Stunning German Home + Studio Oink

Hello everyone! Okay so I have to highlight a recent home tour and article that I just found in my inbox from the beautiful Est Magazine because it’s a pretty swank pad based in Germany and as an American living here at the moment, it’s always exciting to see what’s happening in my own part of the world. I feel like everything beautiful and cool that is what I consider tasteful, enviable, drool-worthy… is coming out of Los Angeles or Sydney at the moment. I know that’s NOT the case, as this home clearly shows, so that’s why I really want to highlight it. If you don’t live in southern California or Australia one can feel a bit like they are missing out on all of the interiors fun!

Est-Magazine-Portrait-746x10122-Oink-Select-6-1

This home is in Wiesbaden, Germany and is owned by interior designers and stylists Lea Korzeczek and Matthias Hiller of Studio Oink, a design studio focused on set design and residential interior design. I adore their marble floor, which really surprised me because normally I don’t go for tile or marble in living spaces (wet spaces, yes – kitchen, entry, laundry, bathroom, etc.). The marble is so classy I think, and being beige vs. the gray marble you normally see, it is warm and welcoming as marble can often feel very sterile. I wouldn’t go as far to say that this apartment feels “warm” though, it still has a coolness about it but that is obviously what this talented duo was going for – something upscale and posh. Mission accomplished. James Bond could live here.

Est-Magazine-Portrait-746x10122-Oink-Select-11

_MG_9862

Est-Magazine-Portrait-746x10122-Oink-Select-10

static.squarespace

I personally like the details, like the texture of the wall behind the art above, the coastal-theme artwork, the soft tones, the lighting, the wooden chairs and the gorgeous sheepskin throw. I, of course, like the addition of fresh flowers – especially the floppy romantic peony. Well done.

Here are some of their other projects below; also quite stunning and minimalistic but with pretty accents that draw you in. Their rooms look like they could be in films. I particularly adore the kitchen below…

_MG_9944
_MG_0024
_MG_9480 _MG_0678
objekt01-2
_MG_0730
_MG_9534
_MG_0664

The fresh green plants really call to me, especially the above shot with a peek of greenery through the old wooden windows… These photos are all so light and bright, a big vitamin D injection for sure.

What do you like about these spaces? See anything that calls out to you?

PSST: Studio Oink also has a blog that I just started following called Grand et Petit. Check it out. They have a lovely little online shop too.

(images: studio oink)

Posted by decor8 in designers on June 21, 2014

1. Wonky Heidi commented
    June 21st, 2014 at 2:02pm

I would kill for that kitchen! Mine is tiny and dark with no windows. I also love the white&wood theme that they have going on.

2. Marianne commented
    June 21st, 2014 at 4:02pm

Studio Oink is also featured in the new VTWonen. What a lovely home!
    Marianne´s last blog post ..{ photo friday – hydrangea }

3. Effie commented
    June 21st, 2014 at 6:15pm

The first picture is simply perfection. The furniture, the flowers, the art, the colors, everything fits together effortlessly. As for that kitchen, I couldn’t agree with you more, Holly.
    Effie´s last blog post ..Om…om…omelette

4. Lucy Chen commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 7:10am

I love potted plants!
    Lucy Chen´s last blog post ..My First Landscape Painting – Painting Our Neighborhood

5. decor8 commented
    June 22nd, 2014 at 6:42pm

@Marianne – I haven’t received my subscription copy yet, will be interesting to see!

6. caroline @trend-daily commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 12:53am

What a completely gorgeous place. I only heard of studio oink recently-fantastic!
    caroline @trend-daily´s last blog post ..behind the scenes…

7. Lauren Messina commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 4:33pm

Such a fresh look! Love this! I love a pop of pink in an all white pallet!
    Lauren Messina´s last blog post ..Get the Look: Ocean Blue Sitting Room

8. Isabel commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 6:30pm

These rooms are truly stunning! So airy and bright. I am also a fan of the textured wall behind those three seaside images – it’s almost as if it was taken from the same area those photos were themselves, with that sort of erosion than could come from salty air. All the art is wonderful though, some great bits of visual interest. I particularly like that scrunched up fabric framed on the wall – such a lovely texture and it matches the other elements of the room so well! Will surely be pinning some of these images!

9. Karolina commented
    June 23rd, 2014 at 9:19pm

I love the picture on the wall, they fit perfectly.