Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

October 22, 2014

Hello everyone! I’ve been totally absorbed in my e-course, Blog Boss, at the moment so I’m sorry if I’m not that active on the blog at the moment. Between teaching, one-on-one blog business consultations via Skype and redecorating some rooms in my home – well I’ve been busy! Plus I take care of my baby full-time and am busy with other work projects too. I have some great things coming up for 2015, including the redesign of decor8 AND a brand new logo.

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

It’s very exciting to be so busy, especially doing things that fuel me and make life sweeter. My baby boy is really thriving too, which makes me so proud. He is a little over 8 months old and tonight he did something for the first time that was so completely precious that I had tears of joy streaming down my face. I was putting him to bed and I asked him for a kiss. I usually just say “Kiss” or “Kiss mama” and he opens his mouth wide and dives in and plants a wet kiss (mouth open) on my face, somewhere around my mouth. Well tonight it was different. He did that, but then he kept giving me kisses and kisses and more kisses, even moving his little lips trying to make a kissy face… Holding both sides of my face in his little pudgy hands with his bright blue eyes gazing into mine with such joy… And the more he gave me the more he giggled and then I started giggling and we collapsed on the bed in hysterics as he kept kissing me more and more. Tears were streaming down my face because it was this perfect moment when you realize your baby is developing a real personality and is really starting to understand you and your humor and words and wow, it was magic to bond with him like that. I just had to share. He’s so darling.

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

Aren’t the photos in this post divine? I’ve been pinning like crazy from the new Design Files blog. I’m so impressed by what Lucy has done to revamp her site. Looks gorgeous. She is such an inspirational blogger. I love that it’s so easy now to find all of her beautifully photographed Australian home stories. Whenever I look at pictures of Australia I always think I COULD TOTALLY LIVE THERE. Don’t you?

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

Gorgeous Design Files + Baby Kisses

How are you doing? I hope you are well. Do you have any heart warming stories to share?

(images: the design files)

• Reply Romy October 22, 2014 at 10:38 pm

Mine is 12 months old and she is starting to talk and say words… for now it is just Hachi (my dog) and papa (daddy). And she is also pointing out to everything she wants. She makes herself understood with no words. I love it.

• Reply decor8 October 23, 2014 at 11:42 am

@Romy – that is so sweet! Aidan said his name a few weeks ago when he turned 8 months, I nearly fell off my chair that his first word was his own name!!!! Ha! But he isn’t talking – we both speak to him in two different languages so I don’t think he will talk “on schedule” like other kids, he’ll be later I imagine. But he never quiets – he is always saying dadada dadadadada dada dada – it’s been non-stop since he was 4 months old.

• Reply Kristin at Interior Nature October 22, 2014 at 10:50 pm

I feel like I could live in any one of these rooms! So sensitive and beautiful and natural, too.

• Reply Dominique Paolini October 22, 2014 at 11:26 pm

My heartwaing story: Today my husband and I refinanced our house. He bought the house before we got married, so this is the first time my name will be on the title (to any home). My sweet husband bought me a card to congratulate me on my new home and has made every effort to make sure I feel the beautiful place is OURS.

• Reply decor8 October 23, 2014 at 11:40 am

@Dominique – THAT IS AWESOME! Congrats! I’ve never owned my own home, I move too much, but I think I’m getting “there” now that I have a child, like I want a home to raise him in.

• Reply Yuko Jones | northfield gate October 23, 2014 at 12:53 am

Awww that is so sweet. The first kisses from your baby is so special… so glad you got to share such a precious moment with your little one :) I wish I kept a special journal for each of my boys, when they took their first step, when called me mama for the first time etc. I guess it’s too late now lol! I can’t get over the above kitchen – so gorgeous. And yes, I can totally live in Australia!

• Reply Sayeh, The Office Stylist October 23, 2014 at 3:14 am

Such a lovely post. Your son sounds SO precious and darling. Thank you for sharing that tender moment with us! Always cherish those little moments.

Also, I’m loving all of the photos you picked. So much design inspiration! I personally love the use of the different bar stools in the kitchen.

-Sayeh, The Office Stylist

• Reply Amber Rhodes October 23, 2014 at 3:47 am

Lovely photos. My 15 month old daughter is getting the hang of walking now which is super cute. She’s fixated with her shoes…typical female.

• Reply decor8 October 23, 2014 at 11:39 am

@Amber Rhodes – My son is into his shoes too- he loves his Humble & Duke baby mocs the best – I have them in gold, yellow and beige and he LOVES when I put them on him. At first, he was always trying to take them off, now he wears them proudly but will sometimes bite them and suck,oh well. :)

• Reply Nicola Fanstone October 23, 2014 at 8:15 am

I love the rug in these photos, as well as the crate side table, such a great look!

• Reply Laurel October 23, 2014 at 9:13 am

Those kisses get better and better. My little man is nearly two and he gives the absolute sweetest kisses! Sometimes I will ask for one and he will shake his head no, then get a big smile and give me one. It melts me every time. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me (closely followed by marrying his dad!) and I know the success of my life will be measured by raising him.

I recently moved to Australia from the US and I can tell you that it is every bit beautiful as you think. It’s shocking to visit a beach here for the first time, they are so incredible. I love it here!

• Reply Ilaria October 23, 2014 at 9:56 am

such a sweet sweet moment!
    I LOVE the pictures and I want to see more!
    I visited australia a few years ago and I find it so vibrant and inspiring. I would totally move there!

• Reply Maggie @Maggie Overby Studios October 23, 2014 at 10:27 am

Oh Holly, it only get better. They will surprise you and impress you with all they know and absorb over and over again. My little boy is 9 year old now but when he was a baby we had a hanging wall clock that gonged every 15 minutes. As he could walk he would run up to the clock and gasp in surprise, raise his eyebrows and make a little “O” with his mouth his eyes darting back and forth to see if anyone else was noticing this amazing thing. Every time it gonged! I thought it was the cutest thing ever.

Now that is my cute baby story but that top photo. AHHHH. I know from a certain someone that that room is so Spring, and I love it!

• Reply Paloma León October 23, 2014 at 10:31 am

What a lovely space. I just think that should have some furniture that give some glamour. Check out the Koket website (, they have amazing pieces that really make the difference!

• Reply Valerie October 23, 2014 at 4:31 pm

Hallo Holly. It is so wonderful to read about your first kisses experience with your baby. Last month I had the same with my little one…exactly so with the open mouth…I find it so funny and so precious…one of the most beautiful experiences in life….
    p.s I am enjoying your blog boss e course.

• Reply abigail October 23, 2014 at 10:42 pm

i lovvveee the kitchen set up !

• Reply Luca Saunders October 25, 2014 at 12:44 pm

How truly gorgeous to hear my lovely! I can’t wait until little Tavi can do that, at 4 months I hope i don’t have long to wait.x