Stylist Kim Timmerman

April 5, 2013

Have you ever been on Pinterest (follow me here!) when, almost suddenly, a bunch of your contacts start pinning the same image, but they aren’t even following each other?!? What??!  You click and click and cannot figure out how or what inspired the massive click-a-thon because it couldn’t possibly be chance… Well, whatever the cause, this happened to me today and though I have no clue what inspired the sudden click fest, I decided to write about the person behind the photo on my blog to shout out their work so they don’t get lost on Pinterest. Today, I’m highlighting Dutch freelance stylist, Kim Timmerman. See what inspires you about her work below – anything stand out?

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

Stylist Kim Timmerman

If you missed it, scroll back up and pay particular attention to how she uses plates in her work – on walls, tables, as almost a sort of mood board — really nice! I also like the stitched paper plates in the heart motif (too cute – you could hang a bunch of these on the wall for your next anniversary party!). The white desk (I have the exact same desk) on the concrete floor with the plant chart above it and the wooden industrial stool caught my eye too.

Kim is available for hire – from concept to production and styling, she’s got your covered. You can contact here via her website here: Contact.

Lovely, inspiring work, Kim!

(images: kim timmerman)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Damewood Technologies April 5, 2013 at 6:22 pm

Those colors are amazing. The coral behind the flowers is pefect.

• Reply Marianne April 5, 2013 at 6:39 pm

Lovely! I didn’t know her, thank you for introducing her. BTW you made little spelling mistake in her name on the the first pic of the last row. You wrote Zimmerman.

• Reply decor8 April 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm

@Marianne THANK YOU for pointing that out, I’ve corrected it. Again, many thanks! Have a nice weekend – Holly

• Reply Iris April 5, 2013 at 7:21 pm

Hahaha, that click festivity was actually started by me, as I pinned an image from her site just before I posted a blog about Kim’s lovely table settings earlier this afternoon. Glad that pin found its way to you too, as I believe her work deserves all this attention!
    xx Iris

• Reply decor8 April 5, 2013 at 8:29 pm

@Iris – ha ha great! :)

• Reply Jutta April 5, 2013 at 8:12 pm

Love the colors. And the stiched plates. You could stitch other motifs too and decorate for example for children’s party.

• Reply decor8 April 5, 2013 at 8:27 pm

@Jutta – such a great idea, jutta!!!

• Reply Marianne April 5, 2013 at 9:16 pm

Have a nice weekend, Holly!

• Reply Inge April 5, 2013 at 11:10 pm

I’m totally drawn to the second and third picture: the bold orange-coral painted wall with that bouquet of flowers in front of it looks amazing. It makes me want to paint a wall in this kind of color too. :-) Just because it looks so happy! And the styling of all these different plates on a flowery background looks so feminine and pretty and yet very original. Thanks for introducing her work!

• Reply Blair April 6, 2013 at 4:16 am

Such a lovely post.
    I’m very inspired by the paper plate stitching and love the pops of peach color.
    Thank you for highlighting this artist!

• Reply Fiona Humberstone April 6, 2013 at 10:37 am

I LOVE that pop of coral behind those flowers – so energising and uplifting isn’t it? A really lovely antidote to white walls…

• Reply belinda April 6, 2013 at 1:52 pm

Those plates in the third picture are so beautiful. her work is gorgeous and makes me want to track down pretty, whimsical ceramics immediately…

• Reply Olivia April 6, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hi Holly. Where is the white desk from?

Oh, and keep the fab posts coming!

• Reply Amy Peltier April 6, 2013 at 6:34 pm

I absolutely love this home! Its whimsical and light-hearted with a ton of romance! I am a designer in LA and I specializes in nursery design. This color palette is so inspirational for both me and my clients and cant wait to bookmark it for a future project:) Thanks for sharing!

• Reply Kate @ Songs Kate Sang April 7, 2013 at 7:11 am

Oh wow – amazing.

• Reply Femke Dekker - ter Meulen April 7, 2013 at 10:17 am

Really nice photo’s by Kim, I like her work! x Fem

• Reply Anja April 9, 2013 at 5:19 pm

Wish I could afford to hire her for my house :)

@Olivia: looks like the turntable desk from Butlers. That’s at least the one I have and it looks the same.

• Reply Kim Timmerman April 22, 2013 at 10:31 am

Thank you for all the compliments :-)!