5 Cool Brands For Baby Boy Clothes

Okay you guys. This is not going to turn into a baby blog, though I’ll confess that my Instagram has been invaded by a certain wee lad named Aidan. I’ve tried to keep him and baby stuff in general off of decor8, since lots of you get squirmy about kids’ stuff and I totally get it because for non-parents it’s a real snooze fest to suffer through, “My Baby Loves This” and “Today My Baby Did That” posts. BUT. But… I really have to inject a little bit of baby boy on here now and then because maybe 20 lots of moms email me asking where I shop for cool boy’s clothes. Apparently, most boy’s clothing sucks or at least has that reputation and you know what, if you shop at most stores I’d have to agree. Transformers this and Elmo that and blue Blue BLue BLUe and more BLUE. I don’t mind blue AT ALL but yeah, there’s more to life than the powder blue stuff that new mamas are swamped with at their baby shower. And while Transformers can be cute (?) and I’m sure Aidan will be dying for a Batman tee eventually (which is kinda cool), for now his wardrobe is in my control (insert evil laugh here) and I’m not about to put him in something that makes him look like he doesn’t have a fashion gene in his body because I foolishly believe that if I dress him right today then tomorrow when he’s in school he’ll care about matching his socks to his trousers.

624502-object-5_1920

1405514000_1_1_1_web

A little back story. Before Aidan was born, I searched high and low for cool kid’s clothes. I wasn’t sure if I was going to have a boy or a girl at first. If I was going to have a girl her name would be Stella and baby Stella would have dressed in a very fun style – lots of polka dot tights with skirts and dresses and super cute shoes – a little edgy feminine boho girl. If that is even a style. When I found out I was having a boy, which is exactly what I wanted my first child to be, I suddenly received a slew of comments all over the web about how I won’t have much fun dressing a boy and how terrible baby boy clothes are. And is sorta annoyed me because those comments were more commonly left than ones telling me how great it would be to dress a little boy.

Seems a baby boy, according to the internet, is not so much fun fashion-wise. Well, I like a challenge.

And so the fashion search began. Cute boy’s clothes for newborns to 12 months old THAT was my mission. In this post, I’ve added some of my research – my list of 5 of my go-to brands below and a few of my favorite things for each. I’ll do another post with 5 next week and so on until I’ve covered them all.

***And a big BY THE WAY because blogs have become a bit infested with affiliate links and stuff passed under the table… None of this is sponsored, none of my links give me any kick back and nobody gave me any of this stuff so I’d blog about it. I just like these brands, want to shout them out, and most importantly – I want baby boy mamas-to-be and new baby boy mamas to not feel like they are missing out on all of the fashion fun. It’s pretty damn cool to have a baby boy to dress up. In fact, my nearly 5-month-old has a better wardrobe than I do.

babyboy1

MINI RODINI: I love their stuff. Mini Rodini is really on trend and a bit edgy too.

My wish list: Pineapple sweatshirt // Giraffe body // Penguin long sleeve shirt // Tucan body with bib

babyboy2

STELLA MCCARTNEY KIDS: If her stuff for grown up girls wasn’t enough, you have to check out her kids line, particularly for babies.

My wish list: Dewberry body, Tinker body, Bitsy body, Twiddle body.

kidscasedecor81

KIDS CASE: I love Kids Case bodysuits (so soft and look nice after many washes) and their jackets are great.

My wish list: Still baby green collection // Still baby blue collection // Ginger Baby suit // Jones Baby jacket

impselfsdecor8

IMPS & ELFS: This Dutch brand is so cute. I have lots of their baby hats.

My wish list: This cardi with this body // Extremely funny shirt // these gray striped pant/tights combo // Little Monkey shirt

zaradecor8

ZARA KIDS: This is such an affordable and beautiful line of fashion for children, especially for the baby boy. I own a ton of Zara stuff and it’s great and wears better than H&M, though I buy from H&M too. Also don’t miss the Brothers & Sisters photographs on the Zara site. They are seriously so lovely.

My wish list: Swallow print shirt // Striped leggings //classic leather Basketball boot // vintage leather Basketball boot // whale shorts // pineapple t-shirt

Okay so next week I’ll profile 5 more kids clothes makers with a wish list for each that focus on the little guy. I need to go feed my wee lad now and prep him for nap time. See you soon, everyone!

(image top two: zara, everything else linked above)

Posted by decor8 in baby on July 07, 2014

1. Paige commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 7:13pm

Stop with the cuteness overload! I’m seven months pregnant and feeling the *womp womp* of shopping for a baby boy (on a single wall in a kids’ store because the girls’ section takes up the other three plus the racks). This stuff makes me swoon! If these stores ship to Canada, my son will be wearing their items. Whale shorts? Check! Giraffe onesie?! CHECK!

2. Lesley Myrick commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 7:21pm

Zara is my FAVORITE for little boys! Ford has these little jeans with suspenders we bought there and I can’t get enough of them: http://instagram.com/p/nL6Y3QwclV/
    Lesley Myrick´s last blog post ..Who Are You?

3. Kirsten commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 8:35pm

Thank you so much for this round-up. I have found it a challenge (although possible) to find great clothes for boys. I find most blogs cater to girls even when just discussing clothes in general like “great holiday outfits” – there are 20 dress options and one or two bow ties or pants outfits for the little guys! They deserve love too! :)

4. decor8 commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 9:18pm

@Lesley – SUPER CUTE xo

5. Jahaila @ Girl Nesting commented
    July 7th, 2014 at 10:08pm

I love it!!! Who can resist the cuteness!!! I know I defiantly can’t! I’m all about modern baby on Girl Nesting ;) ;) Thanks for sharing! and I totally agree, Zara has the coolest clothes for the little munchkins!!! XO!
    Jahaila @ Girl Nesting´s last blog post ..Elephants for the Exotic Little Princess

6. Kat commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 1:45am

I highly recommend shopping at Loveitloveitloveit.co.uk. Ruth’s eye is incredible and her commitment to colour & ethics is second to none x
    Kat´s last blog post ..Mollie Makes Cricut Project

7. Booie commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 4:25am

What a gorgeous collection you’ve pulled together. I’m a big fan of Zara Kids! The yellow booties are just adorable.

8. Hope commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 10:15am

Oh gosh, you’re maxing out the cuteness level today. I just love it. I’ve been following your instagram feed and yes it’s true, Aidan really does have the best boy’s wardrobe ever! Speaking from personal experience, if you dress them right (or how you like) from early on, they will grow to do the same when they’re old enough to make their own fashion choices. (That is of course until they’re old enough to want to start wearing whatever every other kid is wearing that is!)
    Hope´s last blog post ..Children’s Birthdays: My Favourite Things

9. Lauren commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 2:41pm

Some lovely picks here, I think I may just have to treat my nephews – if these sites all ship to the UK, that is!

Lauren
    Lauren´s last blog post ..Bicycle, Bicycle…

10. decor8 commented
    July 8th, 2014 at 2:56pm

@Lauren – Hello! You can most likely find these brands in the UK being sold in online and retails shops there.

11. Jonathan's Mom commented
    July 9th, 2014 at 1:21pm

Hey Holly, have you heard of “Hessnatur” (www.hessntur.com)? I love their simple & clean design for my little boy (4 months old), because I don’t like Transformers on his clothes either.
    On top th are made of organic cotton and they are produced under fair circumtances – a former school mate has worked for them and regularly flew to India etc., so I know this first hand. (I don’t like the idea, that their is children labor involved in producing my son’s fashion.) My second choice to emerge the “fast fashion” trap for my really fast growing kid, is buying second hand – most clothes look still like new ;-).

12. Clare commented
    July 10th, 2014 at 5:48pm

Check out Mini Mioche too…I love their clothes for dressing my little boy! So soft and environmentally conscious too! http://www.minimioche.com/

13. Amy commented
    July 12th, 2014 at 4:05am

My first is a girl and her closet is swamped because I can’t stop. My second is a boy and I try VERY hard to keep things equal…here’s what I’ve found:
    - Tea collection (great for both genders) love the graphic tees for boys. Clothes wash great and don’t fade.
    - mini Boden if you want to inject fun colors/prints
    - Hannah Anderson has some great appliqué tees, zip hoodies, and under garments

That being said, my daughter has bins of perfect clothes even tho she plays hard she is careful. My son DESTROYS everything. My fav tip for moms everywhere is to buy the art smocks from ikea that come in a 2 pack for dirt cheap and use those instead of bibs at each meal. Ours are blue and red and don’t match my kitchen but have saved so many of my kids’ clothes. Luckily, we just found out that #3 is a girl so I can put all those bins to good use!

Bottom line: have fun dressing the kids and let them dress themselves when they can :-)

14. Jess commented
    July 19th, 2014 at 1:54am

Such cute little outfits!

15. Laura commented
    July 24th, 2014 at 5:23am

Thanks for sharing! Can you purchase Kidscase in North America?