Snurk Bedding & Cushions

Optical illusions are fun! You’ll see why perception isn’t always reality when it comes to bedding in just a moment… But first, this weekend was super duper beautiful so I ventured over to the Saturday farmers’ market where I bumped into some friends and made a few more which is one thing I love about my city – that I almost always run into peeps that I know when I exit my front door. It’s a great feeling to be part of a community, especially for me as I was always in a car running errands before and now since giving up my car nearly three years ago an entirely new world has opened up which includes human contact outdoors again! Yippee! :)

Snurk

Anyway, while at the market, I popped into a favorite interiors shop called ComingHome Interior and noticed that they now carry a Dutch bedding and cushion brand called Snurk. I had already heard of Snurk in bloggyland but hadn’t checked out their recent stuff until now and I like it – so fresh – especially these cushions shown directly below. The quality is great — it made a BIG difference seeing Snurk stuff in person. I of course love that what you think it is isn’t what it really is…

Snurk

For instance, the sheets look like crochet but are only pretending to be the real thing as upon close inspection it’s obvious that it is just a print. Same goes for the granny squares bedding. I admire this about the Dutch, they are always turning the traditional bits upside down to spin them into completely new, fresh products. Twirre is a favorite pattern of mine that they carry, very understated yet the faux crochet cracks me up – I love a dose of humor in home decorating!

Snurk

Snurk

If you live in or around Hannover, you can visit ComingHome to see Snurk things… or call ComingHome and ask to speak to my friend Claudia to see if you can order on the phone (+49 5112158196). :)

(images: snurk)

Posted by decor8 in bedroom on March 26, 2012

1. Jacquelyn | lark&linen commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 5:01pm

These are really cool! I’d love to see them in real life

2. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 7:50pm

Those crochet bedspreads are amazing! So whimsical!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Ree and Oklahoma and A Giveaway

3. Helen commented
    March 26th, 2012 at 10:32pm

I love those pillows with the chunky knit image, they are so effective

4. Sara commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 4:08am

Helen politely noted that the pillows are a knitted image, not crochet! The granny squares are definitely crochet. In any case, they are really cool.

5. decor8 commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 10:27am

@Sara: The crochet pillows are the ones with the granny squares, along with the companion duvet cover. The knit pillows are the ones in pastel.

6. Patti Trostle commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 5:15pm

Love the pillows! What a great idea!

7. Iris commented
    March 27th, 2012 at 9:28pm

I really like Snurk’s design, it is indeed very Dutch. I also love their humorous styling; did you notice the false teeth in the glass next to the granny bedding? :)
    x Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Transparency

8. Aino commented
    March 28th, 2012 at 6:54pm

I agree with Iris, this is very humorous idea! Love it.

9. shanne commented
    August 9th, 2012 at 10:44am

I’ve met the designer for 4 years now at the Woonbeurs. Everytime he has so many new additions and great stuff. He started with the le-clochard! How original is that!
    We own the one with the white shirt and the white bra! It’s already 3 years old and still beautiful, it’s the best!