OYOY Living

April 5, 2014

There are so many great interior firms in Denmark, which sometimes makes me wonder how those Danes do it in such a small country – there are so many collections! I came across OYOY Living recently, based in Copenhagen, and since I’ve not seen them blogged anywhere yet in my travels, I thought I’d share them with you guys. Check out their product line, simple yet bold.

OYOY Living

OYOY Living
OYOY Living

OYOY Living

OYOY Living

OYOY Living

OYOY Living

OYOY Living

OYOY Living

About OYOY, “The name OYOY is inspired by the letters OY, which since 1929 has been written on every Danish aeroplane regardless of where in the world it may be located. The letters indicate that we are a Danish company. OYOY creates high-quality products focussing on form, function, colour and exquisite materials. We are inspired by the classic, Scandinavian style, adding undertones of simple, Japanese design and a passion for combining colour and materials. The result is a unique blend of simplicity and colourful design. The primary designer of OYOY is Lotte Fynboe, who was educated at TEKO in Herning with a speciality in interior and furniture design. At times OYOY has an external designer – for example Kristina Dam, who has designed the Nordic print series. Shape, graphic, colour and clean materials inspires Lotte Fynboe and her motto is “less is more”. A lot of the products are redesigns of childhood memories.”

A few of my favorites from their product line include: leather trays, “knut” polar bear cushion, Japanese cushions, penguin, step cushion in neon orange, bobbels mini candleholders, button cushion and the bobbel high candleholders.

I think this line is really pretty, the only thing that is starting to bug me in Denmark about design there is how so many of the brands look the same these day. Like OYOY Living looks a lot like Ferm Living. Which makes me confused because why does everybody have to look the same? Let’s hope that Danish firms start to value more their individuality and style again as they did years ago, which put their design on the map in the first place and later, made it so enviable worldwide. But for now, we have to just wait and see I guess – wait and see what the future holds for design in Denmark.

(images oyoy)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Ameli April 5, 2014 at 4:49 pm

Lovely pastel colors and geometrical accents. Perfect harmony.

• Reply Femke D. April 5, 2014 at 6:54 pm

Oh! I love this!

• Reply Emily April 5, 2014 at 8:13 pm

Very pretty but I had the same initial reaction – really similar to Ferm Living. Sometimes I think the Internet makes it hard for anything to seem unique. You think you’re onto something new and then it’s overdone a week later!

• Reply Door April 5, 2014 at 8:42 pm

Ooooh! Beautiful.

• Reply sula362 April 5, 2014 at 10:09 pm

i love scanidnavian design too, but you are right, there are some similar things here to other designers. Take the dots and the birds for example. That said, I love the dots idea, might put them in the new apartment

• Reply Kristin Johnsen April 5, 2014 at 10:36 pm

This comment has nothing to do with this post – sorry – but I just heard from Amazon that my Decorate with Flowers has just shipped!!! So excited to receive the book of love from you and Leslie . I also love the wooden birds on the dining table shown above and have pinned the photo with my other danish design animals over on Pinterest – but mostly I’m excited about the book!!!

• Reply decor8 April 6, 2014 at 2:56 pm

@Kristin – Yeah, that’s great!!!!

• Reply Jenn Coyle April 5, 2014 at 11:16 pm

Wow, this is a geometry-lover’s paradise! The motifs themselves are gorgeous, but then they add a brilliant color scheme. To die for. I tried my best not to pin every single image in your post!

• Reply Abby April 6, 2014 at 8:43 am

I love it..Everything is so simple and the colors are very soothing…Thank you for sharing.

• Reply thejoyofcolor April 6, 2014 at 9:55 am

Just love these simple minimalist designs, thanks for sharion g

• Reply Dragana April 6, 2014 at 12:57 pm

Oh, its so beautiful

• Reply porlasramas April 6, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I love so many pillows!

• Reply Florence April 6, 2014 at 3:38 pm

Lovely bedroom ♡

• Reply Niken April 7, 2014 at 8:29 am

i love their design! the working space looks so comfortable. i love their colours

• Reply Heidi Hallingstad Cousin April 7, 2014 at 9:42 am

OYOY and Lotte Fynboe behind the company are just lovely and very creative. If you want a peak into Lotte’s home you are welcome to take a look at the interior article I made from her home – you can see it on my blog

Have a nice week!
    BR Heidi

• Reply Gio April 7, 2014 at 11:58 am

I love it

• Reply ac April 7, 2014 at 3:55 pm

I think its a fabulous post. Great tips, lovely photos and aspirational design.

• Reply samantha hahn April 7, 2014 at 5:55 pm

• Reply Sandy April 7, 2014 at 6:31 pm

Agreed! I thought the exact same thing. Appreciate you sharing nonetheless :)

• Reply Fiona Duke April 7, 2014 at 6:53 pm

great post – i love the scandi look and i have family in Denmark and Norway and their strong design style is always an inspiration to me and always influences my design choice.
    however, i would have to agree with your last comment that some of it is beginning to look a bit ‘samey’. i never thought i would get enough of the ‘scandi’ look but i have to say recently I am finding myself being drawn to other things these days. i am loving the look Abigail Ahern brings to interiors and she couldn’t be more different to a pale, minimal scandi look. maybe her individual look is more interesting and stands out because the market is a bit saturated with the above look ? i think it will take a lot for me to ditch my love of all things scandi but come on brands….stand tall !!! :)

• Reply Adam April 7, 2014 at 9:31 pm

Very nice! Great colours.

• Reply ananda April 7, 2014 at 11:09 pm

thank you holly- these are gorgeous! i wonder if it’s very hard to not be influenced by certain styles that are so timeless, like geometric patterns, organic materials, clean and minimal forms and spaces…

• Reply leaca April 8, 2014 at 4:09 am

clean and beautiful.

• Reply Michelle Khan April 8, 2014 at 4:22 pm

Clean and simple lines, excellent post and imagery. I really appreciate the ideas for some of my cozier rooms! Thanks so much!

• Reply Margaret April 8, 2014 at 5:10 pm

Very pretty … I like the simplicity and excellent quality of the Scandinavian decor. Scandinavian décor style has always amazed me with its freshness and inspirations.

Enjoy your day!

• Reply Carsla April 8, 2014 at 10:13 pm

Lovely, inspirational decor! Adoring your style! & Looking forward to your future posts! ;D

<3 Carsla

• Reply Wrenaissance Art April 10, 2014 at 1:44 pm

Nice-looking flat with a casual vibe. What I like about the young Scandinavian designers and home decor industry is how they combine the minimalist aesthetic and classic design pieces from the Nordic design heritage with a relaxed, not-too-serious attitude.
    What I’d like to see more of in design media is a focus on contemporary vernacular decor wherever it’s found. For example, Brazil has fabulous contemporary interior designers who have a totally different approach than the Danes. I’d love to see more beach cultures’ decor, whether Australia or the US Gulf Coast.
    Perhaps if we all saw the varied styles of different places, rather than one big trend, the Scandinavian look would stand out again with its unique character.

• Reply ac April 10, 2014 at 2:58 pm

Lovely, confident design. Thank you for sharing.

• Reply Chiara Morgan April 13, 2014 at 10:09 am

I really really like this!

Thanks so much!

• Reply Meghan @ Wishful Thinking April 13, 2014 at 11:28 am

Uh-oh… I might lose a few hours here! I am a total sucker for the clean and simple lines of Scandinavian design.

• Reply bSirko April 15, 2014 at 7:36 pm

OYOY macht super schöne Sachen. Ich mag besonders auch das Kissen “CIRCUS CUSHION” … sehr scheen!

• Reply A Little Bit of Cheek April 15, 2014 at 11:57 pm

Thank you for sharing your danish find. I really do love the simplicity and how clean everything looks.

• Reply Jenny April 28, 2014 at 12:15 pm

Yes, that struck me too last year (I think it was at least) when OYOY launched their business, too much Ferm Living and copy of Varpunen’s sacks. Do not like it at all when big brands copies individuals initial original design, seen that Ferm Living is partly doing the same (always happens , I know), but anyway, it starts to get boring…

/ Jenny