Events + Markets

See You Tuesday!

January 12, 2013

I’m so glad it’s Friday! I’ve had a hard time getting my internet groove back this week but after writing my lecture for Monday’s keynote, I definitely can’t wait to go to Cologne to present and meet everyone – I’m ready! Bring it! We will have a great round-up of companies and international bloggers in attendance. I certainly hope that if you’re attending imm, that you’ll stop by and join us for #wearesocial (more details here). It is free to enter our social media love den, so don’t worry, we won’t be charging you to hang out with us. It would be lovely to welcome you!

See You Tuesday!

How has your week been? Lots of my friends had difficulties getting back into the swing of things, are you in that group too?  And how are your new year’s resolutions going? I’ve been so involved in other things that I totally forgot to write a list! My primary goal at the moment is to get through Monday and then I can really focus on the rest of the year because I’m a tad bit nervous (okay a lot!) especially since I’m speaking before such a diverse audience. Perhaps I should spend Monday morning at a good cocktail bar. That would make for a more entertaining discourse, I’m certain. ;)

On Monday, you can follow the lecture and panel online over at Twitter by following #wearesocial – and if you have questions for the panel on Monday, I’ll check Twitter as we go and if I see yours and if it’s relevant, I’ll ask our panel and credit you, of course! Our event is from 2-4 pm GMT +1 – not sure how many of my American friends will be up and tweeting then but I’d love to here from those in other parts of the world who are! Until then, be well!

And… If you are looking for decorating inspiration this weekend, be sure to refer to the beautiful Est magazine. This photos above is from issue no. 4 and it’s a stunner. Love Est!

(Photo: Lotte F via Est magazine)

• Reply Amy - Bead Bash January 12, 2013 at 12:46 am

Good luck on Monday. I would love to travel to one of these European events, but it will have to wait a while for me as I am due to give birth soon! I have been struggling with ideas and trying to get back into the swing of things this January too. I seem to be jumping from one thing to the next without much focus! I will be sure to follow on twitter :-)

• Reply Femke Dekker - ter Meulen January 12, 2013 at 12:52 am

Holly, I like to enroll on the e-course in March. I subscribed for the mailinglist. Is it right that there hasn’t been any mails yet? Femke

• Reply decor8 January 13, 2013 at 12:42 am

@Femke – Hello! Enrollment begins on February 1st so checked on February 1 and you will be able to do so. Thank you for asking, I can’t wait to teach again! This time, Irene Hoofs from Bloesem will be my co-teacher and I’m thinking to ask another lovely lady to join in… We will wait and see who it shall be!

• Reply Nichole January 12, 2013 at 1:10 am

I completely checked out (digitally) for the holidays and was just getting into the swing of things when the web debacle happened. But I am back in the groove and looking forward to a productive, fun year.

Have fun and good luck this weekend!

• Reply Desha Peacock January 12, 2013 at 3:06 am

Welcome back Holly! I hope you share your New Year’s List with us :)
    I don’t have a list, but a few projects that I’m very excited about and a one word theme which is LUCKY. I love the feeling of receiving unexpected miracles, even little ones- so Lucky is my theme. If you had just one word to describe how you want to feel this year, what would it be? xo

Also, you will rock it in Cologne- you’ve had lots of practice!
    xo Desha

• Reply Naturally Carol January 12, 2013 at 11:22 am

Hi Holly..I’ve just bought your book at our local store. I was very surprised to see it there being such a small town that I live in, here in Australia. I am enjoying it immensely, thank you Holly!

• Reply decor8 January 13, 2013 at 12:36 am

@Naturally Carol – Thank you so much for buying it – your support means so much! People are finding the book in the some of the most random places – this is yet another instance of that! So great!!! Is it Decorate or Decorate Workshop? How are you liking it so far?

• Reply Bianca January 12, 2013 at 12:29 pm

This living room is really cute! Love the pictures … and yes, I’m one of the persons who haveto get in swing again after the holidays …

• Reply Zoe January 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm

It’s so cute to hear you’re nervous ;) I’m sure Monday will be a blast and you’ll come back wondering what all the fuss was about…
    Have a wonderful weekend and an even better Monday!
    xo Zoe

• Reply Tracy A. January 12, 2013 at 1:38 pm

Thanks for sharing Est Magazine – it’s lovely! Good luck on Monday!

• Reply Gretchen January 12, 2013 at 2:01 pm

Good luck with your event, I’m sure you will do great! I have felt really inspired this new year. I’ve actually been blogging more. Instead of making a list of resolutions, I actually chose a word of the year, and my word is ASPIRE! Looking forward to lots of wonderful things this year. XO

• Reply Pilar January 12, 2013 at 5:43 pm

I’m totally on that group, it’s very difficult to get back on things after Christmas…. I was really waiting for the weekend to start! :)

Est magazine is great! :)

• Reply Valentina January 12, 2013 at 10:03 pm

Dear Holly,

first of all I think you do not have to be nervous, you will do great and everibody will be trilled :). Good luck.
    I allso forgot to write a list, I was ill and I’m again now, so my start in new year was nor right what I expected. But I’m sure the rest of the year will be great. It have to be, 13 is my lucky number ;)

• Reply l o v e l y t h i n g s January 13, 2013 at 3:16 am

I’m loving your new book…would love to get it autographed, but don’t think I can make it from NY to Cologne on Monday…any chance your book signings will bring you to the US? Just checked out EST magazine….gorgeous and yes, inspiring.

• Reply decor8 January 15, 2013 at 3:02 pm

@Lovelythings – Yes, I’ll be touring in May in the US! Where do you live?

• Reply Lisa Mende Design January 13, 2013 at 4:00 am

Good Luck on Monday! You will do great!!

• Reply Emily January 13, 2013 at 9:37 pm

Instead of making resolutions this year I have goals that I want to achieve, and I’m already taking baby steps towards them :)
    I’ve also been feeling very inspired this new year and hope it’s a good one :) not so sure about getting back into the swing of things though.. I haven’t done much revision yet for my January exams! haha x

• Reply Femke Dekker - ter Meulen January 14, 2013 at 10:19 am

@decor8: Thanks for your reply! I am a big fan of Irene, so can’y wait!

• Reply SonntagsFräulein January 14, 2013 at 8:44 pm

Dear Holly,

was so glad to follow your Blogging Panel today in such familiar atmosphere.
    Just transfered one of your tips to my Blog and added a photo (will work on About Me soon). It was so nice to meet you and I’m looking forward to your next Blogger conference to follow up.
    Have a nice time here in Cologne :-)

• Reply l o v e l y t h i n g s January 16, 2013 at 3:45 pm

May! That’s great…I live in the New York area…but willing to travel!