Home Tours

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

September 4, 2014

I came across this lovely tiny apartment that I wanted to share with those of you who live small but have great aspirations for your home anyway. Because really, the size of a home doesn’t matter at all as much as how well you are using those square feet and how much love is there. I’ve lived in homes of all shapes and sizes (I’ve never owned a house either! Even now, I rent.) and some of my favorite homes were not always the largest ones but those where I felt in tune with the space around me, loved and most of all, cozy and cared for. Doesn’t this apartment look so cozy and cared for? Click on any of this images for an extra large view.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

I love the stacks of magazines along the left wall. Looks so cool and cozy like that. All of those loose throw pillows make this space look super inviting.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

The bedroom may be tiny but it still looks so sweet. And I like that HAY dots rug on the floor. And let’s talk about those herringbone wooden floors. Don’t you love them?

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

This pendant light is a favorite. I wish I knew who made it, I want it for my own living room!

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

A fireplace with white candles inside? YES! This is such a sweet corner.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

What a great use of this nook – for a dining room. The mirrors on the wall really open up the space. I have the same table too – what a coincidence.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

Those round mirrors on straps are SO popular right now. Again, there are those stacked magazines. So pretty topped with boxes and a plant.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

This light is the best, I really like it.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

The grid tile on the walls is interesting, I’m not sure it’s “me” but it’s still interesting. The floor is nice! I love the mini radiator beneath the window, it’s charming.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

What a romantic bed and I love the linen draped overhead. You don’t see that much anymore. I did this in my bedroom in the 90s.

Home Tour: Tiny Stylish Scandinavian Apartment

These images are from the lovely Stadshem Fastighetsmäkleri, a realtor in Sweden who sells gorgeous apartments and homes. In fact, this is one of them that you can buy. I found it via the Nordic Design blog.

(photos: Jonas Berg)

You Might Also Like

24 Comments

• Reply Kiana September 4, 2014 at 8:53 pm

Love the apartment as a whole even though the palette is a little too cold for my taste. But the cozy bedroom and dining room are really cute.

• Reply Anne September 4, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Well, for me it doesn’t look that tiny… ;-)
    LIKE this apartment a lot <3

• Reply uschi September 4, 2014 at 11:15 pm

a really great little flat ! love it !
    these lamps look similiar with their twisted parts – maybe you will find the one from the swedish flat by browsing some of the links

• Reply Sabbie Narwal September 4, 2014 at 11:58 pm

Such a dreamy place to live!

• Reply Candice@NotesFromABroad September 5, 2014 at 2:10 am

The kitchen would bother my eyes, too small for all those squares .. lines .. but I always like rooms that are full of light.. and collections of mirrors on a wall is always a good thing :)

• Reply Colleen Welsch September 5, 2014 at 3:44 am

I just love that bed nook! This place looks so chill.

• Reply fantas-tisch September 5, 2014 at 8:17 am

Dear Holly,

this place is so beautiful and dreamy!
    I love all the pretty details such as the
    kitchen tiles, tester bed* an very stylish
    workspace!
    Great ideas for small rooms.

* I used to have one in the 90s too :)

Have a nice Weekend!
    Anke

• Reply Catherine September 5, 2014 at 11:26 am

Small but perfectly formed. Jealous, me?

• Reply Ida September 5, 2014 at 11:55 am

hi holly, what a beautiful apartment that is! do you happen to know the brand of the sofa? I am desperately looking for one to order and this one looks fab. thanks!

• Reply Mette September 5, 2014 at 12:01 pm

Lovely apartment!! I’m pretty sure the pendant is made of Verner Panton.

• Reply Christina September 5, 2014 at 1:15 pm

Dear Holly,
    I love the flat, too, and the lamp might be a VerPan Spiral SP01 White, see http://verner-panton.tagwerc.com/products/verpan-spiral-sp01-white.html
    ;)

• Reply Chi chi Furniture September 5, 2014 at 2:49 pm

Small is beautiful comes to mind with this home. Its beautifully styled. I love the bedroom, it looks so inviting. Neutral decor is my fave, but it does need to feel warm, I think it works here as it makes the space feel light and larger than it is and warmth is added with hints of gold and rustic tones.

• Reply Eleanor September 5, 2014 at 3:15 pm

WHERE is that table from? Lovely home. Proof that you don’t need massive square footage to make a home.

• Reply Polly Rowan September 5, 2014 at 3:30 pm

I love this apartment! I think the neutral colours help to open up the space well and keep it from looking too busy. Love the stacked magazines too. You’re great at picking out the lovely details. x

• Reply Polly Rowan September 5, 2014 at 3:33 pm

Also I can’t get your pin it buttons on the images to work I’m afraid. And when I click on my own pin it button (on my browser), only one image comes up. Might just be my browser playing up though… :) x

• Reply Lucie Palka September 6, 2014 at 3:54 am

I love the soft colours used in these rooms.

• Reply Prince September 6, 2014 at 3:48 pm

The fireplace is sooo lovely! I am getting ideas for my new apartment and this is perfect!

Lots of love

princechic.blogspot.com

• Reply Rhiannon Marshall September 7, 2014 at 5:58 pm

This house is absolutely adorable! I love how they turn such a small space into something that you can be proud of; that’s warm and a great living space. I know they wanted to use white to make the rooms look larger and lighter, but it would have added interest and extra warmth if they’d used some colours!:)

Rhiannon x

• Reply CaveWoman September 8, 2014 at 11:49 am

Lovely little apartment ..I love the little desk corner

• Reply Egle September 15, 2014 at 7:25 pm

Very lovely appartment!

• Reply Pernillle September 19, 2014 at 4:21 am

You say you have the same table. What brand is it? :)

• Reply Tamara October 1, 2014 at 1:55 pm

I am on the search for a dinning table since forever. I love this one. Could you please let me know where it is from.
    Lovely Greetings
    Tamara

• Reply Kendalls December 16, 2014 at 7:56 am

Wow, I wouldn’t mind a tiny flat if it’s styled and designed like this! It’s just mellow and laid back, especially when we talk of the bedroom. The drapes are splendid! What a wonderful and cosy space, really.

• Reply Jocelyn September 28, 2015 at 11:27 pm

Amazing, amazing! So cute and sweet and romantic. Who makes the dining table? In love!