Stylist Kim Timmerman

Have you ever been on Pinterest (follow me here!) when, almost suddenly, a bunch of your contacts start pinning the same image, but they aren’t even following each other?!? What??!  You click and click and cannot figure out how or what inspired the massive click-a-thon because it couldn’t possibly be chance… Well, whatever the cause, this happened to me today and though I have no clue what inspired the sudden click fest, I decided to write about the person behind the photo on my blog to shout out their work so they don’t get lost on Pinterest. Today, I’m highlighting Dutch freelance stylist, Kim Timmerman. See what inspires you about her work below – anything stand out?

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Zimmerman

K.Timmerman

If you missed it, scroll back up and pay particular attention to how she uses plates in her work – on walls, tables, as almost a sort of mood board — really nice! I also like the stitched paper plates in the heart motif (too cute – you could hang a bunch of these on the wall for your next anniversary party!). The white desk (I have the exact same desk) on the concrete floor with the plant chart above it and the wooden industrial stool caught my eye too.

Kim is available for hire – from concept to production and styling, she’s got your covered. You can contact here via her website here: Contact.

Lovely, inspiring work, Kim!

(images: kim timmerman)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on April 05, 2013

1. Damewood Technologies commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 6:22pm

Those colors are amazing. The coral behind the flowers is pefect.

2. Marianne commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 6:39pm

Lovely! I didn’t know her, thank you for introducing her. BTW you made little spelling mistake in her name on the the first pic of the last row. You wrote Zimmerman.
    Marianne´s last blog post ..Wordless Wednesday: Castle Amstenrade

3. Iris commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 7:21pm

Hahaha, that click festivity was actually started by me, as I pinned an image from her site just before I posted a blog about Kim’s lovely table settings earlier this afternoon. Glad that pin found its way to you too, as I believe her work deserves all this attention!
    xx Iris
    Iris´s last blog post ..Kim Timmerman

4. Jutta commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 8:12pm

Love the colors. And the stiched plates. You could stitch other motifs too and decorate for example for children’s party.
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Toddler Style / 032013

5. decor8 commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 8:27pm

@Jutta – such a great idea, jutta!!!

6. decor8 commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 8:29pm

@Iris – ha ha great! :)

7. decor8 commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 8:29pm

@Marianne THANK YOU for pointing that out, I’ve corrected it. Again, many thanks! Have a nice weekend – Holly

8. Marianne commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 9:16pm

Have a nice weekend, Holly!

9. Inge commented
    April 5th, 2013 at 11:10pm

I’m totally drawn to the second and third picture: the bold orange-coral painted wall with that bouquet of flowers in front of it looks amazing. It makes me want to paint a wall in this kind of color too. :-) Just because it looks so happy! And the styling of all these different plates on a flowery background looks so feminine and pretty and yet very original. Thanks for introducing her work!
    Inge´s last blog post ..Pastel colored jars DIY

10. Blair commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 4:16am

Such a lovely post.
    I’m very inspired by the paper plate stitching and love the pops of peach color.
    Thank you for highlighting this artist!

11. Fiona Humberstone commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 10:37am

I LOVE that pop of coral behind those flowers – so energising and uplifting isn’t it? A really lovely antidote to white walls…

12. belinda commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 1:52pm

Those plates in the third picture are so beautiful. her work is gorgeous and makes me want to track down pretty, whimsical ceramics immediately…
    belinda´s last blog post ..Easter round-up

13. Olivia commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:14pm

Hi Holly. Where is the white desk from?

Oh, and keep the fab posts coming!

14. Amy Peltier commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 6:34pm

I absolutely love this home! Its whimsical and light-hearted with a ton of romance! I am a designer in LA and I specializes in nursery design. This color palette is so inspirational for both me and my clients and cant wait to bookmark it for a future project:) Thanks for sharing!
    Amy Peltier´s last blog post ..Wise Words from a fellow Interior Designer

15. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 7:11am

Oh wow – amazing.
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Adoption | Fast Forward

16. Femke Dekker - ter Meulen commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 10:17am

Really nice photo’s by Kim, I like her work! x Fem
    Femke Dekker – ter Meulen´s last blog post ..Report: The first days in the Femkeido Shop

17. Anja commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 5:19pm

Wish I could afford to hire her for my house :)

@Olivia: looks like the turntable desk from Butlers. That’s at least the one I have and it looks the same.

18. Kim Timmerman commented
    April 22nd, 2013 at 10:31am

Thank you for all the compliments :-)!