Magical Bohemian Style Loft in Madrid

I came across a stunner of a bohemian-style loft today in Spain and couldn’t peel myself away from examining the many details. This place is in Madrid and is totally unreal – so imaginative, I’ve never seen anything like it. And it’s very neutral and industrial with loads of vintage elements, wow! It’s the space of interiors photographer Manolo Yllera and doubles as his light studio. Interesting, right!?

Manolo's Loft in Madrid
Manolo's Loft in Madrid
Manolo's Loft in Madrid
Manolo's Loft in Madrid

Manolo YManolo's Loft in Madridllera

Manolo's Loft in Madrid

Manolo's Loft in Madrid

Manolo's Loft in Madrid

Manolo's Loft in Madrid

Manolo's Loft in Madrid

I found this on an equally creative Spanish blog called Virlova Style.What do you think? Spot any details you’d like to try at home? I love the wooden white screen above with the handpainted blossoms – great idea for a room divider.

I also love all of his Berber carpets from Morocco – those Beni Ouarain rugs have been showing up everywhere in the most stylish homes – have you noticed the Beni Ouarain trend too? I noticed it back in 2011 but wow, it’s grown to be quite a hit ever since.

(images Manolo Yllera)

Posted by decor8 in Home Tours on April 06, 2013

1. Priti commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 12:52pm

Painting on wooden screen has totally changed the look of the interior…inspiring!!

2. Tania Welch commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 12:53pm

Oh Holly this home is stunning! There was so much to see in these photos that I had to approach this post like I do my design magazines which is to say I do one quick look through and then go back and slowly consume each page and photo enjoying every delicious detail.

There is so much to love! I think the re-use of recycled materials in some of the furniture and textiles is brilliant! However, the texture on the walls, the high ceilings and the lovely natural light drew me in instantly.

Thanks for sharing.

Warmly,
    Tania
    Tania Welch´s last blog post ..Wellness: A gift for your heart…The Simple Act of Breathing

3. Shelly minettesmaze.blogspot.com commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 1:38pm

I love love love this!! Everything about it is welcoming and comfortable!

4. Thelma B commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:28pm

I’m interested in that red metal chair in the living room…I wonder what it’s made of?

5. Cortney commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:52pm

Gorgeous – i love the variety of chairs and animal artwork throughout. You always introduce such amazing websites! Would you mind if I shared this post and any other ones I love to my Facebook page (organically opulent?)

Would be a great place to stay!

Cortney
    Cortney´s last blog post ..Love Warriors of Sweden

6. Samira commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:56pm

what a lovely place!!!!!
    Samira´s last blog post ..Mrs. Holland

7. Marjory commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 2:58pm

Wow. Love this airy, whimsical loft. Eclectic, layered, playful. the color palette is lovely with neutrals and pops of color that give a burst of energy to the space. Those rugs are divine!
    Marjory´s last blog post ..Edgewalkers of flow

8. Alison commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:02pm

This is one of the lovliest spaces I have ever seen! Every time I look at one of the pictures I discover something new. So very inspiring. Just love the pops of red-and pretty much everything else.Thanks for sharing this!
    Alison´s last blog post ..Favorite things

9. Maria commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 3:49pm

This is beautiful. Can I move in..?

10. Gudy Herder commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 5:06pm

I knew the photographer but not his home. Seems he is an all over artist!

And yes, I love the Beni Ouarain rugs too and was thinking of getting one but I just start to see them very often. Will wait until autumn and see if I am still attracted then. That trick should help :-)
    Gudy Herder´s last blog post ..Please meet French label Colonel

11. Juan Manuel commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 7:43pm

Thank so much for introducing Virlova Style

12. Anastasia Benko commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 8:13pm

OH, I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN – THIS ISN’T SOMETHING I HAVE SEEN BEFORE EITHER! I LOVE ECLECTIC INTERIORS BUT I FIND IT VERY DIFFICULT, WHEN ROOMS ARE LOADED WITH VINTAGE. IT GETS A FLEA MARKET CHARACTER VERY FAST… BUT THIS ONE IS DIFFERENT & EASY TO LOOK AT! GREAT PICK!
    Anastasia Benko´s last blog post ..SUPERFONT

13. Susan commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 8:33pm

Some beautiful pieces, I love what they did with the loft. Thanks for posting.

14. Desha Peacock commented
    April 6th, 2013 at 10:51pm

I LOVE this!!! Amazing!!! Very artistic and unique~
    Desha Peacock´s last blog post ..Ready to live in your Sweet Spot??

15. Jen commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 2:21am

Amazing space!
    Jen´s last blog post ..Frugal Friday

16. Intan Galihsavitri commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 3:30am

I agree when you say it looks unreal.
    For me it also feels surreal, yet comfortable. Truly one of a kind. I love the Moroccan touch on the rugs, vintage mix, the imperfection of the furniture pieces, and the rough texture of the walls. Thanks for posting this!

17. Desha Peacock commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 4:03am

@Tania Welch:
    Yes, Tania, I did the same! Had to come back to this one for an even closer look, delicious!
    Desha Peacock´s last blog post ..Ready to live in your Sweet Spot??

18. Anna commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 4:08am

Wow this place is amazing, whoever designed it is a genius!

19. life is a shoe commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 7:34am

wow this is gorgoeus!

20. jenny commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 11:54am

i love everything about it!
    so inspiring!
    love the super old furniture.

21. beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 12:29pm

Gorgeous!!!! I LOVE this!!
    beautyincrisis.blogspot.gr´s last blog post ..BEAUTY BAZAAR – NOTOS

22. Jutta commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 12:55pm

Oh wow, such different and unique style! Love that room divider, could use something like that in our home too.
    Jutta´s last blog post ..Toddler Style / 032013

23. Nina Levett commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 1:53pm

Dear Holly,
    thank you for posting this. I love the rugs and didn’t know what they were called. I’ll try to get one made with my own patterns.
    I love the simplicity of the design, no big deal -just a lot of love for detail and texture.
    Bye
    Nina

24. dawn commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 2:29pm

beautiful and comfy!

25. Nicola commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 4:53pm

I love the art! So fresh and cool. Art makes all the difference in living.
    Nicola´s last blog post ..the thing with decor trends

26. Lorna commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 6:25pm

It totally reminds me of the artist’s flat in the Almodóvar movie, Kika.
    Lorna´s last blog post ..Help yarn bomb San Mateo

27. Lorna commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 6:31pm

I love how every element has an echo somewhere else. The dancer photo above the dancer sketch. The red spray paint above the red chairs. The ladder across the room from the stairs. The two graphics on the rococo chairs. The turquoise stool legs and the hands illustration. The clock above the wooden circle. The barrel chair and the bathtub. Such harmony!
    Also, it would be hard to say if a woman or a man lived here–more harmony!
    Lorna´s last blog post ..Help yarn bomb San Mateo

28. Nina commented
    April 7th, 2013 at 10:43pm

This is really beautiful, with so many interesting features. I love the open plan
    and light. I could spend hours enjoying all the lovely ideas. Well done.

29. Margarita Lorenzo commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 12:04am

ahh..lovely I like so many things in this space, specially the mix and match in the kitchen area.
    Margarita Lorenzo´s last blog post ..THE WOW FACTOR

30. Bobbi commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 12:57am

What an incredible space. Rustic and elegant at the same time.
    Bobbi´s last blog post ..Lazy Rainy Friday

31. mel commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 6:50am

This home is out of this world… I love how he played with the different tones of white and then added splashes of colour but not too much. I haven’t seen anything that compares – wow. Mel
    mel´s last blog post ..Mérida Arquiste Created for Cire Trudon

32. Die Landfrau commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 11:26am

Such a great style. I could live there. Wow…

33. Nat @ Dear Little House commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 11:36am

Amazing height!
    Nat @ Dear Little House´s last blog post ..Our debut album.

34. Lina A. commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 11:54am

A lovely and welcoming home, I would love to stay :)

35. Kreetta commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 1:34pm

I love bohemian feeling. Mixing different kind of styles is not very easy…I also love the feeling of light. No dark corners – big windows. There are some too romantic elements to me…but I could live there still ;)
    Kreetta´s last blog post ..Monday morning with ceramics and green tea

36. Sonia commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 5:20pm

I love that house!!! beautiful!!! do you know something about that white chair in the kitchen?

37. JEN RAMOS commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 7:48pm

I love the loft – but not too crazy about most of the decor…cute scribbled mirror…looks a bit like artwork. :)

38. Nika vintage commented
    April 8th, 2013 at 8:11pm

Fenomenal, el blog de Virginia! Tiene un gusto estupendo!
    Besos!
    Veronica
    Nika vintage´s last blog post ..Se acerca el verano

39. Bex commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 1:40pm

Some of this is very me, a lot of it not at all, but I would quite happily move right in! Stunning!

40. claude commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 2:44pm

the perfect place…

41. Julie commented
    April 9th, 2013 at 7:54pm

That gorgeous mirror turned on its side in the kitchen is coo coo crazy great! What a fun and yet beautiful space!

42. mitsuko commented
    April 10th, 2013 at 4:29am

Wow! This is very playful mixture of girly & industrial, european & asian. Looks very new.
    mitsuko´s last blog post ..“Sense of Wonder” in Chizuko Nishike’s works -studio visit-

43. John commented
    April 11th, 2013 at 9:26am

@Thelma B: Hello there, well such an exciting place to live. I’m glad that our chairs contribute to Manolo’s living space. He is a great “hunter” and spotted us in Paris at our earliest stages in 2008 when we first made these chairs out of steel drum barrels with gypsies in Albania.
    Keep up the good work!

44. Maria commented
    April 11th, 2013 at 10:23am

is it possible to visit this place? :)

45. Emily Bradbury commented
    April 11th, 2013 at 1:11pm

This is some amazingly imaginative decorating – I especially love the mis-matched chairs. And the windows are beautiful.

46. SallyGrey commented
    April 13th, 2013 at 1:25pm

Such a unique and creatively done loft. Loved the living room!
    SallyGrey´s last blog post ..Architectural Digest 2013 DIFFA Show Exhibit Doesn’t Disappoint

47. Sylvia commented
    April 22nd, 2013 at 10:23pm

Just saw one of these photos on pinterest and I fell in love with the designs ! Thanks for posting

48. Punctuation Mark commented
    April 26th, 2013 at 4:27am

What a beautiful place… It belongs in a movie!!!
    Punctuation Mark´s last blog post ..Don’t Forget Earth

49. Melanie commented
    April 26th, 2013 at 1:58pm

@jenny: Incredible apartment! So much inspiration. Just love the furniture pieces and play with various elements and textures.

50. Melanie commented
    April 26th, 2013 at 3:26pm

Amazingly creative loft! Just love the way the vintage furniture and industrial elements have been used. It works so well!
    Yes love the idea of the white wooden screen. Great inspiration

51. Andrea commented
    July 9th, 2013 at 6:44pm

I really love this house! Very unique colors and details.

52. Susan coen commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 11:42pm

Is it possible to rent for a weekend?!!