Rooms

March 2, 2012

Hello my dear, dear friends. I’m sorry I’ve been missing in action this week. I’m currently on deadline with my next book and teaching a workshop this weekend with Leslie Shewring on blogging, photography and styling so things have been crazy hectic. I’m hoping everything will be back to normal with daily blog posts from me very soon because I miss being regular here – it is really hard for me to step away and it always makes me feel sad to leave you for too long.

Jason Grant for Murobond

In the past month, I’ve been working in the Netherlands, Paris, England and now New York City. I’m excited, tired, a little disoriented and energized all rolled into one. In each place I go, I make it a point to meet a few blogger friends or people who are creative colleagues in other ways. It keeps me going in many ways. For instance, in the Netherlands I had Stephanie Rammeloo and then Eline Pellinkhof to keep me company. In Paris, I met up with Nichole Robertson and had breakfast with Emilie Griottes. In London, I spent time with Sania Pell. Here in NYC I will meet up with many lovely ladies which I’m excited about.

I don’t really think my brain knows where I am, although last night as I looked out of my hotel window at the Empire State Building, I did feel a bit more grounded: I am in America in an amazing city – the big apple! I’m rushing about today putting final touches on our class for this weekend, which completely sold out for those still looking for seats (we’ll come back again one day), so I won’t be blogging much between now and Monday. But I did want to pop in to give you all a big virtual hug and to let you know that I’m alive and well.

Jason Grant for Murobond

I thought I’d share the third collection for Murobond Paints called “Gray Scale Garden” from stylist and creative director Jason Grant today. He wrote in to give me an exclusive on this which I thought was way cool so I wanted to run it right away. I selected these photos below as they inspired me the most from his photo shoot for the collection. These photos were taken by Lauren Bamford in case you’re wondering – and they are just brilliant. The man shown in one of the photos is Jason himself.

Jason Grant for Murobond

Lovely colors Jason and beautiful shots! See you again on Monday with highlights from New York and the class we’re teaching! Yay!

(images: lauren bamford)

You Might Also Like

34 Comments

• Reply Tish March 2, 2012 at 6:59 pm

I’d love for YOU and your love of painting to come to my place! lol

• Reply silke March 2, 2012 at 7:39 pm

lovin`it! the photos are awesome… thank you!

• Reply Ada (hellooo home) March 2, 2012 at 8:42 pm

Hi Holly, I just sat down to have a yummy lunch (while catching up on my blog reading) .. and your email blog post came up which reminded me to tell you that .. I am soooo looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!! See you tomorrow, EEEEEK! Also, GREAT styling + photos from Jason + Lauren! Dark colors tend to give me a nostalgic (aged) feel – nice!

• Reply Frances Schultz March 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Holly, this is a lovely post, as are they all. I’ve been following you for a while now and loving your blog. I am a new blogger myself and have been much inspired by you. Have a great time in New York, and I’ll hope to get in on your next class in this fab city of ours. All good wishes, Frances Schultz

• Reply Lisa Mende Design March 2, 2012 at 10:14 pm

Wow beautiful photos and what a hunk! Jason is a nice addition to the photos!

• Reply Igor March 2, 2012 at 11:56 pm

He’s great, isn’t he! I’ve blogged about him too! Cheers, Holly!!

• Reply Dannette Klein March 3, 2012 at 12:28 am

I really enjoyed the “Gray Scale Garden” from the stylist Jason Grant. I appreciate it when different colors are explored more in depth when it coms to design. Thanks for sharing.

• Reply Megan March 3, 2012 at 1:12 am

That orange a grey color scheme is so lovely. I just got inspired for a painting…thankyou!

• Reply deneise b March 3, 2012 at 1:14 am

Would die to be in that class in NYC…instead I will settle for pictures and words!

• Reply Jaclyn March 3, 2012 at 7:14 am

some well deserved accolades for Jason – love his work here in Australia and his new range from Murobond looks amazing as usual. Jealous you are enjoying time on the East Coast Holly – have fun! x

• Reply Viv March 3, 2012 at 9:19 am

Really gorgeous colours. I especially love the soft blue and yellow orange. Great collection MJG!

• Reply Jane March 3, 2012 at 12:25 pm

Oh Holly! I’m so delighted to see you promoting such a talented Australian. Jason has such an impeccable eye for style. I also adore his work with Officeworks. J x

• Reply Leen March 3, 2012 at 12:44 pm

This is a beautiful and inspiring blog post Holly! Thank you so much for sharing!

• Reply Purodeco March 3, 2012 at 5:44 pm

Amazing shoots and beatiful colors! Looking forward to having you back with more updates!

• Reply Starlet March 4, 2012 at 12:42 am

You are such a jetsetter!
    I wish I could join your class. Hopefully SF Bay Area next?

I really love all the hues above. As I am spending hours in the garden this weekend, I’m now inspired to paint my fence….Hmmmmmmm!!

• Reply Rosa March 4, 2012 at 1:34 am

L O V E ! ! !

• Reply texas adam March 4, 2012 at 5:38 am

Thanks Jason Grant for turning us on to the photography of Lauren Bamford – great work! love the giant cabbage and the BMW shot on her site and the black wall with frames and table above – amazing.

• Reply mr jason grant March 4, 2012 at 7:11 am

WOW
    A BIG Thanks to Holly and for all the wonderful feedback! very lovely!

• Reply Ladyluwhynot March 4, 2012 at 8:44 am

Stunning!

• Reply MissRouge March 4, 2012 at 2:34 pm

wonderful pictures and wonderful ideas!

MissRouge

• Reply MissRouge March 4, 2012 at 2:35 pm

Ce sont des idees super!

Bon écrit, Holly!

MissRouge

• Reply Kristiina March 4, 2012 at 2:46 pm

I am always inspired to paint in my studio and I am happy to see all the grey hues mixed with color to make it interesting, that´s really my color scheme…lovely!
    And be careful so you don´t get too stressed and worked out…It is inspiring to have a interesting job but too much back and forth can be stressful for you mind and soul. Take care, from someone who knows (but I am not as famous as you are ;)
    //Kristiina

• Reply sue March 5, 2012 at 12:10 am

am loving murobond’s paint ranges… they are getting it so very right! first with sibella court, and now with this piece of heaven from mr jason grant! making me wish i was back home to be able to use them all!

• Reply Rita Wright March 5, 2012 at 2:27 am

I love painting and I love this post! Some great pictures with some beautiful colors!

• Reply Nicola Holden March 5, 2012 at 11:07 am

I love that colour palette! Thanks for sharing Holly!

• Reply Daniel - Let me be inspired March 5, 2012 at 3:14 pm

Hi Holly, I can understand that you do not have the time – fun to see the world as you do! What a lovely set of pictures!! Have a great day!!

• Reply Laura Trevey March 5, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Love the paint color and paint brush shots ~ very cool!

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy March 5, 2012 at 11:22 pm

I can see why you chose those pics! They are beautiful and inspiring -a talented photographer! Thanks for sharing!! Have fun in NYC! I find that a very inspiring city!!

• Reply Aminah Morgan March 6, 2012 at 12:30 am

Stunning images and a beautiful collection, LOVE Decor8, it makes my day!

The Three Oclock Girls

x

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai March 6, 2012 at 5:47 pm

Love the distressed wood and textures!

• Reply Glenda Childers March 7, 2012 at 6:01 am

I was in New York this last weekend, as well. My first time to this stunning amazing city. Hope you had time to get some great New York food, like Grimaldi’s pizza – under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply Patti Trostle March 11, 2012 at 3:25 am

Love this article! Great photos also!

• Reply Summer // House&Hold March 13, 2012 at 9:09 am

These images are so beautiful!
    love the dark walls & violet!

• Reply Samantha Denisdóttir March 13, 2012 at 6:51 pm

I’m loving those dark hues, what great inspiration :) Thanks!