Inspiration

German Stylist Dietlind Wolf

January 9, 2012

I am so excited to share one of my very favorite stylists with you today… Her name is Dietlind Wolf and she lives in Hamburg, Germany and works as a props stylist and maker of pretty porcelain things to adorn yourself with (like these).

German Stylist Dietlind Wolf

German Stylist Dietlind Wolf

German Stylist Dietlind Wolf

Her collections and arrangements are simply stunning, fresh and very forward. Dietlind possesses an amazing eye and you can sense her connection to the things that she uses to compose a visual story because everything from the materials used to the composition and overall vibe seems so deeply personal. I am smitten by her food styling and consider myself a very big fan and feel she is one of Germany’s greatest talents. Here are some breathtaking views from her portfolio — pay close attention to the details…

Dietlind does a lot of work for Brigitte, Essen und Trinken and Living At Home magazines, some of Germany’s top lifestyle, food and home publications, which is how I first discovered this talented lady. I would LOVE to see her style a cookbook, she could do such an amazing job especially if she were given loads of creative freedom. I’d love to work with Dietlind someday, even just to observe her, it is women like her who inspire me so, so much… They are not copycats but trendsetters. I love and admire this SO MUCH.

Psst: Isn’t her jewelry lovely?

(photos: julia hoersch, walter cimbal, thomas neckermann)

You Might Also Like

19 Comments

• Reply andria lisle January 9, 2012 at 8:21 pm

Hi Holly – Andria Lisle here! could you please email me your mailing address in Germany? I won one of your contests a few years ago, and now i have something to mail you for a belated thanks! Have you fully learned German yet? Love, love, love the blog and the book!

Sincerely,
    AL
    andria [dot] lisle [at] brooksmuseum [dot] org

• Reply Maria Kallin January 9, 2012 at 8:27 pm

This is pure inspiration, so gorgeous details and color themes. Love the potato (kartoffel) images :)

• Reply Susan @ The Kitchen Designerr January 9, 2012 at 8:41 pm

Inspiring, artistic, raw and emotional! These images are gorgeous! I’ve been a designer for many years and I have known for nearly as long that styling is its own art and own design discipline. I respect a good stylist’s work very much…it makes the objects sing.

• Reply Lisabeth January 9, 2012 at 8:50 pm

Oh wow. Dietlinds work is amazing!! Didnt know her – until now.. And she lives even in my beloved hometown.
    Thanks for sharing!!

• Reply Jess (Where My Heart Is) January 9, 2012 at 9:46 pm

Her work is wonderfully refreshing!

• Reply Concha January 9, 2012 at 10:10 pm

What an amazing styling Dietlind is, Holly, I’m so glad you’ve decided to showcase some of her pictures. I just can’t get enough of her blog! I’m truly in awe of her creativity.

• Reply Zane January 9, 2012 at 10:59 pm

cute and really inspiring

• Reply Kirsty Elizabeth January 9, 2012 at 11:36 pm

Her blog is beautiful!! Very inspirational :)

• Reply Kate January 10, 2012 at 12:29 am

Fresh, fun and colorful. Three of my favorites:) thanks for the introduction!!!

• Reply leslie January 10, 2012 at 12:48 am

thanks for posting about this, i am totally blown away! every image is AMAZING.

• Reply belinda January 10, 2012 at 1:17 am

oh wow, her work has given me so many ideas. just beautiful!

• Reply Vasudha January 10, 2012 at 10:14 am

Wow….Dietlind’s work is so different from the normal…loved it!!! Holly…i live in stuttgart….Are you visiting Stuttgart sometime for any workshop or activity?

• Reply Holly (The Apiarist) January 10, 2012 at 5:50 pm

This is one of my favorite types of food styling; playful but still delicious. I fully support playing with your food!

• Reply Chipper Things January 10, 2012 at 7:52 pm

Oh my. This is really quite stunning. There are so many creative individuals with so many resources that it’s hard to stand out…but this woman has managed to achieve the impossible. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy January 10, 2012 at 8:29 pm

It was funny, my high school German kicked in when I first looked at this blog and it took me a minute to realize I understood the word without it being in English. Ha! Weird!! (me that is!) Anyway, love her styling and the way she layers 2D and 3D elements in her photos. Brilliant -and humbling! We can all aspire!

• Reply Aneta January 10, 2012 at 9:58 pm

Fantastic blog and amazing artist, thank you for sharing great inspiration, can’t stop wowing over her work :)

• Reply Heldra January 11, 2012 at 11:06 am

Dietlind is a absolutly lovely stylist, I own a German cookbook styled by her and often I just drool about the photos and totally forget I actually wanted to look up a recipe.
    The book is called “Teatime. 80 Köstlichkeiten für die schönste Stunde des Tages”, there are some of her porcelain designs in there as well. I just love it!

• Reply Alix January 12, 2012 at 4:28 am

Oooooh I love this! Her style is terrific. I have to show my mama…..she’ll really love it too!

• Reply Benjina July 5, 2012 at 4:41 am

Her work is really wonderful and inspiring.