Favorite Things at Design Post in Cologne

Hello friends! I’m back from imm Cologne and am so inspired by the panel of social media experts that I worked with while there that I can honestly say that NOW I have my blogging mojo back! I’m ready to take on the world again! I got the exact dose of energy that I needed at the perfect time so now I’m energized! I’m ready! Holly is BACK for 2013 and it feels great.

Design Post Cologne

SO! Let me show you some things that I discovered while in Cologne for my very brief trip. A little hint is above… But you will need to keep reading to discover who lives in this lovely home. While at imm yesterday, my friend Steffi and I ran over to Design Post, a gorgeous permanent design (furniture & accessories) showroom located on the fairgrounds, for about 15 minutes per her suggestion. In that short amount of time I gathered a ton of inspiration (and a few really nice catalogs). Would you like to see some things that really stood out for me, including one product that made its debut yesterday at imm cologne?

Design Post Cologne

While wondering the floor, I snapped these pics on my iPhone and shared them with my Instagram followers as I went along. You may be inspired by some of these bright and happy wall colors shown in my snaps because I sure was as I went about snappin’ and grabbin’ brochures and postcards as I went. I was in such a hurry that I had no time to chat with really anyone on the showroom floor but I did my best to capture as much inspiration in a short period of time as I could. I was on an inspiration mission, man.

Design Post Cologne

I found brands that really stood out for me: Agape bathtubs, Moroso sofas and chairs, Hellen van Berkel pillows and poufs for Gelderland, and the debit of, “Ready Made Curtains”, DIY curtains designed for Kvadrat by Ronan & Erwan Bouroullec. I also loved “The Rits” sofa designed by Bertjan Pot for Gelderland (you can see it in the first image in beige against the blue wall.)

Design Post Cologne

Design Post Cologne

First, let’s talk about sofas. Ahhhh, sofas. I have such an addiction to them. I could own a new one each year but that would be a bit expensive and materialistic of me. At Design Post, I was able to experience the wonderful world of Moroso sofas live and in person. I’ve seen the Redondo in photos online but a Pinterest pic has nothing next to the real thing – I couldn’t take my eyes away from the ravishing Redondo (in dove gray) designed by the amazing Patricia Urquiola. Can you see why?

Design Post Cologne

Design Post Cologne

Next, I really loved seeing (and touching!) the Ready Made Curtains designed by the Bouroullec brothers for Kvadrat. They came up with a clever solution to a common problem so many of us have fitting store bought curtains to windows of odd sizes (especially the case with older homes). Their curtains can be cut to length and when combined with simple wooden pegs and a “curtain rod” cord kit, you can install your own custom curtain and custom rod in a few hours. I googled to learn more about this system and found loads of info along with some great photos on Design Boom so click here for that – super cool!

Design Post Cologne

Design Post Cologne

A company I discovered for the first time at Design Post is Italian brand Agape and their gorgeous bathrooms. I also met their brand manager, she ended up coming to my lecture, so that was a nice bonus. My goodness, their bathtubs left a mark on my heart. They were all simply gorgeous – works of art that are also functional and very spa-like. I imagined sinking into them and felt all dreamy inside. Ahhhh. Now all I can dream about is owning one!

Design Post Cologne

Design Post

A new textile designer was also discovered as I shopped around, Dutch textile designer, Hellen van Berkel. Irene from Bloesem ran a gorgeous interview with that you definitely must check out HERE complete with a home tour – a few glimpses are seen above and the image at the very top of this post is from Hellen’s lovely home!

What a great time I had in only 15 minutes and I discovered so many new things to inspire me. You only need a short period of time, an iPhone and determination to find something that catches your eye and before you know it, you will begin spotting all sorts of things if you go to a source that has things you suspect you’ll like.

Have a nice day everyone! Oh and if you want to see an interview that imm had with me you can look at this YouTube video for a 100 second chat with me about social media. (update: the link seems to be down, when imm replies to my tweet, I’ll let you know the new link!)

(images linked to their sources above.)

Posted by decor8 in shopping on January 15, 2013

1. Desiree commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:18pm

that curtain wire is amazing Thanks for pointing it out!
    Desiree´s last blog post ..Tine K Spring-Summer collection

2. Rincy K commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 9:46pm

I am no longer a simple colour palette sort of girl. Bring on the bold. Bring on the colourful. The patterns at imm totally slayed me! Loved it and love your choices! That Agape bathtub is my dream :)

p.s.You were amazing at imm panel Holly! Lots of cuddles from me to you! Just posted a few pics. I only took like 10 photos due to a dying battery. Womp Womp. x
    Rincy K´s last blog post ..We are social

3. l o v e l y t h i n g s commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:30pm

wow…a well trained eye can accomplish and share quite a bit in 15 minutes! I love those tubs…especially the one that sort of reminds me of a wash tub, only extra long…which is perfect for a good long soak. The sofas are pretty great too!
    l o v e l y t h i n g s´s last blog post ..Glassybaby love

4. Yvonne commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:33pm

The bathtub it’s so great! Goes direct on the wishlist for our new home!
    xo Yvonne
    Yvonne´s last blog post ..Von Treppen und Schuhschränken

5. Tisha commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:41pm

I love how much you saw in such a short amount of time. What a great mix of inspiration!

6. Margarida commented
    January 15th, 2013 at 10:57pm

It’s all gorgeous!!! I must say that my favourite is the idea of mixing and matching rugs in the the same room.
    Margarida´s last blog post ..Think pink and…

7. Emma from My Bespoke Chair commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 12:19am

I’m totally with you on sofa love – though mine is more “chair love”. I have a house full of treasures collected, inherited and designed by me. Just had to sell a few to make room for more!

I could def find space for the Redondo armchair in grey though….sigh.

8. Nat @ Dear Little House commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 12:28am

Loving those teal walls… I think I’ve run out of walls to paint in bold colours though :p
    Nat @ Dear Little House´s last blog post ..The bathroom is going in!

9. Rosa Paula commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 12:31am

I loved the beautiful patterns! And Moroso! Yes, I’m a big fan!
    Thank you for all the inspiration!
    Have a nice week!
    Rosa Paula´s last blog post ..Embalagem delicada em tecido

10. Tania commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 1:28am

Oh I’m so jealous! I wish I had been there too. I am realizing I need to plan a trip away from the land of rattan tropical print condo furniture and attend a design tradeshow sometime (I think Dwell’s event in LA is the closest to me).

Thank you for sharing on Decor8 as I’ve been a bit absent on IG of late.

Lovely picks.
    Tania´s last blog post ..Obsessed with Gilt…Workspace

11. WC Collective commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 1:43am

Love that sofa! Love that tub! Thanks for sharing – some great inspiration!

12. Marjory commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 1:58am

Totally agree that a visit to an inspiring place can shift so much energy. Love all the beautiful patterns in these spaces! Thanks for sharing all the beauty you find in your adventures.
    Marjory´s last blog post ..Plants dance with the secret language of flow

13. Laura Gaskill commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 3:27am

Sounds like a fun & inspiring weekend…and I really want one of Hellen van Berkel’s lovely little cushions or poufs, they’re adorable! xo Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..A Charmed Life in Brooklyn {Miranda Brooks}

14. Lynda @HomeleaLass commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 4:26am

I’m loving the Agape baths! That’s exactly what we need for our bathroom.
    Lynda @HomeleaLass´s last blog post ..New Year, New Start, Fresh Start – every Saturday

15. Kathrin from Happy Home commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 10:44am

Thank you Holly for sharing. Amazing what you can accomplish in 15min!

I REALLY love the bathtub and the curtains are fantastic since finding that curtains (an the system to hang them) are so often overlooked.
    Kathrin from Happy Home´s last blog post ..Ist das Kunst oder kann das weg?

16. rike commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 12:19pm

i’m totally in love with helen’s pot by klaas gubbel on her wall… wish to own one some day. for now a postcard has to be enough …

rike
    rike´s last blog post ..■ new flatmates

17. Glenda Childers commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 12:47pm

Welcome back.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..My top ten ways to make sisterhood friends

18. Iris Rietbergen commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 2:50pm

Love it all, what a great colours and materials! Very inspiring :-)!

19. Tabitha (From Single to Married) commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 3:13pm

Wow – that quilted couch looks amazing! Probably not very kid friendly (unfortunately for me) but lovely just the same. :)
    Tabitha (From Single to Married)´s last blog post ..Is it March Yet?

20. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 3:14pm

that bathtub is fabulous!
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Words to Live By

21. Nathalie -worldly treasury- commented
    January 16th, 2013 at 7:18pm

Wow, looks really amazing! Last time I went there was in 2006 and it wasn’t nearly as inspirational. Next year I must give it another try ;-)
    Nathalie -worldly treasury-´s last blog post ..Next destination: Rome!

22. Iris commented
    January 17th, 2013 at 1:29am

Hi Hollywood, THX for the nice post and photo’s ! My iPhone didn’t work well. So I have nog pictures. Loved designpost the most! And your 8 tips and all the information @wearesocial :-) THX à lot! I posted it in my blog. Also your interview. I hope to meet you again some day! Had to leave before the Q&A …
    Iris´s last blog post ..IMM Cologne 2013 | We Are Social | Holly Becker | Decor8

23. Franny commented
    January 17th, 2013 at 9:47am

Wow wonderful
    Franny´s last blog post ..Die fabelhafte Welt der Amanda Mocci

24. Judith commented
    January 17th, 2013 at 12:12pm

Those Ready Made Curtains by the Bouroullec brothers are amazing! Thanks for sharing, Holly!
    Judith´s last blog post ..A tiny winter harvest

25. Julia commented
    January 19th, 2013 at 12:29pm

everything is so pretty! i love your blog :)

visit mine! and give some tips to a newbie if you can! thanks
    Julia´s last blog post ..Brabbu an Maison & Objet 2013

26. sue commented
    January 20th, 2013 at 9:44am

great post. I tried to get to the imm today, but have been beaten by this terrible weather. Too risky. I hope to get there next year, and maybe on a trade day if I can get my Interiors business off the ground this year.