Designers + Stylists

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

November 14, 2012

Make it work! Are you a Project Runway fan? Who isn’t, right? Okay so maybe you know by now that the winner from last season was fashion designer Gretchen Jones (also a blogger!). Her rocker chic bohemian-ness is so cool I think but it goes wayyyy beyond her fashion sense – this lady lives how she feels and dresses – effortless style is just her way of life. I love her Brooklyn apartment, there is a massive spread on Refinery 29 today all about it with 24 photos so this is only a peeky peek. Her moody blue-gray walls make her artwork really stand out. I also like how she uses some of her canvas pieces as mini-ledges to display collected elements.

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

All of the art and pattern in her apartment is quite cool – very eclectic and anything goes. To see more photos, including her closet and bedroom, click here. These gorgeous photos were shot by Maia Harms.

(images: refinery29 & maia harms)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply caroline @trend-daily November 14, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I love this eclectic look- and it takes more talent to make it work than people think! She has a really great sense of style-will go and see more pics. Thanks for sharing Holly :-)

• Reply Gretchen November 14, 2012 at 5:28 pm

thanks so much for the love! Im super flattered and totally appreciate your support!
    XX
    gJ

• Reply Igor November 14, 2012 at 8:03 pm

Such a great home! I love how one can interpret the character of the owner by glancing at ones home…I see travels, passion, lust for life, interest in different cultures and traditions…

• Reply Ashley Wagar November 14, 2012 at 8:25 pm

Wow!! this is just a class one art gallery I have ever seen in my life..

• Reply Nathalie -worldly treasury- November 14, 2012 at 8:52 pm

What a cool and gorgeous eclectic style!

• Reply Deepa November 14, 2012 at 9:15 pm

Gretchen Jones actually won two seasons ago :)
    Lovely apartment!

• Reply Jill Seidner | Interior Design November 14, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Very cool! Love the eclectic and chic vibe, all the art too!

• Reply amy November 14, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I’ve always loved Gretchen’s fashion style. So fun to see how it transcends over to the design of her home.

• Reply Bethany November 14, 2012 at 11:26 pm

I remember Gretchen! I rooted for her all season long and was so happy when she won. In fact, I just caught a re-run last night, and was wondering what she was doing now. And now I know!

• Reply l o v e l y t h i n g s November 15, 2012 at 12:09 am

oh my…so much wonderful stuff going on in this room. I adore the tables side by side with useful and interesting things and the typewriter under one and the books…the fabric panels on each side of the fireplace…beautiful!
    annie

• Reply cynthia finnerman November 15, 2012 at 2:58 am

Love this look! So much more interesting than the cookie cutter, matchie, matchie type. But I also think it is more challenging to pull off successfully

• Reply Holly R November 15, 2012 at 8:30 am

You are so talented. Love your space–the grey is a perfect backdrop to pop great art! Love your outfit and your living room photo with the sweetest puppy! Would you mind telling me the breed? My kiddos have been dying to bring a new puppy home and yours looks like a perfect size and fit for our living room look to be complete, as is yours. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!

• Reply Lama November 15, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Really beautiful, its so busy but still simple enough to not look messy, with so much character!

• Reply EGEDENNE November 15, 2012 at 12:58 pm

Oh, I love the big picture between the two windows!

This is different! More of bohemian – hippie style please :)

• Reply Tracy A. November 15, 2012 at 1:18 pm

Very cool!

• Reply Jutta von Kreativfieber November 15, 2012 at 1:39 pm

Love this look :)

• Reply Lalita November 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm

I usually prefer a more minimalistic look for appartments. But I must say I find Gretchen’s apt very charming and inspiring. Much interesting details in every little corner and angle. Thumbs up for the photographer Maia Harms for the beautuful shots!

• Reply Melanie November 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

What a cool place! Putting small objects on a canvas “shelf” is such a great idea. Love her jewelry.

• Reply Tessa November 18, 2012 at 3:14 am

I like the way her sofa throw goes under the seat cushions and hangs below. Layers!

• Reply Gretchen November 18, 2012 at 9:03 pm

@Holly R:

Hi!
    He’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. SUPER GREAT breed for family. small, doesnt bark, playful, but not destructive. Harry is a rescue, so you dont HAVE to pay a ton for a good breed + you get to save a pup! XX

• Reply Kate November 28, 2012 at 12:30 am

love love LOVE that ring in the last photo. Gorgeous. Where can I get one????

• Reply Hazel March 14, 2013 at 10:19 pm

I’m a huge fan of PR and have watched every season :)
    Ivy was right. It was only a matter of time, the truth always comes to the surface.

• Reply Kathryn Pignon March 28, 2013 at 1:45 pm

Gretchen Jones did not deserve to even get to the finals of Project Runway!

She is a total fake, a real bitch with Michael during the project, criticizing the other designers, a total control freak who was responsible for her team losing once because she wanted to do everything.

• Reply Gustavo February 22, 2014 at 10:13 pm