August 23, 2013

Hello again friends! My last post featured a blogger from Norway but wow, have I got a surprise for you! More Norwegian design inspiration! I found a site called Norske Interior Blogger that recently hosted a “Show us your living room!” challenge. They share all of the entries and link out to some great “real” living room spaces – especially helpful if you have a spruce-up in mind since Fall is on its way. Here is a delightful mix, an interior cocktail, of living rooms from Norway that I hope you’ll enjoy as much I did spending what felt like hours combing through all of the entries. Some of my faves are below. Which one catches your eye, I wonder?

mamma tamo

Norwegian Living Rooms: Which is YOUR Fave?

Fru Therkelsen – see the other half of the room below…

Fru Therkelsen

Mrs Handy

Oslo in Chanel

mamma tamo

kross myra

Sans for sant

Penelope Blog

svart pa vitt hemma

bratte bakka

marsipanog smile fjes

signe pling

Norwegian Living Rooms: Which is YOUR Fave?

Fjeldborg Look! She has my book. :)

Click here to see more gorgeous homes and to find the bloggers behind them all.

So… Do you have a favorite? Which living room do you like best? Why?

(images linked to their sources)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Lucy Chen August 23, 2013 at 3:56 pm

I think I spot your book in two of these photos, Holly!
    The one with one painting on the back of the sofa and a little hand model is not my fav, but got me thinking about how I should put some of my own paintings up in my apartment. Even though we’re moving overseas in 4 months, it’s quite effortless and easy to put up a painting or two, esp. that I paint, right?

• Reply Gloria August 23, 2013 at 4:24 pm

Oh… they are all absolutely amazing! But my Fav is Kross Myra :)

Have a nice weekend

• Reply Agi @ Passion shake August 23, 2013 at 4:30 pm

Wow! They are all so eye-candy that it’s a big challenge to choose. The one that caught my attention the most is the Fjeldborg, because of the big range of cute accessories :) Thanks so much for sharing this website with us – so many gorgeous rooms! x

• Reply Mimi August 23, 2013 at 4:42 pm

I love the all black and white Norwegian room decor best! Black and white is so crisp and sophisticated. I also love the combo with bright punches of color.

• Reply BrieAnn August 23, 2013 at 4:43 pm

My favorite is Fru Therkelsen. Penelope Blog and antonshome are are close second.

• Reply Ben August 23, 2013 at 5:36 pm

I’m really loving the Fjeldborg Look! It’s inspired me to look at some interior design this holiday :)

• Reply Emelie @florainspiro August 23, 2013 at 5:42 pm

So many nice living rooms! A real inspiration boost ;)
    My favourites are the round tables in the rooms of Fjeldborgs, An-Margitt and marsipanog smile fjes. The coral table on th pic from Fjeldborgs is to die for! My grandparents had the same table (but not coral ;) just varnished wood) but I don’t know what happened to it after they died. I need to find out!

• Reply Quyen August 23, 2013 at 5:57 pm

I love the antonshome the most. When it comes to the Scandinavian aesthetic, I think less is more. I like the gray color palette, and how well it will go with a pop of color from flowers, a vase, or a picture frame.

• Reply Heidi August 23, 2013 at 7:52 pm

I think Fjeldborg is my favorite, and mamma tamo second ^_^ I think the colours are the freshest and maybe the most youthful looking. I sometimes feel like avoiding colour (too many greys with the black+white), is just being a bit too safe, but they are definitely doing it right.

• Reply Ada (new york) August 23, 2013 at 8:43 pm

They all looks wonderful … my fave (as in I wouldn’t mind spending a few days there) would be the serene room shown in Penelope Blog. Oh so pretty!

• Reply Sarah Silvester August 23, 2013 at 9:21 pm

I love them all! These are so inspiring thanks holly :)

• Reply janet soriano August 23, 2013 at 9:50 pm

the one by kross myra absolutely nailed it, all my favorite colors. Beautiful post

• Reply Lindsey August 23, 2013 at 10:11 pm

Fjeldborg is my favorite (plus they have good taste in books ;)). I’ve always loved black, white, and pink with pops of other colors. Plus, I love the art and quirkiness! I think the Norwegian style strikes the right balance between stuff and space. There is enough to give the rooms personality, but not so much that the space feels cluttered.
    All the spaces were beautiful though.

• Reply decor8 August 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

@Lindsey – Yes VERY good taste in books ;)

• Reply tammylee August 23, 2013 at 10:15 pm

My take away from all of these rooms is fresh flowers or a live plant make a room seem more beautiful, no matter how small it just makes it personal

• Reply decor8 August 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

@Tammylee -GREAT point

• Reply Kathi August 23, 2013 at 10:53 pm

I can’t possibly pick a favorite- love them all !

• Reply Mary Middleton design August 23, 2013 at 11:03 pm

Totally awesome and I want to visit at least half of them in person. Do you think they’d mind?

• Reply decor8 August 24, 2013 at 10:59 am

@Mary Middleton – Yeah, I’d avoid showing up saying you found them on decor8. :) :)

• Reply Vero Palazzo August 23, 2013 at 11:39 pm

My favourites are Ann-Magrit, Fjeldlborg and Penelope home!

• Reply Purple Area August 24, 2013 at 12:37 am

Great inspiration, love the black and white livingroom by krossmyra and svart på vitt hemma.

• Reply Mimmi August 24, 2013 at 4:16 am

Fjeldborg and Marsipanog smile fjes. Lovely!

• Reply Gwen. The Makerista August 24, 2013 at 7:07 am

I really like the ones with a bit more color…the ones with the coral and green tables….I love some punch! Beautiful spaces!

• Reply Nicole Antar August 24, 2013 at 7:19 am

There’s lots of white isn’t there? I like Oslo in Chanel. Beautiful pictures and a touch eclectic which appeals!

• Reply decor8 August 24, 2013 at 10:57 am

@Nicole – YES – I loveeeeee white!!!!

• Reply Margherita August 24, 2013 at 7:42 am

Ciao Holly sono passata solo per vedere i tuoi aggiornamenti

• Reply SignePling August 24, 2013 at 3:43 pm

Wow! Such a treat to find MY living room on your wonderful blog!

Hugs Signe

• Reply Joanna August 24, 2013 at 6:56 pm

It would be impossible to pick just one. Norwegian style design is so fresh and welcoming with lots of crisp white and natural wood elements.

• Reply Camille August 25, 2013 at 1:04 am

Lovely living rooms, it’s very charming !

• Reply Girl on Fire August 25, 2013 at 12:16 pm

I don’t understand – why do these rooms have so much white? Is that a Norwegian culture thing?

• Reply decor8 August 26, 2013 at 11:10 am

@Girl on Fire – It’s more of a “light thing”. In countries situated very far north, people tend to like to keep their interiors as light and bright as possible. Not everyone, but a lot of younger Norwegians (and Scandinavians in general) are more and more becoming fans of light and bright interiors because when winter comes and it’s dark in the afternoon, you need white walls to alleviate the depression one can feel from being enveloped in such darkness.

• Reply Sophie August 25, 2013 at 12:30 pm

Anyone for white walls and a grey/black sofa?! I love the aesthetic but it can all look kind of similar! As an Australian moving to Norway soon, I wonder what Norwegians will make of my style..?! I love love love white (and grey and black), but I also love a bit of colour. Thank you for finding me some Norwegian blogs to look at!

• Reply Aileen@AtHomeinLove August 26, 2013 at 12:07 am

These are all SO beautiful–how could I ever pick a favorite?! I really love the clean and bright living room from Penelope Blog, and the stump table with just the top painted a bright pink from Mrs. Handy, and I’ve always loved the Fjeldborg house. So I will say those are my top three!

• Reply Rosa August 26, 2013 at 6:03 am

I love about Scandinavian interiors, they always look tidy, cosy and very child-friendly!

• Reply Penelope HOme August 26, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Wow what an honor, you choose my living room as one of your favorites! I am so happy, you made my week, thanks a lot!

• Reply Annie August 26, 2013 at 4:05 pm

I kept going back to Fru Therkelsen. Those windows….great light,simple furnishings, totally appealed to me.

• Reply Debbie August 27, 2013 at 4:37 pm

I adore the 6th & last photos {same home} – I have 5 out of the 7 books on the home owner’s side table. Love the soft pops of color against the white walls & floor – my decor aesthetic exactly!

• Reply tracy gatto August 27, 2013 at 8:44 pm

I love them all!!

• Reply Mrs Hardy August 28, 2013 at 12:08 pm

Hi Holly!
    Wow, thank you so much for liking my livingroom and sharing it!
    Actually, the man on the painting is my husband (funfact ;))
    Love you blog and all the inspiration!

• Reply Eloise @Rustic White August 28, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Wow great post! I love the blanket in the second image from Mamma Tamo. Do you know where this is from? The styling of Fjeldborg is lovely too!

• Reply Chelsey August 29, 2013 at 5:45 am

Fru Therkelsen is my fave!!
    I don’t know why, it just feels like me.

• Reply Mariana . So Much Love August 29, 2013 at 4:41 pm

Oh i looooove Fjeldborg livingroom!!! Lot´s of charisma, personality and comfort feeling! I like black, white & grey, but touches of vibrant colors make me happy!

• Reply Elise Humphrey September 5, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Some lovely designs here, really got me thinking about my dream room! What I particularly like is the focus on light and space. The majority use of white helps to create an illusion of space within a room which is useful in small or urban houses, whilst the subtle contrast of the pastel colours creates a positive and uplifting atmosphere as well as bringing a personal, homely touch. My favourite is marsipanog smile fjes but I am drawn to the delicate patterns in signe pling. I also love the table centre piece in kross myra, which really brings an element of warmth to its rustic surroundings. Thanks!

• Reply Gwen September 5, 2013 at 9:53 pm

@Mrs Hardy: I’ve had this post up in my browser for days. I’m so inspired and Mrs. Hardy’s room is my absolute favorite. I’m in love with her painting and that pink polka dotted pillow!