I Heart Kerry Layton

One of my dear students, Geraldine Tan, visited this past weekend from London and gave me the most beautiful assortment of presents wrapped beautifully in Liberty paper. There was one very special gift that I instantly fell in love with – a print by English artist Kerry Layton who lives in North London. Geraldine picked it up for me while attending a recent exhibition by Kerry. For now it will sit on my gray cabinet in my work room to give me wonderful thoughts of Geraldine each time I pass by…

New art I love

Later, I hope to have it framed because a print so lovely deserves a special spot on my wall. Thank you Geraldine for such a thoughtful and spot-on present!

By the way, Kerry has a beautiful Etsy shop called Seventy Tree in case you’d like to take a peek…

(image: holly becker for decor8)

Posted by decor8 in Arts + Crafts on December 10, 2012

1. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:58pm

I love Kerry’s work – what a great gift! Looks perfect just there.
    Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl´s last blog post ..Snapshot: It’s beginning…

2. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 2:58pm

I love Kerry’s work – what a great gift! Looks perfect just there.-
    Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl´s last blog post ..Snapshot: It’s beginning…

3. Emily Henson/Life Unstyled commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:23pm

A beautiful print. But equally lovely is your grey cabinet – where is that from or did you paint it yourself? I love the clean, simple design.
    Emily Henson/Life Unstyled´s last blog post ..Whirlwind Weekend Ahead

4. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 3:52pm

So lovely and such a beautiful spot to be….I love that vase too, where is that from hun?
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Snippets & inspiration

5. decor8 commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:43pm

@emily – thank you! It’s from hkliving in the Netherlands!

6. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:43pm

such a lovely print. also, can you give any more information about that amazing bird cage lamp?
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Last Days in Paris

7. decor8 commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:44pm

@melissa: hello honey! :) I bought it at coming home interiors in Hannover where I live, I don’t know what the brand is though… It’s a vessel covered with heavy canvas in different colors.

8. Pilar Giménez Almalé commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:33pm

You’re right, it’s beautiful! :D

love,
    Pili.
    Pilar Giménez Almalé´s last blog post ..Dulce Regina (Sevilla)

9. Angela - anManufaktur commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 5:54pm

I like the color combination of your image. The muted colors with the pink and yellow of the birds.
    Angela – anManufaktur´s last blog post ..Style: ORIGAMI

10. Kerry Layton commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 7:18pm

Ahhh, how nice to see this, thank you Holly. I am very pleased you like it :)

11. Jennie Coulthurst commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 8:27pm

I love the bird lamp on the left of the photo. Can you share where it is from?

12. ELizabeth commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:19pm

I love this print. So much. I love the simplicity of it. But I love the over all color scheme of all of this! I’ll have to check out her Esty store. :)

13. barbara commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 9:25pm

Love everything in that photo!! :)
    barbara´s last blog post ..pink fever

14. Laura Gaskill commented
    December 10th, 2012 at 11:14pm

Such a pretty corner of your home, dear Holly! Seeing your little vignettes always brightens my day. :) xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Setting Intentions for the Holiday Season

15. deb commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 12:29am

Super love the bird lamp shade…. where did it come from?

16. Tracy A. commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 12:44am

Loved seventy tree’s site!

17. Geraldine commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 8:33am

I am so pleased you like the print and gifts. It looks so perfect on that cupboard and compliments the candlesticks and vase so well x
    Geraldine´s last blog post ..Blogging Your Way Studio with Holly Becker and Steffi Luxat – Part 2

18. Louisa Blackmore commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 8:05pm

The most perfect print and perfect in that spot!

Geraldine is such a fabulous blogger, love her to bits!

x

19. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 10:10pm

@deb: It’s a Mathieu Challieres lamp: http://www.challieres.com/produit.php?famille=18
    Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl´s last blog post ..Precious {Christmas} things: a series

20. Lottie :: Oyster & Pearl commented
    December 11th, 2012 at 10:11pm

@Jennie Coulthurst: It’s a Mathieu Challieres lamp: http://www.challieres.com/produit.php?famille=18

21. Amberly commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 7:38am

What a sweet gift! While I do believe it deserves a frame – it looks so great right where it is. Can’t wait to check out Kerry’s shop! I have been wanting to add some art to my Christmas list :)
    Amberly´s last blog post ..Gold & White Wonderland

22. Yours.ie commented
    December 12th, 2012 at 10:02am

I’ll definitely check Kerry’s shop! Beautiful photo :)

23. katie stephenson commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 3:11am

Can you comment on that metallic hide rug there in the background.? I love it.

24. Fatou commented
    December 13th, 2012 at 11:57pm

Hi Holly, I love that birdcage light. I’ve been wanting something like that for a while. Where did you get yours? Beautiful cabinet too!

Fatou

25. Alena D. commented
    January 30th, 2013 at 2:19am

just perfect! And I have to say you’ve got a great personal taste.

26. sharon commented
    October 15th, 2013 at 7:14pm

amazing bird cage lamp.I like the color combination, Looks perfect