Books + Magazines

Color & Pattern For Spring

March 5, 2013

I am ready for color and pattern this spring like never before. In fact, I just narrowed down the palette that I’m going to use in my home decor for Spring/Summer, I’ll share it later this week. I’m SO finished with winter weather, aren’t you!? It felt great packing away my winter decorations over the weekend. I couldn’t fill the storage box fast enough. I’m ready for outdoor picnics and concerts (especially David Guetta whom I’m seeing in June and our annual maschseefest) along with country drives with the sunroof open the music high and lots of weekend getaways. The thought of what springtime brings makes me feel so good. I think that’s why I loved these images shot by photographer Jon Day for Heart Home magazine’s latest edition which releases to the public online this Thursday. I thought I’d give you a sneak peek to share the feature that stood out the most for me because the colors are super energetic and bright which put me in the best of moods.

Color & Pattern For Spring

I like the ideas that I have spinning around in my head after seeing them – especially the clouds made out of, what appears to be wallpaper, perked me up too. I’d love to try making balloon silhouettes instead of clouds to use at a party.

Color & Pattern For Spring

Color & Pattern For Spring

Color & Pattern For Spring

Color & Pattern For Spring

Color & Pattern For Spring

To learn more about this story and to see where all of the beautiful products come from, you’ll need to wait until Thursday and then go to the Heart Home website to check out the Spring issue. I know, I know… They are such a tease! But hey, it’s fun to have something to look forward to right? Plus, I spot a few pillows I have to know more about so I think it’s worth the weight.

Thank you Heart Home for the inspiration in your latest issue!

(images: jon day)

You Might Also Like

• Reply janika R March 5, 2013 at 3:49 pm

Lovely Post…I love all those pillows and that balloon house …..

• Reply Molly Watson March 5, 2013 at 4:53 pm

Today is our 2nd sunny day, and I hope Spring is on it’s way here in Bitburg, Germany! I loved logging on and seeing all the color here {as usual}, as the sun shines through my windows. It sparks my motivation to create some Spring color in my own home. Keep the color coming…just love checking out what you have to share with us to keep us smiling :) Happy Tuesday! ~Molly from Mollykid Studios

• Reply Beccy March 5, 2013 at 5:10 pm

Great spring colours. I just love the clouds, brighten any day!

• Reply beingoncloud9 March 5, 2013 at 5:32 pm

Thanks for sharing, Holly! These funny clouds sprang into my eyes right away, I just wanna make something with them now! :) What a cool idea to do balloons instead, too… actually, we see balloons here in Bristol all summer long, it’s famous for its many balloons that hang over Bristol Suspension Bridge, and there is a balloon festival where they even light them up at night.

A nice inspiration, this was… thanks, Christine

• Reply Susan March 5, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Gorgeous images! Amazing colors! Thanks!

• Reply bine March 5, 2013 at 6:03 pm

Beautiful pictures! I like the pillows, love the clouds. Nice ideas!

• Reply AmberZonbie March 5, 2013 at 6:42 pm

Love all of the bold pretty colors! Styled beautifully!

• Reply Staci March 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm

I’m so ready for Spring, these images make me happy, thanks for sharing!

• Reply Elmer from Elmer Pools March 5, 2013 at 7:49 pm

I’m looking forward to spring time! Thanks for the post. I’m always happy to be reminded that it’s just around the corner.

• Reply Carole March 5, 2013 at 8:30 pm

Thanks Holly, you are such a sweetheart. We are so glad you like the feature.

Carole x

• Reply jo March 5, 2013 at 8:31 pm

That feline with all the pillows is gorgeous. I’m a sucker for a cat and some pattern x

• Reply Bodil March 5, 2013 at 8:37 pm

Gorgeous photos. The balloon house is so adorable and love the picture of the cat on the stairs.

• Reply sharon March 5, 2013 at 8:49 pm

Auhhh!!! Bright colors just put me in the best mood. Thanks I needed that.

• Reply Lauren March 5, 2013 at 8:53 pm

Hi! I just wanted to let you know that I’ve nominated you for the Inspiring Blog Award! I love your blog and find it to be very inspirational! Check out more here…

• Reply Miranti | pen & peplum March 5, 2013 at 9:32 pm

The colour palette and prints in the first image are just delightful! Definitely a good antidote to winter :)

• Reply Tracy March 5, 2013 at 10:15 pm

Can’t wait for Thursday, as there are several pillows there I’d like to have! Also love the idea of wallpaper balloons as decorations! Happy colors! Happy post! It is spitting a mix of ice and rain here in Virginia, and I am SO ready for spring! This post brightened my day!

• Reply Olivia March 5, 2013 at 11:06 pm

I love the pillows! Cute!

• Reply Steph March 6, 2013 at 1:41 am

Aw love those pillows and kitty:-)…and it’s ‘wait’.

• Reply Luz March 6, 2013 at 5:18 am

God thats so colorful, and made my eyes sparked. Thanks for the pictured

• Reply Miss Drawingdream March 6, 2013 at 8:16 am

I absolutely love the pillows with their bright colours! :)

Miss Drawingdream

• Reply Terbaru Online 2013 March 6, 2013 at 8:59 am

Nice Pic sist :)
    I Like it

• Reply Daniel Nelson March 6, 2013 at 12:53 pm

Thanks Holly. Really pleased that it made you feel ready for Spring. We did our job then!

We really loved making this issue – and watch this space for some exciting plans for 2013!

Daniel + Heart Home team x

• Reply Anne Marie March 6, 2013 at 4:04 pm

Oh I love that collection of pillows! So much life and vigor.

• Reply Molly {Dreams in HD} March 6, 2013 at 4:19 pm

gorgeous photos! especially loving the first of the adorable clouds. i can always count on your blog to brighten up a dreary winter day!

• Reply March 7, 2013 at 2:31 pm

Ohhh, I want spring so much. Lovely colors, great pics. Regards

• Reply Lucy @ March 7, 2013 at 7:34 pm

The first photo is a wonderful way to use up left over wallpapers – we’re always being asked for those kind of tips from our customers! Will share! Thank you!

• Reply Cotton & Rust March 8, 2013 at 4:09 am

I absolutely love your posts, you make me desperately want to live abroad because it seems the design over in europe is incredible…how do you find inspiration or ideas for all your posts?? :)

• Reply ombre March 8, 2013 at 8:40 am

merci pour ces jolies photos et pour les nuages . j’ai envie de les refaire chez moi ;

• Reply Chrystina March 8, 2013 at 7:29 pm

I 100% know what you mean. I actually just decorated the backsplash of my office desk with pretty colorful happy yellow/gray/silver/white paper with flowers on it to make me smile more throughout the day. Such beautiful pictures.

• Reply Mary Lawson March 9, 2013 at 6:01 am

Yay. My favorite part of Spring coming around every year is bright colors coming back around again. I like the way that you incorporated the pattern mixing of this season.

• Reply Christian Brothers Roofing March 11, 2013 at 11:09 pm

Great images! I love springtime and spring decorations. Time to brighten up the house!

• Reply vps March 14, 2013 at 4:11 pm

This blog is amazing. I realy like it!

• Reply kidsdinge April 22, 2013 at 7:50 pm