Trends

September 30, 2014

I’m really feeling green lately you guys! I thought I would share some beautiful finds from Instagram that inspired me this past weekend. Things that really made my heart feel full of joy and loaded with interior inspiration. And perhaps it’s the coming of the holiday season with its evergreen overload, but I adore everything in many shades of green at the moment from pale mint to the deepest emerald. Here are some gorgeous and happy inspirations to encourage you along in the same green direction with a shot of coral, pink and black, and of course, loads of bright clear white. This embodies the perfect interior palette at the moment in my opinion.

Leslie Shewring

fleursdamelie

InsideOut mag

Pickled Thoughts

fleursdamelie

Concrete Geometric

InsideOut mag

This is all so crazy pretty right? And be sure to click on all of the links above to discover a ton of great Instagrammers that I follow. And now that I have a new iPhone 6 Plus, I can actually SEE the stuff people post a lot better – so if you’re on the fence about the new 6 Plus then yeah, I can say it’s a big phone BUT if you’re a blogger using it for Pinterest, Instagram and Skype like I do, it’s the bomb diggity!

Hope you are all doing well. xo Holly

You Might Also Like

27 Comments

• Reply pfefferminzgruen Christin September 30, 2014 at 9:20 pm

I love the Colours!
    Lovely Greetings
    Christin

• Reply Georgia September 30, 2014 at 10:01 pm

Lovely soft pastels!
    Congratulations Holly!

• Reply Colleen September 30, 2014 at 11:41 pm

Green is my favorite color so I love this post!

• Reply Candice@NotesFromABroad October 1, 2014 at 1:42 am

I have a dining room that has one wall that is floor to ceiling , wall to wall glass.
    The view is trees and more trees and lawns. So to paint the room a pale pale green, one of the lightest ones show here, I think would be wonderful. The green on the walls would look like a reflection of the green outside.
    Thanks for the inspiration :)

• Reply kelley October 1, 2014 at 1:56 am

Lovely! I’M in!

• Reply Gabi Barbará October 1, 2014 at 2:24 am

Mint green is so my favorite color right now!

xoxo,
    Gabi Barbará

• Reply Judy H. October 1, 2014 at 3:01 am

I am so calm and relaxed looking at these photographs. I could live with this palette oh so easily.

• Reply Amber Rhodes October 1, 2014 at 5:42 am

I love the shades of the green paint. One is very similar to a colour I painted my kitchen chairs!

• Reply Ashley @ She Makes a Home October 1, 2014 at 6:36 am

Holly, these are beautiful examples of the use of green! I’ve always said that green and blue are the colors that I can’t decorate with, but they’ve been growing on me lately and I’ve started to bring them into the mix at home. I especially love the colors of those chairs, and the tablecloth from InsideOut mag. Thanks for sharing your finds!

• Reply leslie October 1, 2014 at 7:06 am

Awww, so fun to see my these photos up on decor8!!! xoxo

• Reply Kris October 1, 2014 at 7:25 am

Love the picture of the green couch you chose:)

• Reply Lemon Freckles October 1, 2014 at 11:19 am

Adore these colours! I’ve used them all a bit around our home, there is something so wonderfully homely and comforting about them. x

• Reply Kristiane October 1, 2014 at 1:18 pm

What makes me really angry is, why do so many opinion-leading bloggers love to promote Zara? You, Garance, James aka Bleubird … I don’t get it … this company is well known for its low or non existing ethic and moral standards. Is it just, you don’t care?

• Reply decor8 October 1, 2014 at 7:40 pm

@Kristiane – I have no clue what you’re talking about.

• Reply Olena October 1, 2014 at 4:05 pm

Hello,
    I’ve just discovered your blog and was totally amazed by it, great articles! I particularly liked this one where you feature a blue navy color palette. It reminded me of this blue sofa from BRABBU, what do you think of it?
    covetlounge.net/brabbu/

• Reply Randy Trainor October 1, 2014 at 5:17 pm

Love the pops of color. The blue and greens with the white are gorgeous!

• Reply Jacquie October 1, 2014 at 5:46 pm

This collaboration sparked up so many good feelings and so many inspirational ideas! Thanks for the lovely post on this first day of October and a great example of Fall.

• Reply Angela schwer October 1, 2014 at 5:49 pm

Gorgeous! These colors are so lovely together! Great collection!

• Reply Sabine October 1, 2014 at 9:19 pm

Dear Holly,

was quite a bit sad that you , I guess, deleted the post for Inga… it was so well written! And I think the www can handle some posts which are besides business and stuff… enrolling the ups and downs of life… days full of joy and happiness and those which make us think and maybe also change.

It was touching and deep – thanks.
    Best wishes,
    Sabine

• Reply decor8 October 2, 2014 at 6:47 am

@Sabine – Yes, and thank you! However Stefanie Luxat, who was one lady who gave me the news of Inga’s death, told me to remove it immediately from my blog and I did not want to upset her – she thought it was in bad taste that I wrote it so soon, so maybe it was for the best.

• Reply Jenni Kupelian October 1, 2014 at 9:40 pm

What is it about combining different shades of one color that is so pleasing? I really love this palette, thank you for sharing!

• Reply julia I mintlametta October 2, 2014 at 10:18 am

such a gret selection! love the colors and pictures, especially the ones by leslie shewring …. all the best – julia

• Reply Polly Rowan October 2, 2014 at 5:53 pm

That duvet cover set in the last image is gorgeous!

• Reply Sayeh, The Office Stylist October 2, 2014 at 8:16 pm

Love all the colors!! especially those that are inspired by nature!!

Thanks for sharing,

Sayeh, The Office Stylist
    theOfficeStylist.com

• Reply Ashley October 4, 2014 at 4:05 am

GREEN… Yay! Just in time for October, liver cancer awareness month.

• Reply maaike October 9, 2014 at 9:36 pm

Oh my, so many pictures of my home, I am very honoured to be on your website as an inspiration, wow! Makes me more sad about the room tour, but luckily I do change a lot ;) So maybe in the future, Thanks so much for the huge compliment.

• Reply Decoracion October 17, 2014 at 1:12 am

I love the colors! it’s… adorable! Thanks :-)