Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

I’m curious so please entertain me… Are any particular color palettes catching your eye lately? I’m getting bored with the usual suspects (black and white, hot pink and gray, pastels with copper, summer-y citrus hues) and am looking towards a more Autumn selection in an earthy palette with flecks of pale muddy rose and some purple. Here’s what I’m attracted to at the moment…

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

Ark Pad

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

Say cheeze | Well Travelled Woman | Adventure Dress by Esther Boller | Naturalete

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

hellanne: Kate KipleySunflower | Midwest Alchemy on Etsy, sfgirlbybay

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

Anastasia Christou

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall
Mokkasin

lupiinit_suvColor Crush: Earthy Tones For Fallsurlevif

suvi sur le vif

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

Photographer Nicole Franzen, whom I just love.

Color Crush: Earthy Tones For Fall

Photo by Sean Fennessy, styling by Lucy Feagins

What is your color crush at the moment? If you write your own color crush post, please link it in the comments section below so I can see it – only something you’ve written for Fall 2013 though, please. Thank you!

(images linked to their sources above, all via Pinterest.)

Posted by decor8 in Color Inspiration on September 05, 2013

1. emma lamb commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 10:57am

Oooh, Holly!
    Your new colour crush is so close to something I posted on Friday, for this utumn I’m loving ‘parchment & pine forest green’ – http://emmallamb.blogspot.co.uk/2013/08/colour-pinning-parchement-pine-forest.html
    Like you I’m wanting comething new instead of the pastels and sorbet shades. It’s definitely time to tone things down and go a wee bit more earthy.
    Emma, x
    emma lamb´s last blog post ..good reads : UK Handmade magazine, Autumn 2013

2. emma lamb commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 10:57am

@emma lamb: *autumn*

3. Chi chi commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 1:54pm

I just love that chair in the first picture – what a feature :O)
    I am and have always been a fan of pale pink, but that has its place and isn’t always a suitable for home decors etc. I do agree with you and the leaning towards earthy tones. Firstly they suit my complexion, but in an interior decor sense they add warmth and are timeless colours. Everywhere we look there are earthy tones so its not a dramatic colour that will be ‘en trend’ for a season then die out. So long as its not ‘overdone’ then I love it. I like the French rustic style, natural hues – makes a place feel warm and homely.

4. Heather commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 2:30pm

YUM! My heart resides in this pallete. Thanks for your continued commitment to keeping us on trend. :)
    Heather´s last blog post ..Fall 2013- Rustic Romance

5. Cate commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 3:08pm

I have to say I am loving exactly the same palette right now and it surprises me because I have always been drawn to crisp whites with black and pops of colour. Tis the season?!

6. tess0910 commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 3:17pm

Love these images, we are currently building a tiny home on wheels, and although the interior decorating is still a few months away I have chosen the colours already!….a few different natural olive greens offset by a jade green, very similar to the flower vase and stool above…lots of soft greys, and then for accent colours I’ve chosen a dark browny- purple, mustard yellow and possibly a splash of coral. Excited! I agree that earthy groups of colours work the best. If in doubt, refer to nature.
    tess0910´s last blog post ..The weekend we beat the weather

7. Jillian commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 3:18pm

As a little girl, I loved purple in all forms and then went through a long period of intense dislike for it. Now, I’m back to loving it again, especially when paired with the pretty shades of green like those you’ve shown here. There is something about these images that just sings to me. Lovely.
    Jillian´s last blog post ..JC Penney Home – New Favorite Design Source

8. Mina commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 4:59pm

Just did a color crush post on Sept. 2nd! I’m loving some deep purples too this season. Here’s my post Holly. Hope your pregnancy is treating you well! http://bit.ly/15RNQN6

9. Sabrina commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 9:08pm

I am in love with old rose sort of colours, that are a faded, muddy pinks, mixed with chocolate brown. Thats probably my favourite colour combination at the moment. I also love deep dark wine reds that have purple/blue undertones. I generally love rich, dark browns right now though. Also greens, natural forrest greens. I’m still in love with mint though!
    Sabrina´s last blog post ..Hello Germany!

10. Alix commented
    September 5th, 2013 at 11:07pm

I hear you!

I love greys, esp. this combo: dark grey/mustard yellow/light grey/white. I made a whole pinboard about it: http://pinterest.com/teabutterfly/color-scheme-mustard-yellow-gray/

Also of note, Farrow & Ball has new colours coming soon this Fall, on September 9th. Stay tuned! I love the F & B range of muted colours.

Speaking of muted, check out the “muted” blogposts by Jane on her blog, it’s beautiful inspiration! http://seenandsaid.blogspot.fr/2013/08/muted.html

-Alix
    Alix´s last blog post ..Becoming Who I Am

11. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 1:20am

Well, I didn’t know…..until I saw this post. :) Now, I am color crushing on the color palette here! LOVE. Thanks hun!
    xo
    Melis
    Melissa de la Fuente´s last blog post ..Inspiration

12. Gwen. The Makerista commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 3:19am

Fresh yet grounded. Such beautiful inspiration!
    Gwen. The Makerista´s last blog post ..Making Memories: August 2013

13. Aileen@AtHomeinLove commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 7:23am

Beautiful!! I’m getting more and more excited about fall. This color palette is definitely helping!
    Aileen@AtHomeinLove´s last blog post ..Thoughts for a Thursday

14. katia di maglie commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 10:23am

I am the same feeling. I’m on the seaside now in Italy, and even if summer is not finished for me my eyes turn looking for natural tender shades, reminding me of vintage mood, late summer flowers … I’m searching for the right color combo to paint and restyle some forniture. Thank you for inspirational pics!! :)

15. Ria commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 4:12pm

Dear Holly,

just post today about grey interiors, which don´t will suprise you any more but you could have a look at my pinterest board “Green”. I pinned some interiors who are not in this “emerald mood”. More in this earthy and natural way you posted today! Have fun…

Many greetings, Ria
    Ria´s last blog post ..One color – One room – the Grey Ones

16. Amy commented
    September 6th, 2013 at 5:56pm

What beautiful, serene combinations and against the white backgrounds fresh and modern. I love that a few small changes can make a big impact in our homes, thanks again for the inspiration Holly x
    Amy´s last blog post ..Working Space

17. Sandra von 3-ZKB commented
    September 10th, 2013 at 8:51pm

I love the photos and the colors. Welcome Autumn! :-D
    Sandra von 3-ZKB´s last blog post ..Vor die Tür, nach Mallorca (Teil 1)

18. Erin commented
    September 10th, 2013 at 11:55pm

I love this color inspiration- palettes from nature will always feel fresh and easy to the eye. I’m loving luscious creams, crisp white and a sharp mulberry!

xx Erin

19. Frau Herzblut commented
    September 11th, 2013 at 11:24am

Dear Holly,

my autumn coulour palette changes from month to month. In September I love old rose, rose, white and black combined with beautiful dahlias. You can see that here: http://www.frauherzblut.de/pinnwand/blog-post/2013/09/07/paris/

In October it will change into bright purple, turquoise, taupe and some other natural earth colours.

Herzensgrüße,
    Frau Herzblut

20. K commented
    September 11th, 2013 at 8:09pm

There’s something so appealing about the cozy blankets all folded up under that table. However I feel like my dog, cat and toddler would have something to do with immediately strewing them about. Heck, husband too!
    K´s last blog post ..Knitting group

21. Mimmi commented
    September 12th, 2013 at 5:23am

Yes! I’m thinking the same…. New colors for the season (here is to hoping the weather catches up to my ‘cooler’ ideas ;)). I just painted my master bedroom grey and emerald green. And I LOVE it!! I’m usually much more into light and pastel colors, but it looks wonderfully cozy…

22. decor8 commented
    September 12th, 2013 at 9:54am

@Erin – SO NICE to see your comment here. xooxo

23. Anthea commented
    September 18th, 2013 at 10:04pm

I love the combination of deep greens , purple and dusty pink in the flower arrangement towards the end of the post. I am redecorating my bedroom at the moment and am inspired by the vivid blues and greens of peacock feathers, accessorised with bronze

24. Lena commented
    September 25th, 2013 at 7:33pm

Earthy tones are an all time favourite of mine and all over my pinterest boards (like a couple of the images up there, as well!) – so I’m always happy when autumn starts and these are the colours you see everywhere.
    I just did a color post with an indian summer mood board (hosted by a fellow ex-byw student, by the way…):
    And thinking about it – colors are a big theme in most of my posts anyway!
    Lena´s last blog post ..INSTAWEEKEND #35