Jason Grant for Murobond

Hello my dear, dear friends. I’m sorry I’ve been missing in action this week. I’m currently on deadline with my next book and teaching a workshop this weekend with Leslie Shewring on blogging, photography and styling so things have been crazy hectic. I’m hoping everything will be back to normal with daily blog posts from me very soon because I miss being regular here – it is really hard for me to step away and it always makes me feel sad to leave you for too long.

Jason Grant

In the past month, I’ve been working in the Netherlands, Paris, England and now New York City. I’m excited, tired, a little disoriented and energized all rolled into one. In each place I go, I make it a point to meet a few blogger friends or people who are creative colleagues in other ways. It keeps me going in many ways. For instance, in the Netherlands I had Stephanie Rammeloo and then Eline Pellinkhof to keep me company. In Paris, I met up with Nichole Robertson and had breakfast with Emilie Griottes. In London, I spent time with Sania Pell. Here in NYC I will meet up with many lovely ladies which I’m excited about.

I don’t really think my brain knows where I am, although last night as I looked out of my hotel window at the Empire State Building, I did feel a bit more grounded: I am in America in an amazing city – the big apple! I’m rushing about today putting final touches on our class for this weekend, which completely sold out for those still looking for seats (we’ll come back again one day), so I won’t be blogging much between now and Monday. But I did want to pop in to give you all a big virtual hug and to let you know that I’m alive and well.

Jason Grant

I thought I’d share the third collection for Murobond Paints called “Gray Scale Garden” from stylist and creative director Jason Grant today. He wrote in to give me an exclusive on this which I thought was way cool so I wanted to run it right away. I selected these photos below as they inspired me the most from his photo shoot for the collection. These photos were taken by Lauren Bamford in case you’re wondering – and they are just brilliant. The man shown in one of the photos is Jason himself.

Jason Grant

Lovely colors Jason and beautiful shots! See you again on Monday with highlights from New York and the class we’re teaching! Yay!

(images: lauren bamford)

Posted by decor8 in walls on March 02, 2012

1. Tish commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 6:59pm

I’d love for YOU and your love of painting to come to my place! lol

2. silke commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 7:39pm

lovin`it! the photos are awesome… thank you!
    silke´s last blog post ..heute – platz für neues

3. Ada (hellooo home) commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 8:42pm

Hi Holly, I just sat down to have a yummy lunch (while catching up on my blog reading) .. and your email blog post came up which reminded me to tell you that .. I am soooo looking forward to seeing you tomorrow!!! See you tomorrow, EEEEEK! Also, GREAT styling + photos from Jason + Lauren! Dark colors tend to give me a nostalgic (aged) feel – nice!
    Ada (hellooo home)´s last blog post ..Friday’s Finds … { pleated skirt | Owl winking + More }

4. Frances Schultz commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 10:14pm

Holly, this is a lovely post, as are they all. I’ve been following you for a while now and loving your blog. I am a new blogger myself and have been much inspired by you. Have a great time in New York, and I’ll hope to get in on your next class in this fab city of ours. All good wishes, Frances Schultz

5. Lisa Mende Design commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 10:14pm

Wow beautiful photos and what a hunk! Jason is a nice addition to the photos!
    Lisa Mende Design´s last blog post ..Could You Get Sued for Pinning on Pinterest?

6. Igor commented
    March 2nd, 2012 at 11:56pm

He’s great, isn’t he! I’ve blogged about him too! Cheers, Holly!!
    Igor´s last blog post ..Happily Ever After: Stylist Sania Pell

7. Dannette Klein commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 12:28am

I really enjoyed the “Gray Scale Garden” from the stylist Jason Grant. I appreciate it when different colors are explored more in depth when it coms to design. Thanks for sharing.
    Dannette Klein´s last blog post ..Lets Do the Twist with Scentsy Solid Perfume

8. Megan commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 1:12am

That orange a grey color scheme is so lovely. I just got inspired for a painting…thankyou!
    Megan´s last blog post ..Inspired: The Ever Changing Face of Beauty

9. deneise b commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 1:14am

Would die to be in that class in NYC…instead I will settle for pictures and words!

10. Jaclyn commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 7:14am

some well deserved accolades for Jason – love his work here in Australia and his new range from Murobond looks amazing as usual. Jealous you are enjoying time on the East Coast Holly – have fun! x
    Jaclyn´s last blog post ..almost famous

11. Viv commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 9:19am

Really gorgeous colours. I especially love the soft blue and yellow orange. Great collection MJG!

12. Jane commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 12:25pm

Oh Holly! I’m so delighted to see you promoting such a talented Australian. Jason has such an impeccable eye for style. I also adore his work with Officeworks. J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..The Big Reveal of *my room of my own*: Part 2

13. Leen commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 12:44pm

This is a beautiful and inspiring blog post Holly! Thank you so much for sharing!
    Leen´s last blog post ..Three happy penguins

14. Purodeco commented
    March 3rd, 2012 at 5:44pm

Amazing shoots and beatiful colors! Looking forward to having you back with more updates!

15. Starlet commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 12:42am

You are such a jetsetter!
    I wish I could join your class. Hopefully SF Bay Area next?

I really love all the hues above. As I am spending hours in the garden this weekend, I’m now inspired to paint my fence….Hmmmmmmm!!
    Starlet´s last blog post ..Guest Blogger: Let’s Talk Neon

16. Rosa commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 1:34am

L O V E ! ! !

17. texas adam commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 5:38am

Thanks Jason Grant for turning us on to the photography of Lauren Bamford – great work! love the giant cabbage and the BMW shot on her site and the black wall with frames and table above – amazing.

18. mr jason grant commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 7:11am

WOW
    A BIG Thanks to Holly and for all the wonderful feedback! very lovely!

19. Ladyluwhynot commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 8:44am

Stunning!

20. MissRouge commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 2:34pm

wonderful pictures and wonderful ideas!

MissRouge
    MissRouge´s last blog post ..Better late than never-Besser spät als nie!

21. MissRouge commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 2:35pm

Ce sont des idees super!

Bon écrit, Holly!

MissRouge
    MissRouge´s last blog post ..Better late than never-Besser spät als nie!

22. Kristiina commented
    March 4th, 2012 at 2:46pm

I am always inspired to paint in my studio and I am happy to see all the grey hues mixed with color to make it interesting, that´s really my color scheme…lovely!
    And be careful so you don´t get too stressed and worked out…It is inspiring to have a interesting job but too much back and forth can be stressful for you mind and soul. Take care, from someone who knows (but I am not as famous as you are ;)
    //Kristiina

23. sue commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 12:10am

am loving murobond’s paint ranges… they are getting it so very right! first with sibella court, and now with this piece of heaven from mr jason grant! making me wish i was back home to be able to use them all!
    sue´s last blog post ..sunday styling {my home}…

24. Rita Wright commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 2:27am

I love painting and I love this post! Some great pictures with some beautiful colors!
    Rita Wright´s last blog post ..Wall Murals as Backdrop for Weddings

25. Nicola Holden commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 11:07am

I love that colour palette! Thanks for sharing Holly!

26. Daniel - Let me be inspired commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 3:14pm

Hi Holly, I can understand that you do not have the time – fun to see the world as you do! What a lovely set of pictures!! Have a great day!!
    Daniel – Let me be inspired´s last blog post ..Ace Hotel by Roman and Williams (+video)

27. Laura Trevey commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 3:51pm

Love the paint color and paint brush shots ~ very cool!
    Laura Trevey´s last blog post ..Monday Inspiration

28. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    March 5th, 2012 at 11:22pm

I can see why you chose those pics! They are beautiful and inspiring -a talented photographer! Thanks for sharing!! Have fun in NYC! I find that a very inspiring city!!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..Collecting: Antique Tortoiseshell

29. Aminah Morgan commented
    March 6th, 2012 at 12:30am

Stunning images and a beautiful collection, LOVE Decor8, it makes my day!

The Three Oclock Girls

x

30. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    March 6th, 2012 at 5:47pm

Love the distressed wood and textures!
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Beach Birdhouse

31. Glenda Childers commented
    March 7th, 2012 at 6:01am

I was in New York this last weekend, as well. My first time to this stunning amazing city. Hope you had time to get some great New York food, like Grimaldi’s pizza – under the Brooklyn Bridge.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..Drink, Pray, Love

32. Patti Trostle commented
    March 11th, 2012 at 3:25am

Love this article! Great photos also!

33. Summer // House&Hold commented
    March 13th, 2012 at 9:09am

These images are so beautiful!
    love the dark walls & violet!

34. Samantha Denisdóttir commented
    March 13th, 2012 at 6:51pm

I’m loving those dark hues, what great inspiration :) Thanks!