Rooms

Workspaces That Inspire Me

March 30, 2012

There are so many inspiring spaces to see both online and off in our favorite magazines, books and on blogs. There is no end to the inspiration. As I work on putting the final touches on my work studio before Debi Treloar arrives to shoot it next month, I’m drawing my inspiration from a bunch of beautiful rooms that I’ve been collecting online. It’s a great idea to build these style files so that you can keep all of your room ideas in one place. Here is my work room style file, see if there are any below that you feel a certain connection to.

Workspaces That Inspire Me

Taken this morning with my iPhone of a nook in my office.

Workspaces That Inspire Me

vtwonen can pull together a room like no other. I really like the tones in this room and that bookcase is painted so beautifully.
Workspaces That Inspire Me

frau-p – This lady lives in Germany and really knows how to pull together a bookcase!

Workspaces That Inspire Me

vtwonen – My favorite magazine and it always delivers the best of the best. I really love this glass wall!

Workspaces That Inspire Me

lisa congdon – A kick butt artist in San Francisco with a kick butt space.

Workspaces That Inspire Me

My workspace, at least as it was a year ago. I’ve updated since as I always do. :)

Here are a many more workspaces to inspire you today that I’ve rounded up for you >CLICK HERE<.

It is so important to have a nice work room, at least when you are a freelancer working from home as I do. It’s where everything begins and ends for me each day so I need it to support me. Do you feel the same way? Do you have a room in your home where you can escape? Do you have a creative nook if you don’t have an entire room?

(images: linked to their source above.)

27 Comments

• Reply Chris March 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm

Love the blue buildings print in your office! Can you share the artist’s name or details on where you purchased? Great post.

• Reply decor8 March 30, 2012 at 5:09 pm

@Chris – Julia Rothman

• Reply Juliette March 30, 2012 at 5:29 pm

I love having my own office and -at least for me- it has made ALL the difference. It really helped me take my work more seriously, while also allowing me to expand both in a physical and abstract sense of my work and creativity.

My office is also the space where I can decorate however I want without having to compromise with my husband’s decor preferences, ha ha! Btw- I totally lifted your idea of a fabric inspiration board; it’s so much more flexible for my needs (and our walls) and I’m so grateful for the idea!

• Reply Samira March 30, 2012 at 5:43 pm

I love the fourth photo!!!!

• Reply patricia March 30, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Oh this is perfect for me right now! i’m just starting to make my work space look decent and I can use all the inspiration I can get.

• Reply Ellen Crimi-Trent March 30, 2012 at 6:02 pm

okay no offense but these spaces are wayyyyy too pretty!! LOL my space while nice size 500sq ft is not as pretty. I have stuff everywhere and my husbands work wine spilling over into now . I am jealous but i am not sure if I could ever work in such a clean space!

• Reply LauraJamesJewelry March 30, 2012 at 6:14 pm

I would be so inspired and get so much work accomplished in any of these workspaces!

• Reply Lucy March 30, 2012 at 8:11 pm

So inspiring … makes me want to overhaul my hodgepodge attic studio so that everything goes together instead of being purely functional – storage and workspace I’ve picked up here and there as I’ve gone along. Ah well – a girl can dream … when I’ve got my spiffy purpose-built garden studio …..

• Reply annie March 30, 2012 at 11:20 pm

i love those cage/net-looking chairs in the last 2 pics! but does anyone know if they’re comfortable??

• Reply Patti Trostle March 31, 2012 at 3:26 am

I like them all. I really like the bookcase in the second one. I rent studio space and also have a studio at home. Being a painter, my work space/studio is not nearly as clean and bright as these!

• Reply Jane March 31, 2012 at 6:02 am

Holly, thanks so much for sharing these divine spaces. Yours always makes my heart stop. And I’m heading over to Julia Rothman’s site now to look for some of those divine prints.

I am revelling in putting together *my room of my own* after doing the BYW course with you this time last year. Here’s a peek for you (http://www.lifeonplanetbaby.com/2012/02/big-reveal-of-my-room-of-my-own-part-1.html). J x

• Reply Kristin Johnsen March 31, 2012 at 6:06 pm

I really like your workspace, from a year ago , particularly because it has that cute lamp that you shared with us on your blog! And I like Iris’ storm your pinterest group – now that I’m home for a week, think I might work on my bookcase…..thanks for the inspiration!

• Reply sandra April 1, 2012 at 12:05 pm

trying to have weekend over here, start working immediately after seeing inspring working spaces!

• Reply Sari April 1, 2012 at 1:07 pm

Great post!
    Love every single picture and especially the one with the white, creative bookshelf and the second picture with the “bookshelf ‘ table.

Thanks for sharing :)

Love, Sari

• Reply Punctuation Mark April 1, 2012 at 11:21 pm

I just change my workspace around i feel much better about everything… love your space! Hope you’re having a great weekend!

• Reply Margarita Lorenzo April 2, 2012 at 12:38 am

I can not wait to have mystudio/office done at home. I know how important and essential is to feel comfortable in your working space, well at least i see it that way, specially if you do some creative work. I need to have an organised, and plenty of light studio otherwise my brian does not work property, which is probabily what is happening to me right now, I am struggling to focus and get things done due to the luck os space, but soon will have the room back.

• Reply frau p. hat heimweh. April 2, 2012 at 12:30 pm

Dear Holly,

I am speechless. I look at this post again and again and… I simply can’t believe what I am seeing… my work mentioned in your blog!
    *Blush* How cool is that?! Thank you very much. I feel so honoured and thankful and never would have thought that one day you would share my work on decor8 saying MY workspace inspired YOU. Ah, you made my day!!

Patrizia

• Reply frau p. hat heimweh. April 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm

…and may I add the name of the photographer here?
    Tom Kirkpatrick took this picture, http://www.tomkirkpatrick.de/

• Reply Sandra April 2, 2012 at 2:14 pm

Love the IKEA Alex drawer on casters peeking from the right side of Lisa’s space. That is such an iconic and well loved piece of furniture!

I work in a small home office that is much more cluttered than the rest of my tiny cottage – confession time: I am a piler! Time to sort…

• Reply April San Pedro April 2, 2012 at 6:44 pm

your workspace board in pinterest has been a great inspiration to finally organize my own workspace…

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai April 6, 2012 at 1:33 am

I love the first and second photos…those are spaces I’d love to work in! Looking forward to redoing my work place in the next few weeks.

• Reply Valerie April 8, 2012 at 8:29 am

I love all those spaces a lot! And they inspired me to go through my bookcase yesterday and cut down on novels, cookbooks and the like ;) My space needs to be more airy.
    May I ask where the vase on the first picture is from? I love it!

• Reply Jillian Elizabeth April 9, 2012 at 12:27 pm

Wow I LOVE this post! The pastel colours are amazing…you’ve inspired me to do something with my dull office space in our new house..thanks!

• Reply Lokanin April 10, 2012 at 6:05 am

Very inspiring work spaces – would love to work in any of them!

• Reply Chrystina April 11, 2012 at 5:30 am

What are some of your favorite magazines to learn about spaces like this? I’m looking for some good/fun/crafty/designy online magazines to read/browse through… in all my free time :)

• Reply Christabelle July 22, 2012 at 5:16 am

Love the color palette of your nook…beautiful and calming! Loved looking at all of your pins; such inspirational spaces!