Sequined Hangers

Okay so this is a short but very sweet post about a current love of mine, sequined hangers. I thought during the holidays to glue them all over a wooden pants hanger that I have in my studio in which I like to clip prints onto but then I came across this photo from adore magazine and knew my idea must have wings because there it is, that’s what I had imagined only a few months prior. Though this looks even better because I’m suspecting these babies aren’t glued on but are most likely a fabric trim sewn on or something along those lines.

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 2.55.51 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 2.59.59 PM

Screen Shot 2014-03-06 at 2.56.02 PM

I’ve seen hangers used to display art for some time now (nothing new, right?) but to see the hangers adorned with sequins takes it up a notch. I’ve seen crochet, plain wood, painted and fabric hangers but fancy sequin hangers are HOT. You can buy the ones you see above at The Chic Element online.

Do you like these as much as I do?

(images: adore mag/the chic element)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips on March 06, 2014

1. Tina Ramchandani commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 3:03pm

Timely post. I’ve been seeing these all over instagram! Although they do look nice in the closet, I don’t know if I would use them. Not sure about hanging my clothing on sequins. But they are pretty!

2. Lauren commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 3:06pm

Oh wow, these are gorgeous – almost too nice to use!

x
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Edible Art

3. Lauren commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 3:06pm

Oh wow, these are gorgeous – almost too nice to use!

x
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Edible Art

4. Karine Fortier commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 3:19pm

What a great idea – love it!
    Karine Fortier´s last blog post ..Delicious Jello molds

5. Allyson commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 3:38pm

Totally in love! I agree that the sequin really does bring it up a notch and transforms a simple hanger into a fantastic way to showcase art, bring quirk to a space and just make it fun.
    Allyson´s last blog post ..Tips on Selecting the Right Linens for your Party

6. Bonnie commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 5:58pm

Just gotta love when everyday objects get transformed like this. It is so inspiring.
    Bonnie´s last blog post ..In her sleep she grabs my hand

7. Sabbie Narwal commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 7:25pm

These are fantastic! Truly! I just had to show them to people sitting around me too—I just have not seen sequins on hangers before and would never have dreamed it up myself. But they are really lovely and I really want a set!
    Sabbie Narwal´s last blog post ..A Dose of Perspective with a Dash of Eccentricity

8. Clever Girl Reviews commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 8:47pm

I think I may do this to a pant hanger and then use it to show off necklaces!
    Clever Girl Reviews´s last blog post ..Kitchen Tips: Elevate The Everyday With Flavored Oils

9. Maria commented
    March 6th, 2014 at 9:24pm

These look really cool! They would be an eye-catcher in our warderobe. I’ll think about it :-)
    Maria´s last blog post ..DIY/Tutorial: Tangram mit Klebefolie

10. Kim commented
    March 7th, 2014 at 12:57am

So pretty and fun! I think I’ll be trying to make this soon!

11. April Louise commented
    March 16th, 2014 at 11:18pm

I love these sequined hangers, what a brilliant way to hang up art too!
    April Louise´s last blog post ..Hand Stamped Blinds

12. Angel commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 4:47am

Oh what a fantastic idea! I might have a go at making one in silver for my baby girl’s nursery.
    Angel´s last blog post ..Helaina’s nursery featured on Interiors Addict