Rita in Palma

May 22, 2012

I was recently discovered a Turkish designer living in Berlin that made me swoon! The label is called Rita in Palma and is mostly fashion accessories though I’d love to see some of her designs for cushions in the living room or as shower curtains or even panels for the window. Beautiful! I found some scarves from her collection that I love, love, LOVE that I need to show you because I imagine framing one for the wall, wouldn’t that be lovely? Take a look…

Rita in Palma

Rita in Palma

Rita in Palma

Of course, I’m also impressed by her necklaces and bracelets which are a very fresh, modern interpretation of traditional Turkish embroidery. After my Istanbul vacation in 2010, I have been hoping to see more and more contemporary Turkish design take root and grow because I saw many beautiful things in tiny ateliers and shops that made my heart sing. With such a large Turkish population living in Germany, I’d ideally like to see more of this type of work being produced here locally –  it is so inspiring!

Via: Found today on page 47 of Couch mag in Germany. A magazine I love by the way!

(images: rita in palma)

You Might Also Like

• Reply usman May 22, 2012 at 1:43 pm

Ahhhh Soooo Nice

• Reply Tijen May 22, 2012 at 2:02 pm

Hello! New contemporary Turkish designers and their works are indeed very exciting and so fun!! It is very nice to hear that you have picked one of them and posted on your blog. after all you do have a nice taste!
    You can check out my blog post which I ve published last week about the recent exhibition of contemporary Turkish designers and artists collective work in Istanbul. It was very interesting…
    Hoping you like it! Take care, Tijen

• Reply Ashley {GirlyObsessions} May 22, 2012 at 2:16 pm

I love colors in the photos that are printed on the scarves! She has a beautiful aesthetic!

• Reply Yna May 22, 2012 at 2:33 pm

Ha, I knew that I had seen this fabric before. Bought the magazine “couch” a few days ago ;-) I like the necklaces and bracelets, too.

• Reply Monsterscircus May 22, 2012 at 2:53 pm

So beautifull, there’s something peaceful and yet an edge over the accessories! Love Them!

• Reply Ría May 23, 2012 at 12:26 am

Great work!

• Reply Annabel May 23, 2012 at 1:35 pm

Not to be too nitpicky, but the two designers behind the brand are not Turkish. Judging by the names they are German/Spanish (not that it really matters…).
    They do indeed work with Turkish women and this is a lovely concept! Love that you presented their work!

• Reply Amberly @ The Good Life May 26, 2012 at 2:25 am

Those scarves are so cool. I’m loving the framed scarf trend too, and those are perfect for it! Great find! I also like that little bow necklace, it’s so cute.

• Reply Gizem May 28, 2012 at 3:52 pm

I love the subtle tone use that creates tonal harmony in her designs! It is very interesting the way she uniquely incorporates the textiles into innovative designs… I love the lace work, it is absolutely phenomenal! I never thought i would like pink shades this much.