Decorating With Anemones

We were out with the baby today at the farmer’s market and I felt so inspired by the sunshine, mid 60s temps and gorgeous flowers everywhere on the market that I had to select some blooms for my home to bring a little springtime indoors. Plus, we’re having guests this weekend so flowers are a must. I came across two bundles of fuchsia anemones and couldn’t resist for only 6 Euros. We went home and I instantly selected some of my favorite white vases from my cabinet, snipped the stems and added them to the vases arranging them down the center of the table. I’m not one who likes to “fuss” with flowers and definitely go for a more relaxed vibe when I work with them, so here is what my dining room looks like after a few pretty anemones.

an1

By the way, this is the dining room in December before we moved in and had the room painted with Farrow & Ball “Dimpse” gray and added my furniture along with a gorgeous overhead light. Pretty dismal right?

beforediningbecker

With a little spruce-up it’s already looking worlds better and wayyyy more “me”. This room doubles as my work studio where I teach classes, so it’s a room where I frequently get creative – I really love the natural light in this space.

an6

Here are some more pics of the lovely anemones in my home. I hope this little post inspires you to go out, find some pretty springtime blooms, add them to a space in your home in a very simple way and just ENJOY the beauty of nature.

an2

an5
an3
an7

(images: Holly Becker except image #3, taken by Thorsten Becker)

Posted by decor8 in Decorating Tips, Flowers on March 13, 2014

1. Vicky commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 6:16pm

beautiful! this colour is wonderful !

2. Ewelina commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 6:37pm

The flowers are gorgeous! Look like from Marimekko fabrics! I haven’t seen them in my country yet (actually I checked the name of it in dictionary and it looked completely different). I wonder if I can sow the seeds in my garden
    Ewelina´s last blog post ..How much do you carry?

3. Adam commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 7:42pm

Wow, what a transformation. The dining room looks fantastic

4. Jess commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 8:16pm

Holly where is your beautiful dining table from?
    Thanks,
    Jess

5. Debbie commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 8:18pm

Holly, love the light above the dining table. I live in NL an am in the midst of a living-dining room remodel. I am looking for 2 complimentary, yet different hanging light fixtures…one for each room I know you have connections here. Where can I look? I’ve tried the usual places to no avail. It’s all so boring . Thoughts? Thx.

6. Vanessa Nouwens commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 8:40pm

Holly an amazing transformation thanks for sharing.
    Would love to see more pics of this room.

7. Yvonne commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 8:52pm

Beautiful! Also love your dining room wall colour – what colour is that?

8. Valentina commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 9:36pm

Love the way you decorated this room Holly. I’m sure you’ll be even more creative working hire.

9. Anastasia of Stilzitat commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 10:00pm

This is so fresh and pretty! Not too long ago I had a centerpiece made with anemones. They are one of my favorite flowers right now because of their cute little faces… Spring is so inspiring! Have a great weekend with your guests! XO Anastasia
    Anastasia of Stilzitat´s last blog post ..DIY: CONCRETE WALLS

10. Jessica Senti commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 10:34pm

Gorgeous!

11. Nicky khan commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 11:29pm

I’m smitten! Going to the market tomorrow morning to get flowers!
    Thank you Holly for the lovely inspiration.
    Love your dining room/studio! It’s simply stunning.
    Love always x

12. Karen commented
    March 13th, 2014 at 11:44pm

Beautiful post, Holly! I love white vases — I think I’ll start collecting them — they look great!

13. Aga @ Passion shake commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:02am

Jess,

It caught my attention as well and I would love to know where to get it from :)
    Aga @ Passion shake´s last blog post ..Inspiration from Heal’s

14. LorB commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:22am

So pretty and delicate…

15. Kate commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 1:02am

Holly, what a simply beautiful space you have created for your little family. To be able to work in this space too would be a pleasure! It is amazing how a space can have so much beautiful light and yet with the right furniture and a rug and the perfect coat of grey paint, seem so warm and comforting. I am in love with the light above the dining room table too – super special.

16. Heather commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 1:39am

This room is simply stunning. I too am wondering where that gorgeous lighting is from?!

17. Michelle - Jarrah Jungle commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 2:07am

Youve made just simple changes to the room but what a difference, its really brought the room to life! Its your magical touch!!
    I agree flowers are a must when entertaining, or anytime really to brighten up the home :)
    Michelle – Jarrah Jungle´s last blog post ..Kidspot Voices Of 2014 – Nominee

18. jja commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 2:26am

I liked the bench already on instagram, do you have another radiator in the room? The bench is in front of that one and this room looks very big to heat.
    I liked the door of the room a lot!
    How would you call this type of the door in english?

19. Jahaila commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 2:34am

So beautiful!!! I love how the pink anemones just pops in the room!!! And so love those Eames chairs!!! Truly inspired.

20. Tante Mali commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 4:59am

Hi Dear,
    what a room!!!! And the setting is perfect! Love your stile and your blog.
    Thank you for sharing all the things you create and found!
    All the best from Austria
    Elisabeth
    Tante Mali´s last blog post ..Something about me ….

21. Molly Watson commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 5:58am

What a beautiful, bright space! I love the doors entering into your room. Such a great place for being creative, too. When we lived in Germany I longed for a bright space like this since gloomy days really darkened up our home with not so many windows…and those gloomy days and weeks liked to stick around! I love how flowers can instantly change the mood :)

22. Ani commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 5:58am

Anemones are my favorites and sometimes hard to find here in the Boston area. Makes them even more precious! Your flower arranging is after my own heart. I love the pink with white. And that first photo is so stunning, I can’t stop looking at it! All the photos are beautiful. And the room is perfect.
    Ani´s last blog post ..a new beginning

23. Laurence W commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 7:56am

I love these flowers and the colours you chose!

24. Melody Flam commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 8:15am

wow, amazing color :)
    Pretty flowers really can improve my mood!

25. Kreetta commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 9:26am

I just love Anemones. They are so adorable. I’m also so happy that the light is coming back and we can photograph with it and enjoy of it. Your dining room looks lovely. Have a sunny weekend Holly!
    Kreetta´s last blog post ..Pineapple, Cabbage, Protea and Tillandsias

26. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:37am

Jess, Hello Jess! It is the Loop Stand Table from HAY Denmark. http://hay.dk/ The size I purchased is: L 250 x D 92.5 x H 74 cm.

27. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:38am

Debbie, You have so many options living in The Netherlands, so try Sukka in Amsterdam, HK Living, Sissy Boy Homeland, and look at magazines like VTWonen and check their products and advertisers – lots of great resources in their mag.

28. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:39am

Yvonne, Hello Yvonne! It’s called DIMPSE from Farrow & Ball. It’s a pale gray and gorgeous! http://www.farrow-ball.com/dimpse/colours/farrow-ball/fcp-product/100277

29. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:41am

Aga @ Passion shake, I bought the pendant from Bodie & Fou, it’s called the Z1 Cotton lamp by Nelson Sepuvelda, you can google it to see where it is sold in your part of the world or contact Bodie & Fou to see if they’ll ship it to you.

30. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:41am
  31. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:43am

jja, Pocket doors connect this room to my office (they hide inside of the walls and pull out with handles. The doors that lead into the room fold like an accordion, they are sort of in the style of French doors or bi-fold doors.

32. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:45am

jja, I forgot to answer your other question – the gray bench is in front of the radiator but because the pocket doors are always open, and the room never gets cold, the radiator in the adjacent room heats both rooms just fine. Though, if I need to put the heater on in this room it’s also fine since the heat isn’t blocked and still comes out and warms the room just fine. The bonus is that the bench conceals the ugly radiator!

33. decor8 commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:45am

Valentina,

What does “working hire” mean?

34. Emily commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 11:49am

Such a gorgeous, inspiring space Holly and I adore the anemones. Just beautiful, fresh and full of Spring joy! x
    Emily´s last blog post ..Making dreams happen

35. Debbie commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:15pm

decor8,

Thx….will see what I can find.

36. Lauren Holden commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:29pm

Flowers make every room look so much more inviting, don’t they? Not that your beautiful dining room needed any help on that front.

I recently bought some gorgeous hyacinths and their scent has filled the house.

I also wrote a very similar post about flowers over on my blog.

x

37. Chi chi Furniture commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 12:53pm

The power of the flower – what a difference flowers make – beautiful.

38. Christina Lacourte commented
    March 14th, 2014 at 6:23pm

Beautiful! I’m loving anemones lately – I just did a post about them on my own blog :-) There’s something so chic about them. Thanks for the post!
    Christina Lacourte´s last blog post ..simple flowers: anemone bouquet

39. Andrea Cole commented
    March 15th, 2014 at 6:19am

Beautiful, don’t think I could handle the deer on the wall though.
    Andrea Cole´s last blog post ..Homemade Hand Sanitizer

40. Kendahl King commented
    March 15th, 2014 at 8:29am

Easy + Chic + Sleek = effortless decorating! what we love at constantsouffle
    Kendahl King´s last blog post ..Indie Wed

41. Lucy Chen commented
    March 16th, 2014 at 2:27am

These beautiful colorful pink anemones really add the most-needed colors to the room!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..About Control and Looseness in Painting

42. Sofia commented
    March 22nd, 2014 at 6:16pm

I love how you combined the flowers on the table!
    I wish I could decorate my dining table like this but my cat would really have fun kicking out the jars or destroying the flowers. :)

Thank you for sharing this!

Sofia
    Sofia´s last blog post ..My Vanity Table

43. keeratiz commented
    March 25th, 2014 at 5:35am

Great post,
    It’s simply stunning also fresh and pretty!
    I’m sure you’ll be even more creative working hire… Spring is so inspiring
    Thank you Holly for the lovely inspiration.

44. Bill Williams commented
    April 15th, 2014 at 2:13pm

Simple , but looks beautiful.