National Stationery Show Highlights

June 2, 2012

Hello, it is Leslie here with a few of my highlights from the National Stationery Show. Two weeks ago I was doing some work on the east coast and had an opportunity to stop by the National Stationery Show in New York for a couple hours. Holly and I thought it would be nice to share with you a few of the designers and business owners I met there. I must say there were so many extraordinary booths yet I was only able to talk to a handful of people. I hope you enjoy checking out some of these inspiring folks if you haven’t already!

National Stationery Show Highlights

Banquet Atelier & Workshop
I have seen the work of Tammy and Sarah before but it was wonderful to see it all displayed so beautifully at the show. Their booth was just stunning. I wanted to stand in it all day! The Banquet line is known for its’ intricate yet clean graphics with a playful focus on wildlife. I may have to get one of their prints for my son’s bedroom!

National Stationery Show Highlights

Coral & Tusk
I spent a long time examining the unique work of Stephanie Housley of Coral & Tusk. All her work is embroidered and her designs are so sweet and fun. The Coral & Tusk product line includes wall hangings, pillows, cards, softies and more. Any of the pieces could brighten up a corner of your home! There is lots to see on her website!

National Stationery Show Highlights

I enjoyed meeting Suann Song in her booth at the show. She is launching a new line called Ready Made, which will be available this summer. I loved all the library card references with cute pockets!

National Stationery Show Highlights

Sesame Letterpress & Design
Sesame Letterpress had a really elegant booth with a pretty grey background and white frames. Together this provided the perfect backdrop for all their colorful letterpress designs. I loved all the coasters and gift tags, as they would make beautiful hostess gifts! They are also coming out with a gorgeous line of journals in really bright jewel tones.

National Stationery Show Highlights

Susy Jack
Susan Connor’s booth caught my eye as I have admired her work online over the past few years. She is launching a pretty new Foodie line with coordinating kitchen towels and recipe cards. The recipe cards can be housed in a neat wooden box with a gorgeous hand scripted looking label.

National Stationery Show Highlights

East of India
I have been a longtime fan of the East of India line having purchased some of their products in London a couple years ago. They carry beautiful ribbons that make any wrapping look instantly charming. I also love all their mini boxes of stationery items: little pencils, clips, thumbtacks, twine and tags packaged perfectly. It is exciting to see that all these wonderful items will now be available in North America.

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing a few of my favorites. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

(images: leslie shewring)

You Might Also Like

• Reply desiree - vosgesparis June 2, 2012 at 1:42 am

Wow Loving East of India… so perfectly simple and natural Thanks for sharing and a very good weekend to you ;)

• Reply Gretchen June 2, 2012 at 2:15 am

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful images. I love stationery, and you picked some lovely ones to blog about. I will definitely be checking some of these out online, especially the bold prints with animals. My youngest son’s room has an animal “theme”, and I agree that a few of these would look great as framed prints.

• Reply Bobbi June 2, 2012 at 2:31 am

Oh I think I’d have an anxiety attack surrounded by so much lovely stationery! I wouldn’t know where to start and I’d want it all:)

• Reply Amberly @ The Good Life June 2, 2012 at 3:05 am

What a fun show! I enjoyed the variety of your favorites and I love how many designers incorporated animals into their stationary products – very cute! The embroidery collection is especially precious!

• Reply Femme Francophile June 2, 2012 at 4:39 am

I love reading your posts with all the great ideas, hints and tips.

I think there may be a typo in both the text and the title. Should it be ‘stationery’ rather than ‘stationary’?

Enjoy your weekend.

• Reply Emily Stowe June 2, 2012 at 6:21 am

Thanks for much for featuring Coral & Tusk! I had never heard of this company, but just fell in love with everything, and am most definitely going to be buying wedding gifts there!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang June 2, 2012 at 6:33 am

Oh, these are all stunning. Thank you for sharing all these great designers with us!

• Reply tinajo June 2, 2012 at 7:27 am

Such prettiness, I’m in awe! :-)

• Reply Tania June 2, 2012 at 7:56 am

Love any sort of paper crafts and all of these are drool worthy. My favorite though is the supplies from East of India. I work for one of the oldest companies in Hawaii and mixing in these vintage feel accessories with my authentic vintage metal paper trays (not the cheap stuff they make now) makes me feel happy to be at the office.

• Reply Anu June 2, 2012 at 10:02 am

Thanks for a very informative and interesting post! I will definitely check out all these lovely designers. East of India was totally new find for me, but their aesthetics really appeals to me! :) Thanks again for sharing!

• Reply Carol June 2, 2012 at 11:14 am

• Reply decor8 June 2, 2012 at 12:00 pm

Thank you everyone, I’ve since edited Leslie’s post to reflect “stationery” so it’s correct now. Thank you for your comments and emails!

• Reply Glenda Childers June 2, 2012 at 1:39 pm

I sometimes feel like I am the only one alive who still write letters. :-)
    These beautiful displays … make me glad I do.

• Reply Alison June 2, 2012 at 2:31 pm

Thanks for such an interesting post! Just discovered your site and added it to my bookmarks.

• Reply Alexandra June 2, 2012 at 6:45 pm

There’s something magic about pretty paper. And about little boxes filled with office supply. :)

• Reply ines June 2, 2012 at 9:31 pm

Sooooooo wonderful. Thanks for sharing. If I could, I would be costumer of all of these wonderful brands!

• Reply Maureen June 2, 2012 at 9:55 pm

I think I want it all!

• Reply Bouboulette June 2, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Waouh !!
    In love with the shop East of India !!
    Tank you !

• Reply Kristin Johnsen June 3, 2012 at 12:48 am

Thanks for this Leslie – so much eye candy! I love paper goods and now have some new favorites? Thanks so much for sharing- I’m off to new York this summer and hope to find some treasures like you have here!

• Reply Tracey Fisher June 3, 2012 at 4:48 am

Hi Leslie
    I love Little India as well. I found some of their stuff in Key West. Their little box of twine is so perfect – all the designers you featured are great. Thanks for sharing all your finds!

• Reply Charlotte June 3, 2012 at 2:24 pm

Beyond pretty. Thank you for sharing!

• Reply Mary Jo June 3, 2012 at 5:16 pm

Hi Leslie-
    I was at the show too…gosh, I would have loved to have met up. I was there checking out Surtex actually. I am thinking of exhibiting next year.
    Great photos of the show! Nicely done. Did you see Pawling? They were one of my favorites, and first time exhibitors.
    Mary Jo

• Reply Diane June 4, 2012 at 7:19 am

Wonderful post Leslie, thanks for sharing :)

• Reply Life Instyle June 4, 2012 at 8:54 am

We love East of India! Happy to have their range in Australia at our show!

• Reply decor June 4, 2012 at 1:06 pm

• Reply Ashley {GirlyObsessions} June 4, 2012 at 3:13 pm

This is a great roundup!! So inspiring!

• Reply Susy June 4, 2012 at 4:48 pm

It was such a treat to have you come by our booth, thank you! And, it’s a huge compliment to be up there with so much wonderful talent. It was exciting to see so many new ideas and designers at the show, and people really adding something unique to the paper category. Now I’m off to check out East India, too! : ) s

• Reply Melissa de la Fuente June 4, 2012 at 5:37 pm

Though I SO wish I could have been there when you were….I am glad you had a good time! :) I loved all of these too & had so much fun hanging in Susy’s booth, being a hanger-on. Your photos, as usual, are gorgeous hun! :)

• Reply Jessica @shimmerkai June 4, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Love those letterpress coasters, especially the nautical designs!

• Reply Sandra - If it comes in pink June 5, 2012 at 8:37 am

I looove the colors of the first one :D

• Reply dani press June 5, 2012 at 9:30 am

all of these look so incredibly amazing! wow. i will be a first time vendor at next year’s show and i cannot WAIT. so exciting! xo.

• Reply Geraldine Tan June 5, 2012 at 11:20 am

Hi Holly,
    These images are lovely. You have selected some really unique and inspiring designs. It is also really useful to find out about all the trade fairs out there for future reference. Enjoying BYW2.0. Geraldine x

• Reply Noon Designs June 5, 2012 at 5:36 pm

really nice stationary =D
    i wonder where do you manufacture them !?

• Reply Rebekah June 5, 2012 at 11:04 pm

Really wishing East of India had more images on their website! I’ve seen a few write ups of their NSS booth and want more, more, more.

• Reply Bonnie McCarthy June 5, 2012 at 11:39 pm

So Cool! Wish I were there! It really makes me want to introduce a line of stationary of my own!

• Reply julie @ tractorgirl June 6, 2012 at 2:24 am

Love those patterns on Suzy Jack! I <3 pattern…

• Reply Chrystina June 6, 2012 at 5:21 am

Great pictures, Leslie! I especially really love East of India, I’m going to have to check this out. I kept seeing the pictures come in on Instagram of the show… and the tweets!! Goodness gracious, what I would have done to be there. You have to be part of the trade though, right?

• Reply Silvia June 6, 2012 at 8:55 am

Hi I’m Silvia from Barcelona I love your blog is always a discovery to find places to delight the senses with beautiful things.

I’m starting my blog with small crafts and paintings on canvas, I invite you also to visit

thanks :)

• Reply Shabby Chic June 6, 2012 at 6:24 pm

I’m slightly obsessed with stationary and graphics. Wish I could have been there to see everything live…. although great shots! Thanks for sharing!

• Reply kalanicut June 6, 2012 at 6:37 pm

I’m not sure I could make it out of the stationery show alive. Too much beauty everywhere. Thanks for giving us a delicious taste!

• Reply Amanda June 6, 2012 at 9:41 pm

So many pretty things!! I’d get in major trouble if I went. I LOVE stationary!

• Reply Brittani June 6, 2012 at 10:09 pm

The stationary shown here are very lovely indeed. What’s your favorite in the national stationary show? Thanks for sharing this!

• Reply Gillian June 10, 2012 at 1:47 pm

Hi, great to see work from the stationery show in NY. I live in Australia so it is fantastic to have the opportunity to see other designers work.

• Reply Aline June 12, 2012 at 3:18 am

With Thanks and Love <3

• Reply Kelsey Deluise June 19, 2012 at 1:38 pm

So creative them all!

• Reply Kirsty June 24, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I’m particularly loving the SuzyJack* and the East of India items but they’re all amazing :)

How cute are those ribbons?!

• Reply Charmaine Velasco July 14, 2012 at 8:47 am

Hi, Holly! This collection of stationery is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing such amazing talent here. p.s. I am loving your new blog design. Even the typeface used for leaving a comment is pretty. Your exquisite details are impeccable.

• Reply alice smith April 6, 2013 at 12:19 am

woooow i love this style, and i have lots in my room.