Events + Markets

Meet Me at a Food Styling & Photography Workshop (in a castle! eep!)

May 2, 2012

I’m so excited to tell you about a lovely food styling and photography workshop to be held this summer in Germany in a nearby castle (romantic, right?) that I’ll be guest teaching at! The talented ladies running the class, Lisa Nieschlag, Julia Cawley and Meeta K. Wolff, have invited me to guest speak for a morning and to work with students throughout the day as they go about their styling and photography exercises. This will be such a lovely, intimate workshop and I can’t wait to take part. You can learn more about the workshop here and here.

Meet Me at a Food Styling & Photography Workshop (in a castle! eep!)

I’ll be covering the following topics on Saturday morning for 2 hours:

* My Story:
Tips & tricks on building a meaningful career doing what you love
* Interior Styling: Going beyond the plate
* Staying On Top: Trends in cookbooks and food photography & styling
* Networking Online: Creating creative and meaningful blog content
* Q&A Session: Ask me, ask me, ask me! Anything and everything!

Meet Me at a Food Styling & Photography Workshop (in a castle! eep!)

Please bring your notebook for my session because I’ll give you loads to think about that you’ll want to jot down. You’ll walk away from this workshop energized and ready to style, take photos and use all of the tools that these lovely ladies have laid out for you as they have so much to teach you and offer – I can’t wait to hang out with them and all of you for the weekend (I’ll be there Friday and Saturday but only teaching Saturday morning and playing the big sister role throughout the day in case anyone needs help) as we all learn and grow together in an inspiring setting. So exciting!

NOTE: They just opened up 4 extra spaces for decor8 readers if any of you would like to join us so if you are interested please register as soon as possible as spots are being offered on a first come, first serve basis only.

Hopefully I’ll be meeting you at the castle in July! xo

Thank you Lisa, Julia and Meeta for including me!

(images: meeta wolf)

• Reply Meeta May 2, 2012 at 11:55 am

This is going to be fun Holly. Looking forward to having you guest speak with us and also to meeting you. I think the participants are up for an awesome workshop. See you in Weimar!

• Reply tinajo May 2, 2012 at 12:05 pm

*sigh* – such a dream, wish I could go! :-)

• Reply irene b May 2, 2012 at 12:07 pm

OHHH I’d like so much ! I hope I can enjoy these beautiful event through your blog!

• Reply Juliette May 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

Looks like fun! Too bad I’ll be in the US then…any chance you’ll be coming to The Hive in Berlin this month?

Weimar is a lovely little university/cultural town with lots of gorgeous Jugenstil, Art Deco/Jazz Age types of architecture. It also kicks off the Bauhaus trail and has a small Bauhaus museum. We like stopping for a break here when we drive east. Definitely make time to walk around town if you can!

• Reply decor8 May 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

@Juliette – I wasn’t invited to the Hive or even told about it – I just found out last week. Such a shame, I would have LOVED to be a part of that.

• Reply Ría May 2, 2012 at 12:34 pm

I wish I could go!

• Reply Kate May 2, 2012 at 1:28 pm

Hi Holly, wow this course sounds fantastic, wish I could attend. I just wanted to say how much I enjoy reading your blog and thoroughly miss you when you are busy working on other projects. I am definitely inspired to print out some of my instagram pictures, love the mini matte cards.

When will the blogging course be starting? I signed up for a previous course but then had a lot going on at home and work and just wasn’t in the right place to do it but am really keen to really throw myself into it this time. I have six weeks left on my maternity leave so am hoping it might start before I go back to my teaching job. I have also convinced my mum to start a blog and she is going to sign up to your course too.

Thanks again for the daily doses of inspiration

Kate x

• Reply decor8 May 2, 2012 at 1:49 pm

@Kate – BYW 1.5 will begin on June 1 and will begin registering on May 7th. :)

• Reply Joanne Palmisano May 2, 2012 at 1:29 pm

That sounds like so much fun! Photo styling, hanging with a group of talented people and of course the castle! I wish I could go. Oh well…someday. Have a lovely time.

• Reply Tracy A. May 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I so need a workshop like this – my food photography is awful! Unfortunately, Germany is a tad distant for me. I’m sure that this will be wonderful!

• Reply Juliette May 2, 2012 at 1:55 pm

oh Holly, that stinks!

• Reply Daniel - Let me be inspired May 2, 2012 at 2:00 pm

Hi Holly, sounds great! I wish I could attend. Have a great day and I really love your blog!!

• Reply Sandra May 2, 2012 at 2:53 pm

Can I tell you that I am obsessed with tabletop photography? And that you are such an incredible source for photographers that I have not yet seen?

Like with interiors, European tabletop photographers have such a fresh and different take on things.

And wish I could be there for the class! BYW 1.5 will have to suffice…

• Reply Ilze May 2, 2012 at 3:13 pm

The photos in this post looks absolutely divine. Have fun in your castle. WIll unfortunately be far far away from there !

• Reply Momographica May 2, 2012 at 4:03 pm

Hi Holly,
    thank you for such wonderful news. If I knew it in advance (bad me! Always delayed) I would have loved to join because I was looking forward such a course. I am really hoping they are going to make it again because I would join surely :)

• Reply LauraJamesJewelry May 2, 2012 at 4:40 pm

Is it just me or were all those photos so realistic they have left me craving pancakes this morning!!!

• Reply Ciara May 2, 2012 at 5:19 pm

Ooh sounds amazing! Would love to extend my styling experience to food styling too!

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente May 2, 2012 at 6:21 pm

Oh, how I wish I could be there! :)

• Reply Chrissy May 2, 2012 at 7:16 pm

“…in a nearby castle.” I wish that happened in the states. There are some beautiful old homes, but not enough castles :)

• Reply Bobbi May 2, 2012 at 9:23 pm

That sounds absolutely wonderful! For those of us who can’t attend, I hope you tell us all about how wonderful it was!

• Reply Cyn | decyng May 2, 2012 at 10:32 pm

Wow! sounds great. Unfortunally, I´m in Argentina, so far from the castle. Good luck and I´ll be waiting for your post after the meeting.

• Reply CecilieGrut May 2, 2012 at 11:13 pm

LOVE the pics <3!!

• Reply Carmen @ Forgotten Fancies May 2, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Wow, sounds like a wonderful class. And the fact that it’s in a castle! If only I can fork out the money to go to Germany. You must be super excited!

• Reply kristin johnsen May 3, 2012 at 1:56 am

I LOVE the photo with the parsnip in it – parsnips and squash and bird eggs – wow!

• Reply chantel May 3, 2012 at 11:10 am

wow, a Castle in Germany, I’m still getting over the venue let alone everything else!