MT Casa: XL Washi Tape For Decorating

I’ve got washi tape on the brain now after seeing Tina’s home, don’t you? Do you recall when just last year lots of bloggers were a-buzz with the news that Japanese washi tape company, MT Tape, had launched a line of super jumbo tape called MT Casa that you could use on your walls, ceiling, floor – anywhere and everywhere? I do. Do you remember this post from Hello Sandwich? She really got me exited over it. Then, as quickly as the buzz started, it died… blogs went silent and nothing else was mentioned again. Until now.

MT CASA

Seems it was super tricky to find MT Casa in the US and Europe but now that British writer Ellie Tennant visited French design fair Maison & Objet this past week and reported about it on her blog, I have hope that we just may see it becoming trendy (and available) very soon. This is so much fun! I’ve been talking about designing wallpaper for years and years that you can peel and stick for those who rent and this stuff could very well help those who lease property and want to personalize it without begging the landlord for paint and paper. TAPE IT UP!

MT CASA

Ellie reports on her blog, “Available in 5cm, 10cm or 20cm widths, the new tape is specifically designed for home decoration and, as if stripes on your surfaces aren’t exciting enough, there are 5cm diameter sticky polka dot spots available, too.” Check this kitchen out below. Wild, right!?

MT CASA

That’s a little over the top for me, but in moderation I can see this stuff really working. You can watch this crazy kitchen (above) come to life here via this video that MT Tape put on YouTube. What a riot! Apparently, you can stick it to cabinetry, floors, glass and appliances, too. If it comes in white, I can see applying it together with black for a funky graphic black and white floor. The idea of being able to cover a horrible floor in a rental apartment, like a 1970s avocado lino in a kitchen, is a delight – right!?

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

MT CASA

Ellie reports that this will also be on display soon in London at TOP DRAWER. Looks like we’ll be seeing MT Casa in stores soon, exciting!

(images: mt casa, ellie tennant and hello sandwich)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on September 11, 2012

1. vert foncé commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 11:47am

I love the washi tape!!!

Happy day
    vert foncé´s last blog post ..mini plantas

2. Rachel Poole commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 12:02pm

I adore washi tape and have recently discovered a little company that sell it in the UK, Superlovely http://www.superlovely.com/ I had a super lovely chat with the owner at the Farnham Maltings Monthly Market

3. Juliette commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 12:28pm

So funny b/c just this morning I was looking at a German online shop and noticed they sell the aqua dot wide version (23.5cm wide on a 5m roll) and I was thinking, huh, so I guess they’re selling the big stuff in shops now! =D

Here’s a link if anybody’s interested: http://www.geliebtes-zuhause.de/Wohnideen/Dekoration/Masking-Tape-wrap-dot-pale-blue::8942.html
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Roadside Kitsch: South of the Border

4. decor8 commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 12:57pm

Juliette thank you!
    And I love your new photo!!!!

5. Juliette commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 1:03pm

@decor8: Thanks! Tina took it for me. =)
    Juliette´s last blog post ..Roadside Kitsch: South of the Border

6. Lucianna Samu commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 1:25pm

I haven’t seen the Washi Tape before but I will be on the look out from now on. Thanks for sharing.
    Lucianna Samu´s last blog post ..Honesty IS the best policy

7. Ellie Tennant commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 1:35pm

Thanks for the mention Holly :)
    Ellie Tennant´s last blog post ..INSIDE THORNBACK & PEEL’S FIRST SHOP

8. Bethany commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 2:19pm

Has anyone who has used this on walls had luck removing it without damaging the walls? I had a pretty unfortunate experience with “removable” wallpaper in a rental apartment. I’d love to hear, if you have.

9. stephanie @ Baba Souk commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 3:01pm

It’s a washi tape frenzy!!

10. Kelly @ Studio DIY commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 3:49pm

Fingers crossed it’s available in the US soon too! Saw it again at the NYIGF and had high hopes someone would pick it up for their shop! On the lookout!
    Kelly @ Studio DIY´s last blog post ..DIY 3D Apple Place Cards

11. Cindy commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 4:07pm

Woow, xxl mt is great
    Cindy´s last blog post ..Home sweet home

12. Jenna commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 4:51pm

Does anybody know if this will be available in Canada or available to ship to Canada? Thanks!
    Jenna´s last blog post ..East of Adelaide

13. Ashley {GirlyObsessions} commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 6:13pm

I love all of these ideas! Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    Ashley {GirlyObsessions}´s last blog post ..Obsession Collection: Girly DSLR Camera Bags.

14. ines commented
    September 11th, 2012 at 9:27pm

Hi there!

What a lovely post. I met at the “kreativ” in Hamburg some very lovely ladies who sell the tapes as well here in Germany. If you like to have a look: http://www.my-risu.de/

Have a fab day, ines
    ines´s last blog post ..Washi-Tape

15. fenny setiawan commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:06am

This projects makes me happy :). I always love using Washi Tapes.

16. www.wishywashi.com commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 5:13am

We are so excited that it’s coming to the US in the very near future!

17. Eleanor commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 4:25pm

Okay. This could seriously change my life. We have been living with an awful AWFUL off-white linoleum floor in our odd shaped bedroom for years. If I could experiment with affordable, low-commitment 20cm wide washi tape it would revolutionize that room and could quite possibly end my carpet dilemma forever.

Oh please, please I hope this stuff is available soon! Thanks for the heads up!!!

18. Caisee commented
    September 12th, 2012 at 8:23pm

Oh my goodness this would be awesome! I have been staring at my walls wanting to paint/paper- but I lease and I plan on moving when it’s up, but I so want to do something like this! Hopefully it’s available in the US soon! I’d so buy it! LOTS of it! :)
    Caisee´s last blog post ..Isotope Mint Necklace by maddoxandklaus

19. craftyjapan commented
    September 19th, 2012 at 6:16am

We sell the entire range of mt casa if anyone needs :) Ship to anywhere in the world :D I just did my son’s bedroom in the Lime Green Washi spots – gorgeous!!

20. Lauren commented
    November 2nd, 2012 at 2:02pm

Has anyone been able to find the MT Casa XL tape in the US? I’ve attempted to contact Sweet Bella a few times but haven’t ever heard back. Wah!

21. Ashley commented
    March 24th, 2013 at 5:44pm

Here is a site I found that sells the Casa tape. I can’t where it is located, but I have ordered previously and the items arrive in 2 days or less! Great service and selection.

22. Lauren commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 4:27pm

I was hunting to see if anyone was using this for more than just wallpaper and came across your site. I’m about to buy some from http//www.mtcasa.com (they’re in the US) and wanted to see if anyone else is using it!

23. mt casa commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 3:56pm

Hi,

Yes, we are selling mt casa in the US now!

24. Jacki commented
    April 12th, 2014 at 4:07pm

I absolutely love those taped stairs, I’m really wishing I didn’t have carpeted stairs right about now!
    Jacki´s last blog post ..Trend Alert: Urban Deer Hunting

25. Jurgen commented
    July 15th, 2014 at 2:54pm

I love washi tapes since seeing them for the first time this year at ambiente. I don’t think it would holdup on floors though, also it would be interesting to know on which wall surfaces it can’t be used?

I would also imagine it could get very, very expensive pretty soon. Anyone have any experience in doing up a wall?