Pinspiring Pins

Hello friends! It’s a new week and I have a ton on my plate work-wise but I’m feeling so great and ready for the many challenges I have before me. I think this past weekend was a real breakthrough for me in many ways because I actually did nothing in the office. ZERO work. As a result, I feel so refreshed and happy today. I think I’ve been working too much and it’s been draining me. I’ve decided to give myself the weekends back and to work on being more productive M-F so I can take Saturday and Sunday off. I went to several music fests, went dancing several nights with friends, and in general I let myself go and dropped the whole work stress stuff. If you are overdoing it with work I REALLY suggest letting go for a few days and doing some things you may not have done in a while. I’ve not gone dancing in months (shame on me) and I’m glad I changed that. I’m really to make some big changes in my personal life this summer so this past weekend was a major start for me. How are you doing? Any changes in your life currently?

LoveHannah Lemholt via this pin.

I was looking through a bunch of my Pinterest pins recently (love Pinterest) and noticed that when I pin things there is always a theme to them that develops without being consciously aware of it. Have you noticed that with your own pins? It’s kinda fascinating to look back and see those themes, they are very interesting – how we sometimes are so blind to our unique internal process of sorting. It’s good to pause from time-to-time though to become more aware of how we collect things, what we are collecting, what these things are telling us about ourselves. Here are some of my most recent pins and what they seem to reveal about what’s on my mind. :)

Pinspiring

A love for fruity sorbet tones, flowers, and a whimsical endless summer is revealed… 1. artpixie via this pin, 2. Lafayette lamp via this pin, 3. Jose Villa Photography via this pin, 4. All washi tape via this pin, 5. HS via this pin, 6. Audrey Jeanne print via this pin, 7. Amy Osaba via this pin.

Pinspiring

Next, I’ve been pinning lots of German-Irish actor Michael Fassbender right now. Not sure what this really says about me though except that I have exceptionally good taste when it comes to handsome dreamy actors. 1. MF site via this pin 2. PABlog via this pin, 3. Flicks and bits via this pin, 4. Flicks and bits via this pin.

Pinspiring
I love these very graphic spaces that mix old and new and the lovely shine of floors, tiles, glass and mirrors. 1. Alexander White Photography via this pin, 2. Marthe Armitage wallpaper photographed by Paul Massey via this pin, 3. Barn Raising article found in the NYTimes via this pin, 4. source unknown via this pin, 5. Skona Hem magazine via this pin, 6. source unknown via this pin.

Love

vtwonen magazine via this pin reveals my obsession with medical cabinets and polished cement floors, still, years after my initial crush developed.

Pinspiring
Color blocking and dots is such a blogger trend, right!? Who doesn’t love these looks right now? 1. eat drink chic via this pin, 2. Photography by Jean-Marc Wullschleger via this pin, 3. Family Living magazine via this pin, 4. source unknown via this pin, 5. Inspiration Ave via this pin, 6. Julien Fernandez Photography via this pin, 7. source unknown via this pin, 8. Nuevo Estilo magazine via this pin.

I hope that you’ve enjoyed these lovely pinspirations!

(images credited above)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on May 29, 2012

1. KAAM commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 5:34pm

Oh yes I’ve enjoyed it a lot! I remember long ago when you wanted to start Thursday Pinterest column…and it didn’t really work – so now when Pinterest is so huge its nice to see your Pin selection:)
    KAAM´s last blog post ..U&A : colorful shades

2. Amy commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 5:48pm

Love the pinspiration and eye candy!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Florida recap – Part 2

3. decor8 commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 6:06pm

@KAAM: I ditched it because Pinterest was under scrutiny and I didn’t want to continue that column because I wasn’t sure how I really felt about what they do as a business. In many ways, I still don’t, but now I’ve decided that from time to time I’ll highlight my pins vs. a regular column and point all of them to their original sources so those people get the click throughs and hopefully some exposure from decor8!

4. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 6:23pm

That popsicle card is adorable! Love Pinterest too, so inspiring…
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Beach Towns: Crystal Cove

5. the chronic utilitarian commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 6:58pm

that white bathroom makes me wanna repaint my bathroom to white!
    *sigh*
    the chronic utilitarian´s last blog post ..add a jot of joy

6. Samira commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 7:04pm

love your pins!!!!
    Samira´s last blog post ..Gardenias

7. Peony and Thistle commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 8:11pm

I love the colour blocking and dots! They make everything look so alive!
    Peony and Thistle´s last blog post ..Country Living changed my life…

8. Isabel Ferreira commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 8:13pm

Holly i just love your posts *.*

I think i really need a board to my wall like the Hannah Lemholt’s, to have all my inspirations and ‘To do’ stuff ;)

9. Julia commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 8:24pm

i’m in love with pinterest and also with your blog :) and i absolutely understand your fassbender-pins ;) love julia
    Julia´s last blog post ..Living for the weekend #4

10. stacy commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 9:45pm

hi there! that popsicle card photo was taken from my website, but i don’t see the source credited in the original post. would you mind adding it? :)
    thanks!

11. Jenni @ Jarfly commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 10:36pm

Note to Self: Look at Michael Fassbender more.

12. Igor commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 10:39pm

A really inspiring selection, Holly:-) As usual!
    Igor´s last blog post ..An Afternoon With Sweet Paul Magazine

13. Sandra commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 10:59pm

No big changes in my life lately but similar to you, a need to spend the weekends recharging and away from the M-F work. I find that if I am immersed 24/7 with design and blogging and all that, I get overwhelmed with all of the images and LESS rather than more inspired.

Kind of like, I love cherry pie but I don’t love it if I eat the WHOLE pie.

So putting some fences around the work is good for me – I come back more refreshed and with good ideas.

Looking forward to BYW 2.0!
    Sandra´s last blog post ..Where We Create – Meet Sheri of Donuts, Dresses and Dirt

14. decor8 commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:00pm

@Jenni – YEAH RIGHT!?????? :) :) :))))

15. decor8 commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:01pm

@Stacy – It is credited to the shop that sells the print – is that print yours, as in you made it?

16. Momographica commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:15pm

Fassebender.
    My devotion for you,Holly, is now doubled.
    Momographica´s last blog post ..Pantone Tarts

17. caroline @trend-daily commented
    May 29th, 2012 at 11:24pm

Great selection as always Holly and very thoughtful to be giving the originators exposure on your blog-they will be thrilled. I was absolutely hooked on pinterest when you and Leslie first introduced me to it, but I too only dip in every so often now. I think it makes me appreciate what I have all the more and it’s a real inspiration going through them every so often. I was chatting to a friend last week and we both said how hard it was to raise kids, run the house, job to earn money and blogging for the love of it. I still love it so much, but definitely need to learn how to take more time out and let my new blog develop in a way that I can sustain on a regular basis. :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..A Visit To….

18. Tiffany commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 2:58am

lovely selections. I have this love for paint daubs and melon colors lately. color-therapy as i like to call it :)
    Tiffany´s last blog post ..tuesday goody bag!

19. Margaret Hogan commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 3:37am

Instead of worrying about what’s looming beyond my horizon I’m trying to ‘play what I can see’ which is an expression I picked up from a friend who coaches a little kids soccer team :) “Just play what you can see.” I’m finding that it’s helping me be more present and connected, more appreciative of everything and everyone around me.
    Margaret Hogan´s last blog post ..Bathurst and a gentle tale of two cycling tragics

20. Margaret Hogan commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 3:40am

P.S. How do you think they’ve put the chalkboard on to that notice board? It’s so cool.

21. Francesca commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 3:41am

lovely pinspiration!

22. Aneta commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 4:13am

Absolutely lovely and inspiring collection :) I love how can you lift up a mood with great images and ideas…sipping my coffee and getting out from my foggy head :) Thank you for this great moment :) ANd YES, for M-F work schedule, readjusting myself to that rule as well :) Time to embrace summertime !
    Aneta´s last blog post ..Craft Shows- Exploring New Possibilities

23. decor8 commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 1:01pm

@Momographica – Heck yeah! ;)

24. Yemi commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 3:47pm

What a great selection of pins. I just love pinterest I find it very inspiring.

25. Val commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 6:38pm

WOW! so much inspiration, not sure where to start! I feel like I need an afternoon off just to look at these! thanks Holly!

26. Bouboulette commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 7:40pm

Thank you, very nice pics !!
    Bouboulette´s last blog post ..☞ Les Mercredis Gourmands #19 : flan aux légumes et roquefort

27. Ría commented
    May 30th, 2012 at 11:24pm

I love the pictures!!

28. Chrystina commented
    May 31st, 2012 at 5:16am

It’s definitely awesome that you can sort of categorize things into themes – this is definitely something that I could see myself doing on a rainy weekend day curled up on the couch…. or on a Friday night when I do most of my other bloggingy stuff :). Have a great week!!
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..my mirror mosaic wall

29. Hege commented
    June 1st, 2012 at 8:01am

I love your selection of pins! Have been following for a while now. Great blog! hx
    Hege´s last blog post ..A colourful home

30. Amy commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 3:59am

First off, thanks for the lovely man eye-candy! Mmmmm mmmm. That first collection is full of sweet colors, the sorbet and mint would be such a great baby girl’s room color collection as opposed to the traditional baby pink! The last collection with the dots and color blocking, the bright pops of color. I AM IN LOVE with that right now! Anything that makes me smile and happy is what I want around. I would have a huge grin on my face walking through that bright door every day. Thanks for all the inspiration and pretty things to look at!!!!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Now That’s Arm Candy!

31. las sandalias de ana commented
    June 21st, 2012 at 11:52am

ohhh. so beautiful!

;)

32. Abigail commented
    June 22nd, 2012 at 6:14am

#7 in the color-blocking and dots love batch is from Anthology magazine in fall 2010, possibly September. I saved it on my hard drive at the time and labeled dutifully. :)

33. Nicole commented
    July 8th, 2012 at 1:17am

All your pins are beautiful! But everything is obscured by the red hotness of Michael Fassbender!

34. sunny commented
    July 12th, 2012 at 5:44pm

great post! I too pinned long ago that photo of the girl in the red dress by the bookstore. Today I used http://www.tineye.com to track down the photo source. It’s a 2007 photo by William Garrett for Red Magazine. The rest of the editorial can be found here:

sunny´s last blog post ..workspaces