22 Hard To Kill Houseplants

Looking for some hard to kill houseplants? I am! That’s why I was SO EXCITED when I woke up this morning and found the most super awesome comment on my post about house plants, Let’s Talk About Plants. Sandra, a long time reader, works in a flower shop in Sweden and put together a lovely list of plants that she thinks are fairly easy to care for. I did some digging around to verify her suggestions and ended up finding a few of my own so I’ve compiled a list of 22 house plants that are hard to kill for those of us who have a bit of a brown thumb. I have to thank Sandra for her amazing comment, it really inspired me to pull together this post, so thank you so much Sandra!

Frida Frida Ramstedt, Trendenser

22HardToKillHousePlants
1. Aloe  | 2. Kalancho thyrsiflora | 3. Echeverias (a good variety of these) | 4. Howea forsteriana, Kentia palm | 5. Syngonium, Arrowhead vine | 6. Senecio rowleyanus, string of pearls | 7. Epipremnum aureum, golden pothos | 8. Peperomia argyreia, Watermelon peperomia Note: There are a variety of peperomias, see Exotic Angel for a complete guide. | 9. Peperomia belly button  |  10. Haworthia fasciata, zebra haworthia  | 11. Chlorophytum comosum, Spider plant  |  12.  Ox Tongue  |  13.  Ghost Plant  |  14.  Jade Plant  |  15.  Hawthoria  16.  Sedum morganianum, burro’s tail  |  17. Geranium  |  18.  Ceropegia woodii, String of Hearts  |  19. Rubber Plant

Rumsgran-2-1
20. Araucaria heterophylla, Norfolk island pine from Room by Sofie.

9259d1014cb129c99f389c9ee3c320ed-1
21. Myrsine by Kakan/Lifestyle and Living

88109bb179
22. Tolmiea menziesii by Floradania

I’m so honored that Sandra commented with her insights and happy that I could share some of my research here too – I’m learning! And it feels so nice to get in the know so that I can add a few plants to my home without fear! Note: If you love succulents, here is a good guide to the different kinds of crassulas.

From those shown above, spot any that you like? That you own? What has been YOUR experience with them? Do you have some easy-to-care-for plants to add to this list? Please comment below so we can check them out!

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on January 16, 2014

1. Michaela commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 2:22pm

well, i have killed several of these. my aloe has been really great though and my monstera is growing like crazy.

2. Faith | Ordinary Mommy Design commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 2:40pm

What a wonderful list! I’m on a mission to add more plants to my house. We don’t have a lot of light, but I’ve found that philodendrons (like the golden pathos) and snake plants (Sansevieria trifasciata- not shown) work well for me!

3. Monika@secretgardenhome commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 2:40pm

That’s brilliant. I was reading your previous article this morning as I’m currently looking for some house plants for my living room.
    I killed (oops) the money tree recently as watered it too much and didn’t give it enough light.

The list above is fantastic. Thank you very much both.

Bests

Monikax
    Monika@secretgardenhome´s last blog post ..Before & After: Living room

4. Louisa commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 2:41pm

My mum has always had spider plants and she’s really bad at remembering to water them! Until last year I didn’t know they flowered… But they’re all still alive and multiplying, so these are probably a good place to start. I managed to kill a kentia palm (mixture of overwatering and cat based destruction) but the ghost plant looks awesome so I think i’ll have to try one of those. Out of cat reach!

5. Aidel.K commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 3:10pm

I’ve been trying to add some plants to my home–this post is perfect for me. I bought a Prayer Plant like this http://faculty.ucc.edu/biology-ombrello/pow/prayer_plants.htm last year, and it has done very well. It was a big hanging basket when I bought it. It was looking crowded, so I dug a little section out and potted it separately. The big hanging one is in my kitchen and now the little baby one is in my bedroom. Both are thriving. I have a Golden Pothos, also, doing very well in my low-light living room. I’d love to see a post on plant pots, too.

6. Jen commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 3:14pm

I kill EVERYTHING so I’m looking forward to seeing if any of these can survive my black thumb!
    Jen´s last blog post ..Wanted: Bitchy Resting Face Coach

7. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 3:19pm

@Michaela – Oh well, keep trying and try again as the expression goes!!!

8. Christina // Franny & Franky Designs commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 3:36pm

I feel like saying, “No, I promise, you totally can’t kill this houseplant” is a challenge to me. I mean, I seriously kill everything. Even the unkillable. The ones they promise last forever. The ones they promise you’d have to douse in acid and beat with a shovel to kill. I kill ‘em all. I have visions of a lush landscape of houseplantery in my head, but all I end up with is dead plants. Poor plants :(

That being said… I would totally try some of these. Because, you know, I love a challenge.
    Christina // Franny & Franky Designs´s last blog post ..3 Cities, 2 Hearts Venn Diagram – Custom City Map Art Print – Blue, Red, and Purple Hearts – Valentine's Day, Anniversary Gift, Wedding Gift by FrannyandFranky

9. Melissa de la Fuente commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 3:40pm

Love this! Always looking for more plants I CAN”T kill! :)
    I second jade plants, they really are hardy little things. No matter what you do to them! I am excited to look for some of these! Especially burros tail,string of pearls ( though I did kill one before ;(,the myrsine and the kentia palm! Thank you lovely gal!
    xoxo
    Melis

10. Hanna commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 4:13pm

I have gotten really into plants this past year! Of these I have a spider plant and a jade plant. The spider plant has been going strong for almost a year and the jade plant a couple months. I’ve also found my english ivy to be very hardy. It lives in the bathroom and hardly needs watering in the winter.
    Hanna´s last blog post ..Wild Mint Tea

11. Hanna commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 4:14pm

Oh, and I’ve killed every succulent in my care, including my aloe, although it took some effort.
    Hanna´s last blog post ..Wild Mint Tea

12. Rasa commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 4:17pm

Wonderful list. Will ask for Burros Tail, String of Pearls and some others for my big 6-0 birthday this spring.

13. Sandra commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 4:48pm

Oh wow, i’m blushing over here now!!
    I’m glad you enjoyed the list, and hopefully it can be helpful to others aswell!

I noticed, after i posted the list, that i had linked to some plants that you didn’t really like, such as the spider plants your mum had. But perhaps, if you where to use those plants (old, and trusted after all), in a new setting, with up to date pots etc, then they wouldn’t be so bad?

As with the trailing plants that can easy take over your house – just chop them off it they get too long! It can help them grow more compact and make new shoots. You can always put the cutting in a cute vase – to enjoy a little bit of green somewhere, or if you want more of the same plants, let it make roots and then plant it in soil.

I think the most common mistake is to overwater your plants. It is easier to rescue a plant that’s been underwatered, then it is for one that’s been drowned. Too much water makes the roots rot easily, and from there it’s often downhill. Funny thing is, we often give it even more water when it starts to look sad. We love them to death ;)
    Too much water and central heating are the plants worst enemies i think.

I shall stop now, i could go on forever about plants…
    All i really wanted to say was thank you :)

14. Juli commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 4:51pm

I’m actually pretty good with plants, and have quite a collection at home. But a string of pearls plant somehow never survives… maybe just my luck, maybe bad quality plants at the garden centre?
    If I may add to your list: if you find you usually give your plants too much rather than too little water, a Monstera might be for you. It has gorgeous big leaves. A Yucca is also a plant that seems to survive quite some maltreatment – even if you think it’s dead, I often springs back to life after some TLC and water.

15. julie commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:02pm

That’s a lovely assortment of plants. Thank you.
    I planted a couple of clippings from my mom’s Christmas cactus last May. By Christmas this year it had more than doubled in size and was loaded with blooms. It has been so fun to watch and quite easy to care for if it gets the morning sun light and you don’t over water.

16. dervla @ the curator commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:16pm

yay i was happy to see aloe and haworthia on this list, i have both in my almost windowless office and they are thriving. Plus i get paper cuts daily (the risks of a book editor’s job) and I frequently use a little bit of the aloe to soothe my cuts!
    dervla @ the curator´s last blog post ..My window

17. rebekka commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:34pm

Great, but i killed a burros tail (Sedum morganianum)! ^^
    rebekka´s last blog post ..Butzenblicke – Blick in die Bude!

18. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:52pm

@Rebekka – ha ha and those are HARD to kill, I mean you really have to neglect them for like months, take it from me. :)

19. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:53pm

@Dervia – Yeah, my aloe is thriving too. It was in my husband’s home office for most of the time though, which is most likely why – he took great care of it but gave it back to me last week. So far, so good. :)

20. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:54pm

@Julie – My husband has a beautiful Christmas cactus, it blooms each year that he’s had it. He’s great with plants too.

21. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:57pm

@Sandra – It’s okay because when I saw SPIDER PLANTS I thought, “Okay maybe I need to rethink this”. :) You are right, I bet it has more to do with them being in hanging planters. Also, that’s a great idea about trailing plants. I’m often scared to cut them down… Yes, I think I overwater them and then not water for two months, then over water again… it’s not good really at all. I plan to change this!
    THANK YOU SANDRA for your wonderful comments!!!

22. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:58pm

@Hanna – How did you kill them? Like what are you doing, maybe some experts can help diagnose your problem if you mention HOW you are killing your succulents because honestly, they are hard to kill even for me. ;)

23. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 5:59pm

@Hanna – Yeah I started to get into them last Spring but then lost interest when I got pregnant – I was sick for 5 months straight so I put my plant interests on hold. But now that I’ve moved, I’m decorating and prepping for springtime – I just keep thinking it’s time to once and for all figure out how to be a good plant mommy. ;)

24. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 6:00pm

@Melissa – you are so cute. Nice to see you and your comment. xoxo

25. decor8 commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 6:01pm

@Christina – How are you killing your plants do you think? Neglect? Not following care instructions on the tag? Pots too small? Are they too close to a heat source? Are you over watering? I bet if we plant killers try to identify HOW we are killing our plants, we can better avoid doing so in the future.

26. tinajo commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 6:09pm

I always love suckulents, they work for me!
    tinajo´s last blog post ..Happy, happy birthday to my sweet little (big) one!

27. Aga @ Passion shake commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 6:09pm

This is great and so true! I killed all my plants except one – spider plant and to be honest I think unless you really want to kill it, it will survive (even without water!) Not that I’ve tried! I’m just saying! ;)) I’ll definitely chose something more from this survivor’s list so thanks a lot for sharing! xx
    Aga @ Passion shake´s last blog post ..Trend shake: Shades of blue in 2014

28. Stephanie | glitter and goat cheese commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 6:38pm

I’ve killed an echeveria, a palm and a pine. I have mad skills.
    For the record, everybody says fiddle leaf figs are tricky, but if you have a good sunny window, they’re really not bad!
    Stephanie | glitter and goat cheese´s last blog post ..My Take on West Elm Succulent Terrariums

29. Samuel Smith commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 7:03pm

Pothos and Spiderplant are great traditional plants. May I suggest adding the ZZ Plant to your list? Zamioculcas Zamiifolia en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zamioculcas They thrive with just a little water and are quite beautiful with emerald foliage.

30. Door commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 7:09pm

Thats what we need!
    Door´s last blog post ..Sint-Michielsplein 12

31. Kerry | MerryatSeven commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 7:59pm

I would add a lemon tree to that list.. We planted a seed/pip from a lemon nearly 6 years ago and it’s the only plant I havent yet killed. I just water it when it looks a little sad. Sounds a bit mean really!

32. Sarah commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 8:37pm

I definitely need a list like this. When I say that all my plants die, I mean all. I water them so I’m not sure what it is. I’m going to be moving to a home with a lot of natural light so that may help some. Thanks again for sharing this list Holly.:)
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Made My Week…Leading on Purpose Seminar With Lynette Lewis

33. Marty commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 8:43pm

I had a black thumb until I learned two important things: put the plant where it needs to be ( read the guide ) and then water all plants on Sunday morning. Some will take a little time to adjust to the schedule but they all do. This relieves the ” did I water the plant recently?” problem.
    About watering: if no water comes out the bottom of the pot, water more until it does and if the plant tray is still filled with water on Monday you are watering too much. Plants need oxygen as well as water and it is drowning without air being able to get in the soil.
    No one ever says “I’d love to have a dog but I keep forgetting to feed them and they die”. Every living thing needs some attention. Do you love it enough to give it?

34. maria commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 9:14pm

I am absolutely lethal to plants. Cacti, whatever. They are doomed as soon as i set my eyes on them.
    This gives me hope.
    maria´s last blog post ..Why May Lindstrom is a smart cookie

35. Jennifer commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 9:19pm

Thakn you for posting this, I’ve been known for a while not only to have a brown thumb but a “black thumb” as if each of my fingers could give the kiss of death to my plants :_< I think with a little more balance of time this year, I'll finally tackle that little corner of my home and mind!

36. Anu commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 9:48pm

Great list! I have many different house plants in my home, but only one of those in this list – hawthoria. Since I’ve had it (it’s little bit strange to name the plant IT, but to use HE or SHE seems even more strange) only for couple of months it’s really hard to tell how bombproof it is. But it certainly looks good!

As for other easy-to-care plants I have two to add: Zamioculcas zamiifolia and Sansevieria Cylindrica (I use latin names, because I’m not sure about the English version of their names). Both of them look good and survive with minimal care. Sometimes I forget to water them for quite a long periods, because they need much less watering than my other plants and so I skip them during my watering sessions and usually forget about when I skipped them and when I watered and … I need some kind of watering schedule, I think :)

Good luck for growing into green thumb and all the best for the exciting time you have :)
    Anu´s last blog post ..Today’s favourite: White space with black and brown details

37. anchor cottage commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 10:16pm

Think baby proof as some of those plants are poison for a baby. I think the Arrowhead vine may be one of those.

38. caroline @trend-daily commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 10:23pm

Really love these last two posts Holly. House plants are close to my heart, but I actually know nothing about them and have to work VERY hard to keep them alive! :-)
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..launch…issuu homebarn lookbook

39. Nina Frøkedal commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 10:24pm

Thanks!

This is just the right post for me! Im not too good with plants…Actually, i see that ive managed to kill one of the plants ure showing…Bad sign…

But there is always a next time right? :)

Love ure blog! Hugs from Norway

40. Corenne commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 10:48pm

Zanzibar Gem’s are very hard to kill, require little watering and do well in low light.

41. Holly commented
    January 16th, 2014 at 11:32pm

Some great plant ideas there! I’d also like to add the Peace Lily (or Spathiphyllum) (this plant is often found inside office buildings in Australia, so that tells you how hardy they are! Plus they have beautiful deep green glossy leaves and pretty white flowers); the Zanzibar Gem (Zamioculcas zamiifolia-, which ‘thrives on neglect'; the green supreme (Caliphruria subedentata, or mini Amazon lily) if you can find one); and the Dracaena Costa Rica Compacta, which is considered by some to be the hardiest indoor plant species. The Peace Lily and Dracaena are also great at filtering toxins from the air :)

42. Kendra commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 3:12am

Pretty! I’ve killed about half of those plants. I took the time to invest in those “hearty hard to kill plants” and I still kill them! Next investment, fake plants. ;P

43. Bronwyn commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 4:01am

I can testify to the Arrowhead Vine – I have had mine for over 20 years – it has travelled interstate and back again and is pretty much ignored – it does live outside in a pot though – in a lightly shady area outside my back door – I never water it, never feed it and it has stayed the same for all this time!!!

44. Inness commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 4:04am

I DID once manage to kill an aloe vera plant, but that’ll happen if you leave it in a windowless bathroom for months.. whoops. Moving into a new house soon and hopefully I can keep future succulents alive!

45. The Ficus Wrangler commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 5:16am

Hanna,

Succulents aren’t hard to kill, if you don’t let them get dry all the way to the bottom of the pot between waterings. And most of them need high light, too.

46. The Ficus Wrangler commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 5:59am

I’m thrilled to have found your site, with so many people who are interested in having houseplants. I’ve been an Interior Landscaper for 30 years – that means I’ve been involved in the industry that takes care of all the live plants in offices, hotels, restaurants, etc. I’d love to give you my take on the “hard to kill” plants. Those are the ones that are used commonly in commercial situations, precisely because they are easy to grow, beautiful, easy to find, and cheap. I would say the 5 easiest are sanseveria, pothos, peace lily, Chinese evergreen, and corn plant. If you want to add 5 more, try ZZ, heart leaf philodendron, arrowhead, neanthe bella palm, and bamboo palm. Then there’s always spider plant, hoya, aspidistra, ficus alii, and areca palm. Another 5 could be pachira, schefflera, janet craig, warneckei, and ficus banjamina. There are quite a few more, 40 -50 plants routinely used commercially, but these are some of my favorites.

47. Marty commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 6:11am

Marty,

I’m so sorry. That last remark came out so snotty sounding. It wasn’t meant to be. Accept my apologies. The day will come when you help plants thrive and you’ll see how easy it really is.

48. meg commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 6:43am

This is helpful! I have several of these hard-to-kill houseplants and I have to say, they are doing well. Thanks for sharing

49. Laurence W commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 7:41am

Thank you for this great list ! I’m getting to like succulents because they are easy to care for and don’t need much room !

50. decor8 commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 10:17am

In reading your comments, I’m glad I titled this post HARD TO KILL not IMPOSSIBLE TO KILL – lol!!!

51. Cathy from KY commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 11:07am

ZZ. Plant…my favorite hard to kill plant.

52. sue commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 5:58pm

what a great post. I can vouch for geraniums, I have them on the windowsill every summer, and they are amazingly hardy. I love the look of the ghost plant, what a super colour.
    sue´s last blog post ..Flourishing

53. Sandra commented
    January 17th, 2014 at 6:45pm

The ZZ plant is poisonous tho, that’s why i didn’t put it in the list =(
    But for those with no babies/pets – it sure is easy!

54. Katie commented
    January 19th, 2014 at 5:40am

Great post!! Aloe is one of my favs … hard to kill, pretty, and useful too! :)
    Katie´s last blog post ..My Favorite Ways to Overcome Creative Block

55. Barbara Cortili commented
    January 19th, 2014 at 5:30pm

We have been having a rubber plant for years now and it is definitely immortal! I didn’t know many of this so it is a very useful post! I love that myrsine plant , it looks kinda cute!
    Barbara Cortili´s last blog post ..5 Golden Rules To Social Network Users

56. eleni commented
    January 19th, 2014 at 7:24pm

I actually own quite a few of those plants and it’s so true!!! They just don’t die!!!
    eleni´s last blog post ..In the kitchen- spinach and chickpea sauté with fried bread toasts

57. zhi / curiouszhi commented
    January 19th, 2014 at 11:42pm

OOh thanks for these. I cannot seem to keep plants alive long either so all I have are cut flowers which I buy every week to make the house a bit prettier. I’ve been toying with the idea of getting a little succulent but wasn’t sure which variety to go for so your list is timely! I like the Echeverias and Zebra Haworthia plants so will look out for them..
    zhi / curiouszhi´s last blog post ..Covet : Living Room Style

58. Kate commented
    January 20th, 2014 at 6:18am

THANK you for this.

59. Lindsey commented
    January 21st, 2014 at 12:32pm

Thanks for this. I don’t usually kill plants but my place has very little light in areas where I can put plants. I will definitely check out some of these options.

60. Wendy commented
    January 25th, 2014 at 10:22am

Are all of these pet friendly?

61. Sally commented
    January 25th, 2014 at 8:16pm

In my last apartment I had almost no natural light which meant that most plants died except for phalenopsis orchids (my favourite) and certain ferns. I moved upstairs to a bigger apartment with lots of light and now it’s too bright for all of those orchids and ferns! I’ve gone for succulents and airplants instead.
    Also, I just thought I’d point out (as I’m sure many others have) that the picture above isn’t a geranium! The Better Homes and Garden webpage put the wrong picture with the description. Oops!
    Sally´s last blog post ..Calling All Party Animals…

62. Kim commented
    January 25th, 2014 at 9:08pm

Thanks for the info. I am terrible with plantx. I did manage to kill a spider plant.

63. Ginger commented
    January 26th, 2014 at 1:38am

Thanks so much for this list. There’s a few on here that I want to try to find in my neck of the woods cuz they look so pretty!

64. Miss Eliza WonDerland commented
    January 26th, 2014 at 12:57pm

Thanks for doing this! I’m super lazy too but love the idea of surrounding myself with plants

Miss Eliza WonDerland

65. lynn commented
    January 26th, 2014 at 2:56pm

My husband purchases a Norfolk Island Pine every year!!! I can’t seem to keep mine alive….so disappointing. Maybe I should purchase a few succulents – although they aren’t my favorite. LOL

66. Abigail commented
    January 26th, 2014 at 4:00pm

Great post as I am currently looking for some plants to make my room a bit more colourful. :) ♥ I have a little cactus and I find they’re difficult to kill because they don’t need much water.
    Also, my Mum used to have a rubber plant and it grew quite big, I love the look of them.
    Abigail´s last blog post ..My Anniversary Present for Him

67. qatheworld commented
    January 27th, 2014 at 7:30am

I have unfortunately killed several strings of pearls and a burro’s tail! :( And a few of the others, at least one jade and “string of hearts” (though those took much longer to succumb). If you grow a jade plant, try to root the leaves whenever they fall/get knocked off… they root fairly easily and then at least you have a backup :P (I do have some “clones” of previously killed plants). Haven’t figured out what the trick is with string of pearls though, they always die a rapid death.

68. decor8 commented
    January 27th, 2014 at 12:44pm

@Wendy – Not sure, maybe you can google the ones you and like and look into it.

69. Crista commented
    January 27th, 2014 at 5:27pm

This is a great list! I’m bookmarking it for sure….
    I need to know which plants don’t require as much sunlight, my new place has very little sun shining in (not happy about it!!)
    Crista´s last blog post ..changes

70. Blanco y Chocolat. commented
    February 4th, 2014 at 10:04pm

thanks for this wonderful post.
    i would like to share it on my blog tomorrow, of course telling the source.
    thanks!!
    sara

71. Alicia Parsons @ Atypical Type A commented
    February 13th, 2014 at 12:34am

Thanks so much for this list! I really want to add more greenery to our home but I don’t have a good track record of keeping pots alive – I need something indestructible!
    Alicia Parsons @ Atypical Type A´s last blog post ..Lessons learnt from small space living

72. Pat commented
    February 18th, 2014 at 8:42am

Remember to check out the plants for toxicity if you have pets.

73. Christine commented
    February 25th, 2014 at 11:55pm

It’s about time I added some plants to our home so it’s going to be a little project for me over the coming weeks. But with a dog, toddler and another baby on the way I want to be sure about whether they’re safe.

There are some tips here: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/tara-heibel/baby-proof-plants_b_2741861.html

And a PDF here listing toxic and non-toxic plants: http://www.calpoison.org/hcp/KNOW%20YOUR%20PLANTS-plant%20list%20for%20CPCS%2009B.pdf

Hope the links are helpful!
    Christine´s last blog post ..a crafty life: a scarf for me (yes me!)

74. The Queen of Dreaming commented
    February 27th, 2014 at 6:50pm

Cool post! I kinda kill every plant I meet, even if I really love them (actually I study them at university!), I don’t know what0s wrong with me T.T
    I’ll try with ghost plant, it’s so fascinating!
    The Queen of Dreaming´s last blog post ..Senigallia: day 2

75. Meenakshi Dwivedi commented
    March 25th, 2014 at 6:27am

i have these plants :)

76. Abril commented
    May 3rd, 2014 at 2:00am

Oh how exiting! Some of these are so pretty is hard to believe that they are easy to take care of….which is exactly what I need ♥¡

77. Shelley commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 7:18am

I have a pothos that is 40 years old. It’s been through 5 moves, it’ seen cut back to a manageable size several times. And it’ sever had great sunlight. I love it!

78. GLENDA commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 3:37pm

Sedum is great in drought and is left outside in winter. spider plant also live in drought–I killed my norfolk pine last year that I got on after Christmas Clearance. Second one not looking well. Advise would be welcome.

79. GLENDA commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 3:38pm

have not succeeded with rubber plant or palm either

80. Liza commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 4:17pm

Faith | Ordinary Mommy Design,

Begonias, Coleus & atleast some Dracaena do well with low light.

81. Carolina Mello commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 9:26pm

Love succulents!
    Carolina Mello´s last blog post ..Suculentas

82. kathy stauffer commented
    May 13th, 2014 at 9:46pm

i love your site, i aM A REAL LOVER OF PLANTS AND FLOWERS, I NEED TO KNOW WHAT PLANTS ARE POISION TO CATS AND LOVE BIRD, PARRIOETTE THANK YOU

I LOVE YOUR SITE. I LOVE PLANTS AND FLOWERS ALOT. PLS TELL ME WHAT POISION PLANTS FOR CATS AND LOVEBIRD, PARRIOT. THANK YOU

83. Darla commented
    May 14th, 2014 at 12:48am

I would like to see a list of plants that doesn’t need a lot of light. My house is lacking light.

84. Michele Joslin commented
    May 14th, 2014 at 1:16pm

Thanks for this list of indoor plants that are hard to kill. I’ve tried many times and I used to bring them to my mom who would bring them back to life. I can’t do that anymore because she passed away in 2005. I also was wondering if you had a list of outdoor plants that are easy to care for? I’ve tried to plant annuals & perinnuals but they end up dying on me. Help!!!

85. Sheila commented
    May 14th, 2014 at 10:49pm

Melissa de la Fuente,

Jade plants are hardy until you try to repot them. They break apart really easily. But I have to say, I repotted mine and although it went from being a big plant to just a stick (because it’s branches fell off), it IS still alive.

86. Romana commented
    May 31st, 2014 at 12:38am

me too…sadly

87. Kelly commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 10:58am

The ghost plant and Burros tail look amazing and are sure to be a conversation piece! Can’t wait to buy mine!

88. Morgan commented
    July 25th, 2014 at 7:25am

I will second that. I am a serial houseplant killer as well, but I have a meyer lemon tree in my sunny dining room that is awesome! It is always doing something fun; growing new little leaves (really fast!), blooming, with GIANT lemons. Very easy to care for, and really pretty with big emerald colored leaves.

89. Sonuahua commented
    September 15th, 2014 at 1:05am

yes I have killed a few of these.. and have 3 of them dying now and 2 others pulling out of a near death experience… my aloe is doing great, but I killed the first one and learned that they almost hate water…. I water the new one a bit about once every 3 or 4 weeks now and it is about 5x the size and has two babies :) a year later yay !! success !!

90. Elinore commented
    December 18th, 2014 at 8:35pm

Just found this on Pinterest…I’ve got a Burrow’s Tail plant and don’t know anything about it other than I water it every other week…it’s hanging and at times the little nodes fall off ….what does one do to help it grow well?…when and how much water is needed for it….and lastly transplanting this very fragile plant so I don’t lose the nodes hanging down…..thanx so much…have a great day !! Ellie