Pretty Floral Pairings Inspired By Liberty London

Hello everyone! While I wait for our little baby to make his grand appearance into the world (I was due yesterday!), I thought I’d blog a little before hitting the morning farmers’ market. How are you? I’m thinking a lot lately about flowers and how excited I am to see them this spring more than ever before because it’s been so cold and since Leslie and I have a book coming out all about flowers soon and we can’t WAIT to show it to you! Flowers are all the rage and have been trending for ages in fashion and interiors but now more than ever before, lots of people are taking a more natural approach to styling them and even going further to experiment with new ideas that include paper and real blooms to create imaginative displays that  break tradition. I love seeing this trend! I spot lots of creatives planning floral workshops this year, flower series on their blogs, and Leslie and I are hoping to teach a color-filled floral arranging workshop in London this May so you can see some of our creative ideas with flowers from the book and hang out with us for the day. Flower power, baby!

prettyfloralpairings

With all of this flower talk, I want to show you some of the spring-y Liberty prints for S/S 2014 that I’ve paired up with some favorite photos I’ve found online that make me so happy. I’m particularly in love with this one and this one. I hope this mini flower post inspires you today and gets your mind focused on spring and off of the snow and gray clouds. I personally can’t wait until I can plant my balcony and decorate with flowers in my home – I’m dying for some cherry blossoms for my dining room table and to style up some pretty arrangements to share here on the blog for you when our book releases to celebrate its launch. Okay, ready for some pretty floral pairings?

flowers1

Left: Liberty, Kaylie Sunshine C Tana Lawn Right: Cannelle et Vanille

flowers2

Left: The Gifts of Life Right: Liberty Theodora D Tana Lawn

flowers4

Left: Happy Mundane Right: Liberty Jody A Tana Lawn

flowers7

Left: Liberty Jess and Jean D Tana Lawn Right: Bemz

flowers3

Left: Juno’s Garden D Tana Lawn Right: Janne Peters

flowers5

Left: Anna G. Right: Liberty Phyllis C Tana Lawn

flowers6

Left: Liberty Jess and Jean B Crinkle Georgette Right: Line Thit Klein via Anna G.

flowers8

Left: Liberty Kaylie Sunshine B Tana Lawn Right: Matchbook Mag via Lovely Clusters

I love writing a post that inspires me and this one totally did that for me today. I want to print all of these out and tape them into my little inspiration  journal. Spring will come soon, I promise! Have a nice weekend everyone and thank you all for your well wishes for my husband and I and our baby-to-be! – Holly xo

(images linked to their sources above)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on February 01, 2014

1. Rona Wheeldon commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 11:48am

Hi Holly

Such a lovely blog post. We’re getting a little bit of sunshine today (a refreshing change to the deluges of rain!) and your images are totally in tune with the spring like feel in the air over here.

I can’t wait for your new book come out and your ‘color-filled floral arranging workshop in London this May’! :-)

I hope everything goes smoothly with the arrival of your little one.

Best wishes
    Rona x

2. Michelle commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 12:26pm

Beautiful fabrics paired with perfect photos. My favorite fabric is Liberty Jody. I have always loved Liberty London Prints. Looking forward to spring.

3. Alexandra commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 2:42pm

Hi Holly – how sweet of you – instead of sitting their, receiving flowers, you send out flowers to the world :) The collages are really beautiful, thank you so much for this colourful inspiration in this grey winter.

All the best for the 1/2/3 of you – actually, FEBRUARY is a much nicer month to be born in than January ;) Your son will love you (not only) for that.

Take care

Alexandra

4. Sywar commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 4:03pm

Beautiful pairing idea !

5. Andrea Shepherd commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 4:24pm

Nothing bring on the happy like a cute floral. Beautiful.
    Andrea Shepherd´s last blog post ..Calvin’s hearts

6. Kate @ Songs Kate Sang commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 5:09pm

Oh how lovely! Thank you for sharing this!
    Kate @ Songs Kate Sang´s last blog post ..Just Pictures | Phoenix Open 2014

7. Kat commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 5:19pm

Hi hunni
    Hope your little babe arrives soon & wishing you both well.
    This post is brimming with inspiration. I hadn’t seen the newest prints, and now I am loving SO many of them.
    Love kat x
    Kat´s last blog post ..The connection of mandalas

8. Louise de Miranda commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 6:24pm

What a lovely blog post, I love how you paired the prints. I hope your baby boy arrives soon. Have a great weekend Holly
    Louise de Miranda´s last blog post ..Must-see: Scatter My Ashes at Bergdorf’s

9. Sarah commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 6:46pm

I’ve always loved LIberty of London’s fantastic florals and back in the day, Laura Ashley did some gorgeous prints! I still miss a purple floral sundress and jumpsuits I had from Laura Ashley that I wish I had kept…fingers crossed your little bambino will make an appearance soon! xo
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Fab fashion…inspiration…

10. Melissa commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 9:06pm

such pretty and happy florals! Hoping that you have a joyful and healthy delivery and enjoy the last few days awaiting your baby’s arrival! How exciting.

11. Rue Marcellin commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 9:14pm

Beautiful flower patterns. You really did an excellent job pairing them with the photos.

Keep up the good work!

12. Christina Lacourte commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 10:27pm

Really lovely post. I totally agree, I love to see that the trend lately seems to be more laid back when it comes to floral arranging. i think that it’s easy for people to get hung up with (and sometimes intimidated by) the so-called rules of floral design. flowers are for everyone, and i’m looking forward to your upcoming book!

13. Kevin | Thou Swell commented
    February 1st, 2014 at 11:51pm

Perfect pairings! Liberty London has extraordinarily beautiful and intricate patterns…
    Kevin | Thou Swell´s last blog post ..Williams Sonoma Open Kitchen

14. Amber commented
    February 2nd, 2014 at 6:13am

Absolutely gorgeous!
    Amber´s last blog post ..The Liebster Award!

15. Tresia commented
    February 2nd, 2014 at 9:55am

lovely! I’m very inspired.

16. Tresia commented
    February 2nd, 2014 at 9:57am

Lovely floral combo. thanks
    Tresia´s last blog post ..BEAUTY

17. Eliza Easton commented
    February 2nd, 2014 at 9:04pm

Reminds me of the C18th aviary I looked at in my last blog. Liberty evidently takes inspiration from everywhere…
    x

18. Marian commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 12:15am

What a lovely concept for a post! I am knee deep in sewing bunting at the moment – big push for our wedding this summer – so I am definitely appreciating the florals too right now! Great inspiration, thanks.

Good luck when your little fella decides it’s time for his grand entrance!
    Marian´s last blog post ..DIY Memory Quilt

19. Mary commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 2:58am

The top right for the first pic is my favorite, the one that is so geometric. I love Liberty London’s approach to prints. There is a video I saw online of some of their designers talking about them. So inspiring!

20. Lucy Chen commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 7:20am

Thank you for the inspiration, Holly. Best best wishes to your baby’s arrival! Hope we will see you soon with a new little human!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..How “America: Painting a Nation” Has Inspired Me

21. mel commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 10:55am

Perfect paring Holly, such a fun and creative exercise. My home feels lost without flowers and I always prefer the freshly picked from the garden look. Loads of wonderful things your way. M x
    mel´s last blog post ..Pinterest Talk | Michelle Halford of The Design Chaser

22. Kim commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 1:42pm

Love these pairings! The book sounds like it’s going to be lovely !
    Kim´s last blog post ..All the lovely splatters…

23. Molly {Dreams in HD} commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 2:40pm

what a lovely post holly!
    hope your baby arrives soon :)

Molly {Dreams in HD}

Molly {Dreams in HD}´s last blog post ..Travel :: Russia

24. Allyson commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 3:30pm

A great post to inspire, especially at this time of year! Liberty has always embraced beautiful designs filled with colour and intrigue and your post shows wonderfully how to take inspiration from those designs and infuse a space with the same feeling and colour. Thanks for taking the time to share.
    Allyson´s last blog post ..We do Event Styling & Consulting

25. Mina commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 4:23pm

I love that brand and their floral patterns. Beautiful pairings!

26. Margaret commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 6:09pm

This post inspire me …
    I love how flowers make a room feel fresh and bright.

Wishing you all the best with your expected new arrival.
    Margaret

Margaret´s last blog post ..Industrial style

27. Kasia commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 8:05pm

Very pretty and sweet! You got me inspired with these floral parings, thanks!
    Kasia´s last blog post ..Rug Equivalents to Grammy’s 2014 Best Dressed

28. Tanya mc Donagh commented
    February 3rd, 2014 at 11:18pm

Hi Holly, lovely post. I have book pre ordered and am looking forward to it. Baby still hanging in there, but as they say the apple will fall when ripe. My baby jack is four months today and my husband is 36 today. I just saw another comment here, are you doing a flower workshop in London in May? Can I get details off you if you have time please? I missed this! Also do you know if liberty london sell off cuts of there fabrics? Like to wrap, or make ribbons or like you have made tassels?
    Thanks Holly,and good luck with safe delivery xoxo

29. Glenda Childers commented
    February 5th, 2014 at 2:28am

Such a sweet way to spend your time … enjoying flowers … as you wait.

Fondly,
    Glenda
    Glenda Childers´s last blog post ..The Day I Spoke at Lucy’s Memorial … Before She Died

30. Tiffany @ Triple Crème Decadence commented
    February 5th, 2014 at 9:13am

Congratulations! These are adorable. Thanks for sharing!

31. Emily ChiChiFurniture commented
    February 5th, 2014 at 12:25pm

Lovely post, especially as whilst I write this the rain is hammering down!! I long for spring. Adding florals whether wallpaper or beautiful upholstery can really lift a space and create a stunning feature and it introduces colours to a scheme that can then be carried on throughout.
    Hope your little one arrives soon – so exciting :O)

32. Nova @ 18chelseamews commented
    February 5th, 2014 at 10:39pm

These are gorgeous pairings and I love Liberty prints like no other!
    Great post. Thanks for sharing
    Nova @ 18chelseamews´s last blog post ..3 Things I’m Loving Right Now

33. Wrenaissance Art commented
    February 7th, 2014 at 3:29pm

I’ve always loved Liberty prints. These are so pretty and Tana Lawn is a great summer weight for a broomstick skirt or sundress.
    Their small scale means they’d be perfect paired with a stripe or a plaid for a preppy bohemian summer look!
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..On my walk: A snowy day

34. Mariella commented
    February 10th, 2014 at 10:42pm

Hi there! I HAVE to become brave enough to use some wall paper in my house. It’s so pretty and unique. Thanks for the inspiration!
    Mariella´s last blog post ..Valentine’s Breakfast for two

35. Katherine commented
    February 14th, 2014 at 10:41pm

those pairings are great! I really like the yellow and the grey one – great inspirations for wallpaper!
    Katherine´s last blog post ..Need Help! Stylists Please Apply!

36. Mitzi Curi commented
    February 16th, 2014 at 1:00am

I adore floral prints, either on fabric or wallpaper. Your pairings are perfect….cheerful and a great reminder that spring is on the way!
    Mitzi Curi´s last blog post ..Embellished Glass Canisters Craft Tutorial

37. Rachel Follett commented
    February 16th, 2014 at 11:27pm

Beautiful post! I really love how you matched them together. Very inspiring! Thank you for the via! Here is the full link to the last interior photo. http://lovelyclusters.blogspot.com/2011/04/linda-rodin-olios-home.html
    Rachel Follett´s last blog post ..Happy Valentine’s #100happydays #valentines #heart by…