feel so luxurious – enjoy your Saturday!

xo Allison
    Spicer + Bank

Allison Egan´s last blog post ..Dreamy Office of the Day 10.8

7. trish commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 3:58pm

well done.
    is Issuu the best digital platform, anyone?
    i think LONNY uses Issuu?
    keep on creating ;)
    trish´s last blog post ..cashmere, silk and leather

8. Heather commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 4:25pm

Oh my goodness, Holly! What a surprise! Thank you so much for your words of encouragement and for sharing Gatherings with your readers! You are not only a woman of great inspiration for me but after meeting you in Chicago I realized you are such a kindred spirit. Thank you for being a part of my life/ my story. Your graciousness has left a forever imprint on my heart. Thank YOu and all the best to you !!!
    Heather´s last blog post ..Fall 2011 Gatherings Magazine

9. Nuit commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 8:41pm

Heather is truly talented, super excited for her new adventure Gatherings!!! i am in love with granny-chic ;) xoo
    Nuit´s last blog post ..Today’s Brittish Place

10. EmmaMT commented
    October 7th, 2011 at 9:44pm

I want to be Rachel Ashwell! I just recieved an advance copy of her new book here in the UK and I can’t wait to feature it!!!

You’re so lucky to have met her..again, or should that be she is so lucky?
    EmmaMT´s last blog post ..Vanilla biscuits – Chocolate style!

11. Kat commented
    October 8th, 2011 at 1:33am

Holly,
    Heather is such a lovely person who extends kindness wherever she goes, she certainly has to me within blog-land :)
    It’s wonderful to see her magazine blooming with inspiration
    Love kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..Sasha Pokrass – adorable elephants

12. Trish commented
    October 10th, 2011 at 4:45pm

Holly, so happy to see that you’ve featured Heather’s work here…she has been nothing but the most genuine of persons in every aspect of my dealings with her. What a lovely person inside and out! No wonder you would call her a kindred spirit! :) I love the magazine (and the past issue too, which is not to be missed!) as it captures a softer side of decorating which we can all appreciate whether we decorate that way or not. It’s a nice spot to rest with a cuppa & while away some time….
    T.
    xx
    Trish´s last blog post ..I Shop My Palette…Do You?