Stylist Barbara Groen

Dutch stylist Barbara Groen has been on my radar for well over a year now since I first fell in love with her work in VTWonen magazine when she styled a story about diverse work spaces. I’ll quickly show a quick glimpse below — I fell in love with these three magical spaces instantly.

Stylist Barbara Groen

After finding her work, I’ve been following her ever since. Here are some more views from the portfolio of this talented stylist. To see many, many more you’ll need to visit her online portfolio here.

Stylist Barbara Groen

Yeah, that is some SERIOUS inspiration overload. I love how she uses color and generally sticks to three colors in each of her stories – maybe it’s just a coincidence but it seems to be her recipe. I also admire how creative she is – I found so many fun decorating ideas simply from studying the images above. She also loves to use paint and doesn’t have any problem putting very bold colors on cabinets, inside and out – love it! Her use of pattern is minimal, she relies more on objects, color and displays to tell her story. I like many of her wall arrangements and how she uses tear sheets as decorative elements. What an inspiring person Barbara is!

(images: barbara groen)

Posted by decor8 in uncategorized on December 08, 2011

1. Nathalie commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 4:56pm

I absolutely love her work too! The first picture of the moodboard is one of my faves.
    Nathalie´s last blog post ..Leuk boek: stadstuinieren

2. Igor commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 5:06pm

The wooden desk lamp is on top of my Christmas wish list!!!! Love!! Great styling!
    Igor´s last blog post ..Holiday Reading: New E-Magazine Issues

3. Karena commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 5:10pm

Oh really wonderful and I adore a limited color palette! The yellows and blues are perfect. Those yummies on the plate look delish as well!
    Karena´s last blog post ..A French Delight on the 5th Day of Holiday Giveaways and a Winner!

4. Boris commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 5:29pm

I like the mix between Scandinavian and Rustic Styles in the interior of the above pictures.
    Boris´s last blog post ..Interior design of a house in the mountains

5. Alison commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 7:09pm

And I really want some of that furniture! Particularly that farmhouse table.

6. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 7:15pm

Absolutely love the ideas! Amazing color stories as well -completely inspiring!

7. Inge commented
    December 8th, 2011 at 9:04pm

Oh I love her wall decoration (how cute is that laughing hippo on the wall???)! And her use of colour is great… How lovely the bright yellow looks in these interiors.
    Love it!
    Inge´s last blog post ..Fab meets Gorgeousness {lots of inspiration and a little DIY}

8. Justine commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:43am

Such gorgeous images! I love how she manages to blend modern with traditional looks so seamlessly. It’s a delicate balance that I admit I’m still figuring out for myself. Thanks for sharing!
    Justine´s last blog post ..Benny > Bernardo

9. Nuit commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 1:54am

wow, this is impeccable!!! I love the details and the textures as well as her use of color. Its stunning for realz.
    Nuit´s last blog post ..J’adore J Crew

10. dialoguewithspace commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 2:14am

Beautiful work! love the color panel
    The second pic is my favourite !!

11. Kate commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 4:34am

I love the whimsy in her work!

12. Lady Deirdre commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:10pm

Some great ideas about colour and where to apply it (and where not). I especially love the grey felt box in the first photo! Wish I knew where to get it :)

13. Cathy commented
    December 9th, 2011 at 6:56pm

I love the use of green, blue and grey in muted shades. Such a peaceful colour combination. Thanks!
    Cathy´s last blog post ..The Lotus Flower – oh my!!!

14. Ellen Einkauf Photography commented
    December 11th, 2011 at 10:26pm

love the white random accents hanging on the wall – that is so fun!
    Ellen Einkauf Photography´s last blog post ..Shine the Light From Within: Part I

15. Jess commented
    December 12th, 2011 at 11:59pm

Great photos, I just love all the work that Barbara is doing. Thanks for the share.
    Jess´s last blog post ..Kmart Printable Coupons

16. Jessica commented
    December 13th, 2011 at 4:30pm

I love those gray and yellow stools- such a happy color combo!
    Jessica´s last blog post ..Day Twelve: Earth Ornament