Blogger’s Favorites: Happy Interior

I have to begin this post by saying that I’m so happy to have Igor Josifovic from the Happy Interior blog here today because I really, truly adore this guy. He is just so likable and authentic. I’ve met up with him in “real time” on a few occassions over the past years and always find him so professional on one side and really warm and funny on the flipside. He’s a bit of a chameleon, he can be crazy and go bonkers with the best of us but also be a very professional, knowledgeable guy as the situation calls. I think he’s just the sweetest blogger out there and so I’m thrilled he agreed to be part of my Blogger’s Favorites mini series on decor8.

Happy-Interior-Blog-Igor

If you don’t know Igor (shown above), he lives and works in Munich but is frequently in Paris and also visiting numerous design fairs around Europe – he’s very much a fan of design and though his day job is a good one (he’s a marketing guru at Seimens), he is super passionate about decorating, design, art and styling. I’ve loved watching him grow his blog over the years and I’m quite proud of him for what he is accomplishing as a blogger. Go, Igor, rock on! So let’s talk to Igor about his favorite things (ax) today, shall we?

Happy Interior Blog 04

Five favorite things:
1: Favorite look- I love interiors that are very personal and reveal a bit of the dweller’s character. My personal style is an urban mix of Scandinavian design with vibrant, colorful accents and ethnic elements. I love to combine the cool, sharp Scandi design with eclectic ethnic pieces with vivacious colours.

Happy-Interior-Blog-02

2: Favorite trend - As an avid ‘Urban Jungle Blogger’ I love the trend to add greens to interiors. All sorts of houseplants are making their way into interiors – even in cool shops and on design fairs I’ve seen houseplants galore. And it’s a myth that you need to have a ‘green thumb’ to add plants to your home. All you need to do is just get to know the plant a little bit better and then it’s as easy as anything else.

Happy-Interior-Blog-01

3: Favorite object - More plant pots by London based ceramicist Stella Baggott! I already own four of her handmade planters but I really need more to extend my beloved collection. However, it is pretty tricky to get hold of her design pieces: Many people have already heard of ‘Atelier Stella’ and her online sales are sold out within minutes. But I am ready for her next sale!

stringshelfdecor8

4: Favorite object that you see everywhere at the moment: I love the String shelving units. I love their simple yet striking design and they offer lots of storage place as well as styling space. As a Scandinavian design classic I keep seeing them everywhere – on blogs and in interior magazines.

Happy Interior Blog 06

5: Favorite miscellaneous: I am a travel maniac (that’s an ocean scene above my bed, a favorite place of mine). If I don’t travel for a while, I feel like something’s wrong in my life. Traveling fuels my creativity and inspires my life – if I were doomed to an idle life, I’d go crazy probably. That’s why my next trip is already booked and I am in the middle of my preparations: Soon I’ll be off to Israel and discovering Tel Aviv, Jerusalem and the Dead Sea!

Why do you like these five – what attracts you? I think this mix of likes is rooted in my mixed background. I was born in Austria to Serbian parents, I had spent most of my childhood summers in what then was Yugoslavia, I studied in Athens, Greece, and traveled the country from north to south, I worked in Vienna and Berlin and now I live between Munich and Paris. All these combined with my happy personality sort of explains my likings and preferences as stated above.

What trends are you tired of? COPPER. I am getting to the point of ‘I’ve seen enough copper’. Maybe it’s time to move on.

Happy-Interior-Blog-03

What do you predict will be hot next? The reign of unique, handmade pieces. From furniture to décor items – I see a growing number of bloggers adding special, custom- made or simply handmade pieces to their homes. Whether it’s a custom-made shelving unit for their home or handmade, one-of-a-kind ceramic pieces – I think we are going more and more towards a more individual approach and a stronger appreciation of handmade pieces in our interiors.

Connect with Igor: Happy Interior Blog / Pinterest / Instagram

Don’t miss the other bloggers already featured in this series:
The Style Files
Happy Mundane
Justina Blakeney

Feel free to say hello to Igor in the comments section or ask him any questions that you may have!

(images: igor josif except portrait, taken by riikka kantinkoski and the string shelves by string.)

Posted by decor8 in blogs on March 18, 2014

1. Igor commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 2:59pm

Thank you very much for including me in this illustrious round of bloggers! I hope your readers will like it as much as I do:-)
    Igor´s last blog post ..Why This Room Caught My Eye

2. Serena commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 3:15pm

We love that guy! ;)

3. DJ commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 3:39pm

Gorgeous! Your apartment is beautiful and I’m excited to see more from Igor on his blog. Igor: I’m also heading to Israel on vacation soon — would love to hear what you won’t be missing while you’re there (and can’t wait to see what kind of unique pieces you’ll be bringing back with you)!
    DJ´s last blog post ..high calorie weekend lessons

4. Stephanie commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 3:44pm

I absolutely agree with Igor about custom and handmade pieces – it’s definitely the way to go! I’m so glad to see more and more people taking an interest in how these beautiful things are made, and where. The growing involvement of customers in the making process is really inspiring.

5. Karine Kong commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 4:31pm

I love Igor! He is great fun and fab company. Perfect guy to have a good time with, n’est ce pas Igor ;-)
    Karine Kong´s last blog post ..BODIE and FOU NEW SS/14 | THE BLUE COLLECTION

6. Chedva commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 5:11pm

Igor is the best! Always so positive and friendly and with an extraordinary eye for design.
    Chedva´s last blog post ..Learning Curve: Interior Designer Scott Talmon

7. adolf witzeling commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 7:49pm

Great article. On a side note: He works for Siemens and not Seimens

8. Elisabeth commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 8:46pm

Who makes the magazine rack/shelf in the last photo?

9. Galina commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:03pm

It’s good time to visit Israel.
    Igor,I’ll wait for your report about my country.
    Holly,thanks for so interesting mini series.
    Galina´s last blog post ..The small and beauty apartment from Moscow

10. Igor commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:07pm

Hey DJ, I will definitely share my Israel experiences and finds on my blog once I am back – hope you’ll get some good tips and recommendations for your Israel trip:-)

11. Sarah commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:14pm

I am really enjoying Blogger’s Favorites Holly!

I love adding green to a room through plants and I think I am still drooling over those lovely ceramic pots by Stella Baggott.
    Sarah´s last blog post ..Lois Dodd

12. Mireya Pizarro commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:27pm

Interesting interview. I really like the insight about the handmade goods collections. This would be great….to be able to design something that would fit with my decor and represent my character. This gives me much to think about in terms of my business.
    Mireya Pizarro´s last blog post ..New Lemonade Collection

13. geraldine@littlebigbell commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:48pm

Love your home and styling Igor! I’m beginning to sound like a broken record! See you in April! xx
    geraldine@littlebigbell´s last blog post ..Spring refresh for the home office – A room in the house.

14. DesignBreak commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 9:49pm

Oh my Holly,
    I couldn’t have said it any better.
    I adore Igor and his bright and happy personality.
    Plus, there is nothing like spending time with blogger friends in the real world!
    DesignBreak´s last blog post ..For DaWanda With Love

15. Amy @apidaecandles.de commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 10:01pm

Hey Igor, Fun to see you here! Your happiness shines through in your blog.

16. Mindi - Dandi commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 10:52pm

I would LOVE to know where the artwork behind the couch is from! and also the coffee table – its gorgeous.

17. mel commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 11:00pm

It’s so true that Igor comes across as such a great fun guy yet so professional. Love what he’s doing connecting bloggers with the “Urban Jungle Blogger”! Also interesting about the copper trend, it really has been around a lot longer than I imagined it would. Great series Holly! Mel x
    mel´s last blog post ..5 Decorating Questions with Will Taylor

18. Michelle commented
    March 18th, 2014 at 11:26pm

Igor has a gorgeous home! It was lovely to get more of an insight into his thoughts on design & favourite styles!

19. Andreia commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 12:27am

I’m loving this new feature on your blog, Holly.

Wise words about handmade and one-of-a-kind pieces in decoration, Igor.
    Your collection of pots and green plants is beautiful. Love the mix of grey and hues of green. Grey is one of my favourite colour :)

20. Lucy Chen commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 12:37am

I just LOVE LOVE these little pot plants!!!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..How to Decorate Your Home – The Only One Thing You Really Need

21. Marilen commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 1:15am

Hi Holly and Igor! I love your blogs and have been following you ever since I started my own design blog with the help of Martine de Luna of thedaintymom, now makeitblissful.com.

Do check out my site one time. Still learning.. And will surely joing a blogging your way lesson soon. I believe i signed the mail for that.

Thank you to you both for being my source of inspiration.

22. Evie {Domestic Whimsy} commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 4:12am

That collection of houseplants is awesome! I also love the rug under that desk :)
    Evie {Domestic Whimsy}´s last blog post ..Mint Green Patio Chairs—A Lookalike for Less!

23. Amy commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 7:37am

loved hearing your thoughts and thank you for sharing all the visual inspiration igor :) i’m the same way – totally need to travel *a lot*… was just telling my husband the other day that i want to go to israel – i feel they have so much amazing artisan and handmade work there!
    Amy´s last blog post ..Love Print – Pastel Aqua Nursery Art for Girls Room by fieldtrip

24. Igor commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 10:12am

Elisabeth,

Hi Elisabeth, the magazine rack is from Finnish Design Shop. It’s called ‘City Sunday’ and is available in various colours.
    Igor´s last blog post ..Happy Interior Blog Recommends…

25. anastasia commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 11:55am

such a lovely guy – very talented too! a real taste-maker and a great blog too!
    anastasia´s last blog post ..just in-case you forgot….

26. Ana Fensismensi commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 1:50pm

Well, how can you not love this happy face. Smiles every time you see him on photos. His posts are happy and inspirational and I love the reports he brings from all the fairs. Makes everybody happy.
    Ana Fensismensi´s last blog post ..Singapore 2014

27. Laura Gaskill commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 6:23pm

This series is so much fun — I especially love hearing each blogger’s take on what’s hot, what they’re over, and what’s going to be the next big thing. Love Igor’s style…so happy to “see” him here! : )
    hugs,
    Laura
    Laura Gaskill´s last blog post ..Travel Bug + Packing Light

28. Clever Girl Reviews commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 6:30pm

What a great space!
    Clever Girl Reviews´s last blog post ..Kendall Jackson 2010 Avant Chardonnay Review

29. caroline @trend-daily commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 7:10pm

I totally agree Holly-Igor is just a great guy and I can’t believe how fantastically well he has done with his blog in such a short spec of time. Congratulations Igor-you are super-talented!
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..moodboards

30. michelle commented
    March 19th, 2014 at 9:53pm

I love that colourful rug in last pic. where did you get it?

31. Judith commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 1:20am

This post makes me so happy, Holly! And also very proud to work with Igor on our Urban Jungle Bloggers series. I totally agree with you, he’s very professional and ever so funny too. And love his comment about custom & homemade items, that’s the way to go!
    Judith´s last blog post ..Sunday blossom

32. Victoria @ Alf & Emilio commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 3:45am

The little face planters are so cute !! I have just written a post about planters for succulents as terrariums are very on trend for interios at the moment and I love them !! These little people ones are so cute though I can’t wait to get my hands on one I think now there are so so many cool and quirky planters that there is never any need for a boring old plain plant pot ! Succulents are VERY hard to kill I have heard… so I think it is the best choice of plant for me !!

Great post, the interiors look so fresh and clean and ready for Spring !

I am now following on bloglovin so can’t wait to see what you have coming next !

Thanks,
    Victoria @ Alf & Emilio

33. Junaid Ahmed commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 8:49am

Yes Igor is really and amazing guy! I don’t know him personally but with the reference of his blogs. He have great experience in interior design that is showed in his blog posts. I find many new ideas and tips of interior designing and decoration from his blog. Well, your own post is also very cool, I liked that plants collection. Thank you for sharing the great post here.

34. Elodie (madame love) commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 9:54am

Oh Holly, so happy to see my friend Igor over here! He is so sweet and his blog is so inspiring. I wish you both a great day.
    Elodie
    Elodie (madame love)´s last blog post ..Lovely Flower Book: The Cut Flower Patch by Louise Curley

35. Chi chi Furniture commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 10:51am

Hello, really enjoyed this post. Have visited Igors blog on previous occasions and really enjoyed it. The title ‘Happy Interior Blog’ says it all. I love walking into homes where the owners character shines through and there’s a warm/welcoming vibe – thats how I hope my home is perceived anyway :O) Handmade custom pieces are all about making a home personal and unique – I love it

36. Igor commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 11:42am

michelle,

Hi Michelle, the rug in my dining nook is a vintage kilim from Turkey. I bought it on eBay – you can find great pieces there, just look for ‘vintage kilim’.
    Igor´s last blog post ..Urban Jungle Bloggers: Spring Inspired Styling

37. Igor commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 11:48am

Mindi – Dandi,

Hi Minid-Dandi! The artwork above the couch is from various sources: The moon print is from ‘Double Merrick’, the girl portrait is by Portland based artist Emily Winfield Martin, the Paris illustration is by Germany based artist Natasa Vuckovic of ‘navucko’ and the print with the art quote is from ‘Ever Made’. The coffee table is from ‘Fashion for Home’. :-)
    Igor´s last blog post ..Urban Jungle Bloggers: Spring Inspired Styling

38. Door commented
    March 20th, 2014 at 10:51pm

Beautiful pictures! Thanks.
    Door´s last blog post ..Serpentstraat 7

39. Gudy Herder commented
    March 21st, 2014 at 5:20pm

Igor is one of the most authentic people out there with highest energy (he hardly sleeps) and helping out whenever he can. It’s really fab seeing him over here! Great series, Holly! xo
    Gudy Herder´s last blog post ..El taller de ESTILOS de INTERIORISMO & TENDENCIAS ya está aquí

40. Jahaila commented
    March 22nd, 2014 at 3:38pm

I LOVE his Urban / Scandinavian style- Adding his blog now!!!
    Jahaila´s last blog post ..Book Wish – Spring

41. Loom Decor commented
    March 24th, 2014 at 1:14am

Love, love, love his blog! Great choice for revealing a hidden gem that many don’t know about. Bravo!

42. Sarah commented
    March 25th, 2014 at 6:32pm

These posts are really spectacular. Excuse my English is bad I know but I wanted to tell you that I follow your blog and always find it full of inspiration, always fresh and full of ideas. Congratulations!
    Sarah´s last blog post ..ELLE: un piccolo sogno che si avvera

43. Simone commented
    March 26th, 2014 at 8:57pm

I love the magazine holder from the last picture :) Where can I buy that? :D

44. Igor commented
    March 26th, 2014 at 11:49pm

Simone,

Hi Simone, you can find the magazine rack in the webshop Finnish Design Shop.
    Igor´s last blog post ..Happy Interior Blog Recommends…

45. Emma commented
    March 27th, 2014 at 11:08am

I love the collection of plants. They are so playful and beautiful, this definitely gives me ideas for my dining room table. Thanks!
    Emma´s last blog post ..Inspiration: Cat On A Hot Tin Roof