National Stationery Show Highlights

Hello, it is Leslie here with a few of my highlights from the National Stationery Show. Two weeks ago I was doing some work on the east coast and had an opportunity to stop by the National Stationery Show in New York for a couple hours. Holly and I thought it would be nice to share with you a few of the designers and business owners I met there. I must say there were so many extraordinary booths yet I was only able to talk to a handful of people. I hope you enjoy checking out some of these inspiring folks if you haven’t already!

National Stationary Show Highlights

Banquet Atelier & Workshop
I have seen the work of Tammy and Sarah before but it was wonderful to see it all displayed so beautifully at the show. Their booth was just stunning. I wanted to stand in it all day! The Banquet line is known for its’ intricate yet clean graphics with a playful focus on wildlife. I may have to get one of their prints for my son’s bedroom!

National Stationary Show Highlights

Coral & Tusk
I spent a long time examining the unique work of Stephanie Housley of Coral & Tusk. All her work is embroidered and her designs are so sweet and fun. The Coral & Tusk product line includes wall hangings, pillows, cards, softies and more. Any of the pieces could brighten up a corner of your home! There is lots to see on her website!

National Stationary Show Highlights

Simplesong
I enjoyed meeting Suann Song in her booth at the show. She is launching a new line called Ready Made, which will be available this summer. I loved all the library card references with cute pockets!

National Stationary Show Highlights

Sesame Letterpress & Design
Sesame Letterpress had a really elegant booth with a pretty grey background and white frames. Together this provided the perfect backdrop for all their colorful letterpress designs. I loved all the coasters and gift tags, as they would make beautiful hostess gifts! They are also coming out with a gorgeous line of journals in really bright jewel tones.

National Stationary Show Highlights

Susy Jack
Susan Connor’s booth caught my eye as I have admired her work online over the past few years. She is launching a pretty new Foodie line with coordinating kitchen towels and recipe cards. The recipe cards can be housed in a neat wooden box with a gorgeous hand scripted looking label.

National Stationary Show Highlights

East of India
I have been a longtime fan of the East of India line having purchased some of their products in London a couple years ago. They carry beautiful ribbons that make any wrapping look instantly charming. I also love all their mini boxes of stationery items: little pencils, clips, thumbtacks, twine and tags packaged perfectly. It is exciting to see that all these wonderful items will now be available in North America.

I hope that you have enjoyed seeing a few of my favorites. Have a lovely weekend everyone!

(images: leslie shewring)

Posted by decor8 in stationery on June 02, 2012

1. desiree - vosgesparis commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 1:42am

Wow Loving East of India… so perfectly simple and natural Thanks for sharing and a very good weekend to you ;)
    desiree – vosgesparis´s last blog post ..Exclusive Piet Boon Concrete wallpaper Giveaway

2. Gretchen commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 2:15am

Thanks so much for sharing these beautiful images. I love stationery, and you picked some lovely ones to blog about. I will definitely be checking some of these out online, especially the bold prints with animals. My youngest son’s room has an animal “theme”, and I agree that a few of these would look great as framed prints.
    Gretchen´s last blog post ..Spring Fashion Show Sneak Peek

3. Bobbi commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 2:31am

Oh I think I’d have an anxiety attack surrounded by so much lovely stationery! I wouldn’t know where to start and I’d want it all:)
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Squeal!

4. Amberly @ The Good Life commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 3:05am

What a fun show! I enjoyed the variety of your favorites and I love how many designers incorporated animals into their stationary products – very cute! The embroidery collection is especially precious!
    Amberly @ The Good Life´s last blog post ..Recipe: Healthy Livin’ Lasagna!

5. Femme Francophile commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 4:39am

I love reading your posts with all the great ideas, hints and tips.

I think there may be a typo in both the text and the title. Should it be ‘stationery’ rather than ‘stationary’?

Enjoy your weekend.

6. Emily Stowe commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 6:21am

Thanks for much for featuring Coral & Tusk! I had never heard of this company, but just fell in love with everything, and am most definitely going to be buying wedding gifts there!
    Emily Stowe´s last blog post ..The wonders of rice cakes

7. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 6:33am

Oh, these are all stunning. Thank you for sharing all these great designers with us!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Insta-Friday…

8. tinajo commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 7:27am

Such prettiness, I’m in awe! :-)
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Coffee in the name of music!

9. Tania commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 7:56am

Love any sort of paper crafts and all of these are drool worthy. My favorite though is the supplies from East of India. I work for one of the oldest companies in Hawaii and mixing in these vintage feel accessories with my authentic vintage metal paper trays (not the cheap stuff they make now) makes me feel happy to be at the office.
    Tania´s last blog post ..A recipe for an unhappy life…

10. Anu commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 10:02am

Thanks for a very informative and interesting post! I will definitely check out all these lovely designers. East of India was totally new find for me, but their aesthetics really appeals to me! :) Thanks again for sharing!
    Anu´s last blog post ..Mint hues in interiors

11. Carol commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 11:14am

stationery?

12. decor8 commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 12:00pm

Thank you everyone, I’ve since edited Leslie’s post to reflect “stationery” so it’s correct now. Thank you for your comments and emails!

13. Glenda Childers commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 1:39pm

I sometimes feel like I am the only one alive who still write letters. :-)
    These beautiful displays … make me glad I do.
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..I heart Annie Sloan Chalk Paint

14. Alison commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 2:31pm

Thanks for such an interesting post! Just discovered your site and added it to my bookmarks.

15. Alexandra commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 6:45pm

There’s something magic about pretty paper. And about little boxes filled with office supply. :)
    Alexandra´s last blog post ..paloma’s nest

16. ines commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 9:31pm

Sooooooo wonderful. Thanks for sharing. If I could, I would be costumer of all of these wonderful brands!

ines
    ines´s last blog post ..ColorSpritzer

17. Maureen commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 9:55pm

I think I want it all!
    Maureen´s last blog post ..365/Project Life 12 week 19

18. Bouboulette commented
    June 2nd, 2012 at 10:25pm

Waouh !!
    In love with the shop East of India !!
    Tank you !
    Bouboulette´s last blog post ..T’es sourde ou quoi ?

19. Kristin Johnsen commented
    June 3rd, 2012 at 12:48am

Thanks for this Leslie – so much eye candy! I love paper goods and now have some new favorites? Thanks so much for sharing- I’m off to new York this summer and hope to find some treasures like you have here!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..New Theme: Ideation & Intent

20. Tracey Fisher commented
    June 3rd, 2012 at 4:48am

Hi Leslie
    I love Little India as well. I found some of their stuff in Key West. Their little box of twine is so perfect – all the designers you featured are great. Thanks for sharing all your finds!
    Tracey Fisher´s last blog post ..Wrap it up Thursday – Teacher Gifts

21. Charlotte commented
    June 3rd, 2012 at 2:24pm

Beyond pretty. Thank you for sharing!

22. Mary Jo commented
    June 3rd, 2012 at 5:16pm

Hi Leslie-
    I was at the show too…gosh, I would have loved to have met up. I was there checking out Surtex actually. I am thinking of exhibiting next year.
    Great photos of the show! Nicely done. Did you see Pawling? They were one of my favorites, and first time exhibitors.
    Mary Jo
    Mary Jo´s last blog post ..chipping sparrow nest

23. Diane commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 7:19am

Wonderful post Leslie, thanks for sharing :)

24. Life Instyle commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 8:54am

We love East of India! Happy to have their range in Australia at our show!

25. decor commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 1:06pm

gooooooooooooooooooooooooooood

26. Ashley {GirlyObsessions} commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 3:13pm

This is a great roundup!! So inspiring!
    Ashley {GirlyObsessions}´s last blog post ..Girly week in review.

27. Susy commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 4:48pm

It was such a treat to have you come by our booth, thank you! And, it’s a huge compliment to be up there with so much wonderful talent. It was exciting to see so many new ideas and designers at the show, and people really adding something unique to the paper category. Now I’m off to check out East India, too! : ) s

28. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 5:37pm

Though I SO wish I could have been there when you were….I am glad you had a good time! :) I loved all of these too & had so much fun hanging in Susy’s booth, being a hanger-on. Your photos, as usual, are gorgeous hun! :)
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Snippets & Inspiration

29. Jessica @shimmerkai commented
    June 4th, 2012 at 7:46pm

Love those letterpress coasters, especially the nautical designs!
    Jessica @shimmerkai´s last blog post ..Beach Towns: Crystal Cove

30. Sandra - If it comes in pink commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 8:37am

I looove the colors of the first one :D
    Sandra – If it comes in pink´s last blog post ..Visumansökan: Checked

31. dani press commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 9:30am

all of these look so incredibly amazing! wow. i will be a first time vendor at next year’s show and i cannot WAIT. so exciting! xo.

32. Geraldine Tan commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 11:20am

Hi Holly,
    These images are lovely. You have selected some really unique and inspiring designs. It is also really useful to find out about all the trade fairs out there for future reference. Enjoying BYW2.0. Geraldine x
    Geraldine Tan´s last blog post ..Elizabeth Duncker at Urban Outfitters UK

33. Noon Designs commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 5:36pm

really nice stationary =D
    i wonder where do you manufacture them !?

34. Rebekah commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 11:04pm

Really wishing East of India had more images on their website! I’ve seen a few write ups of their NSS booth and want more, more, more.

35. Bonnie McCarthy commented
    June 5th, 2012 at 11:39pm

So Cool! Wish I were there! It really makes me want to introduce a line of stationary of my own!
    Bonnie McCarthy´s last blog post ..In Studio: Salvage Design Company

36. julie @ tractorgirl commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 2:24am

Love those patterns on Suzy Jack! I <3 pattern…
    julie @ tractorgirl´s last blog post ..Food : Grandma’s beetroot patties

37. Chrystina commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 5:21am

Great pictures, Leslie! I especially really love East of India, I’m going to have to check this out. I kept seeing the pictures come in on Instagram of the show… and the tweets!! Goodness gracious, what I would have done to be there. You have to be part of the trade though, right?
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..free printable: basic types of salad

38. Silvia commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 8:55am

Hi I’m Silvia from Barcelona I love your blog is always a discovery to find places to delight the senses with beautiful things.

I’m starting my blog with small crafts and paintings on canvas, I invite you also to visit

thanks :)

Silvia

39. Shabby Chic commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 6:24pm

I’m slightly obsessed with stationary and graphics. Wish I could have been there to see everything live…. although great shots! Thanks for sharing!
    Shabby Chic´s last blog post ..Office Reno – King Street

40. kalanicut commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 6:37pm

I’m not sure I could make it out of the stationery show alive. Too much beauty everywhere. Thanks for giving us a delicious taste!
    kalanicut´s last blog post ..Striving For A Simple, Prioritized And Joyful Life

41. Amanda commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 9:41pm

So many pretty things!! I’d get in major trouble if I went. I LOVE stationary!

42. Brittani commented
    June 6th, 2012 at 10:09pm

The stationary shown here are very lovely indeed. What’s your favorite in the national stationary show? Thanks for sharing this!

-Brittani
    Brittani´s last blog post ..http://www.seductionfaq.com/blog/female-psychology/

43. Gillian commented
    June 10th, 2012 at 1:47pm

Hi, great to see work from the stationery show in NY. I live in Australia so it is fantastic to have the opportunity to see other designers work.

44. Aline commented
    June 12th, 2012 at 3:18am

With Thanks and Love <3

45. Kelsey Deluise commented
    June 19th, 2012 at 1:38pm

So creative ideas..love them all!
    Kelsey Deluise´s last blog post ..Raid 1 Data Recovery

46. Kirsty commented
    June 24th, 2012 at 10:12pm

I’m particularly loving the SuzyJack* and the East of India items but they’re all amazing :)

How cute are those ribbons?!
    xx
    Kirsty´s last blog post ..mani mondays: glitter fade nails

47. Charmaine Velasco commented
    July 14th, 2012 at 8:47am

Hi, Holly! This collection of stationery is gorgeous. Thank you for sharing such amazing talent here. p.s. I am loving your new blog design. Even the typeface used for leaving a comment is pretty. Your exquisite details are impeccable.
    Charmaine Velasco´s last blog post ..Nocturnal Skygazing + A Little Dose of Nostalgia Friday

48. alice smith commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 12:19am

woooow i love this style, and i have lots in my room.