Color & Pattern For Spring

I am ready for color and pattern this spring like never before. In fact, I just narrowed down the palette that I’m going to use in my home decor for Spring/Summer, I’ll share it later this week. I’m SO finished with winter weather, aren’t you!? It felt great packing away my winter decorations over the weekend. I couldn’t fill the storage box fast enough. I’m ready for outdoor picnics and concerts (especially David Guetta whom I’m seeing in June and our annual maschseefest) along with country drives with the sunroof open the music high and lots of weekend getaways. The thought of what springtime brings makes me feel so good. I think that’s why I loved these images shot by photographer Jon Day for Heart Home magazine’s latest edition which releases to the public online this Thursday. I thought I’d give you a sneak peek to share the feature that stood out the most for me because the colors are super energetic and bright which put me in the best of moods.

COLOR ALERT!

I like the ideas that I have spinning around in my head after seeing them – especially the clouds made out of, what appears to be wallpaper, perked me up too. I’d love to try making balloon silhouettes instead of clouds to use at a party.

COLOR ALERT!

COLOR ALERT!

COLOR ALERT!

COLOR ALERT!

COLOR ALERT!

To learn more about this story and to see where all of the beautiful products come from, you’ll need to wait until Thursday and then go to the Heart Home website to check out the Spring issue. I know, I know… They are such a tease! But hey, it’s fun to have something to look forward to right? Plus, I spot a few pillows I have to know more about so I think it’s worth the weight.

Thank you Heart Home for the inspiration in your latest issue!

(images: jon day)

Posted by decor8 in Books + Magazines on March 05, 2013

1. janika R commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 3:49pm

Lovely Post…I love all those pillows and that balloon house …..

janika R´s last blog post ..Hello Liberty..

2. Molly Watson commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 4:53pm

Today is our 2nd sunny day, and I hope Spring is on it’s way here in Bitburg, Germany! I loved logging on and seeing all the color here {as usual}, as the sun shines through my windows. It sparks my motivation to create some Spring color in my own home. Keep the color coming…just love checking out what you have to share with us to keep us smiling :) Happy Tuesday! ~Molly from Mollykid Studios

3. Beccy commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 5:10pm

Great spring colours. I just love the clouds, brighten any day!

Beccy

4. beingoncloud9 commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 5:32pm

Thanks for sharing, Holly! These funny clouds sprang into my eyes right away, I just wanna make something with them now! :) What a cool idea to do balloons instead, too… actually, we see balloons here in Bristol all summer long, it’s famous for its many balloons that hang over Bristol Suspension Bridge, and there is a balloon festival where they even light them up at night.

A nice inspiration, this was… thanks, Christine
    beingoncloud9´s last blog post ..Anthropologie Inspires: Spring 2013

5. Susan commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 5:40pm

Gorgeous images! Amazing colors! Thanks!

Susan

6. bine commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 6:03pm

Beautiful pictures! I like the pillows, love the clouds. Nice ideas!

7. AmberZonbie commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 6:42pm

Love all of the bold pretty colors! Styled beautifully!

8. Staci commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:21pm

I’m so ready for Spring, these images make me happy, thanks for sharing!

9. Elmer from Elmer Pools commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 7:49pm

I’m looking forward to spring time! Thanks for the post. I’m always happy to be reminded that it’s just around the corner.
    Elmer from Elmer Pools´s last blog post ..Sandie Davis

10. Carole commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:30pm

Thanks Holly, you are such a sweetheart. We are so glad you like the feature.

Carole x
    Carole´s last blog post ..Emily Burningham’s New Collection

11. jo commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:31pm

That feline with all the pillows is gorgeous. I’m a sucker for a cat and some pattern x
    jo´s last blog post ..Floral Doodle – Flowers with Yellow Stripes – Archival A4 Print from original illustration by StudioLegohead

12. Bodil commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:37pm

Gorgeous photos. The balloon house is so adorable and love the picture of the cat on the stairs.

LOVE BO

13. sharon commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:49pm

Auhhh!!! Bright colors just put me in the best mood. Thanks I needed that.
    sharon´s last blog post ..Link party Tuesday

14. Lauren commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 8:53pm

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for the Inspiring Blog Award! I love your blog and find it to be very inspirational! Check out more here…
    Lauren´s last blog post ..A Little Bit of Sunshine

15. Miranti | pen & peplum commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 9:32pm

The colour palette and prints in the first image are just delightful! Definitely a good antidote to winter :)
    Miranti | pen & peplum´s last blog post ..Today is the first step

16. Tracy commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 10:15pm

Can’t wait for Thursday, as there are several pillows there I’d like to have! Also love the idea of wallpaper balloons as decorations! Happy colors! Happy post! It is spitting a mix of ice and rain here in Virginia, and I am SO ready for spring! This post brightened my day!
    Tracy´s last blog post ..Coastal Decor Art Prints – YOUR CHOICE of three by MakingHappy

17. Olivia commented
    March 5th, 2013 at 11:06pm

I love the pillows! Cute!
    Olivia´s last blog post ..Green Design Taking it to work

18. Steph commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 1:41am

Aw love those pillows and kitty:-)…and it’s ‘wait’.

19. Luz commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 5:18am

God thats so colorful, and made my eyes sparked. Thanks for the pictured
    Luz´s last blog post ..Chaise Lounge Slipcover – Making the Furniture Look Cool and Comfortable!

20. Miss Drawingdream commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 8:16am

I absolutely love the pillows with their bright colours! :)

Miss Drawingdream
    Miss Drawingdream´s last blog post ..Sailing again

21. Terbaru Online 2013 commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 8:59am

Nice Pic sist :)
    I Like it
    Terbaru Online 2013´s last blog post ..Software Toko Online di Jejualan.com

22. Daniel Nelson commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 12:53pm

Thanks Holly. Really pleased that it made you feel ready for Spring. We did our job then!

We really loved making this issue – and watch this space for some exciting plans for 2013!

Daniel + Heart Home team x
    Daniel Nelson´s last blog post ..Book Corner: Undecorate

23. Anne Marie commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 4:04pm

Oh I love that collection of pillows! So much life and vigor.
    Anne Marie´s last blog post ..Redesigning my blog

24. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    March 6th, 2013 at 4:19pm

gorgeous photos! especially loving the first of the adorable clouds. i can always count on your blog to brighten up a dreary winter day!
    Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Italian Royalty

25. interiorsdesign.blog.com commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 2:31pm

Ohhh, I want spring so much. Lovely colors, great pics. Regards
    interiorsdesign.blog.com´s last blog post ..MUST HAVE

26. Lucy @ bloompapers.com commented
    March 7th, 2013 at 7:34pm

The first photo is a wonderful way to use up left over wallpapers – we’re always being asked for those kind of tips from our customers! Will share! Thank you!

27. Cotton & Rust commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 4:09am

I absolutely love your posts, you make me desperately want to live abroad because it seems the design over in europe is incredible…how do you find inspiration or ideas for all your posts?? :)

28. ombre commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 8:40am

merci pour ces jolies photos et pour les nuages . j’ai envie de les refaire chez moi ;
    ombre´s last blog post ..Nécessaire à couture brodé “petite fille”.

29. Chrystina commented
    March 8th, 2013 at 7:29pm

I 100% know what you mean. I actually just decorated the backsplash of my office desk with pretty colorful happy yellow/gray/silver/white paper with flowers on it to make me smile more throughout the day. Such beautiful pictures.
    Chrystina´s last blog post ..these moments really happened

30. Mary Lawson commented
    March 9th, 2013 at 6:01am

Yay. My favorite part of Spring coming around every year is bright colors coming back around again. I like the way that you incorporated the pattern mixing of this season.
    Mary Lawson´s last blog post ..2013-2014 Ice Cream Planner by studiopop

31. Christian Brothers Roofing commented
    March 11th, 2013 at 11:09pm

Great images! I love springtime and spring decorations. Time to brighten up the house!
    Christian Brothers Roofing´s last blog post ..What The Heavy Snow Means for You

32. vps commented
    March 14th, 2013 at 4:11pm

This blog is amazing. I realy like it!

33. kidsdinge commented