Sian Zeng & Magnetic Wallpaper

Magnetic wallpaper? What? Oh yes, it was only a matter time after magnetic paint was all the rage. Here’s the skinny on magnetized papers… Xiang ‘Sian’ Zeng is a fab designer who recently reached out to me and I’m so glad because her textile and wallpaper collection for the young at heart is fresh and innovative. I’ve talked about her on decor8 before but her latest creations are undeniably darling. You’ll see what I mean in a second.

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Born in China, Xiang Zeng relocated to Hungary with her parents when she was a child, then moved to London and graduated from Central Saint Martins with a BA in Textile Design. She now designs under her brand, Sian Zeng, with work inspired by fairy tales, imaginative scenes that play out in her mind, quirky interiors and fun ‘crazy’ patterns. With numerous awards to her name since graduating only three years ago, Sian is unstoppable and truly a lady to watch.

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Sian Zeng

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Sian Zeng wallpaper

Sian Zeng

Sian Zeng wallpaper

I like the screen printed stuffed gigantic scissors – so quirky! It is also worth noting that all wallpaper is printed in England using earth friendly inks on paper from sustainable forests and that some of the wallpaper is magnetic so you can stick things to it, including her very own magnets to fit the themes of the papers. You may order Sian’s work online here if you wish. Enjoy!

(Photos: Richard Clatworthy. Styling: Sian Zeng & Margarita Lorenzo)

Posted by decor8 in textiles, walls on March 26, 2012

1. Fiona commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 4:10pm

Very clever and charming!

2. tinajo commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 4:16pm

Very creative, I like this! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..The best little bouquet!

3. Juliette commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 4:32pm

Oh this is a fun idea! I have to say ‘magnetic wallpaper’ makes me think right away of the ‘lick-able wallpaper’ from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory, hee!

Still, magnetic wallpaper is such a practical idea for a lot of rooms -and I love how she has her own magnets to go with it!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..A Stitch in…?

4. Susan Graham commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 4:40pm

Holly – I love magnetized wallpaper for weddings. Frame them, hang them and use to display decor or momentos or even favors! Brilliant!

5. Audrey - This Little Street commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 4:48pm

this is the best idea ever! And these wallpapers are really gorgeous.

6. Cynthia commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 5:10pm

wow! this is amazing! magnetic wallpaper, i really like it!. They are fun and nice, great combination.
    Greetings form Argentina!
    Cyn!

7. Turquoise Lollipops commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 5:19pm

That is brilliant and adorable. I want!

8. lebenslustiger commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 6:35pm

How genius is that! Love the fairyland design – maybe not on an entire wall though, but there are endless other possibilities…
    lebenslustiger´s last blog post ..Dip into Easter

9. Nuit commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 6:41pm

this wallpaper is a dream come true! GORGEOUSNESS overload. xo to you Holly!

10. Bobbi commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 7:17pm

My first thought was that my granddaughter would love this, but then I had to admit that I would be very distracted playing with the wallpaper all day!
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Friday’s Feathered Friends and Their Fine Flats

11. Sandra commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 7:52pm

Just when you think that they’ve thought of everything…not only are these lovely designs, the magnetic part is perfect! Fun and playful while also stylish – a perfect combination…
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Where We Create – Meet Andrea of Lotus Events!

12. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 7:53pm

Really, really wonderful! Love the photography.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Ree and Oklahoma and A Giveaway

13. Michelle commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 8:07pm

That is brilliant! Kids won’t even feel the need to draw on the walls anymore, lol.
    Michelle´s last blog post ..Feeling foodie-New cookbook reviews

14. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 8:13pm

Oh…my. I love it! SO up my alley! So whimsical and sweet! Not to mention beautiful! Thanks for sharing this hunnie!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Snippets & inspiration

15. Dani Boyd commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 8:24pm

This is amazing! Love it!

16. Karena commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 8:29pm

How very unique and fun. Of course I had not heard of her and I love the whimsy!
    xoxo
    Karena
    Karena´s last blog post ..Artist Series 2012 Sculptor Reilly Hoffman

17. Momographica commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 9:21pm

Now this is beautiful! I could become addicted to them.
    Momographica´s last blog post ..Cupcakes (Animated) Epic Adventures

18. Daniel - Let me be inspired commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 9:59pm

Hi, hope your weekend was great! This is really nice!!
    Daniel – Let me be inspired´s last blog post ..Jamie’s Italian in Birmingham by Blacksheep

19. aude commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 10:54pm

Oh thank you Holly for this discovery : those wallpapers are beautiful & really have something !!!!

20. Helena ROOM commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 11:07pm

Hi, maybe you get some inspiration from my typical Scandinavian style of home? I have just started to style my office/studio. I do hope you like it.
    //Helena
    Helena ROOM´s last blog post ..Mitt kontor inreds

21. christine commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 11:54pm

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO cool!
    christine´s last blog post ..Easter Gift Ideas: Scentsy

22. Leslie @ Salvaged Spaces commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 12:53am

I am so in love with these! Thank you so much for sharing. :)
    Leslie @ Salvaged Spaces´s last blog post ..The Dirt Jar: A Roadtrip Memento

23. Jess (Where My Heart Is) commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 1:45am

It is great to see real innovation – something fresh and original.
    Jess (Where My Heart Is)´s last blog post ..Wandering The Streets of Lisbon

24. SALLI @ TIIPII commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 1:59am

Magnetic wallpaper?! What a fabulous idea. Great for a kid’s room or playroom.

25. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 6:09am

So imaginative! Beautiful wallpaper.
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Ombre Napkin Rings

26. colleen commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 6:19am

truly delightful paper ..with a fun element thrown in…love the magnetic personality of it!…fun for the whole family!

27. Inés commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 9:33am

very cute, I would like to have one of this in my hause.

I loved your articule about Germany, I live here too and every thing that you saied I was saing yes, yes, yes. jajaja, That’s the live in Germany.
    Inés´s last blog post ..CARAMELOS

28. Ana commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 11:22am

The idea is great!! And the designs on the wallpaper are gorgeous!!

29. Pink Ronnie commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 1:47pm

Such unique work. Love the wallpaper so much.
    Pink Ronnie´s last blog post ..To market, to market…

30. tasselflower (Mervi) commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 2:13pm

That is so cool! What a great idea for a wallpaper. And yes, I love the giant scissors as well.
    tasselflower (Mervi)´s last blog post ..Hot Font #5: Erica One

31. Camille commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 3:18pm

It’s adorable, i love this article ! :)

Camille´s last blog post ..Cake Party

32. Kristin Johnsen commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 3:52pm

These are just great – and I love how the magnets imitate or add to the papers. what fun to have a room where you can change it up now and then. Really inventive!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..Keep Your Upgrades in Order

33. Traxis commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 4:34pm

It really looks so fascinating.. This will took a lot of creativity to make this..
    Traxis´s last blog post ..Relaxation Techniques For Anxiety

34. amy commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 5:12pm

I love this idea AND it’s gorgeous to look at too. Thank you for posting this.

35. Patti Trostle commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 5:18pm

What a fun idea! This would be perfect for a childs room!

36. Desha commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 1:09am

wow. so cool. I’ve been thinking of doing wallpaper in my daughter’s room, she’d LOVE that!
    Desha´s last blog post ..Women. Peace. CONTACT.

37. Handmade Artists' commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 1:57am

That is just too cool, who would of thought that you could actually have magnetic wallpaper

38. Becca commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 5:26am

I had something very similar to this when I was a little girl and I loved it! Make me want to invest in it for my own little baby girl.

39. Stéphanie Rousseau commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:37am

So funny, I love !
    Stéphanie Rousseau´s last blog post ..Manon tomes 1 & 2 !

40. Julie-white tapestry commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 2:17pm

Amazing! Really love this.
    Julie-white tapestry´s last blog post ..Makin’ it green

41. Ashley commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 2:32pm

This is a really cool idea! I have a room I’m not sure what to do with. Maybe is needs magnetic wallpaper!!
    Ashley´s last blog post ..Introducing Obsession Collections. First up: multi-colored strappy sandals.

42. Sarah Smutny commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 5:20pm

I am totally in love! This is so poetic and playful!
    Sarah Smutny´s last blog post ..slide_start

43. caroline commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 6:58pm

These are really gorgeous designs. Thanks so much for sharing with us.

44. Veronica commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 7:24pm

i love that the wallpaper is magnetic, i’d never heard of it. i also like that the production wasn’t outsourced to a hazardous factory in another country.

45. sharon | the teacup incident commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 11:55pm

So clever! I was one of those kids who imagined little animals living in the wallpaper flowers at home so actually being able to stick a few animals on this paper with thought balloons sounds wonderful :)
    sharon | the teacup incident´s last blog post ..The Versatile Blogger Award

46. Chrystina commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 3:06am

Not only is the idea of magnetic wall paper REALLY cool. Those magnets are INCREDIBLE.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..I’d like you to meet the baton rouge chorus/my first stage makeup experience

47. Brune commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 1:52pm

Lovely idea, lovely blog, thank you !

48. Ciara commented
    March 29th, 2012 at 7:18pm

magnetic wallpaper? genius! it’s one of those moments where I say why didn’t I think of that! ;)

49. Krobelus06 commented
    April 1st, 2012 at 9:33am

I am sure that my children will love this wallpaper.. Thanks for sharing this great review.. :)

50. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 12:44am

I am repainting my room in a darker blue and most sure having the blue version of the wallpaper in one of the walls. I loved working with Siang and Richard, the photographer in these photos, souring the furniture, the dress for the little girl, and the rest of the things. Holly I love more and more each time decor8, thanks for making it a great stop always.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..Loving and living with cactus

51. Lauren Johnson commented
    November 5th, 2012 at 2:20am

Do you know if the yellow is available anywhere? I live in Australia and I haven’t found a supplier yet

52. audrey commented
    February 4th, 2013 at 2:31pm

I bought the bird card and it is gorgeous! Hi all from very cold Scotland