July 19, 2014

Hello friends and happy Saturday to you all! I’ve decided to go back to producing my random trend posts based on what I see online and during my travels locally. So let’s talk about a trendy little motif that you’ll see dotted about in the fashion and interiors world right now, particularly in parts of the world where it’s summer. PINEAPPLES!Micro Trend: PineapplesMicro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple feet print (bottom left) by Kim Fearheiley.

You either love ’em or hate ’em. In celebration of this trend, I had a virgin piña colada for lunch with my girlfriend yesterday which helped reiterate the fact that I’m a pineapple fan to the core. As a motif and food! I believe its popularity and whether YOU like it or not has to do with where you live. Like if you’re in the middle of Ohio this motif may not speak to you as much as if you live in Miami or LA. I grew up on the South Carolina seacoast so I can totally imagine working pineapples into our family home back in the day or running around with a pineapple clutch under my arm. But in northern Germany, not so much. For me to hop on this trend, I’d have to work it in subtlety at home or include it in a summer party theme. I remember as a kid we always had a golden pineapple on our bookcase. It symbolized hospitality. And of course, one on our doormat. Maybe that was just a southern thing growing up in South Carolina. I remember seeing pineapples more commonly there, especially as brass door knockers. So tell me, where are you based, would a pineapple motif fit your world? Or would it feel out of place? So, let’s look at some fun pineapple-y things that I found online that may inspire you. I personally LOVE seeing all of the yellow and citrus hues – it makes me happy!

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple Love print from Hard to Find.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

DIY pineapple ring dish by Jade and Fern.

via helado de nata

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple t-shirt from The Working Girl.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple pattern from we heart it.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple wallpaper designed by Rifle Paper for Hygge & West.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Gold pineapple wall decals by Empire Lane.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

DIY Pineapple piñata by Studio DIY.

Micro Trend: PineapplesPineapple throw pillow by Eloise Roberts, throw pillow by Sibylline, throw pillow by Jacqueline Maldonado, pillow by Grace, solo pineapple by ez pudewa, pillow by marta li, fresh pineapple by penelope prince, fruit pineapple by Madelyn Bilsborough.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple straws DIY from Sugar and Charm.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple art print by ez pudewa, print by Grace, tribal pineapple print by sunkissed laughter, The Gilded Pineapple by Amy Lowry.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Free printable gift wrap at  Whimsy Box.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Mint green resin pineapple, white pineapple lamp from Horchow, pineapple accent lamps from Horchow, Pineapple poster from French Blossom.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Print from Letters on Love on Etsy.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

iPhone cases by Field Trip: pink blushmint, blue, black.

Micro Trend: PineapplesGirl’s t-shirt from JCrew,  Labdip skinny jeans at Anthropologie in pineapple print, Pineapple still life tee at Anthropologie, Anthro pineapple print pillow, pineapple-y paradise cove tablecloth, pineapple tights for kids by Strathcona.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

A more grown up take on this trend is the Pineapple print by Kara Rosenlund.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Pineapple cookie jar as seen on the Hunted Interior.

Micro Trend: Pineapples

Great art in the home and one with a pineapple! Fun! As seen on room gallery.

So what do ya think? Are you in love or not? Psst: Looking for pineapple print fabrics? Visit spoonflower here. Or are you feeling hungry after seeing these lovely prints? Try this pineapple skinny smoothie…

Have a lovely weekend everyone, see you next week!

(images linked to their sources above.)

You Might Also Like

• Reply Denise Beckand July 19, 2014 at 3:17 pm

Can’t get enough, LOVE the pineapple!!

• Reply Andrea Hurley July 19, 2014 at 3:37 pm

I love that print by Kim Fearheiley! It’s one of my new favorite pineapple pieces. I think I may have to add that to my kitchen decor :)

• Reply Toni July 19, 2014 at 3:43 pm

I love the pineapple trend, think they look really bright & fresh. Adore the pineapple decals! x

• Reply Yuko Jones | northfield gate July 19, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I always dated someone who loves pineapples and of course, that’s my husband’s favorite fruit. So I definitely have a thing for pineapples. Love the black + white print, pineapple center pieces, and wallpapers. Would love to incorporate more pineapples in our home :)

• Reply Emma F.W July 19, 2014 at 4:38 pm

Here in Sweden we have these retro pineapple made by Guldkroken.
    They are so beautiful and come in different colors.

• Reply Maike July 19, 2014 at 4:53 pm

I love pinacolade but pineapple in any other way is a no go for me. Living in the netherlands I could walk with a patatoo on my shirt as a statement … :-)

• Reply Emma July 19, 2014 at 5:02 pm

I’m loving the pineapple trend even though I’m in rainy Scotland! In fact I wore my pineapple patterned jacket today.

• Reply julia I mintlaetta July 19, 2014 at 5:18 pm

love it definitely too ! and such a great selection – love especially the prints and the ring dish – all the best julia

• Reply Christina / KreaVilla July 19, 2014 at 9:12 pm

I’m definately in!
    I recently wrote a post about pineapples on by blog and also made a free printable pineapple poster. ;-)

They looks so beautiful.

• Reply Andrea @barnwoodandbluegrass July 19, 2014 at 9:14 pm

Being from Kentucky, USA we love pineapples! They are always on trend, here! Thanks for sharing! Love all of the beautiful patterns and a piña colada, is always a good idea! :)

• Reply Judy H. July 19, 2014 at 10:02 pm

The pineapples are darling, but I could see where a trend like this could get WAY out of control, really fast~

• Reply Amy July 19, 2014 at 11:17 pm

Loved seeing this gorgeous round-up in my feed Holly. We have some great pineapple prints and other tropical prints in our online store. They’d make a great addition!

• Reply Amy (Field Trip) July 20, 2014 at 1:30 am

Thanks so much for including my cases and print! I wasn’t into pineapples (life here in the Pacific Northwest is usually anything but tropical) but then summer hit and they grew on me big time. I really want that cookie jar!!

• Reply Elizabeth Mcclean July 20, 2014 at 3:45 pm

Go the pineapple!

• Reply Marlene @ Jade and Fern July 20, 2014 at 4:27 pm

Sweet, thank you for including my pineapple ring dishes on this awesome post! I’m clearly on board with the pineapple trend. It’s funny you mentioned Germany and South Carolina–I don’t remember seeing many pineapples when we lived in North Carolina when I was little, but there were quite a few in older architecture in Leipzig while I lived there and that’s where I learned about them representing hospitality. I think it’s such a sweet tradition that I now keep a vintage brass pineapple sconce by our front entry.

Also, those Anthropologie pineapple jeans are amazing. Need.

• Reply Laurl July 20, 2014 at 4:40 pm

Pineapples sell SOOO well in my Etsy shop! Brass pineapples, glass pineapples, pineapple bookends- are all hot on etsy! One of my brass pineapples was even published in German Cosmo this January! I love pineapples- they say welcome and they are great for you! Thanks for featuring them.

• Reply Christiana July 20, 2014 at 5:36 pm

Thanks so much for including our wallpaper in your fab round up, Holly! I’m mad for pineapples and have them in my bathroom. And now I want that tee and cookie jar! They do seem to be very on trend, but definitely also a classic :)

• Reply laura July 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm

Oh yes, I have noticed pineapples are appearing often at the moment, some great examples here. They seem to be taking over from watermelons!

• Reply laura July 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm

• Reply laura July 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm

• Reply laura July 20, 2014 at 7:13 pm

• Reply Ez July 20, 2014 at 8:12 pm

Thank you so much for including both my pineapple pillow and pineapple print amongst so many great pineapple finds Holly! xo

• Reply Kim B. July 21, 2014 at 6:50 am

Well you certainly opened my eyes — yesterday walking around here (Paris), I saw several pineapples, including on a pair of chunky-soled white sneakers! I wouldn’t have noticed them except for this post.

I liked your insight about them feeling “right” to you since you grew up in SC.

• Reply Kim B. July 21, 2014 at 6:52 am

P.s where is the very top image from? Love those.

• Reply Polly Rowan July 21, 2014 at 11:51 am

I love this trend! It’s so Summery and fun! I love the pineapple tshirt from Hush as well.
    We’re having a Hawaiian themed party on holiday in the South of France in a few weeks and I’m looking forward to incorporating pineapple themed drinks, food, games and decor!

• Reply anastasia July 21, 2014 at 1:56 pm

Im loving this ‘Club Tropicanna’ trend…gorgeous!

• Reply LisaS July 21, 2014 at 3:37 pm

Love the pineapple trend and love that photo by Kim Fearheiley!

• Reply Amber July 21, 2014 at 7:10 pm

Pineapples really are all the rage! We featured an article about Pineapples ( back in June. While it took me awhile to (partially) jump on the bandwagon, eventually I got there!

• Reply Michelle July 21, 2014 at 8:47 pm

I think the pineapple trend has taken off as an international symbol of mourning over the loss of the tv show, Psych! Just teasing, but I really am enjoying all the pineapple, it is so cheerful and bright. It is a symbol of warmth and welcome here in the US, too.

• Reply Kim July 22, 2014 at 2:09 am

I always find it so interesting how trends get started! I looked up a month or so ago and started seeing pineapples everywhere. Do they get started by fashion or other designers. Is it something as simple as a celebrity that wears a pineapple tee that’s gets the trend started. I love the pineapples though but I try not to hop on every bandwagon!

• Reply Amanda Rose Zampelli July 22, 2014 at 2:19 pm

Pineapples are SO having a moment! I blogged about ti the other day too:

• Reply oneradinatstar2b July 23, 2014 at 9:20 pm

Where I come from, pinneapples have always been in style–I do believe it’s a Southern thing! I’ve had a beautiful mahagany bed with pinneapple finnials since I was 13, and this post just may inspire me to add a few more pinneapples to my life!

• Reply Tanis S July 25, 2014 at 12:17 am

Being from Canada, I can’t say I’ve noticed a pineapple trend in decor, and it seems that it would be a little out of place here. I do like to have a pineapple in the middle of my fruit bowl when I’m entertaining though!

• Reply canne October 10, 2014 at 7:08 pm

Symbol of hospitality hence the brass doorknockers in a pineapple design

• Reply Owen chen April 7, 2015 at 2:21 pm

I never ever imaged the pineapple is so popular,as i did not see this motif ofen in China. Maybe that just beacuse it is a symble of summery & hospitality as Holly said. i love artcarfts, thank you for the sharing&it inspire me on the designs of decor in pineapple.