OYOY Living

There are so many great interior firms in Denmark, which sometimes makes me wonder how those Danes do it in such a small country – there are so many collections! I came across OYOY Living recently, based in Copenhagen, and since I’ve not seen them blogged anywhere yet in my travels, I thought I’d share them with you guys. Check out their product line, simple yet bold.

F9LIBRJQUHGq9Wz16KEReY-DC33PurcdmzSsH85QTkA

Kw9iDbsegyVou34dCz7e33GEMhpgE39_zNV0mA20RdI
7axG_XMFY-0rt13ycOh-NPElBcrb5wj5ch1Yjt-fYgI

EThdDmlVTCKagLlOtKV2udj3mAC00KVzTEkk-qdczu4,0K2O_3vkRKDpvDWxIIusTIDIwfffq2BzDIuK3ahD71w,Zm8b8Z6r_WJVSHzDbjPL7-J1CaWBiqT5Z1xfDaQOUf4,I2eoU4cDpeQT-UXxW_e-qqYuUhZwK6woT91Db9GJyEE,QgPFErvA2RRTFkrcDQrPi6b5ydXnDkOoBN6DerfBmqc,ZGFCkrc-h5HoFDP4rRubDgTE4aGl1Q

LhQapGkY1pmpksXkdlzpo8wj-af8_1i9TeIGezYay_Q

53CEo700fxVot794pjIskgZdrzwSLuL8rOC8fhejrVM,LawIHw2mm6dv2eYbkAvDPhl5_xbiZX2gnU7pMytEt1U,lwEPnN7z1Kt3UPGUtg0_yZoe2acDPt76iHm7zC-SZmw,LsoYWsZ-CZhs6R5ZcqQscQML6Ype7FWjkgjUsTKp3rM

3q3iYPxuGYWFxzlzvOifFGAQBdiDPhW9tBLNp9Ir6Y0,NQQkTUqMV3pPSTiI5QKUMh1tCnjHdYwZhxYlahIsNr0,sicI9g8JWDfEZrg-DS5QWpSFlTGLaqJa-KxZHGuNkb8,jgdqlsDv9XNpN5Tv_1oPos3pdUae-6cd7V0pYGX8VdE

ehzjuql3omuHhmaZPVXtD5n5O2jxyHMVn_zzpcqGxZ4,lgKb_Ukw-F4zo7KIhQTHlg2Djtg2sfCbGAxWB6JeSGc,p0rNJPL0aHlQesVGO_SFbiZ2SDfoRZcfn1w0eOtXQp8,p0lyzXVyu_Mezr7NL3WZprLipCfDJ6ouKBzJP6Bzssk

gh7Yac4GxCOHoWyQUUGK51rq4jDEkOR97-w72bip6ek,IFjpoqR1HSKWNrTo6ulzgTkG8BbPwwt2TXjxLpYKxnY,3rODodbxHtv16_XUzE0PBDFsR6r5ZUe1RN0LTEILxZw,QHMuLJNCwDBeEn9TiesHhBkS5qbrpLOxR1ZlrPHJUSk

About OYOY, “The name OYOY is inspired by the letters OY, which since 1929 has been written on every Danish aeroplane regardless of where in the world it may be located. The letters indicate that we are a Danish company. OYOY creates high-quality products focussing on form, function, colour and exquisite materials. We are inspired by the classic, Scandinavian style, adding undertones of simple, Japanese design and a passion for combining colour and materials. The result is a unique blend of simplicity and colourful design. The primary designer of OYOY is Lotte Fynboe, who was educated at TEKO in Herning with a speciality in interior and furniture design. At times OYOY has an external designer – for example Kristina Dam, who has designed the Nordic print series. Shape, graphic, colour and clean materials inspires Lotte Fynboe and her motto is “less is more”. A lot of the products are redesigns of childhood memories.”

A few of my favorites from their product line include: leather trays, “knut” polar bear cushion, Japanese cushions, penguin, step cushion in neon orange, bobbels mini candleholders, button cushion and the bobbel high candleholders.

I think this line is really pretty, the only thing that is starting to bug me in Denmark about design there is how so many of the brands look the same these day. Like OYOY Living looks a lot like Ferm Living. Which makes me confused because why does everybody have to look the same? Let’s hope that Danish firms start to value more their individuality and style again as they did years ago, which put their design on the map in the first place and later, made it so enviable worldwide. But for now, we have to just wait and see I guess – wait and see what the future holds for design in Denmark.

(images oyoy)

Posted by decor8 in inspiration on April 05, 2014

1. Ameli commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 4:49pm

Lovely pastel colors and geometrical accents. Perfect harmony.
    Ameli´s last blog post ..Akwarele

2. Femke D. commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 6:54pm

Oh! I love this!

3. Emily commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 8:13pm

Very pretty but I had the same initial reaction – really similar to Ferm Living. Sometimes I think the Internet makes it hard for anything to seem unique. You think you’re onto something new and then it’s overdone a week later!
    Emily´s last blog post ..Happy Friday!

4. Door commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 8:42pm

Ooooh! Beautiful.
    Door´s last blog post ..Jan Breydelstraat 29

5. sula362 commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 10:09pm

i love scanidnavian design too, but you are right, there are some similar things here to other designers. Take the dots and the birds for example. That said, I love the dots idea, might put them in the new apartment
    sula362´s last blog post ..planning an apartment

6. Kristin Johnsen commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 10:36pm

This comment has nothing to do with this post – sorry – but I just heard from Amazon that my Decorate with Flowers has just shipped!!! So excited to receive the book of love from you and Leslie . I also love the wooden birds on the dining table shown above and have pinned the photo with my other danish design animals over on Pinterest – but mostly I’m excited about the book!!!
    Kristin Johnsen´s last blog post ..Collage – what does it mean to you?

7. Jenn Coyle commented
    April 5th, 2014 at 11:16pm

Wow, this is a geometry-lover’s paradise! The motifs themselves are gorgeous, but then they add a brilliant color scheme. To die for. I tried my best not to pin every single image in your post!
    Jenn Coyle´s last blog post ..Does your blog have these 6 critical content components?

8. Abby commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 8:43am

I love it..Everything is so simple and the colors are very soothing…Thank you for sharing.
    Abby´s last blog post ..Diamond Swiss Almond

9. thejoyofcolor commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 9:55am

Just love these simple minimalist designs, thanks for sharion g

10. Dragana commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 12:57pm

Oh, its so beautiful

greetigs

dragana
    Dragana´s last blog post ..Schokoladenkuchen mit Erdbeeren

11. porlasramas commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 1:40pm

I love so many pillows!

porlasramas´s last blog post ..KERI SMITH

12. decor8 commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 2:56pm

@Kristin – Yeah, that’s great!!!!

13. Florence commented
    April 6th, 2014 at 3:38pm

Lovely bedroom ♡

14. Niken commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 8:29am

i love their design! the working space looks so comfortable. i love their colours

15. Heidi Hallingstad Cousin commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 9:42am

OYOY and Lotte Fynboe behind the company are just lovely and very creative. If you want a peak into Lotte’s home you are welcome to take a look at the interior article I made from her home – you can see it on my blog http://hallingstad.blogspot.dk/search/label/boligreportage%20OYOY

Have a nice week!
    BR Heidi
    Heidi Hallingstad Cousin´s last blog post ..Et personligt, inspirerende og smukt hjemmekontor #2

16. Gio commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 11:58am

I love it
    Gio´s last blog post ..Case da sogno

17. ac commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 3:55pm

I think its a fabulous post. Great tips, lovely photos and aspirational design.

18. samantha hahn commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 5:55pm

gorgeous!
    samantha hahn´s last blog post ..American Illustration 33

19. Sandy commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 6:31pm

Emily,

Agreed! I thought the exact same thing. Appreciate you sharing nonetheless :)

20. Fiona Duke commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 6:53pm

great post – i love the scandi look and i have family in Denmark and Norway and their strong design style is always an inspiration to me and always influences my design choice.
    however, i would have to agree with your last comment that some of it is beginning to look a bit ‘samey’. i never thought i would get enough of the ‘scandi’ look but i have to say recently I am finding myself being drawn to other things these days. i am loving the look Abigail Ahern brings to interiors and she couldn’t be more different to a pale, minimal scandi look. maybe her individual look is more interesting and stands out because the market is a bit saturated with the above look ? i think it will take a lot for me to ditch my love of all things scandi but come on brands….stand tall !!! :)

21. Adam commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 9:31pm

Very nice! Great colours.
    Adam´s last blog post ..Ironmongery Online – We deliver

22. ananda commented
    April 7th, 2014 at 11:09pm

thank you holly- these are gorgeous! i wonder if it’s very hard to not be influenced by certain styles that are so timeless, like geometric patterns, organic materials, clean and minimal forms and spaces…

23. leaca commented
    April 8th, 2014 at 4:09am

clean and beautiful.
    leaca´s last blog post ..It’s about time….

24. Michelle Khan commented
    April 8th, 2014 at 4:22pm

Clean and simple lines, excellent post and imagery. I really appreciate the ideas for some of my cozier rooms! Thanks so much!
    Michelle Khan´s last blog post ..Keller Real Estate

25. Margaret commented
    April 8th, 2014 at 5:10pm

Very pretty … I like the simplicity and excellent quality of the Scandinavian decor. Scandinavian décor style has always amazed me with its freshness and inspirations.

Enjoy your day!
    Margaret

Margaret´s last blog post ..Black and white with pops of color

26. Carsla commented
    April 8th, 2014 at 10:13pm

Lovely, inspirational decor! Adoring your style! & Looking forward to your future posts! ;D

<3 Carsla

27. Wrenaissance Art commented
    April 10th, 2014 at 1:44pm

Nice-looking flat with a casual vibe. What I like about the young Scandinavian designers and home decor industry is how they combine the minimalist aesthetic and classic design pieces from the Nordic design heritage with a relaxed, not-too-serious attitude.
    What I’d like to see more of in design media is a focus on contemporary vernacular decor wherever it’s found. For example, Brazil has fabulous contemporary interior designers who have a totally different approach than the Danes. I’d love to see more beach cultures’ decor, whether Australia or the US Gulf Coast.
    Perhaps if we all saw the varied styles of different places, rather than one big trend, the Scandinavian look would stand out again with its unique character.
    Wrenaissance Art´s last blog post ..Wildflower Wednesday: Uncertain weather creates a dilemma

28. ac commented
    April 10th, 2014 at 2:58pm

Lovely, confident design. Thank you for sharing.

29. Chiara Morgan commented
    April 13th, 2014 at 10:09am

I really really like this!

Thanks so much!

30. Meghan @ Wishful Thinking commented
    April 13th, 2014 at 11:28am

Uh-oh… I might lose a few hours here! I am a total sucker for the clean and simple lines of Scandinavian design.
    Meghan @ Wishful Thinking´s last blog post ..It’s in the air

31. bSirko commented
    April 15th, 2014 at 7:36pm

OYOY macht super schöne Sachen. Ich mag besonders auch das Kissen “CIRCUS CUSHION” … sehr scheen!
    bSirko´s last blog post ..Die “3mal3minus2 Stilwahl” des Monats April

32. A Little Bit of Cheek commented
    April 15th, 2014 at 11:57pm

Thank you for sharing your danish find. I really do love the simplicity and how clean everything looks.

33. Jenny commented
    April 28th, 2014 at 12:15pm

Yes, that struck me too last year (I think it was at least) when OYOY launched their business, too much Ferm Living and copy of Varpunen’s sacks. Do not like it at all when big brands copies individuals initial original design, seen that Ferm Living is partly doing the same (always happens , I know), but anyway, it starts to get boring…

/ Jenny