Gretchen Jones & Her Cool Apartment

Make it work! Are you a Project Runway fan? Who isn’t, right? Okay so maybe you know by now that the winner from last season was fashion designer Gretchen Jones (also a blogger!). Her rocker chic bohemian-ness is so cool I think but it goes wayyyy beyond her fashion sense – this lady lives how she feels and dresses – effortless style is just her way of life. I love her Brooklyn apartment, there is a massive spread on Refinery 29 today all about it with 24 photos so this is only a peeky peek. Her moody blue-gray walls make her artwork really stand out. I also like how she uses some of her canvas pieces as mini-ledges to display collected elements.

Boho Rocker Chic

Boho Rocker Chic

Boho Rocker Chic

Boho Rocker Chic

Boho Rocker Chic

Boho Rocker Chic

All of the art and pattern in her apartment is quite cool – very eclectic and anything goes. To see more photos, including her closet and bedroom, click here. These gorgeous photos were shot by Maia Harms.

(images: refinery29 & maia harms)

Posted by decor8 in designers on November 14, 2012

1. caroline @trend-daily commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 4:54pm

I love this eclectic look- and it takes more talent to make it work than people think! She has a really great sense of style-will go and see more pics. Thanks for sharing Holly :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..Moodboards…

2. Gretchen commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 5:28pm

thanks so much for the love! Im super flattered and totally appreciate your support!
    XX
    gJ

3. Igor commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 8:03pm

Such a great home! I love how one can interpret the character of the owner by glancing at ones home…I see travels, passion, lust for life, interest in different cultures and traditions…
    Igor´s last blog post ..5 Happy Inspirations: A Boy’s Room

4. Ashley Wagar commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 8:25pm

Wow!! this is just a class one art gallery I have ever seen in my life..

5. Nathalie -worldly treasury- commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 8:52pm

What a cool and gorgeous eclectic style!
    Nathalie -worldly treasury-´s last blog post ..To have: kortingscode voor Cadeau.nl

6. Deepa commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 9:15pm

Gretchen Jones actually won two seasons ago :)
    Lovely apartment!
    Deepa´s last blog post ..People-watching in Granada

7. Jill Seidner | Interior Design commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 9:32pm

Very cool! Love the eclectic and chic vibe, all the art too!

8. amy commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 10:13pm

I’ve always loved Gretchen’s fashion style. So fun to see how it transcends over to the design of her home.

9. Bethany commented
    November 14th, 2012 at 11:26pm

I remember Gretchen! I rooted for her all season long and was so happy when she won. In fact, I just caught a re-run last night, and was wondering what she was doing now. And now I know!

10. l o v e l y t h i n g s commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:09am

oh my…so much wonderful stuff going on in this room. I adore the tables side by side with useful and interesting things and the typewriter under one and the books…the fabric panels on each side of the fireplace…beautiful!
    annie
    l o v e l y t h i n g s´s last blog post ..red, yellow & gold…thanksgiving table

11. cynthia finnerman commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 2:58am

Love this look! So much more interesting than the cookie cutter, matchie, matchie type. But I also think it is more challenging to pull off successfully

12. Holly R commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 8:30am

You are so talented. Love your space–the grey is a perfect backdrop to pop great art! Love your outfit and your living room photo with the sweetest puppy! Would you mind telling me the breed? My kiddos have been dying to bring a new puppy home and yours looks like a perfect size and fit for our living room look to be complete, as is yours. Thanks for sharing your talent with us!
    Holly R´s last blog post ..five pretty things

13. Lama commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:54pm

Really beautiful, its so busy but still simple enough to not look messy, with so much character!

Lama´s last blog post ..It’s just a cigarette and I’m sorry that I did it

14. EGEDENNE commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 12:58pm

Oh, I love the big picture between the two windows!

This is different! More of bohemian – hippie style please :)
    EGEDENNE´s last blog post ..rock me baby

15. Tracy A. commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 1:18pm
  16. Jutta von Kreativfieber commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 1:39pm

Love this look :)
    Jutta von Kreativfieber´s last blog post ..DIY Paletten Deko

17. Lalita commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 2:32pm

I usually prefer a more minimalistic look for appartments. But I must say I find Gretchen’s apt very charming and inspiring. Much interesting details in every little corner and angle. Thumbs up for the photographer Maia Harms for the beautuful shots!

18. Melanie commented
    November 15th, 2012 at 3:10pm

What a cool place! Putting small objects on a canvas “shelf” is such a great idea. Love her jewelry.
    Melanie´s last blog post ..Movember: Mustaches for Men’s Health

19. Tessa commented
    November 18th, 2012 at 3:14am

I like the way her sofa throw goes under the seat cushions and hangs below. Layers!

20. Gretchen commented
    November 18th, 2012 at 9:03pm

@Holly R:

Hi!
    He’s a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. SUPER GREAT breed for family. small, doesnt bark, playful, but not destructive. Harry is a rescue, so you dont HAVE to pay a ton for a good breed + you get to save a pup! XX

21. Kate commented
    November 28th, 2012 at 12:30am

love love LOVE that ring in the last photo. Gorgeous. Where can I get one????

22. Hazel commented
    March 14th, 2013 at 10:19pm

I’m a huge fan of PR and have watched every season :)
    Ivy was right. It was only a matter of time, the truth always comes to the surface.

23. Kathryn Pignon commented
    March 28th, 2013 at 1:45pm

Gretchen Jones did not deserve to even get to the finals of Project Runway!

She is a total fake, a real bitch with Michael during the project, criticizing the other designers, a total control freak who was responsible for her team losing once because she wanted to do everything.

24. Gustavo commented