German Stylist Dietlind Wolf

I am so excited to share one of my very favorite stylists with you today… Her name is Dietlind Wolf and she lives in Hamburg, Germany and works as a props stylist and maker of pretty porcelain things to adorn yourself with (like these).

Stylist Dietlind Wolf

Stylist Dietlind Wolf

Stylist Dietlind Wolf

Her collections and arrangements are simply stunning, fresh and very forward. Dietlind possesses an amazing eye and you can sense her connection to the things that she uses to compose a visual story because everything from the materials used to the composition and overall vibe seems so deeply personal. I am smitten by her food styling and consider myself a very big fan and feel she is one of Germany’s greatest talents. Here are some breathtaking views from her portfolio — pay close attention to the details…

Dietlind does a lot of work for Brigitte, Essen und Trinken and Living At Home magazines, some of Germany’s top lifestyle, food and home publications, which is how I first discovered this talented lady. I would LOVE to see her style a cookbook, she could do such an amazing job especially if she were given loads of creative freedom. I’d love to work with Dietlind someday, even just to observe her, it is women like her who inspire me so, so much… They are not copycats but trendsetters. I love and admire this SO MUCH.

Psst: Isn’t her jewelry lovely?

(photos: julia hoersch, walter cimbal, thomas neckermann)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on January 09, 2012

1. andria lisle commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 8:21pm

Hi Holly – Andria Lisle here! could you please email me your mailing address in Germany? I won one of your contests a few years ago, and now i have something to mail you for a belated thanks! Have you fully learned German yet? Love, love, love the blog and the book!

Sincerely,
    AL
    andria [dot] lisle [at] brooksmuseum [dot] org

2. Maria Kallin commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 8:27pm

This is pure inspiration, so gorgeous details and color themes. Love the potato (kartoffel) images :)
    Maria Kallin´s last blog post ..#9

3. Susan @ The Kitchen Designerr commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 8:41pm

Inspiring, artistic, raw and emotional! These images are gorgeous! I’ve been a designer for many years and I have known for nearly as long that styling is its own art and own design discipline. I respect a good stylist’s work very much…it makes the objects sing.
    Susan @ The Kitchen Designerr´s last blog post ..Kohler Food and Wine Experience & The American Club Resort

4. Lisabeth commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 8:50pm

Oh wow. Dietlinds work is amazing!! Didnt know her – until now.. And she lives even in my beloved hometown.
    Thanks for sharing!!

5. Jess (Where My Heart Is) commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 9:46pm

Her work is wonderfully refreshing!
    Jess (Where My Heart Is)´s last blog post ..I Have a Confession to Make

6. Concha commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 10:10pm

What an amazing styling Dietlind is, Holly, I’m so glad you’ve decided to showcase some of her pictures. I just can’t get enough of her blog! I’m truly in awe of her creativity.
    Concha´s last blog post ..Fitas de Viés :: Bias Binding

7. Zane commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 10:59pm

cute and really inspiring
    Zane´s last blog post ..Nutcracker

8. Kirsty Elizabeth commented
    January 9th, 2012 at 11:36pm

Her blog is beautiful!! Very inspirational :)

9. Kate commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 12:29am

Fresh, fun and colorful. Three of my favorites:) thanks for the introduction!!!

10. leslie commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 12:48am

thanks for posting about this, i am totally blown away! every image is AMAZING.

11. belinda commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 1:17am

oh wow, her work has given me so many ideas. just beautiful!
    belinda´s last blog post ..real living magazine goes digital

12. Vasudha commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 10:14am

Wow….Dietlind’s work is so different from the normal…loved it!!! Holly…i live in stuttgart….Are you visiting Stuttgart sometime for any workshop or activity?

13. Holly (The Apiarist) commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 5:50pm

This is one of my favorite types of food styling; playful but still delicious. I fully support playing with your food!
    Holly (The Apiarist)´s last blog post ..Here Comes the Sun…and Gougères!

14. Chipper Things commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 7:52pm

Oh my. This is really quite stunning. There are so many creative individuals with so many resources that it’s hard to stand out…but this woman has managed to achieve the impossible. Thank you for sharing.
    Chipper Things´s last blog post ..Erica Weiner Jewelry

15. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 8:29pm

It was funny, my high school German kicked in when I first looked at this blog and it took me a minute to realize I understood the word without it being in English. Ha! Weird!! (me that is!) Anyway, love her styling and the way she layers 2D and 3D elements in her photos. Brilliant -and humbling! We can all aspire!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..A Nook of One’s Own

16. Aneta commented
    January 10th, 2012 at 9:58pm

Fantastic blog and amazing artist, thank you for sharing great inspiration, can’t stop wowing over her work :)
    Aneta´s last blog post ..Happy New Beginnings !

17. Heldra commented
    January 11th, 2012 at 11:06am

Dietlind is a absolutly lovely stylist, I own a German cookbook styled by her and often I just drool about the photos and totally forget I actually wanted to look up a recipe.
    The book is called “Teatime. 80 Köstlichkeiten für die schönste Stunde des Tages”, there are some of her porcelain designs in there as well. I just love it!

18. Alix commented
    January 12th, 2012 at 4:28am

Oooooh I love this! Her style is terrific. I have to show my mama…..she’ll really love it too!

19. Benjina commented
    July 5th, 2012 at 4:41am

Her work is really wonderful and inspiring.