Workspaces That Inspire Me

There are so many inspiring spaces to see both online and off in our favorite magazines, books and on blogs. There is no end to the inspiration. As I work on putting the final touches on my work studio before Debi Treloar arrives to shoot it next month, I’m drawing my inspiration from a bunch of beautiful rooms that I’ve been collecting online. It’s a great idea to build these style files so that you can keep all of your room ideas in one place. Here is my work room style file, see if there are any below that you feel a certain connection to.

Spring come soon!

Taken this morning with my iPhone of a nook in my office.

Workspaces that inspire

vtwonen can pull together a room like no other. I really like the tones in this room and that bookcase is painted so beautifully.
Workspaces that inspire

frau-p – This lady lives in Germany and really knows how to pull together a bookcase!

Workspaces that inspire

vtwonen – My favorite magazine and it always delivers the best of the best. I really love this glass wall!

Workspaces that inspire

lisa congdon – A kick butt artist in San Francisco with a kick butt space.

Workspaces that inspire

My workspace, at least as it was a year ago. I’ve updated since as I always do. :)

Here are a many more workspaces to inspire you today that I’ve rounded up for you >CLICK HERE<.

It is so important to have a nice work room, at least when you are a freelancer working from home as I do. It’s where everything begins and ends for me each day so I need it to support me. Do you feel the same way? Do you have a room in your home where you can escape? Do you have a creative nook if you don’t have an entire room?

(images: linked to their source above.)

Posted by decor8 in workspace on March 30, 2012

1. Chris commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:09pm

Love the blue buildings print in your office! Can you share the artist’s name or details on where you purchased? Great post.

2. decor8 commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:09pm

@Chris – Julia Rothman

3. Juliette commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:29pm

I love having my own office and -at least for me- it has made ALL the difference. It really helped me take my work more seriously, while also allowing me to expand both in a physical and abstract sense of my work and creativity.

My office is also the space where I can decorate however I want without having to compromise with my husband’s decor preferences, ha ha! Btw- I totally lifted your idea of a fabric inspiration board; it’s so much more flexible for my needs (and our walls) and I’m so grateful for the idea!
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Yo-Yos and Covered Button Love

4. Samira commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:43pm

I love the fourth photo!!!!

5. patricia commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 5:52pm

Oh this is perfect for me right now! i’m just starting to make my work space look decent and I can use all the inspiration I can get.
    patricia´s last blog post ..paper as an organizational tool

6. Ellen Crimi-Trent commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 6:02pm

okay no offense but these spaces are wayyyyy too pretty!! LOL my space while nice size 500sq ft is not as pretty. I have stuff everywhere and my husbands work wine spilling over into now . I am jealous but i am not sure if I could ever work in such a clean space!
    Ellen Crimi-Trent´s last blog post ..New Prints and New products

7. LauraJamesJewelry commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 6:14pm

I would be so inspired and get so much work accomplished in any of these workspaces!

8. Lucy commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 8:11pm

So inspiring … makes me want to overhaul my hodgepodge attic studio so that everything goes together instead of being purely functional – storage and workspace I’ve picked up here and there as I’ve gone along. Ah well – a girl can dream … when I’ve got my spiffy purpose-built garden studio …..
    Lucy´s last blog post ..Fleamarket finds … in Rome!

9. annie commented
    March 30th, 2012 at 11:20pm

i love those cage/net-looking chairs in the last 2 pics! but does anyone know if they’re comfortable??

10. Patti Trostle commented
    March 31st, 2012 at 3:26am

I like them all. I really like the bookcase in the second one. I rent studio space and also have a studio at home. Being a painter, my work space/studio is not nearly as clean and bright as these!

11. Jane commented
    March 31st, 2012 at 6:02am

Holly, thanks so much for sharing these divine spaces. Yours always makes my heart stop. And I’m heading over to Julia Rothman’s site now to look for some of those divine prints.

I am revelling in putting together *my room of my own* after doing the BYW course with you this time last year. Here’s a peek for you (http://www.lifeonplanetbaby.com/2012/02/big-reveal-of-my-room-of-my-own-part-1.html). J x
    Jane´s last blog post ..Psst! I’m guest-posting at Crash Test Mummy today

12. Kristin Johnsen commented
    March 31st, 2012 at 6:06pm

I really like your workspace, from a year ago , particularly because it has that cute lamp that you shared with us on your blog! And I like Iris’ storm your pinterest group – now that I’m home for a week, think I might work on my bookcase…..thanks for the inspiration!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..New Theme: On Demand

13. sandra commented
    April 1st, 2012 at 12:05pm

trying to have weekend over here, start working immediately after seeing inspring working spaces!
    sandra´s last blog post ..Fakkel, scrapcandle, 85cm

14. Sari commented
    April 1st, 2012 at 1:07pm

Great post!
    Love every single picture and especially the one with the white, creative bookshelf and the second picture with the “bookshelf ‘ table.

Thanks for sharing :)

Love, Sari
    Sari´s last blog post ..Happy Pinning!

15. Punctuation Mark commented
    April 1st, 2012 at 11:21pm

I just change my workspace around i feel much better about everything… love your space! Hope you’re having a great weekend!

16. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 12:38am

I can not wait to have mystudio/office done at home. I know how important and essential is to feel comfortable in your working space, well at least i see it that way, specially if you do some creative work. I need to have an organised, and plenty of light studio otherwise my brian does not work property, which is probabily what is happening to me right now, I am struggling to focus and get things done due to the luck os space, but soon will have the room back.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..Loving and living with cactus

17. frau p. hat heimweh. commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 12:30pm

Dear Holly,

I am speechless. I look at this post again and again and… I simply can’t believe what I am seeing… my work mentioned in your blog!
    *Blush* How cool is that?! Thank you very much. I feel so honoured and thankful and never would have thought that one day you would share my work on decor8 saying MY workspace inspired YOU. Ah, you made my day!!

Patrizia

18. frau p. hat heimweh. commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 1:29pm

…and may I add the name of the photographer here?
    Tom Kirkpatrick took this picture, http://www.tomkirkpatrick.de/

19. Sandra commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 2:14pm

Love the IKEA Alex drawer on casters peeking from the right side of Lisa’s space. That is such an iconic and well loved piece of furniture!

I work in a small home office that is much more cluttered than the rest of my tiny cottage – confession time: I am a piler! Time to sort…
    Sandra´s last blog post ..The family brunch

20. April San Pedro commented
    April 2nd, 2012 at 6:44pm

your workspace board in pinterest has been a great inspiration to finally organize my own workspace…

21. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    April 6th, 2012 at 1:33am

I love the first and second photos…those are spaces I’d love to work in! Looking forward to redoing my work place in the next few weeks.
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Spring Gift Wrap

22. Valerie commented
    April 8th, 2012 at 8:29am

I love all those spaces a lot! And they inspired me to go through my bookcase yesterday and cut down on novels, cookbooks and the like ;) My space needs to be more airy.
    May I ask where the vase on the first picture is from? I love it!

23. Jillian Elizabeth commented
    April 9th, 2012 at 12:27pm

Wow I LOVE this post! The pastel colours are amazing…you’ve inspired me to do something with my dull office space in our new house..thanks!

24. Lokanin commented
    April 10th, 2012 at 6:05am

Very inspiring work spaces – would love to work in any of them!

25. Chrystina commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 5:30am

What are some of your favorite magazines to learn about spaces like this? I’m looking for some good/fun/crafty/designy online magazines to read/browse through… in all my free time :)
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..easter “egg” hunts

26. decor8 commented
    April 11th, 2012 at 2:34pm

@Chrystina – Try this, I’m sure you’ll love many of them: http://decor8blog.com/2010/05/13/e-magazine-round-up/

27. Christabelle commented
    July 22nd, 2012 at 5:16am

Love the color palette of your nook…beautiful and calming! Loved looking at all of your pins; such inspirational spaces!