Do you want to know what some of the hottest Holiday Decoration Trends are for this year? Of course you do! To finish off this year with a trend post, what better than to talk about the current five decoration trends of this festive season? I’m going to highlight branches, wreaths and 3 different kinds of trees! Ready?
Agent Bauer, styling work of Tina Hellberg
1. Branches: There’s a lot more than Christmas trees to decorate now such as lovely branches! When added to large jars and vases, they make a great holiday display! Natural wood, white and black, add a real Scandinavian style and radiates quite a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere. If it feels a bit minimalist and you find that you crave more color then just add red berries or colorful ornaments to hang.
2. Mini Trees: I have never seen so many small Christmas trees as this year and I love the idea of putting them in a glass jar and also that you can plant them again after the holidays. Holly had a row of them down the center of her table last year when I visited her home in Hannover, each wrapped in burlap. Stylish yet sustainable – a great way of decorating! Their main characteristic and the trend is that they are not adorned (well, maybe one or two small ornaments!) and just stand as a statement by themselves. You might want to give a little festive twist when displaying them in different jars, ceramic pots, buckets, crates or whatever you feel like.
3. Faux Trees: Last year we discovered some nice alternatives to the traditional Christmas tree by creating several designs directly on the wall. I have loved observing how so many people get creative and come up with different designs for their faux trees. It’s a nice way too to work with your children and create something together, right? I believe this will be an on-going trend for years to come, there is such a wide possibility of working on designs with different materials, shapes, sizes and colors, don’t you agree?
Minted via Sweet Paul Magazine
Free People blog
Sköna Hem from Helt Enkelt
4. Bottle Brush Trees: If you have the time to create some fun DIY Christmas decorations, this is your trend! You can reproduce these using a very mundane kitchen utensil – the bottle brush! Simple give them a hair cut and dye to resemble a Christmas tree. If you want to make it look even more authentic add some glitter, stars, ornaments or vintage figurines.
Apartment Therapy (vintage trees)
5. Wreaths: Is there a hotter trend right now than crafting your own wreath? Use unexpected materials foraging your local farmers market, pluck pictures from a family album, add paper elements or whatever you feel like. These kind of wreaths offer a more personal way to celebrate the season. We have even started to spot oval, drop, heart and square shapes this season!
Thomas J. Story for Sunset
Victor Schrager for Country Living
I have worked this year mainly with several wreath and different natural branches storing my usual ornaments away.What is your favorite trend of these five? Have you seen anything else that might be on raise this season? I have truly enjoyed your thoughts and comments over the past month and wish you a merry and mindful Holiday season.
(text: gudy herder/editing holly becker, images linked to their sources above.)