Decorating Tips

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

March 13, 2014

We were out with the baby today at the farmer’s market and I felt so inspired by the sunshine, mid 60s temps and gorgeous flowers everywhere on the market that I had to select some blooms for my home to bring a little springtime indoors. Plus, we’re having guests this weekend so flowers are a must. I came across two bundles of fuchsia anemones and couldn’t resist for only 6 Euros. We went home and I instantly selected some of my favorite white vases from my cabinet, snipped the stems and added them to the vases arranging them down the center of the table. I’m not one who likes to “fuss” with flowers and definitely go for a more relaxed vibe when I work with them, so here is what my dining room looks like after a few pretty anemones.

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

By the way, this is the dining room in December before we moved in and had the room painted with Farrow & Ball “Dimpse” gray and added my furniture along with a gorgeous overhead light. Pretty dismal right?

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

With a little spruce-up it’s already looking worlds better and wayyyy more “me”. This room doubles as my work studio where I teach classes, so it’s a room where I frequently get creative – I really love the natural light in this space.

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

Here are some more pics of the lovely anemones in my home. I hope this little post inspires you to go out, find some pretty springtime blooms, add them to a space in your home in a very simple way and just ENJOY the beauty of nature.

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room
Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room
Decorating With Anemones In Your Dining Room

(images: Holly Becker except image #3, taken by Thorsten Becker)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Vicky March 13, 2014 at 6:16 pm

beautiful! this colour is wonderful !

• Reply Ewelina March 13, 2014 at 6:37 pm

The flowers are gorgeous! Look like from Marimekko fabrics! I haven’t seen them in my country yet (actually I checked the name of it in dictionary and it looked completely different). I wonder if I can sow the seeds in my garden

• Reply Adam March 13, 2014 at 7:42 pm

Wow, what a transformation. The dining room looks fantastic

• Reply Jess March 13, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Holly where is your beautiful dining table from?

• Reply Debbie March 13, 2014 at 8:18 pm

Holly, love the light above the dining table. I live in NL an am in the midst of a living-dining room remodel. I am looking for 2 complimentary, yet different hanging light fixtures…one for each room I know you have connections here. Where can I look? I’ve tried the usual places to no avail. It’s all so boring . Thoughts? Thx.

• Reply Vanessa Nouwens March 13, 2014 at 8:40 pm

Holly an amazing transformation thanks for sharing.
    Would love to see more pics of this room.

• Reply Yvonne March 13, 2014 at 8:52 pm

Beautiful! Also love your dining room wall colour – what colour is that?

• Reply Valentina March 13, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Love the way you decorated this room Holly. I’m sure you’ll be even more creative working hire.

• Reply Anastasia of Stilzitat March 13, 2014 at 10:00 pm

This is so fresh and pretty! Not too long ago I had a centerpiece made with anemones. They are one of my favorite flowers right now because of their cute little faces… Spring is so inspiring! Have a great weekend with your guests! XO Anastasia

• Reply Jessica Senti March 13, 2014 at 10:34 pm

• Reply Nicky khan March 13, 2014 at 11:29 pm

I’m smitten! Going to the market tomorrow morning to get flowers!
    Thank you Holly for the lovely inspiration.
    Love your dining room/studio! It’s simply stunning.
    Love always x

• Reply Karen March 13, 2014 at 11:44 pm

Beautiful post, Holly! I love white vases — I think I’ll start collecting them — they look great!

• Reply Aga @ Passion shake March 14, 2014 at 12:02 am

It caught my attention as well and I would love to know where to get it from :)

• Reply LorB March 14, 2014 at 12:22 am

So pretty and delicate…

• Reply Kate March 14, 2014 at 1:02 am

Holly, what a simply beautiful space you have created for your little family. To be able to work in this space too would be a pleasure! It is amazing how a space can have so much beautiful light and yet with the right furniture and a rug and the perfect coat of grey paint, seem so warm and comforting. I am in love with the light above the dining room table too – super special.

• Reply Heather March 14, 2014 at 1:39 am

This room is simply stunning. I too am wondering where that gorgeous lighting is from?!

• Reply Michelle - Jarrah Jungle March 14, 2014 at 2:07 am

Youve made just simple changes to the room but what a difference, its really brought the room to life! Its your magical touch!!
    I agree flowers are a must when entertaining, or anytime really to brighten up the home :)

• Reply jja March 14, 2014 at 2:26 am

I liked the bench already on instagram, do you have another radiator in the room? The bench is in front of that one and this room looks very big to heat.
    I liked the door of the room a lot!
    How would you call this type of the door in english?

• Reply Jahaila March 14, 2014 at 2:34 am

So beautiful!!! I love how the pink anemones just pops in the room!!! And so love those Eames chairs!!! Truly inspired.

• Reply Tante Mali March 14, 2014 at 4:59 am

Hi Dear,
    what a room!!!! And the setting is perfect! Love your stile and your blog.
    Thank you for sharing all the things you create and found!
    All the best from Austria

• Reply Molly Watson March 14, 2014 at 5:58 am

What a beautiful, bright space! I love the doors entering into your room. Such a great place for being creative, too. When we lived in Germany I longed for a bright space like this since gloomy days really darkened up our home with not so many windows…and those gloomy days and weeks liked to stick around! I love how flowers can instantly change the mood :)

• Reply Ani March 14, 2014 at 5:58 am

Anemones are my favorites and sometimes hard to find here in the Boston area. Makes them even more precious! Your flower arranging is after my own heart. I love the pink with white. And that first photo is so stunning, I can’t stop looking at it! All the photos are beautiful. And the room is perfect.

• Reply Laurence W March 14, 2014 at 7:56 am

I love these flowers and the colours you chose!

• Reply Melody Flam March 14, 2014 at 8:15 am

wow, amazing color :)
    Pretty flowers really can improve my mood!

• Reply Kreetta March 14, 2014 at 9:26 am

I just love Anemones. They are so adorable. I’m also so happy that the light is coming back and we can photograph with it and enjoy of it. Your dining room looks lovely. Have a sunny weekend Holly!

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:37 am

Jess, Hello Jess! It is the Loop Stand Table from HAY Denmark. The size I purchased is: L 250 x D 92.5 x H 74 cm.

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:38 am

Debbie, You have so many options living in The Netherlands, so try Sukka in Amsterdam, HK Living, Sissy Boy Homeland, and look at magazines like VTWonen and check their products and advertisers – lots of great resources in their mag.

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:39 am

Yvonne, Hello Yvonne! It’s called DIMPSE from Farrow & Ball. It’s a pale gray and gorgeous!

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:41 am

Aga @ Passion shake, I bought the pendant from Bodie & Fou, it’s called the Z1 Cotton lamp by Nelson Sepuvelda, you can google it to see where it is sold in your part of the world or contact Bodie & Fou to see if they’ll ship it to you.

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:43 am

jja, Pocket doors connect this room to my office (they hide inside of the walls and pull out with handles. The doors that lead into the room fold like an accordion, they are sort of in the style of French doors or bi-fold doors.

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:45 am

jja, I forgot to answer your other question – the gray bench is in front of the radiator but because the pocket doors are always open, and the room never gets cold, the radiator in the adjacent room heats both rooms just fine. Though, if I need to put the heater on in this room it’s also fine since the heat isn’t blocked and still comes out and warms the room just fine. The bonus is that the bench conceals the ugly radiator!

• Reply decor8 March 14, 2014 at 11:45 am

What does “working hire” mean?

• Reply Emily March 14, 2014 at 11:49 am

Such a gorgeous, inspiring space Holly and I adore the anemones. Just beautiful, fresh and full of Spring joy! x

• Reply Debbie March 14, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Thx….will see what I can find.

• Reply Lauren Holden March 14, 2014 at 12:29 pm

Flowers make every room look so much more inviting, don’t they? Not that your beautiful dining room needed any help on that front.

I recently bought some gorgeous hyacinths and their scent has filled the house.

I also wrote a very similar post about flowers over on my blog.

• Reply Chi chi Furniture March 14, 2014 at 12:53 pm

The power of the flower – what a difference flowers make – beautiful.

• Reply Christina Lacourte March 14, 2014 at 6:23 pm

Beautiful! I’m loving anemones lately – I just did a post about them on my own blog :-) There’s something so chic about them. Thanks for the post!

• Reply Andrea Cole March 15, 2014 at 6:19 am

Beautiful, don’t think I could handle the deer on the wall though.

• Reply Kendahl King March 15, 2014 at 8:29 am

Easy + Chic + Sleek = effortless decorating! what we love at constantsouffle

• Reply Lucy Chen March 16, 2014 at 2:27 am

These beautiful colorful pink anemones really add the most-needed colors to the room!

• Reply Sofia March 22, 2014 at 6:16 pm

I love how you combined the flowers on the table!
    I wish I could decorate my dining table like this but my cat would really have fun kicking out the jars or destroying the flowers. :)

Thank you for sharing this!

• Reply keeratiz March 25, 2014 at 5:35 am

Great post,
    It’s simply stunning also fresh and pretty!
    I’m sure you’ll be even more creative working hire… Spring is so inspiring
    Thank you Holly for the lovely inspiration.

• Reply Bill Williams April 15, 2014 at 2:13 pm

Simple , but looks beautiful.