Shopping + Products

January 15, 2013

Hello friends! I’m back from imm Cologne and am so inspired by the panel of social media experts that I worked with while there that I can honestly say that NOW I have my blogging mojo back! I’m ready to take on the world again! I got the exact dose of energy that I needed at the perfect time so now I’m energized! I’m ready! Holly is BACK for 2013 and it feels great.

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

SO! Let me show you some things that I discovered while in Cologne for my very brief trip. A little hint is above… But you will need to keep reading to discover who lives in this lovely home. While at imm yesterday, my friend Steffi and I ran over to Design Post, a gorgeous permanent design (furniture & accessories) showroom located on the fairgrounds, for about 15 minutes per her suggestion. In that short amount of time I gathered a ton of inspiration (and a few really nice catalogs). Would you like to see some things that really stood out for me, including one product that made its debut yesterday at imm cologne?

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

While wondering the floor, I snapped these pics on my iPhone and shared them with my Instagram followers as I went along. You may be inspired by some of these bright and happy wall colors shown in my snaps because I sure was as I went about snappin’ and grabbin’ brochures and postcards as I went. I was in such a hurry that I had no time to chat with really anyone on the showroom floor but I did my best to capture as much inspiration in a short period of time as I could. I was on an inspiration mission, man.

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

I found brands that really stood out for me: Agape bathtubs, Moroso sofas and chairs, Hellen van Berkel pillows and poufs for Gelderland, and the debit of, “Ready Made Curtains”, DIY curtains designed for Kvadrat by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec. I also loved “The Rits” sofa designed by Bertjan Pot for Gelderland (you can see it in the first image in beige against the blue wall.)

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

First, let’s talk about sofas. Ahhhh, sofas. I have such an addiction to them. I could own a new one each year but that would be a bit expensive and materialistic of me. At Design Post, I was able to experience the wonderful world of Moroso sofas live and in person. I’ve seen the Redondo in photos online but a Pinterest pic has nothing next to the real thing – I couldn’t take my eyes away from the ravishing Redondo (in dove gray) designed by the amazing Patricia Urquiola. Can you see why?

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

Next, I really loved seeing (and touching!) the Ready Made Curtains designed by the Bouroullec brothers for Kvadrat. They came up with a clever solution to a common problem so many of us have fitting store bought curtains to windows of odd sizes (especially the case with older homes). Their curtains can be cut to length and when combined with simple wooden pegs and a “curtain rod” cord kit, you can install your own custom curtain and custom rod in a few hours. I googled to learn more about this system and found loads of info along with some great photos on Design Boom so click here for that – super cool!

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

A company I discovered for the first time at Design Post is Italian brand Agape and their gorgeous bathrooms. I also met their brand manager, she ended up coming to my lecture, so that was a nice bonus. My goodness, their bathtubs left a mark on my heart. They were all simply gorgeous – works of art that are also functional and very spa-like. I imagined sinking into them and felt all dreamy inside. Ahhhh. Now all I can dream about is owning one!

Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

A new textile designer was also discovered as I shopped around, Dutch textile designer, Hellen van Berkel. Irene from Bloesem ran a gorgeous interview with that you definitely must check out HERE complete with a home tour – a few glimpses are seen above and the image at the very top of this post is from Hellen’s lovely home!

What a great time I had in only 15 minutes and I discovered so many new things to inspire me. You only need a short period of time, an iPhone and determination to find something that catches your eye and before you know it, you will begin spotting all sorts of things if you go to a source that has things you suspect you’ll like.

Have a nice day everyone! Oh and if you want to see an interview that imm had with me you can look at this YouTube video for a 100 second chat with me about social media. (update: the link seems to be down, when imm replies to my tweet, I’ll let you know the new link!)

(images linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

26 Comments

• Reply Desiree January 15, 2013 at 9:18 pm

that curtain wire is amazing Thanks for pointing it out!

• Reply Rincy K January 15, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I am no longer a simple colour palette sort of girl. Bring on the bold. Bring on the colourful. The patterns at imm totally slayed me! Loved it and love your choices! That Agape bathtub is my dream :)

p.s.You were amazing at imm panel Holly! Lots of cuddles from me to you! Just posted a few pics. I only took like 10 photos due to a dying battery. Womp Womp. x

• Reply l o v e l y t h i n g s January 15, 2013 at 10:30 pm

wow…a well trained eye can accomplish and share quite a bit in 15 minutes! I love those tubs…especially the one that sort of reminds me of a wash tub, only extra long…which is perfect for a good long soak. The sofas are pretty great too!

• Reply Yvonne January 15, 2013 at 10:33 pm

The bathtub it’s so great! Goes direct on the wishlist for our new home!
    xo Yvonne

• Reply Tisha January 15, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I love how much you saw in such a short amount of time. What a great mix of inspiration!

• Reply Margarida January 15, 2013 at 10:57 pm

It’s all gorgeous!!! I must say that my favourite is the idea of mixing and matching rugs in the the same room.

• Reply Emma from My Bespoke Chair January 16, 2013 at 12:19 am

I’m totally with you on sofa love – though mine is more “chair love”. I have a house full of treasures collected, inherited and designed by me. Just had to sell a few to make room for more!

I could def find space for the Redondo armchair in grey though….sigh.

• Reply Nat @ Dear Little House January 16, 2013 at 12:28 am

Loving those teal walls… I think I’ve run out of walls to paint in bold colours though :p

• Reply Rosa Paula January 16, 2013 at 12:31 am

I loved the beautiful patterns! And Moroso! Yes, I’m a big fan!
    Thank you for all the inspiration!
    Have a nice week!

• Reply Tania January 16, 2013 at 1:28 am

Oh I’m so jealous! I wish I had been there too. I am realizing I need to plan a trip away from the land of rattan tropical print condo furniture and attend a design tradeshow sometime (I think Dwell’s event in LA is the closest to me).

Thank you for sharing on Decor8 as I’ve been a bit absent on IG of late.

Lovely picks.

• Reply WC Collective January 16, 2013 at 1:43 am

Love that sofa! Love that tub! Thanks for sharing – some great inspiration!

• Reply Marjory January 16, 2013 at 1:58 am

Totally agree that a visit to an inspiring place can shift so much energy. Love all the beautiful patterns in these spaces! Thanks for sharing all the beauty you find in your adventures.

• Reply Laura Gaskill January 16, 2013 at 3:27 am

Sounds like a fun & inspiring weekend…and I really want one of Hellen van Berkel’s lovely little cushions or poufs, they’re adorable! xo Laura

• Reply Lynda @HomeleaLass January 16, 2013 at 4:26 am

I’m loving the Agape baths! That’s exactly what we need for our bathroom.

• Reply Kathrin from Happy Home January 16, 2013 at 10:44 am

Thank you Holly for sharing. Amazing what you can accomplish in 15min!

I REALLY love the bathtub and the curtains are fantastic since finding that curtains (an the system to hang them) are so often overlooked.

• Reply rike January 16, 2013 at 12:19 pm

i’m totally in love with helen’s pot by klaas gubbel on her wall… wish to own one some day. for now a postcard has to be enough …

rike

• Reply Glenda Childers January 16, 2013 at 12:47 pm

Welcome back.

Fondly,
    Glenda

• Reply Iris Rietbergen January 16, 2013 at 2:50 pm

Love it all, what a great colours and materials! Very inspiring :-)!

• Reply Tabitha (From Single to Married) January 16, 2013 at 3:13 pm

Wow – that quilted couch looks amazing! Probably not very kid friendly (unfortunately for me) but lovely just the same. :)

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} January 16, 2013 at 3:14 pm

that bathtub is fabulous!

• Reply Nathalie -worldly treasury- January 16, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Wow, looks really amazing! Last time I went there was in 2006 and it wasn’t nearly as inspirational. Next year I must give it another try ;-)

• Reply Iris January 17, 2013 at 1:29 am

Hi Hollywood, THX for the nice post and photo’s ! My iPhone didn’t work well. So I have nog pictures. Loved designpost the most! And your 8 tips and all the information @wearesocial :-) THX à lot! I posted it in my blog. Also your interview. I hope to meet you again some day! Had to leave before the Q&A …

• Reply Franny January 17, 2013 at 9:47 am

Wow wonderful

• Reply Judith January 17, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Those Ready Made Curtains by the Bouroullec brothers are amazing! Thanks for sharing, Holly!

• Reply Julia January 19, 2013 at 12:29 pm

everything is so pretty! i love your blog :)

visit mine! and give some tips to a newbie if you can! thanks

• Reply sue January 20, 2013 at 9:44 am

great post. I tried to get to the imm today, but have been beaten by this terrible weather. Too risky. I hope to get there next year, and maybe on a trade day if I can get my Interiors business off the ground this year.