Bloomingville Autumn/Winter 2014-15

I love sharing with you all of the companies that I shop at over here in Europe. I know that it may be frustrating for those of you living stateside who do not have access to buying these products, however I remember when I lived in Boston and read blogs based in Europe – I loved seeing what was going on in foreign markets and also catching what was on trend there. It gave me excellent and interesting decorating ideas that I felt no one else had in my local area. That is why I was living in Boston decorating with European touches since the 90s, I was locked into international magazines that I would buy at Barnes & Noble and then later, I started reading European blogs. This all broadened my view and definitely helped me to not only sharpen my eye for design but also to find my personal style. I’m hoping posts like this, now that I’m living in Europe, do the same for those of you who don’t have exposure to the same things in your part of the world. Remember, keep an open mind. You may also find similar products where you live and a post like this can help you see how to put things together a little differently than what magazines are showing where you live. It’s fun to try new ideas and to stand out from the pack. At least, I always liked it.

blommingville6

So there’s this company, Bloomingville, that is based in Denmark but is a huge name in Germany… And I really like many of their products. I don’t own many, just a few ceramic cups and two pendant lamps in my hallway, but I’m very pleased with what I do have so I can vouch for their quality and style. In this post, I’m giving you a glimpse of their A/W 2014-15 catalog. You can see more online here. For the upcoming season you’ll spot lots of pastel blue and violet, gold, copper, marble, natural wood and shots of gray and black. Not your traditional Autumn/Winter colors in North America, I know, but in Scandinavia and Northern Germany, even in the Netherlands, this palette is much more common since we have less light during the cold months so these colors keep our rooms light and bright as it can feel really heavy and depressing otherwise.

bloomingville11

bloomingville12

bloomingville3

bloomingville1

bloomingville2

bloomingville7

bloomingville6

bloomingville10

bloomingville16

bloomingville9

bloomingville5

blommingville4

bloomingville8

Do you see any products that you’re dreaming of? My wish list: Gold skull, marble gemstone candle holders, plywood and blue side tables for my bedroom, rattan seating for my wintergarten and an organic-shaped marble cutting board to serve cheese and some plant pots.

What color schemes are you seeing in interiors where you live? Are pastels big at all?

(images: bloomingville)

Posted by decor8 in design on August 05, 2014

1. Monika commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 6:32pm

And in Poland, or Czech Republic :) Nordic way has taken our hearts and we are happy to live here in Europe, where all those lovely things are easy to buy :).
    But as you said, I do like to know what is on the other side of the globe and lately I have fallen in love with brands from New Zealand and I love the most linen bed linen and blankets made of wool :).

I love AW14 catalogs: Bloomingville, House Doctor, Madam Stoltz, Tine K, Lene Bjerre – I could watch them over and over again, such a lovely sources of inspiration.

Have a good day :)

2. Véronique (BereniceBig! Blog) commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 8:19pm

I like much Bloomingville ! Thanks for make discovering their new products !
    J’aime tout !
    Véronique (BereniceBig! Blog)´s last blog post ..SUMMER SHOT 4

3. Ilse commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 9:32pm

Great photos! Now, where do I sign up for those catalogues?!
    Ilse´s last blog post ..Shopping: Er kan altijd wel een vaasje bij

4. kelley commented
    August 5th, 2014 at 9:56pm

Beautiful and so clean and simple. Pinned.
    kelley´s last blog post ..Light Painting

5. Cate commented
    August 6th, 2014 at 12:37am

Some of these would work wonderfully in our apartment in Leipzig

6. Catherine commented
    August 6th, 2014 at 7:21am

I agree, I think it is fun to see what products are popular in Europe. I am dying over those marble gemstone candle holders!
    Catherine´s last blog post ..Hump Day Colour Inspiration

7. Cara commented
    August 6th, 2014 at 9:41am

Even within Europe I love the variety of styles in different countries. Whatever country I’m visiting I always try and pick up design mags.

8. Jemima commented
    August 6th, 2014 at 12:01pm

Gooooorgeous. Hooray for living in the UK and having very easy access to amazing things like this! I love that pallette, totally my jam. The gold is stunning.
    Jemima´s last blog post ..Rome… Part 3!

9. Wendy commented
    August 7th, 2014 at 12:10am

How do we order from them?

10. Marsha commented
    August 7th, 2014 at 6:02pm

I really love the simple clean, yet elegant lines. Wonderful keeping small spaces beautiful yet roomy.

11. Kirstin commented
    September 30th, 2014 at 6:02pm

I love your interior design style! The geometric candle holders are a nice touch, and their range of patterns makes the center piece very unique and eye catching. Great photos, and quality as always. Keep up the good work!
    Kirstin´s last blog post ..What IS the average price for a kitchen or bath remodel?