Inspiration

January 2, 2012

Hello everyone and happy 2012! I’m still on vacation until NEXT Monday but I’m popping in to give you a big group hug and say hello because I miss ya. And hello but I can’t believe I just wrote that title, House Doctor SPRING/SUMMER 2012. Really? Honestly? Spring? Summer? I can’t even believe that in just three months we’ll start seeing the first signs green grass and daffodils but first we have the gray winter to get through…

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

Thoughts of Spring excite me! I must admit though that I do love winter more and more with each passing year because I find so much inspiration where I’m living here vs. when I lived in New Hampshire cooped up in a little house in the middle of nowhere buried under blankets of snow. Here the winters are less harsh, we haven’t had snow yet for instance, and it’s been around 50 each day so I can’t complain! Living in a city is much more fun for me and helps me get through winters, I love it. If I’m bored of uninspired, I go to a museum or pop into a pretty store around the corner or grab a coffee at my favorite cafe and that is my positivity boost. I find that I must have these re-charge plug-in points, especially in the winter or I’ll get a bit of the blues and I do all I can to avoid that!!! But oh yes, Spring is near, sorta! And with a new season comes new collections like the gorgeous things you will see in this post showcasing the new collection from House Doctor. Yeah! The Doctor is in. Woot!

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

Like I was saying…Danish home brand, House Doctor, is a favorite of mine (as you well know as I have been writing about them for ages) but the cool thing is my good friend Tinna from Agentur Pedersen is their sole rep in Germany, Austria and Switzerland so the second she gets their latest catalogs and can share them, I am usually tipped off and get to see them first which is always fun. She has a showroom a block from my house so I can see lots of their things up close and personal too. AND since their catalog just went live on their site, I can finally show you what they are up to for the coming months. I think this stuff will be right up your stylish little alley.

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

Let’s pretend that B on the table is for Becker. Or maybe it stands for Badass as in, this is on Badass rustic table. And oh my I hope I didn’t offend you with my language but that is one of my favorite words at the moment. (blush).

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

I particularly adore some of their new lighting, rugs, bedding and furniture. I have a small wish list… I really want the quilt shown above — a must have for my bed that is stunning. It reminds me of a Liberty print that I love so, so, SO much.

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

What does that M stand for? Mighty? Mega? Manly Man? Meet Me? My My My?

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

A crazy yet pretty green that totally grows on you the more you look at it! It looks so pretty with tones of blue but also violets, too.

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

This blue cabinet shown above is definitely on my wish list for bedroom. It’s the best color blue but even better is the black inside and those gorgeous magazine holders. I love the contrast of soft blue with strong black.

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

I have that wire light in my office with a hot pink cable and I also have that cute white emergency kit with the Liberty-esque patterned cross on top. I’ve been shopping for House Doctor things for years, even before I moved to Germany because when I used to visit here on vacation I’d always bring home House Doctor stuff with me for my New Hampshire home. The love affair has been going on for awhile…

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

The chair is GREAT, right? I also like that pile of books tied together with twine. I always find myself sucked in by the quirky bits in a space.

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

Using black tape to stick images to the wall is a growing trend, washi tape in lighter tones or in neon pink is another. We love our tape, don’t we?

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

I never ever tire of bell jars, do you? There is an H S in this photo. Maybe the H is for Holly or Hello? Or the H S means Hello Sunshine or Happy Shopping?

House Doctor Spring/Summer 2012

You can rarely go wrong with fresh field flowers plucked and displayed in simple glassware and vases, can you? P.S. Isn’t the natural light in this photo goooooooorgeous?

See any dream items? I see TOO MANY! It’s fun to watch House Doctor surprise and inspire us with more fantastic products but for those of you who cannot order from them, I imagine that you feel a bit left out. Well, don’t. You can easily find similar things in your part of the world, I’m sure. You may have to comb around a bit, but you can. Try to see what it is that you like and hunt around for something similar. You’d be surprised what you can find from stores like Pier One, Homegoods, West Elm and Cost Plus World Market. You may be able to pull together a House Doctor look of your own! For those of us who can purchase House Doctor products, do you see anything that sparks your interest? Lighting? A table? A rug? I’m really hooked on that blue Asian-inspired high gloss cabinet and that gorgeous quilt…

(images: house doctor)

21 Comments

• Reply Ludmila @ creamylife January 2, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Happy 2012, Holly! Wishing you the most wonderful things in the new year! P.S. House Doctor rocks, as always! xo

• Reply Hannah | Ebury Home & Garden January 2, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Thanks so much for the preview. Really love House Doctor products and hope to be able to stock them soon. Really struggling to choose though, so many gorgeous things!

• Reply tinajo January 2, 2012 at 10:30 pm

Be still my heart – I LOVE House Doctor and could easily fill my home with their gorgeous stuff. I can´t pick just a few of these, I want it all! :-)

• Reply Heather B January 2, 2012 at 10:33 pm

WOW! I think I love, oh I don’t know, ALL OF IT! The floral boxes are lovely and the matching clipboards are sweet too. I’m going to have to go see if I can get them in the States!

• Reply Lesley January 2, 2012 at 10:45 pm

There are so many great things there. Not all are to my taste, but a lot are!
    The blue cupboard is lovely, and the simple glass vases have me thinking about searching for some for my place.
    Thanks for the lovely images…and have a great new year!

• Reply martine@martinelouisedesign January 2, 2012 at 10:59 pm

hey holly. happy new year! love the house doctor stuff, must go check them out. My faves are the glossy pieces, the cupboards and glossy black table – like them mixed up with the rustics stuff. The floral magazine holders are to die for! m x

• Reply Rike January 2, 2012 at 11:03 pm

I LOVE IT! Especially the white vases. Thanx so much for sharing.

• Reply The Design Notebook January 2, 2012 at 11:14 pm

Happy New Year! I must say that I like autumn and winter more and more, too. New House Doctor catalogue is great! Loving the look of those storage boxes in the blue cupboard. Nadine

• Reply Nat @ Dear Little House January 2, 2012 at 11:53 pm

Happy New Year! I really love the textures in all of these photos. Very inspiring!

• Reply Jessica January 3, 2012 at 4:31 am

I’m so ready for spring/summer! The natural wood elements and vases are beautiful and just what I want to decorate with this season. Thanks for posting!

• Reply Jessie January 3, 2012 at 5:35 am

Wow, I am so enamored by that armoire/bookcase filled with the patterned paper-covered boxes! It reminds me of a boutique display and how just one of those pretty boxes just doesn’t have the same impact as 30 of them all together! Thanks for posting!

• Reply Marianne January 3, 2012 at 7:54 am

Happy New Year, Holly!

• Reply Kinga January 3, 2012 at 10:28 pm

I am wanting all of this; the bell jars, the wooden candle sticks that “news” basket…so lucky for you that the showroom is so near by! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kristin Johnsen January 3, 2012 at 10:54 pm

OMG – I’d never heard of House Doctor before but now I’m in love. Maybe it’s my Danish roots – everything here was wonderful! I want the cabinet the bell jars are standing on! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Zane January 3, 2012 at 11:38 pm

beautiful pieces, really gorgeous

• Reply FrauSchmitt January 4, 2012 at 1:01 pm

Dear Holly,

your blog is so inspiring, thank you so much for sharing those beautiful pictures and ideas. I love house doctor, too and I’d love to own the vintage gray or the white cabinet here as well as lots of decorations.

Happy New Year!

FrauSchmitt

• Reply Marina January 4, 2012 at 2:54 pm

i love house doctor, too :) i’m dreaming being the photographer for the catalogoue and instead of getting paid with money i would be happy about getting some stuff of their collection. oh, what a dream :)
    and happy new year!

• Reply Laura January 11, 2012 at 5:57 pm

I LOVE House Doctor too! You are so lucky to have access to a supplier though. I live in London and I can’t find a way to buy any of their stuff so I have to make do with torturing myself browsing through the catalogues, wishing I could buy the lot. I go to Denmark for Christmas every year to see my family but never have time to go out hunting for House Doctor goodies – you don’t know of any web retailers that supply HD and deliver to the UK do you?

• Reply Celeste January 18, 2012 at 9:12 pm

Thank you so much for all of the wonderful ideas listed above – so many! I really love the blue against the black as well – I think it is a great contract. I look forward to further reading your posts!

• Reply Scandinavian Vintage May 13, 2012 at 4:39 pm

Hello Everybody

I just read your post and saw all the comments regarding persons who are in desperate need in a House Doctor supplier. Allow me to help you all: I have some of the products from the Spring catalouge in my shop right here http://scandinavianvintage.dk/epages/Scandinavian_Vintage_7662875.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/Scandinavian_Vintage_7662875/Categories/House_Doctor
    I ship worldwide and will be happy to assist you if you need a place to buy. If you have a special House Doctor product that I have not listed in the shop, write to me and maybe I will order it from the House Doctor factory. Thank you for reading, kind regards from Klaus at Scandinavian Vintage, Denmark.