Norwegian Living Rooms: Which is YOUR Fave?

Hello again friends! My last post featured a blogger from Norway but wow, have I got a surprise for you! More Norwegian design inspiration! I found a site called Norske Interior Blogger that recently hosted a “Show us your living room!” challenge. They share all of the entries and link out to some great “real” living room spaces – especially helpful if you have a spruce-up in mind since Fall is on its way. Here is a delightful mix, an interior cocktail, of living rooms from Norway that I hope you’ll enjoy as much I did spending what felt like hours combing through all of the entries. Some of my faves are below. Which one catches your eye, I wonder?

Spirello

mamma tamo

Norwegian Living Rooms

Fru Therkelsen – see the other half of the room below…

Fru Therkelsen

Penelope Blog

svart pa vitt hemma

bratte bakka

marsipanog smile fjes

signe pling

Norwegian Living Rooms

Fjeldborg Look! She has my book. :)

Click here to see more gorgeous homes and to find the bloggers behind them all.

So… Do you have a favorite? Which living room do you like best? Why?

(images linked to their sources)

© 2013,

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on August 23, 2013

1. Lucy Chen commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 3:56pm

I think I spot your book in two of these photos, Holly!
    The one with one painting on the back of the sofa and a little hand model is not my fav, but got me thinking about how I should put some of my own paintings up in my apartment. Even though we’re moving overseas in 4 months, it’s quite effortless and easy to put up a painting or two, esp. that I paint, right?
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..To See Takes Time, a Georgia O’Keeffe Quote

2. Gloria commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 4:24pm

Oh… they are all absolutely amazing! But my Fav is Kross Myra :)

Have a nice weekend
    Glori
    Gloria´s last blog post ..{Bezaubernd} Neue Teelichthalter von ASA

3. Agi @ Passion shake commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 4:30pm

Wow! They are all so eye-candy that it’s a big challenge to choose. The one that caught my attention the most is the Fjeldborg, because of the big range of cute accessories :) Thanks so much for sharing this website with us – so many gorgeous rooms! x
    Agi @ Passion shake´s last blog post ..Seaside inspired table setting

4. Mimi commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 4:42pm

I love the all black and white Norwegian room decor best! Black and white is so crisp and sophisticated. I also love the combo with bright punches of color.
    Mimi´s last blog post ..How To Wrap A Gift Creatively Using Your Own Stuff

5. BrieAnn commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 4:43pm

My favorite is Fru Therkelsen. Penelope Blog and antonshome are are close second.

6. Ben commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 5:36pm

I’m really loving the Fjeldborg Look! It’s inspired me to look at some interior design this holiday :)
    Ben´s last blog post ..Vintage Bicycle Tags

7. Emelie @florainspiro commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 5:42pm

So many nice living rooms! A real inspiration boost ;)
    My favourites are the round tables in the rooms of Fjeldborgs, An-Margitt and marsipanog smile fjes. The coral table on th pic from Fjeldborgs is to die for! My grandparents had the same table (but not coral ;) just varnished wood) but I don’t know what happened to it after they died. I need to find out!
    Emelie @florainspiro´s last blog post ..A good start of the day

8. Quyen commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 5:57pm

I love the antonshome the most. When it comes to the Scandinavian aesthetic, I think less is more. I like the gray color palette, and how well it will go with a pop of color from flowers, a vase, or a picture frame.

Quyen´s last blog post ..on my mind: photography part 1

9. Heidi commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 7:52pm

I think Fjeldborg is my favorite, and mamma tamo second ^_^ I think the colours are the freshest and maybe the most youthful looking. I sometimes feel like avoiding colour (too many greys with the black+white), is just being a bit too safe, but they are definitely doing it right.

10. Ada (new york) commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 8:43pm

They all looks wonderful … my fave (as in I wouldn’t mind spending a few days there) would be the serene room shown in Penelope Blog. Oh so pretty!
    Ada (new york)´s last blog post ..Summer break! … see u in autumn (or on Instagram!)

11. Sarah Silvester commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 9:21pm

I love them all! These are so inspiring thanks holly :)
    Sarah Silvester´s last blog post ..What I’m into (July 2013 Edition)

12. janet soriano commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 9:50pm

the one by kross myra absolutely nailed it, all my favorite colors. Beautiful post

13. Lindsey commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:11pm

Fjeldborg is my favorite (plus they have good taste in books ;)). I’ve always loved black, white, and pink with pops of other colors. Plus, I love the art and quirkiness! I think the Norwegian style strikes the right balance between stuff and space. There is enough to give the rooms personality, but not so much that the space feels cluttered.
    All the spaces were beautiful though.
    Lindsey´s last blog post ..On Hiking, Natural Beauty and Starved Rock…

14. tammylee commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:15pm

My take away from all of these rooms is fresh flowers or a live plant make a room seem more beautiful, no matter how small it just makes it personal

15. Kathi commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 10:53pm

I can’t possibly pick a favorite- love them all !
    Kathi´s last blog post ..One Vintage Money Bags Pillow by allthingswhite

16. Mary Middleton design commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:03pm

Totally awesome and I want to visit at least half of them in person. Do you think they’d mind?
    Mary Middleton design´s last blog post ..NYC trip planning: Thank you

17. Vero Palazzo commented
    August 23rd, 2013 at 11:39pm

My favourites are Ann-Magrit, Fjeldlborg and Penelope home!
    Vero Palazzo´s last blog post ..Proyecto Macetitas

18. Purple Area commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 12:37am

Great inspiration, love the black and white livingroom by krossmyra and svart på vitt hemma.

/Susann

19. Mimmi commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 4:16am

Fjeldborg and Marsipanog smile fjes. Lovely!

20. Gwen. The Makerista commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 7:07am

I really like the ones with a bit more color…the ones with the coral and green tables….I love some punch! Beautiful spaces!
    Gwen. The Makerista´s last blog post ..Making it Work: A Shield and Coat of Arms for Xander’s Room

21. Nicole Antar commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 7:19am

There’s lots of white isn’t there? I like Oslo in Chanel. Beautiful pictures and a touch eclectic which appeals!
    Nicole Antar´s last blog post ..Paris in August

22. Margherita commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 7:42am

Ciao Holly sono passata solo per vedere i tuoi aggiornamenti

23. decor8 commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 10:57am

@Nicole – YES – I loveeeeee white!!!!

24. decor8 commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 10:59am

@Mary Middleton – Yeah, I’d avoid showing up saying you found them on decor8. :) :)

25. decor8 commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 10:59am

@Lindsey – Yes VERY good taste in books ;)

26. decor8 commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 10:59am

@Tammylee -GREAT point

27. SignePling commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 3:43pm

Wow! Such a treat to find MY living room on your wonderful blog!

Hugs Signe
    SignePling´s last blog post ..a rose is a rose is a rose

28. Joanna commented
    August 24th, 2013 at 6:56pm

It would be impossible to pick just one. Norwegian style design is so fresh and welcoming with lots of crisp white and natural wood elements.

29. Camille commented
    August 25th, 2013 at 1:04am

Lovely living rooms, it’s very charming !
    Camille´s last blog post ..Instacam 16

30. Girl on Fire commented
    August 25th, 2013 at 12:16pm

I don’t understand – why do these rooms have so much white? Is that a Norwegian culture thing?

31. Sophie commented
    August 25th, 2013 at 12:30pm

Anyone for white walls and a grey/black sofa?! I love the aesthetic but it can all look kind of similar! As an Australian moving to Norway soon, I wonder what Norwegians will make of my style..?! I love love love white (and grey and black), but I also love a bit of colour. Thank you for finding me some Norwegian blogs to look at!
    Sophie´s last blog post ..Number 86

32. Aileen@AtHomeinLove commented
    August 26th, 2013 at 12:07am

These are all SO beautiful–how could I ever pick a favorite?! I really love the clean and bright living room from Penelope Blog, and the stump table with just the top painted a bright pink from Mrs. Handy, and I’ve always loved the Fjeldborg house. So I will say those are my top three!
    Aileen@AtHomeinLove´s last blog post ..Olivia Rae James

33. Rosa commented
    August 26th, 2013 at 6:03am

I love about Scandinavian interiors, they always look tidy, cosy and very child-friendly!
    Rosa´s last blog post ..Buen fin de semana: tumbonas junto a la piscinaHave a nice weekend: deck chairs by the pool

34. decor8 commented
    August 26th, 2013 at 11:10am

@Girl on Fire – It’s more of a “light thing”. In countries situated very far north, people tend to like to keep their interiors as light and bright as possible. Not everyone, but a lot of younger Norwegians (and Scandinavians in general) are more and more becoming fans of light and bright interiors because when winter comes and it’s dark in the afternoon, you need white walls to alleviate the depression one can feel from being enveloped in such darkness.

35. Penelope HOme commented
    August 26th, 2013 at 12:12pm

Wow what an honor, you choose my living room as one of your favorites! I am so happy, you made my week, thanks a lot!
    cheers
    Mars

36. Annie commented
    August 26th, 2013 at 4:05pm

I kept going back to Fru Therkelsen. Those windows….great light,simple furnishings, totally appealed to me.

37. Debbie commented
    August 27th, 2013 at 4:37pm

I adore the 6th & last photos {same home} – I have 5 out of the 7 books on the home owner’s side table. Love the soft pops of color against the white walls & floor – my decor aesthetic exactly!

38. tracy gatto commented
    August 27th, 2013 at 8:44pm

I love them all!!
    tracy gatto´s last blog post ..Shay J Design: Collection Connection

39. Mrs Hardy commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 12:08pm

Hi Holly!
    Wow, thank you so much for liking my livingroom and sharing it!
    Actually, the man on the painting is my husband (funfact ;))
    Love you blog and all the inspiration!
    Manuela
    Mrs Hardy´s last blog post ..Arkitektirsdag: Vågen videregående skole & Sandnes kulturskole

40. Eloise @Rustic White commented
    August 28th, 2013 at 2:28pm

Wow great post! I love the blanket in the second image from Mamma Tamo. Do you know where this is from? The styling of Fjeldborg is lovely too!

41. Chelsey commented
    August 29th, 2013 at 5:45am

Fru Therkelsen is my fave!!
    I don’t know why, it just feels like me.

42. Mariana . So Much Love commented
    August 29th, 2013 at 4:41pm

Oh i looooove Fjeldborg livingroom!!! Lot´s of charisma, personality and comfort feeling! I like black, white & grey, but touches of vibrant colors make me happy!
    Mariana . So Much Love´s last blog post ..Lavender & Citrus Wedding Inspiration

43. Elise Humphrey commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 6:54pm

Some lovely designs here, really got me thinking about my dream room! What I particularly like is the focus on light and space. The majority use of white helps to create an illusion of space within a room which is useful in small or urban houses, whilst the subtle contrast of the pastel colours creates a positive and uplifting atmosphere as well as bringing a personal, homely touch. My favourite is marsipanog smile fjes but I am drawn to the delicate patterns in signe pling. I also love the table centre piece in kross myra, which really brings an element of warmth to its rustic surroundings. Thanks!

44. Gwen commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 9:53pm

@Mrs Hardy: I’ve had this post up in my browser for days. I’m so inspired and Mrs. Hardy’s room is my absolute favorite. I’m in love with her painting and that pink polka dotted pillow!